kadmin and other errors: "Master key does not match database while initializing ..."

My Kadmin daemon will no longer start.  It gives me:

[root@kdc3 root]# /etc/init.d/kadmin start
Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server: kadmind: Master key does not match
database while initializing, aborting

I get a similar error when I do "krb5_util dump file.dump".

 From the Kerberos FAQ it sounds like a problem with my kerberos
database but I didn't find any references on how to fix it.  Can someone
point me in the right direction?

This is Fedora Core 1.  Let me know what other relevant information
might provide useful.

Thanks

Austin

godber> My Kadmin daemon will no longer start.  It gives me:
godber> [root@kdc3 root]# /etc/init.d/kadmin start
godber> Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server: kadmind: Master key does not match
godber> database while initializing, aborting

godber> I get a similar error when I do "krb5_util dump file.dump".

godber>  From the Kerberos FAQ it sounds like a problem with my kerberos
godber> database but I didn't find any references on how to fix it.  Can
godber> someone point me in the right direction?

godber> This is Fedora Core 1.  Let me know what other relevant information
godber> might provide useful.

This is not really enough information to fully diagnose your problem.
What changes have you recently made?  The error message you quote
sometimes indicates master key stash file corruption, or database
corruption.

---Tom

tlyu (271)

Kadmin error: "kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface"
Hi There, I'm setting up a test kerberos/afs realm and I'm having a problem with kadmin. kadmin and kadmin.local run fine from the kdc, but kadmin gives the folloowing error when run from another machine: kadmin: GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initializing kadmin interface The krbadm log shows no output, but kadmin.log on the kdc shows the following: Oct 11 23:15:02 kdc1 kadmind[3821](Notice): Request: kadm5_init, coeadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM, success, client=coeadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM, service=kadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM, addr=x.x.x.191, flavor=300001 I can kinit and everything else from the client, I just can't run kadmin. both client and server are RHEL4 with MIT krb5-1.5.1. compiled from source. I get the same error using RedHat's kadmin and the source-compiled one. kdc1 is the server and as1 is the client # on kdc kadmin: listprincs K/M@MYREALM.COM coeadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM host/as1.myrealm.com@MYREALM.COM host/kdc1.myrealm.com@MYREALM.COM kadmin/admin@MYREALM.COM kadmin/kdc1.myrealm.com@MYREALM.COM kadmin/changepw@MYREALM.COM kadmin/history@MYREALM.COM krbtgt/MYREALM.COM@MYREALM.COM I had fixed a previous error about not having kadmin/kdc.myrealm.com in the DB by adding the service principal. Now I have no errors in any of the logs, just an error on the console when I run kadmin What am I missing? Jason Edgecombe Solaris & Linux Administrator Mosaic Computing Group, College of Engineering UNC-Charlotte Phone: (704) 687-3514 ______________...

Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0".
I am using the ibm_db2 PECL drive in PHP for connecting to or DB2 database. I created a persistent connection and things seemed to work fine at first. However, after a few tests / connections, I started to get this error when running through my queries: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.26.243.61". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=08001 SQLCODE=-30081 Any help would be great, thanks! On Feb 13, 8:44 am, "Brent Halsey" <brent.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am using the ibm_db2 PECL drive in PHP for connecting to or DB2 > database. I created a persistent connection and things seemed to work > fine at first. However, after a few tests / connections, I started to > get this error when running through my queries: [IBM][CLI Driver] > SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication > protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: > "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "10.26.243.61". > Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific > error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE=0800...

"Stored master key is corrupted while initializing kadmin.local interface"
Howdy folks, I'm running an MIT KDC for two small realms (a few dozen principals each) on FreeBSD 4-STABLE for i386. I haven't tried to manipulate any principals via the kadmin interface ia a while (probably two weeks), and when I tried it recently I ran across an unusual problem: kadmind wasn't running. Thinking that that was unusual, but not a bit deal, I attempted to fire up kadmind: # /usr/local/krb5/sbin/kadmind -r SEEKINGFIRE.PRV kadmind: Stored master key is corrupted while initializing, aborting Oh, that's not good. So I tried via via kadmin.local (which should give the same result, I know): # /usr/local/krb5/sbin/kadmin.local Authenticating as principal tillman/admin@SEEKINGFIRE.PRV with password. kadmin.local: Stored master key is corrupted while initializing kadmin.local interface That's definitely not working. krb5kdc is running and working fine, but without kadmin I'm probably headed for trouble :-) So I thought I'd try my other realm. I skipped the kadmind and went straight to kadmin.local: # /usr/local/krb5/sbin/kadmin.local -r ROSPA.CA Authenticating as principal tillman/admin@SEEKINGFIRE.PRV with password. kadmin.local: Stored master key is corrupted while initializing kadmin.local interface Note that this realm is on the same server, but has it's own directory and it's own stashed master key (.k5.ROSPA.CA versus ..k5.SEEKINGFIRE.PRV). I have multiple copies of both on-line and tape backups of the stashed master k...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Protocol specific error code(s): "10065", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001
Hello All, I am getting the below error message when I am trying to connect from client to remote database server installed on Linux. DB2 UDB ESE database is running on a trail version on Linux and client (administration client) installed on Windows. #_____________________________________________________________________ Protocol specific error code(s): "10065", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001 #_____________________________________________________________________ One the DB2 server: [db2inst1@fedorasvr ~]$ db2level DB21085I Instance "db2inst1"...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"out" and "in out"

"or" and "and"

about "++" and "--"

why "::", not "."

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"my" and "our"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

What are some methods of getting the "match field" or "primary key"?
We are all using FMP 5.5 under Windows XP or Windows 2000 and FileMaker Server 5.5. I need to make a new database listing where all our roof ladders are located (I work for a county government) in each building. I already have a Building file that lists all of our buildings along with their names, address, city, zip, etc etc. But I would like to make it a relational file also so that no one needs to update the Buildings file or the Ladders file if the building names or address should change. [They probably won't but the idea is also to have the building names and addresses be exactl...

Matching "Goto" for "From"
Hello, i am a newer ,this is a problem when i learn a example, when i simulated it ,there always are warnings such as: Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iA/source' not found. Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iF/source' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Machine/FCEM/Goto' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Voltage Source/Goto' not found. Warning: Using a default value of 0.02 for m...

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

LVS Error: No matching ".SUBCKT" statement for "rhrpo_ckt_rf" at line .....
Hi, I have run assura LVS for a LNA circuit, which has RF componets, and the result said it match its schematic. But I run Calibre LVS for the same LNA circiut, there are " Error: No matching ".SUBCKT" statement for "rhrpo_ckt_rf" at line... and " source could not be read". Only RF components have above error, other component can be recognized. Can someone kindly tell me how to solve the error. Thank you in advance. Regards. Fred. On Mon, 19 May 2008 23:48:41 +0800, "ykjing" <jhealthy@yeah.net> wrote: >Hi, >I have run assura LV...

"Disk I/O Error" "Replace the disk, and then press any key"
I am trying to install Windows 98 as a way to then upgrade it to XP on a box and it goes fine through the first installation phase, but then I am getting: ~ "Disk I/O Error" "Replace the disk, and then press any key" ~ Someone recommended to me to use knoppix (knoppix.net) in order to: ~ check via dmesg that the disk are fine (which they were), ~ make sure you can mount then (I could just fine), and ~ run smartmoontools on it (i didn't report any problems from within knoppix) ~ The BIOS is also see the ATA disk just fine. I even reset it to the de...

Errors: "No current record" and "The search Key was not found in any record"
Hi I get the errors 1) No current record 2) The search Key was not found in any record while deleting data from a table it is a simple delete, as: delete from asd where record_time < 39585 or where record time > 39585 and < 39586 They result in the errors above, in the same order. Data is present in the table. What causes this? On May 29, 11:08=A0am, jodleren <sonn...@hot.ee> wrote: > Hi > > I get the errors > 1) No current record > 2) The search Key was not found in any record > > while deleting data from a table > > it is a simple delete, as: ...

MAC SE: "Bomb" "Sys Error" / Address error" at start
Stephen Buggie (505) 863-2390 Psychology Department Univ. of New Mexico, Gallup February 15, 2006 200 College Road Gallup NM 87301 buggie@unm.edu NEED RESCUE DISK! MAC SE -- BOMB System Error / Address Error ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dear Macintosh experts, My Mac SE crashes at power-up. I gives the bell-chime, then it proceeds though the launch sequence. After showing two extension-icons, it crashes. Then a dialogue-box shows the BOMB icon with the message, SORRY, A SYSTEM ERROR HAS OCCURRED --- ADDRESS ERROR It never reaches the desktop; this crash occurs every time. The Mac SE has a 330 meg internal hard drive, System 6.x.x, and a 1.4 meg internal 3.5 floppy drive. There is a SCSI port but no internal CD reader. The b/w screen is extremely sharp in its focus. The computer worked fine until about a year ago, when I stupidly put a file in the wrong folder. It has crashed consistently ever since! It has an assortment of software on the hard drive, but I have backups of everything and am willing to reformat the entire hard drive if necessary to get the computer working again! If I can resurrect the computer, I hope to upgrade the system to System 7.0 or 7.1 . DONE SO FAR: Yes, I have launched it with shift-key down, to turn off the extensions, but it always crashes Ive also tried vari...

Why is the difference between "Error Out.ctl" and "Error Out 3D.ctl"?
&nbsp; What is 'Error Out 3D.ctl' in LabVIEW 7.0? [It's found in 'Controls > Array & Cluster'.] Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'? Or are the differences simply cosmetic? Neither of these controls seems to have an entry in LabVIEW Help. &nbsp; Oops - 'Why is' == 'What is' > Does it differ functionally from the old 'Error Out.ctl' found in > 'Controls > Classic Controls > Classic Array & Cluster'...

"matches regexp" and "matches regexp (case insensitive)"
Gentlemen and Fair Ladies, Eudora has suddenly failed to discern between "matches regexp" and "matches regexp (case insensitive)". Can anyone tell me how to correct it? I use Eudora 4.3.2.7. Many thanks! God Bless! Norm Norman Johnson <nfjohn@flash.net> wrote: > Eudora has suddenly failed to discern between "matches regexp" and "matches > regexp (case insensitive)". Can anyone tell me how to correct it? A few more details might help. Since you say this happened suddenly, I presume it was working properly but stopped doing so. Can you tell us a bit more about what happened? Is the problem that you created a new filter and that new filter isn't working correctly? Or is the problem that an old filter isn't working the way it used to? Or is the problem with "find messages" rather than with filters? Are you sure that the problem is really that it isn't discerning the difference between those things? What, if anything, did you change before this problem started? Did anything else go wrong at about that time? -- Katrina ...

Web resources about - kadmin and other errors: "Master key does not match database while initializing ..." - comp.protocols.kerberos