Kerberos authentication between XP and 2000 server

Hi,

I am trying to use Windows 2000 server as KDC for an XP machine.I read
that, by default if the 2000 server is configured as DC,kerberos is
used as authentication method by default.I am not able to authenticate
using Kerberos.

Steps done:
I have configured the windows 2000 server as DC and added the XP
as  computer to it and also added a user. I am able to login to the DC.
I have downloaded the ktray tools from the microsoft site.

On DC, when I use the ktray tool,I can see the
client name: Administrator@MYDOMAIN.COM
service name: krbtgt/MYDOMAIN.COM@MYDOMAIN.COM
taget name : krbtgt/MYDOMAIN.COM@MYDOMAIN.COM

On XP, I see nothing :(
Can any body please say what could be the problem ?

Thanks.

0
mdj_frend (26)

The very first thing to check is DNS.  You must have valid
fully qualified domain names for your XP and 2000 Server
machines or the Kerberos authentication will fail and the
workstation will fallback to NTLM.

--
-----------------
jaltman2 (417)

I checked whether  DNS is working properly by :

On XP,

> ping -a "ip address of 2000 server"

It gets the FQDN of the DC and ping works fine.

> ping "FQDN of win 2000 server"

ping works

same thing works when I ping windowsXP from windows 2000 server.

Does this mean my DNS is configured properly ? If yes, how to go
further in debugging to find what else could be wrong ?

Thanks

0
mdj_frend (26)

Microsoft SSPI error
Hello, I have configuration of active directory 2003 r2 sp3 working with linux mod_auth_kerb. I use SPNEGO for subversion. When using Linux all work great! When using Windows XP(and Windows 7) Firefox/IE/cifs client work great. Problem is subversion which uses neon, it get the following: --- Running post_send hooks ah_post_send (#1), code is 201 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is Negotiate oYGfMIG coAMKAQChCwYJKoZIhvcSAQICooGHBIGEYIGBBgkqhkiG9xIBAgICAG9yMHCgAwIBBaEDAgEPomQwYqA DAgEXolsEWTLvPLmZvxBgaMEmPDDTIeG9bdJ5rmfTEtsj6Cv9eF9s9Z8sBWhVhPXYzIVsm/sw0hqR+1u DM9frpOeV2Y0YGtDk2flN5iOM/HdEujj0GXAYEWHvPp/3kSc2 auth: SSPI challenge. InitializeSecurityContext [fail] [80090304]. sspi: initializeSecurityContext [failed] [80090304]. --- At windows event log I see the following: --- Event Type: Warning Event Source: LSASRV Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator) Event ID: 40962 Date: 10/3/2011 Time: 3:55:38 PM User: N/A Computer: VALON Description: The Security System was unable to authenticate to the server HTTP/correlux-gentoo.correlsense.com because the server has completed the authentication, but the client authentication protocol Kerberos has not. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. --- Had anyone seen this before? I tried many configurations, but without success: --- Gentoo --- dev-libs/openssl-1.0.0e -> also downgraded to openssl-0.9.8f www-servers/apache-2.2.21 www-apache/mod_auth_kerb-5.4 -> also downgraded to m...

setup kerberos authentication for SQL Server 2000
Hi, I need some help to setup Kerberos Authentication for SQL Server 2000. I believe by default Window authentication in SQL Server is Kerberos. But I don't know enough and have not come across any documentation that confirm this. I believe if both the server and client are on the same domain, when the client workstation connect to the server using windows security, this is consider kerberos. Is this true? Have any done this? Or is there a query that I can run to confirm what authentication I am using, like Kerberos? My workstation and server are both Windows 2000 and I believe by ...

Trouble authenticating with Kerberos & LDAP
I've been very frustrated trying to get this to work. We are trying to use a windows 2003 server as our Kerberos server, along with our openldap on solaris as our directory server. The machines we want to authenticate on are all Solaris 9. The ldap tree is fully populated, and working properly. With our current nsswitch.conf, logins work using the ldap directory (with posixAccount & shadowAccount records), as does a getent passwd <ldapusername>. Also, we have our Windows 2003 server's directory setup with named users, and with our current pam.conf, we can authenticate aga...

Once a week Kerberos failure between IIS6 web server and SQL Server 2000 db server
Hi, Regularly once a week we get problems with a Kerberos failure on ouintranet application. Kerberos is set up with Constrained Delegation and Protocol Transition. Configuration: S3 ...

Kerberos v5 and Windows 2000 server
I have recently seen info on the latest advisories for MIT Kerberos v5 (8/31/04). I am new to Kerberos and know that windows uses it for its authentication. How does these advisories affect Window 2000 server? Thanks for any info! Bill ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos BNail@doc.gov wrote: > > > > I have recently seen info on the latest advisories for MIT Kerberos v5 > (8/31/04). I am new to Kerberos and know that windows uses it for its > authentication. How does these advisories affect Window 2000 server? > > Thanks for any info! > Bill It does not affect Microsoft's implementation. The advisories are specific to the MIT implementation of Kerberos as specified in the advisories. It is unfortunate that the IT press failed to make the distinction between a weakness in one implementation vs a weakness in the protocol. Jeffrey Altman -- ----------------- This e-mail account is not read on a regular basis. Please send private responses to jaltman at mit dot edu ...

authentication on windows xp thru kerberos
Hi, i have a problem , i can't get to authenticate myself on windows XP thru kerberos database, located on another pc using linux. what should i do? thx in advance _________________________________________________________________ Quale attrice a 31 anni ha gi� ottenuto 5 nomination agli oscar? http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=kate+winslet&form=QBRE&lf=1&go.x=14&go.y=8 ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:58:38 +0200 "Luca Lauretta" <patrickroy@hotmail.it> wrote: > Hi, i have a problem , i can't get to authenticate myself on windows XP thru > kerberos database, located on another pc using linux. > > what should i do? Hi Luca, What you should do is find a document that describes the scenario you're interested in [1][2]. Then, when you find that the result is not consistent with what the document says, you should look carefully at the error message and do an analysis of the problem. If you cannot decipher the error and the error is related to the Kerberos protocol, then you might post the exact error text here. Mike [1] http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/howto/kerbstep.mspx#EVCAC [2] http://www.h5l.se/manual/heimdal-0-7-branch/info/heimdal.html#Configuring-Windows-2000-to-use-a-Heimdal-KDC -- Michael B Allen PHP Active Directory Kerberos SSO htt...

How to setup kerberos server on OS:windows 2000
I am new to Kerberos and do not have access to Unix boxes. I would like to set up a Kerbose Server on my PC which is running Windows 2000 Professional. The MIT documentation is gear to Unix systems. I could not find the same commands for windows that the documentation talks about for Unix. Is there a good guide that explains how to set up the server on windows 2000? Thanks in advance Huatuo ���� Sincerely, huatuo 2005-05-20 ---------------------------- �� �� Hitron Technologies Wuhan R&D office China Tel:+86-27-85721301 ext 45 Fax:+86-27-85768332 mailto:huatuo@hitronwh.com ---------------------------- ������������ �������������������� �� ���������������������������� ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type
Colleagues, What could be the reason that I cannot telnet from FreeBSD to Solaris 10 with the following error: Connected to oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru. Escape character is '^]'. [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ] [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ] [ Trying KERBEROS5 (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ] [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Kerberos checksum verification failed: Bad encryption type ] Password: Kerberized telnet and ssh work fine between FreeBSD systems, but Solaris is a problem. The kdc is Heimdal running on FreeBSD. The keytab for the host principal was exported on FreeBSD and then transferred to Solaris and imported there. Thank you in advance for any input. -- Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN 2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/ I believe that solaris (as as solaris 9) only supports des-cbc-crc encrypion. Hope that helps, Steven --- Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.no-spam-here.tomsk.su> wrote: > Colleagues, > > What could be the reason that I cannot telnet from > FreeBSD to Solaris 10 > with the following error: > > Connected to oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru. > Escape character is '^]'. > [ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 > (host/oracle.sibptus.tomsk.ru@SIBPTUS.TOMSK.RU)... ] > [ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because > Kerberos checksum verification failed: Ba...

Kerberos authentication against W2K server with native chars in password
I have a working JAAS Kerberos program that can authenticate against a W2K Domain Controller, but W2K allows the user to have native chars in the username and password (like the Danish letters ���), and this does not seem to work from Java! I found out that W2K uses UTF-8 encoding while MIT and Heimdal uses 8-bit ISO-Latin1. Is there any way to get Java to use UTF-8, or is it something different that is wrong? Tested on SuSE Linux 9.0 (kernel 2.4.21) and Windows 2000 with Java 1.4.2_03 Program created from this example: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/AcnO...

Exchange Server and Campus Kerberos server ?
Hi - I hope this is the right place to post this query - if not, I apologize. Does anyone have any experience with Exchange Server and Kerberos who might be willing to talk to someone from another University. I have no experience with either kerberos or exchange and would be unable to answer their questions. If you are interested, please contact BK directly. Thanks, Kirky --------- attached email ---------- Kirky - I've been contacted my a Director of Network Security at a Mid-Atlantic-based University who is looking to speak with a peer that has experience syncing up an Exchange server to a campus-wide Kerberos server. Do you think the folks on IT Partners would know themselves or of someone who migh have such experience? Feel free to have them contact me directly. Best Regards, B.K. DeLong Dir. of Partner Member Services & Research Institute for Applied Network Security 15 Court Square, Suite 1100 Boston, MA 02108 617.399.8100 617.399.8101 facsimile www.ianetsec.com[1] Links: ------ [1] http://www.ianetsec.com/ ----- End forwarded message ----- ...

MIT Kerberos or Heimdal Kerberos?
Hi, How do I know the server install in the system is MIT Kerberos or Heimdal? I m using FreeBSD 5.2.1 Thanks sam ...

kerberos SERVER
Hello. could you help me where i can find and download a Kerberos SERVER please. thanks a lot. <ali.mohammadi62@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115458379.334742.266760@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello. > could you help me where i can find and download > a Kerberos SERVER please. > thanks a lot. > ever heard of Google ? ...

Kerberos Web Server to file Server
Hello, Is Kerberos delegation needed to write a file from a web app to a file server within the same network? If so, I will be setting up constrained delegation. The problem is what is the service on the file server that I will let the web service be delegated for? ...

Changing master key (Kerberos authentication server+LDAP database)
Is it possible to change the master key of a realm when LDAP is used as the database server? The stash file is not present since LDAP is used. Appreciate any help on this. Thanks, Anubha ...

is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server?
Hi guys, Does anyone have experience on this to share? I've set up a SUN LDAP server and it's running fine by using simple authentication so far. Of course I want to make it more secure (to protect the password while binding to LDAP server) so I'm thinking either MD5-Digest or Kerberos. However looks like SUN LDAP itself doesn't have kerberos abilities and I have to install SEAM (Sun Enterprise Authentication Mechanism) separately to enable Kerberos..... So I was thinking that if I can easily configure SUN LDAP to use MD5-digest then that should be the easiest however it seems that I have to store the password as plain-text in LDAP server to enable MD5-digest and I don't want to do that (Let me know if there are other easier ways to enable MD5-digest). So my question is that is it pretty easy to enable Kerberos for SUN LDAP after installing SEAM? Or can SUN LDAP use other KDC as well? Thanks a lot in advance ! P.S, I know LDAPS (LDAP over SSL) can easily achieve my goal however I kinda think it's an overkill since I don't really need to protect all the LDAP transactions except for the password part... -Kent ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Kent Wu wrote: > > So my question is that is it pretty easy to enable Kerberos > for SUN LDAP after installing SEAM? Or can SUN LDAP use other > KDC a...

Authenticating to Kerberos
Hi, I've had a quick look but cannot find a module that will let me authenticate against Kerberos. There appears to be a krb5 module that hasn't been updated for a long time and I can't find much on it except the pages at starship.python.net. I don't need to do anything except authenticate and gain the correct credentials. Are there any modules that I could use to authenticate against Kerberos (perhaps there is another module will do just the auth, e.g. for LDAP?). Cheers. David wrote: > I don't need to do anything except authenticate and gain the correct > cred...

Authenticating Windows XP & 7 Against Kerberos Help-Plea!
Hi Guys, I'm trying to get 2 Windows Clients (1x Windows XP Pro SP3, 1x Windows 7 Enterprise) configured so they logon via Kerberos 5-1.8 (Arch Linux Server, Kerberos 5 build from source), and I'm soooo close I can smell it! but... When I login I get the error message: *"The username or password is incorrect"* on the Windows client. The log file krb5kdc.log shows the following for each attempt: *"dc1 krb5kdc[5372](info): AS_REQ (6 etypes {18 17 23 24 - 135 3}) 10.0.0.3: ISSUE: authtime 1270166763, etypes {rep=23 tkt=16 ses=23}, tom@TNET.LOC for krbtgt/TNET.LOC@TNET.LOC dc1 krb5kdc[5372](info): TGS_REQ (5 etypes {18 17 23 24 - 135}) 10.0.0.3: ISSUE: authtime 1270166763, etypes {rep=23 tkt16 ses23}, tom@TNET.LOC for host/wdesk3.tnet.loc@TNET.LOC"* Is there an error hidden somewhere in this krb5kdc.log output? Or should I be looking elsewhere? I have done the following: 1. Synced the time with a ntp server (on the same box) using *w32tm /config ... * 2. Added this machine to the list of hosts (via * /usr/local/sbin/kadmin.local*): 1. kadmin.local> ank -e rc4-hmac:normal -policy host/wdesk3.tnet.loc 2. kadmin.local> ktadd -k /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab 3. Added the Windows machine to the realm, added the kdc server, and mapped the users: 1. > ksetup /addkdc TNET.LOC dc1.tnet.loc 2. > ksetup /addkpasswd TNET.LOC dc1.tnet.loc 3. > ksetup /setrealm TNET.LOC 4. REBOOT WIN...

ssh from windows xp (putty with kerberos) using NetIDMgr 1.1.8.0 (Kerberos for windows 3.1)
Has anyone got a version of putty to work with the Kerberos for Windows release 3.1? I'm running win xp and am able to get my kerberos 5 tokens fine (from CSAIL.MIT.EDU) in NetIDMgr, but I've tried various supposedly kerberos-aware versions of putty with no luck. Thanks. -- Greg -- Greg Sullivan gregs@csail.mit.edu (617)417-4746 (cell) ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

RE: is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server?
You can use Sun's Directory server with non Sun kdc, you just have to have SEAM (Sun's Kerberos) setup on the director server (ie - it needs the client libs). If you have an install on Solaris 9 or 10 I don't even then you need to install anything - the Kerberos libs are already there. (You will have to run the directory server on a Solaris box). See http://docs.sun.com/source/817-7613/ssl.html -dan -----Original Message----- From: kerberos-bounces@mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces@mit.edu] On Behalf Of Kent Wu Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:29 PM To: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server? Hi guys, Does anyone have experience on this to share? I've set up a SUN LDAP server and it's running fine by using simple authentication so far. Of course I want to make it more secure (to protect the password while binding to LDAP server) so I'm thinking either MD5-Digest or Kerberos. However looks like SUN LDAP itself doesn't have kerberos abilities and I have to install SEAM (Sun Enterprise Authentication Mechanism) separately to enable Kerberos..... So I was thinking that if I can easily configure SUN LDAP to use MD5-digest then that should be the easiest however it seems that I have to store the password as plain-text in LDAP server to enable MD5-digest and I don't want to do that (Let me know if there are other easier ways to enable MD5-digest). So my question is th...

RE: is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server?
Whether a directory can do SASL/GSSAPI data privacy and/or integrity is directory server specific. Some directories (AD) support privacy and/or integrity protection. Others (Sun) don't, so you must use SSL. One other thing to be aware of is that clients and downgrade the privacy and integrity protection. If clients can do downgrade the data protection, it makes me wonder if an attacker can downgrade the session. I haven't looked into it enough. -dan -----Original Message----- From: kerberos-bounces@mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces@mit.edu] On Behalf Of Markus Moeller Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:24 PM To: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: Re: is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server? Craig, you say you use SASL + SSL. As far as I know SASL/GSSAPI can do encryption too. What was the reason not to use SASL/GSSAPI with encryption. And example is AD, which can be accessed via SASL/GSSAPI with encryption. Thanks Markus "Craig Huckabee" <huck@spawar.navy.mil> wrote in message news:4316DEC8.5060809@spawar.navy.mil... > Kent Wu wrote: >> >> So my question is that is it pretty easy to enable Kerberos for SUN >> LDAP after installing SEAM? Or can SUN LDAP use other KDC as well? > > We use Sun's LDAP server with PADL's GSSAPI plugin - we built our copy > against MIT Kerberos 1.3.x and use MIT KDCs. I think the binary versions > they sold previously also use MIT Kerber...

Working Kerberos application SAP/Unix server authenticating to Win2k AD?
Hi, is somebody using the above scenario? I want to use MIT Kerberos to implement SNC for a SAP server on Linux. Then this server and the GUI clients should be able to authenticate (using single sign-on) against a Win2k AD DC. I'm mainly interested in the configuration details, like the used principal names when authenticating to the win2k ad, in order to make sure I understand the principle. Could you send me your SNC configuration (especially the SAPgui, SAPlogon SNC part and snc/identity/as in the *.PFL files)? I slightly modified the sources of the GSS-API implementation of MIT Kerberos 1.2.8 to make it return only the rfc1964 compliant mechanism and now it passes a certification test program from SAP: gsstest-1.26. In addition I made the SNC-Adapter (a GSS-API wrapper, with minor additions; available by download from the SAP website) from SAP work on Linux and pass the same test. BTW: The pre-rfc1964 mechanism also passes the test. (Note however: Tests can only show the presence of bugs but never their absence.) When I use my snckrb5.so adapter together with SAP R/3 (on Linux), I get the following error message, when trying to establish the security context: N *** ERROR => SncPEstablishContext()==SNCERR_GSSAPI [sncxxall.c 3423] N GSS-API(maj): A token was invalid N GSS-API(min): Mechanism is incorrect N Unable to establish the security context N <<- SncProcessInput()==SNCERR_GSSAPI M *** ERROR => ThSncIn: SncProc...

RE: is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server? #2
Markus, I know SASL/GSSAPI can do encryption according to the document however I tried a while back to enable the encryption against AD while doing kerberos authentication in my C program but failed. Did you really enable the encryption successfully in the program? If so then I must have missing something then.... Thanks. -Kent -----Original Message----- From: kerberos-bounces@mit.edu [mailto:kerberos-bounces@mit.edu] On Behalf Of Markus Moeller Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:24 PM To: kerberos@mit.edu Subject: Re: is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server? Craig, you say you use SASL + SSL. As far as I know SASL/GSSAPI can do encryption too. What was the reason not to use SASL/GSSAPI with encryption. And example is AD, which can be accessed via SASL/GSSAPI with encryption. Thanks Markus "Craig Huckabee" <huck@spawar.navy.mil> wrote in message news:4316DEC8.5060809@spawar.navy.mil... > Kent Wu wrote: >> >> So my question is that is it pretty easy to enable Kerberos for SUN >> LDAP after installing SEAM? Or can SUN LDAP use other KDC as well? > > We use Sun's LDAP server with PADL's GSSAPI plugin - we built our copy > against MIT Kerberos 1.3.x and use MIT KDCs. I think the binary versions > they sold previously also use MIT Kerberos. > > We now have several processes that regularly use only GSSAPI/SASL over > SSL to authenticate and communicate wi...

Working Kerberos application SAP/Unix server authenticating to Wi ndows AD
We currently have Kerberos running on a Solaris 9 Unix server communicating with a W2K3 Active Directory. When we attempt to pass through to SAP via the SAP GUI, the ticket appears to be generating, but we are getting an error message indicating that the versions of the ticket are different. Can you advise as to why we would be getting this error? We are trying to get this into a production environment in the next 2 days. So any quick advisement is appreciated. Thank you, Kim Wineland, PMP ACS, AMS Project Manager 623-322-6750 - Office 602-738-8113 - Cell kaw1195 - AOL IM kwineland@bluestarsolutions.com ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Hi, I had once similar problems. Check, if someone has changed password of the user, which represents SAP instance in AD after you executed ktpass. Best regards, vadim tarassov On Thursday 31 August 2006 01:04, Kimberley Wineland wrote: > We currently have Kerberos running on a Solaris 9 Unix server communicating > with a W2K3 Active Directory. When we attempt to pass through to SAP via > the SAP GUI, the ticket appears to be generating, but we are getting an > error message indicating that the versions of the ticket are different. > > > > Can you advise as to why we would be getting this error? We are trying to > get this into a production environment in the next 2 days. So...

JOB OPENING IN MASS. *** QA / Security Certification / Kerberos authentication protocol / Perm. position ****
My client, a software product development company based in the Boston area, has an opening for a Quality Assurance Software Engineer that has specific experiences with security certifications. The position requires some experiences with Common Criteria certification methodology, terminology, and formats. Knowledge with Kerberos authentication protocol is also required. This is an established, profitable, company with leading edge product offerings. We are looking for a top performer for this outstanding company. Mandatory Requirements include: - QA experiences with security certifications is required - Experiences with Common Criteria certification methodology is required - Experiences with Kerberos authentication protocol is required. - Experiences with UNIX and Windows required - Experiences with any of the major database: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, DB2 would be preferred - BS technical degree required from a top technical university - US Citizen or Permanent Residency required Competitive starting base salary + bonus + full benefits package. YOUR RESUME WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED TO ANYONE WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION. Please EMAIL your resume as a WORD attachment to: tfi@ix.netcom.com Ben Oifer Technical Futures, Inc. 18 Washington Street, #205 Canton, MA 02021 Phone: (781) 793-9292 Email: tfi@ix.netcom.com ...

Web resources about - Kerberos authentication between XP and 2000 server - comp.protocols.kerberos

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Online account security: lazy authentication is still the norm
Even in the high-tech world of 2016, crims will be able to side-step your account security by making a phone call and saying they're you.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app