Mac OS X Kerberos

Is there anywhere a guide how to work with the Mac GSS Framework ?  There
are many functions marked as deprecated, but I could not find any
instruction how to replace them. Example:

error: 'krb5_init_context' is deprecated: use GSS.framework
     [-Werror,-Wdeprecated-declarations]
   code = krb5_init_context(&kcontext);
          ^

Thank you
markus

0
Markus

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Kerberos in Mac OS X 10.4?
I just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4, and have been having problems with its implementation of Kerberos. In OS 10.3, I could access my mail on MIT's POP server using Kerberized POP. Now, in 10.4, whenever I try to access it, I get an error in the Console: "krb_sendauth() failed: error code 255". When I run the Kerberos app hidden in the System directory, I see that while on 10.3 my tickets were listed as "v4/v5", in 10.4 I only see "v5". Could this be why my email isn't working? If so, how do I convince 10.4's Kerberos to get v4 tickets?...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Disable Mac OS X Kerberos Auto Prompting
Is there a way to programmatically or in a configuration file to disable Mac OS X auto-prompting for the user's kerberos password? I'm interested in only disabling auto-prompting in one particular application. Thanks, Christopher Nebergall ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos In Panther you can #define KERBEROSLOGIN_NEVER_PROMPT 1 I'm not sure that this works with earlier releases. Nebergall, Christopher wrote: > Is there a way to programmatically or in a config...

Kerberos, external-keyx authentication, Mac OS X
Hello: I am trying to build OpenSSH with Kerberos support on my iBook and having a lot of trouble. The configure script lists --with-kerberos5 option and if I compile with this, the libraries are found and I get this at the end of configure OpenSSH has been configured with the following options: User binaries: /usr/bin System binaries: /usr/sbin Configuration files: /usr/etc Askpass program: /usr/libexec/ssh-askpass Manual pages: /usr/share/man/manX PID file: /var/run ...

Kerberos & Mac OS X login authentication
Mr. Ling, et all, My name is Kraig Schmidt, and I am a member of the Computer Technology staff at the University of Virginia School of Architecture. In our attempt to implement improved security measures for our network, we are trying to Kerberize the login process for all of our public Mac OS X clients. Mr. Ling, I saw your note from March on the kerberos mailing list archive and I though perhaps you might have some advice for the problem we have encountered... We are using Mac OS 10.2.6, and a Windows 2000 Server for ActiveDirectory and KDC services. We have successfully implemen...

Updated Kerberos Extras for Mac OS X is released

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

adjusting token size
--Apple-Mail-3-131072070 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 good day, is there a way to configure the cache size of kerberos token in mac os x = client (10.6) just the way you can in windows. the size of the cache = hit's a limit when a AD user is member of many groups as described here.=20= http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327825/en-us thanks for advice or help. greetings from snowy munich Allan M. Schmid =EF=A3=BF Apple Certified Trainer =EF=A3=BF Apple Certified Technical Coordinator =EF=A3=BF Apple Certified System Administrat...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Web resources about - Mac OS X Kerberos - comp.protocols.kerberos

Kerberos (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Trekkies miss out after push to name Pluto moon 'Vulcan' fails; Kerberos and Styx chosen instead
BAD news, 'Star Trek' fans: Pluto's fourth and fifth moons have been named Kerberos and Styx, despite 'Vulcan' being the top suggestion.

Meet Pluto's smallest moons: Kerberos and Styx
Pluto's two smallest known moons have been officially named after characters associated with the underworld of Greek and Roman mythology.

Pluto's moons named Styx and Kerberos, despite vote for Vulcan
... Astronomical Union vetoed a public vote to name one of Pluto's two most recently discovered moons Vulcan and named the moons Styx and Kerberos. ...

kerberos articles on Engadget
kerberos articles, stories, news and information.

Microsoft Issues Emergency Patch for Kerberos Bug
The vulnerability could enable an attacker to elevate privileges. Microsoft recommends that organizations consider rebuilding their Windows domains. ...

Kerberos Productions Offers Expertise to President on the Weaponization of Outer Space
... game violence to the President and Vice-President of the United States, Sword of the Stars 1 & 2, Fort Zombie, and NorthStar developer Kerberos ...

The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx, respectively.
The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx , respectively. The Earth's moon is still named fucking "Aiden." ...

Poll For Pluto's Moons Closes, Vulcan and Kerberos Win - Geekosystem
First the SETI Institute put it up for vote, then the geeks and nerds swarmed the Internet, and now it's as certain as it can be before the International ...

Kerberos unleashed at last: Pluto’s dog-bone moon poses another mystery
NASA’s New Horizons probe has finally filled out its family portrait of Pluto and its moons – and Kerberos, the last moon to get its closeup, ...