MIT Kerberos interoperability with Windows KDC?

Hi All,

Are there any significant interoperability issues between MIT Kerberos runtime
library and Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, and 2003 Server) KDC?

Is the conversion of Microsoft KDC ticket to MIT Kerberos standard ticket
(known as the process of ms2mit) done transparently in MIT Kerberos runtime
library?  Or,  is there an API which can be called by applications for doing
ms2mit?

I am new to this list and the above questions may have been asked before.
Pointing to some existing FAQ or resources will also be appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Kevin

Kevin:

In Kerberos for Windows 2.5, if you are running the Leash ticket manager
at startup Microsoft credential importation will occur automatically.

In KfW 2.6, in addition to automatic importation by the Leash ticket
manager there is also a new krb5 ccache type, "MSLSA:", which can be
used by applications to cause ticket retrieval to be performed via
the MS Kerberos LSA cache for the current logon session user instead
of the default MIT credentials cache.

KfW 2.6 is currently in beta.  Downloads are available from the MIT
web site.

Jeffrey Altman
KFW Maintainer

Kevin Wang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there any significant interoperability issues between MIT Kerberos runtime
> library and Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, and 2003 Server) KDC?
>
> Is the conversion of Microsoft KDC ticket to MIT Kerberos standard ticket
> (known as the process of ms2mit) done transparently in MIT Kerberos runtime
> library?  Or,  is there an API which can be called by applications for doing
> ms2mit?
>
> I am new to this list and the above questions may have been asked before.
> Pointing to some existing FAQ or resources will also be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Kevin

jaltman2 (417)

MIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issueMIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issue
Hi, I also experienced the same problem as William G.Zereneh (http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-May/005341.html). I'm able to change the password using ctrl-alt-del, but when the password is expired and windows asks me to change the password, I encountered "Domain MIT.REALM.COM is not available" error. As I sniff the packet, it noticed that it sent a CLDAP query message with filter: (&(DnsDomain = MIT.REALM.COM)(Host = myhostname)(NtVer=\006) which is returned NULL by my _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.REALM.MIT.COM How to resolve this problem ? maybe there's a missing entry in my DNS ? Is it mandatory for the MIT Kerberos KDC (I installed it on RedHat Linux) to have an LDAP service to resolve the CLDAP request ? and can LDAP actually entertains CLDAP request since LDAP is using TCP while CLDAP is using UDP ? Can I resolve the CLDAP request using Windows 2000 server instead ? Any ideas will be very appreciated Regards from newbie, lara ===== ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ La vie, voyez-vous, ca n'est jamais si bon ni si mauvais qu'on croit - Guy de Maupassant - ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/ ____________________________________...

MIT Kerberos clients and Windows KDC
Hi all, I am trying to make an embedded device part of the windows domain and use windows DC as KDC for my embedded divice. Embedded device has MIT Kerberos. I am using GSS API . * How can we get the TGT for the server programatically ( transperently ) with out user intervention ? * If the device restarts, then do I need to store the TGT in persistent memory ? * If I am not wrong, microsoft adds the PAC data which no limitation of size. I have memory constraints. Is it required to store the TGT in non volatile memory ? I need this info since I am trying to find in case if the embedded device reboots ,then do I need to store the TGT in non volatile memory or I can get it again after the device comes up. * Assuming that a client is accessing services on embedded device via Kerberos and there is already a successful kerberos session is established. If at this point, if the embedded device reboots and the device gets TGT again, will it alter the communication in any way ? Could anybody please respond to these queries? Regards in article 1132304089.372626.30620@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, sandypossible@gmail.com at sandypossible@gmail.com wrote on 11/18/05 2:54 AM: > Hi all, > > I am trying to make an embedded device part of the windows domain and > use windows DC as KDC for my embedded divice. Embedded device has MIT > Kerberos. I am using GSS API . > > * How can we get the TGT for the server programatically ( transperently > ) with out u...

Problems with windows 2003 KDC and MIT kerberos
I have been having problems with getting a keytab file on a windows 2000 client running the MIT Kerberos utilities to interface properly with a windows 2003 KDC. I had the same client working correctly when the KDC was a windows 2000 server. The command "kinit rdop@INFRASTOR.US" works correctly but when I attempt to use "kinit -k" I get the following error message kinit(v5): Cannot find KDC for requested realm while getting initial credentials My krb5.ini file is as follows [libdefaults] ticket_lifetime = 600 default_realm = INFRASTOR.US default_keytab_name = C:/WINNT/krb5.keytab default_etypes = des-cbc-crc default_etypes_des = des-cbc-crc [realms] INFRASTOR.US = { kdc = 192.168.0.3 admin_server = 192.168.0.3 } [domain_realm] .infrastor.us = INFRASTOR.US infrastor.us = INFRASTOR.US "klist -k -t -K" gives the following results. Keytab name: FILE:C:/WINNT/krb5.keytab KVNO Timestamp Principal ---- ----------------- ---------------------------------------- 3 07/28/04 17:52:06 rdop@INFRASTOR.US (0x158cefb5d56d5eab) This problem is frustrating because I had the system working correctly prior to upgrading the KDC to a windows 2003 machine. I need some suggestions on where to look next. kdkirmse wrote: > > I have been having problems with getting a keytab file on a windows > 2000 client running the MIT Kerberos utilities to interface properly > with a windows 2003 KDC. I had the same client working corr...

MIT Kerberos or Heimdal Kerberos?
Hi, How do I know the server install in the system is MIT Kerberos or Heimdal? I m using FreeBSD 5.2.1 Thanks sam ...

XP Workstation logging into Windows 2000/2003 AD Domain using MIT Kerberos KDC
I am pretty new to Kerberos so I may mess up the terminology. We have had a couple of people attempt what I am describing below and we have failed so far. I just wanted to consult the group with the basic "is this possible" question first, then expand on to broader questions like "who has done it" and "how is it done" We have a student lab of Windows XP computers and we want the students to have to authenticate to use them. We have an MIT Kerberos KDC that "knows" all the students but we do not want the MIT KDC to have to know each and every XP workstation. We would like to set up a Windows Server 2003 (or 2000 if that makes a difference) AD Domain Controller that the students log into, but we ant that AD Domain controller to contact the MIT KDC for authentication purposes. If we have to create explicit user accounts for each student in the Windows Active Directory Domain we will, but if we could map them all to a single account that would also be good. In other words, we are willing to let the MIT KDC talk to the Windows AD Domain Controller, not all the workstations. We want the XP workstations to contact the Windows Domain Controller and have the Windows Domain COntroller touch base with the MIT KDC to authenticate them. I have set up a Windows Server 2003 AD Domain controller, It is all working well from a DNS point of view. It is actually talking to the MIT KDC but so far all I have gotten is Windows error from the tickets ...

Login to XP workstation in WIndows Server 2003 2k3 AD domain with MIT kerberos KDC
I am new to Kerberos and I probably have the terminiology wrong so I apologize right off. We are trying to build an environment where students are allowed to log into a Windows XP desktop workstation that is part of a Windows Server 2003 (we could use win2k3 or win2000 if need be...) Active Directory domain, but we would like them to authenticate to an MIT Kerberos KDC through a trust arrangement. We don't want the MIT Kerberos KDC to have to know and trust each individual workstation, we want it to only know about the Windows Server 2003 domain controller. In other words I don't want to point 100 XP workstations at the KDC for authentication, I want them to just sign into the AD domain but get authenticated by the fact that they have a valid account in the MIT kerberos KDC. Is this even possible? TIA tj > Active Directory domain, but we would like them to authenticate to an MIT > Kerberos KDC through a trust arrangement. We don't want the MIT > Kerberos KDC to have to know and trust each individual workstation, we > want it to only know about the Windows Server 2003 domain controller. > In other words I don't want to point 100 XP workstations at the KDC > for authentication, I want them to just sign into the AD domain but > get authenticated by the fact that they have a valid account in the > MIT kerberos KDC. > > Is this even possible? Yes that's possible. It should be quite easy to setup (some time ago I got it to w...

MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Greetings, everyone. We run a number of Solaris 8 systems using Sun's SEAM PAM implementation and MIT's Kerberos (which we're up to date on). We are starting to look at Solaris 10, and are hoping to move towards Sun's implementation of Kerberos. We are having a bit of trouble getting the two to talk properly, however. If we SSH (from production to test, for example) to a Solaris 8 machine, then we can rlogin (Kerberized) to the Solaris 10 machine and, from there, rlogin to a Sol8 machine again. If, however, we SSH directly to the Solaris 10 machine, we cannot rlogin to a Solaris 8 machine. Doing various experiments (for example, trying to ksu on the Sol 10 machine), the only error we ever get is: ksu WARNING: Your password may be exposed if you enter it here and are logged in remotely using an unsecure (non-encrypted) channel. Kerberos password for ux5p@ATCOTEST.CA: : ksu: Server not found in Kerberos database while geting credentials from kdc Authentication failed. Doing an rlogin to a Sol 8 machine gives no errors at all; it just quietly fails. The above error seems to indicate that the Solaris 10 Kerberos isn't passing the tickets to the Sol 8/MIT Kerberos servers (which, based upon certain differences, would not be a big surprise). Has anyone gotten this to work? The Sol 10 system is using the default Solaris 10 PAM implementation as well; not sure if this is part of the problem, but the configuration files are significantly different. Th...

MIT Kerberos for Windows
Hi there. Is it possible to automatically disable KRB4 when installing Kerberos for Windows ? Right now I can provide a URL, so it will automatically get the configuration like krb5.conf etc... But can I use the same simple URL to automatically disable KRB4 ? Thank you JY ...

question about MIT Kerberos KDC processing PROXY KDC requests
Hello, I understand that proxiable/proxy tickets are rarely used and the corresponding code in the MIT Kerberos implementation is not very well tested. However, I found two possibly buggy places in the KDC code, so I think this is worth asking about. I used the MIT Kerberos distribution and was able to make proxiable/ proxy tickets work, but had two make two changes in the KDC source code. I would like to ask if these are really bugs or not. We use the MIT Kerberos 1.6.3 release. Both suspicious places are in kdc/ kdc_util.c, validate_tgs_request(): 1. line 1144: if (request->kdc_options & NO_TGT_OPTION) { if (!krb5_principal_compare(kdc_context, ticket->server, request_server)) { *status = "SERVER DIDN'T MATCH TICKET FOR RENEW/FORWARD/ETC"; return(KDC_ERR_SERVER_NOMATCH); } } NOT_TGT_OPTION is defined as: #define NO_TGT_OPTION (KDC_OPT_FORWARDED | KDC_OPT_PROXY | KDC_OPT_RENEW | KDC_OPT_VALIDATE) The KDC returns an error here if the server principal in the ticket does not match the one in the KDC request. I can see how this check is required for the "forwarded", "renew" and "validate" KDC requests. However, for a proxy ticket request, it seems that: - the ticket must be a TGT with ticket->server = krbtgt/R1@R2, for some R1 and R2 - the KDC request must have a server principal request->server = the target application server's Kerberos principal Should the #define NO_TGT_OPTI...

FW: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Sorry, I accidentally sent this reply just to Wyllys. In the interest of keeping the thread complete, I'll put it to the list as well. R > That's because Solaris 10 'kadmin' uses RPCSEC_GSS and > MIT uses a slightly different RPC protocol. This is not a new > issue, its been a problem ever since we introduced SEAM. > > The solution is that if your KDC is MIT, then you must use the MIT > 'kadmin' client to manage it. OK, thanks. So, I'll have to keep the MIT binaries around as well... Rainer ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

OpenSSH, OpenAFS, Heimdal Kerberos and MIT Kerberos
Rather then implementing kafs in MIT Kerberos, I would like to suggest an alternative which has advantages to all parties. The OpenSSH sshd needs to do two things: (1) sets a PAG in the kernel, (2) obtains an AFS token storing it in the kernel. It can use the Kerberos credentials either obtained via GSSAPI delegation, PAM or other kerberos login code in the sshd. The above two actions can be accomplished by a separate process, which can be forked and execd by the sshd and passed the environment which may have a KREB5CCNAME pointing at the Kerberos ticket cache Other parameters such as the home directory could also be passed. This would then allow simple code in OpenSSH that does not depend on OpenAFS, Hiemdal or MIT code to fork/exec the process that does all the work. This would be called by the process that would eventially become the user's shell process and is run as the user. OpenSSH could be built on systems that may or may not have AFS installed and run on a system with or without AFS. The decision is based on the existence of the executable and any options in sshd_config. In its simplest form, all that is needed is: system("/usr/ssh/libexec/aklog -setpag") This is a little over simplified as there should be a test if the executable exists, processing of some return codes, making sure the environment is set, setting some time limit. etc. But the point is there is no compile dependence on OpenAFS, MIT or Hiemdal by the Op...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Greetings, and thanks for the response. > > We run a number of Solaris 8 systems using Sun's SEAM PAM > implementation > > and MIT's Kerberos (which we're up to date on). We are > starting to look > > at Solaris 10, and are hoping to move towards Sun's > implementation of > > Kerberos. We are having a bit of trouble getting the two to talk > > properly, however. > > I'm confused - you cannot use the Solaris pam_krb5 with MIT Kerberos. > It is linked directly with the Solaris Kerberos libraries (private). I am trying to get the Solaris Kerberos (SEAM) on the Sol 10 system to talk to the MIT Kerberos on the KDC and other Solaris 8/MIT systems. > Solaris 10 Kerberos interops very well with MIT, Heimdal, and > Microsoft. > It has support for all of the enctypes (AES, RC4, 3DES, DES) finally. But I can't seem to get it to work. > > If we SSH (from production to test, for example) to a > Solaris 8 machine, > > then we can rlogin (Kerberized) to the Solaris 10 machine and, from > > there, rlogin to a Sol8 machine again. If, however, we SSH > directly to > > the Solaris 10 machine, we cannot rlogin to a Solaris 8 > machine. Doing > > various experiments (for example, trying to ksu on the Sol > 10 machine), > > the only error we ever get is: > > > > ksu > > WARNING: Your password may be exposed if you enter it here and are &g...

Replacing the system Kerberos with MIT Kerberos (from ports)
Is there a way to replace the Heimdal Kerberos libraries included in the FreeBSD base system with the MIT Kerberos libraries installed from the security/krb5 port? I know about the KRB5_HOME make option. I'm concerned about other "Kerberized" applications not working properly because they use the wrong client libraries, hence my desire to completely replace Heimdal with MIT Kerberos. The Heimdal Kerberos libraries shipped with the FreeBSD base system don't support TCP, so when a KDC replies to a client request with a response larger than the maximum UDP packet size, the Kerberos libraries return an error to the client instead of switching to TCP (which can handle large responses). I routinely encounter this problem when integrating FreeBSD servers and workstations into Windows Active Directory domains, where the KDC responses include additional authorization data derived from a security principal's group memberships: Samba's "net ads join" command fails with a "response too big for for UDP, retry with TCP" error when linked against Heimdal, but it succeeds (and everything else works properly) when linked against MIT Kerberos. (Note that I'm not willing to debate the semi-standard/non-standard inclusion of authorization data in a Kerberos ticket's PAC, nor am I willing to argue the applicability of the aforementioned operating systems to their assigned tasks.) Best wishes, Matthew ...

ssh from windows xp (putty with kerberos) using NetIDMgr 1.1.8.0 (Kerberos for windows 3.1)
Has anyone got a version of putty to work with the Kerberos for Windows release 3.1? I'm running win xp and am able to get my kerberos 5 tokens fine (from CSAIL.MIT.EDU) in NetIDMgr, but I've tried various supposedly kerberos-aware versions of putty with no luck. Thanks. -- Greg -- Greg Sullivan gregs@csail.mit.edu (617)417-4746 (cell) ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Kerberos MIT + windows workstations
Hi, I have a working Kerberos/LDAP environment. Now I'm trying to authenticate Windows clients against Kerberos. I followed the instructions in http://sial.org/howto/kerberos/windows/ but get an error message at login. Unfortunately the message is in German: Sie k�nnen aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht angemeldet werden: Zuordnungen von Kontennamen und Sicherheitskennungen wurden nicht durchgef�hrt. This means that the account mapping does not work. On the server I can see that the authentication is successful. So there must be some problem after authentication. Can anybody point me to useful information on authenticating windows clients to Kerberos MIT, especially on automatic user profile creation. Thanks in advance Didi ...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #2
BTW, as a further clarification, the system was installed initially using our MIT Kerberos build (i.e. the same as we use on all of the Solaris 8 machines). I am now trying to get it to work with the Solaris 10 SEAM. One problem I see immediately (refreshing my memory with a couple quick tests) is that, when using the Sol10 SEAM to install the keytab, I immediately get: # kadmin -p rheilke/admin Authenticating as principal rheilke/admin@ATCOTEST.CA with password. Password for rheilke/admin@ATCOTEST.CA: kadmin: ktadd host/salty.atcotest.ca kadmin: Communication failure with server while changing host/salty.atcotest.ca's key kadmin: So, the Sol10 SEAM cannot seem to talk to the KDC. Rainer ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Heilke, Rainer wrote: > BTW, as a further clarification, the system was installed initially > using our MIT Kerberos build (i.e. the same as we use on all of the > Solaris 8 machines). I am now trying to get it to work with the Solaris > 10 SEAM. > > One problem I see immediately (refreshing my memory with a couple quick > tests) is that, when using the Sol10 SEAM to install the keytab, I > immediately get: > > # kadmin -p rheilke/admin > Authenticating as principal rheilke/admin@ATCOTEST.CA with password. > Password for rheilke/admin@ATCOTEST.CA: > kadmin: ktadd host/salty.atcotest.ca > kad...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #6
OK, I think I have fixed the services. I have: # svcs -v | grep login online - 13:25:02 35 svc:/system/console-login:default online - 13:25:11 - svc:/network/login:eklogin online - 13:25:12 - svc:/network/login:klogin online - 13:25:12 - svc:/network/login:rlogin (Just to make sure, those ARE the correct versions? The ones I removed looked like: # svcadm disable svc:/network/klogin/tcp:default # svcadm disable svc:/network/eklogin/tcp:default The first entry in the svcs listing is, I assume, my root console login via the terminal server.) Or did I cancel the wrong two? If I use the MIT rlogin to go to another server, this fails (and no message gets logged on the KDC). I expect this is correct behaviour (needing the SEAM version). So, where do I find the Solaris 10 SEAM version of rlogin? The rlogin in /bin seems to be the old, un-Kerberized one, or is this actually a Kerberized one? In which case, it never seems to get a connection, and again, doesn't log anything on the KDC. I can use the Solaris 8/MIT rlogin to go from one of the old Solaris 8/MIT systems to the Solaris 10 box. Thanks again. Rainer ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos e@atcoitek.com wrote: > OK, I think I have fixed the services. I have: > # svcs -v | grep login > online ...

Kerberos MIT
Hi, I have a LDAP/GSSAPI/Kerberos system up and running. I have 2 questions: 1. In the moment this system does only authentication. But what I want is that "somewhere in this system" I can define to which of our servers the specific user has access. Clearly, I need information about how to do the authorization. 2. Last night, I fiddled around with authenticating windows clients to kerberos. I used the information in http://sial.org/howto/kerberos/windows/. Well, the authorization works, but after that Windows does not "know" what to do with this user. Are there any tools out there that do that job (like creating a volatile user and giving him some default rights)? Any ideas? Many thanks in advance Didi Dieter Schicker wrote: > Hi, > > I have a LDAP/GSSAPI/Kerberos system up and running. I have 2 questions: > > 1. In the moment this system does only authentication. But what I want > is that "somewhere in this system" I can define to which of our servers > the specific user has access. Clearly, I need information about how to > do the authorization. > > 2. Last night, I fiddled around with authenticating windows clients to > kerberos. I used the information in > http://sial.org/howto/kerberos/windows/. Well, the authorization works, Err. Of course that should read "authentication". Sorry > but after that Windows does not "know" what to do with this user. Are > the...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #3
Thanks for the response. Please see inline... > In Solaris 10, all of the Kerberos services are already bundled, > there is no longer any external packages that need to be added. Right. > Whoever told you 'ksu' was part of the encryption kit was mistaken, > ksu has never been part of SEAM. OK, thanks for that clarification. It was a bit of a surprise to me when I was told it was there. So, does the Solaris 10 SEAM have any functionality similar to ksu, or just the standard su command? > The encryption kit for Solaris 10 enhances the overall crypto > capabilities of the system, the only benefit Kerberos gets is > that it can support AES-256 with the S10 encryption kit. > Without the S10 encryption kit, the strongest AES crypto > available for Kerberos in S10 is AES-128. And this fits more with what I understood, before my co-worker's comments. > On the S10 system, you must make sure to enable the "eklogin" service. > Run this command (as root): > > # svcadm enable eklogin Hmm. That may be a good part of my problem. I added the inetd.conf entry for the old (MIT) eklogin, and ran inetconv. So, this is probably really confusing the system. I'll try to revert that, and do the svcadm. > For Solaris 8 with the SEAM rlogin daemon, make sure your > inetd.conf entries > are correct. We don't actually run SEAM on any Sol8 systems; it's all MIT. > Don't bother with inetd.conf in S10, ...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #4
Thanks. We'll have to keep our eyes open for 5-1.4. Rainer > -----Original Message----- > From: Tom Yu [mailto:tlyu@mit.edu] > Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 11:12 AM > To: Wyllys Ingersoll > Cc: Heilke, Rainer; kerberos@mit.edu > Subject: Re: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos > > > >>>>> "Wyllys" == Wyllys Ingersoll <wyllys.ingersoll@sun.com> writes: > > Wyllys> That's because Solaris 10 'kadmin' uses RPCSEC_GSS and > Wyllys> MIT uses a slightly different RPC protocol. > > [...] > > Wyllys> There have been patches submitted to the MIT codebase to make > Wyllys> it able to support RPCSEC_GSS (and thus interop with > Solaris kadmin), > Wyllys> but Im not sure if those are in the latest release or not. > > RPCSEC_GSS support will be present in krb5-1.4 (currently in beta). I > have done a brief successful interop test against SEAM's kadmin > protocol. Independent confirmation would be useful. > > ---Tom > ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #5
> > Can we force the Sol10 box to only use DES, to be > compatible with the > > Sol8/MIT systems (which is everything but the one Sol10 box)? > > If you are using MIT Kerberos on the Solaris 8 systems (including > pam_krb5 made for MIT, not the one that comes with SEAM), then > you should not worry about the enctypes because MIT already > supports all of the enctypes that S10 supports. > > The only time you need to worry about enctypes is when you > are using pre-S10 systems with SEAM apps. IN that situation, > ONLY the pre-solaris 10 systems need to have the DES keys, > it is perfectly acceptable for the S10 systems to have AES > and S8/S9 to have DES. This should not affect interop if > your keytabs are correctly populated on the pre-S10 boxes. Excellent, thanks. That makes life significantly easier. > earlier comments, > > they already are DES; is that correct? > > > > Not necessarily. If your S8 systems are MIT, then you don't > really need to worry much about the enctype support because > MIT has support for all enctypes (DES through AES-256). Right, as per your comments above. :-) > If you use a 3rd party pam_krb5 library that links with MIT > Kerberos, then you should not have any enctype issues on > Solaris 8. We aren't using any Sol8 SEAM (all MIT, except for the new Sol10 box), using the MIT libs. > You may be seeing problems on your S8 systems because ...

A Query on MIT Kerberos code base and latest RFC on Kerberos ?
Hi All, I have a small query regarding MIT Kerberos and it will be kind if anyone can address it. I wanted to know whether the latest RFC's: RFC 4120 - The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5) RFC 4121 - The Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism: Version 2 ...are already a part of MIT Kerberos code base or is it schedule to be a part for MIT code base ? If so what will be the rough time frame. � Thanks n regards, Prashant ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Help on Unix kerberos client->win2k3 kerberos KDC
Hello, I am a newbie to kerberos authentication, and what I am trying to do is to use a Unix ldap client authenticate to the win2k3 server, and add a user to it. The way I tried to do is by following MIT's tutorial and sample code under www.mit.edu/afs/athena/astaff/project/ ldap/AD99/kerberossamp.txt. and I configured the Unix machine based on Microsoft tutorial http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/kerbsteps.asp =========> I can successfully import a tgt from win2k3 KDC server by running kinit, here is the result: $ kdestroy $ kinitPassword for mwang@SYSTEST.abc.COM: $ klist Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1023 Default principal: mwang@SYSTEST.abc.COM Valid starting Expires Service principal 10/31/03 17:53:08 11/01/03 03:50:48 krbtgt/SYSTEST.abc.COM@SYSTEST.abc.COM renew until 11/01/03 17:53:08 Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt1023 klist: You have no tickets cached ===========> Then I tried to run adduser program, I made a little change to the code to set some default values. Here is the result: (New user account is: nweuser) LDAP service name: ldap@bloomber-vy45cz.systest.abc.com ==> client_establish_context Sending init_sec_context token (size=1254)... 60 82 04 e2 06 09 2a 86 48 86 f7 12 01 02 02 01 00 6e 82 04 d1 30 82 04 cd a0 03 02 01 05 a1 03 02 01 0e a2 07 03 05 00 20 00 00 00 a3 82 04 05 61 82 04 01 30 82 03 fd a0 03 02 01 05 a1 17 1b 15 53 59 53 54 45 53 54 2e 42 4c 4f 4f 4d 42 45 52...

Important Notice Regarding Kerberos 4 Support in MIT Kerberos
This comes from a message distributed to another list but I thought it might be useful here too. On January 27th of this year, the MIT Kerberos Development team announced plans to phase out support for Kerberos 4 in MIT Kerberos, including v4 support in Kerberos for Macintosh and Kerberos for Windows. We strongly recommend that all sites currently using Kerberos 4 migrate their services and users to Kerberos 5 as soon as possible. The MIT Kerberos team is making substantial changes to the client-side initial ticket acquisition support in the next release of Kerberos. These changes will improve the user experience for users who get tickets for multiple realms that do not share keys. Because we are no longer dedicating resources for new Kerberos 4 features, this new code will only support Kerberos 5. As a result, sites using Kerberos 4 will not be able to take advantage of this new feature. In addition, since this feature will be replacing existing code in Kerberos for Macintosh and Kerberos for Windows, the Kerberos 4 user experience on Windows and Mac OS X will be noticeably worse than in previous releases. The first major changes which impact Kerberos 4 support are currently scheduled for krb5-1.5 (May of 2006), Kerberos for Macintosh 6.0 (which will ship with Mac OS X Leopard), and Kerberos for Windows 3.1 (approximately June 2006). We have no plans to remove Kerberos 4 support from earlier major releases of any of our products (ie: krb5 1.4.x, KfM 5.5.x (Tiger) a...

Web resources about - MIT Kerberos interoperability with Windows KDC? - comp.protocols.kerberos

Multilateral Interoperability Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. The Multilateral Interoperability ...

Interoperability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interoperability is the ability of diverse systems and organizations to work together (inter-operate). The term is often used in a technical ...

UNH InterOperability Lab - LinkedIn
... job candidates, industry experts and business partners. The UNH-IOL: Improving Networks Worldwide The University of New Hampshire InterOperability ...

National Interoperability Field Operations Guide on the App Store on iTunes
Get National Interoperability Field Operations Guide on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Bandwidth Engine - Altera Stratix IV GT FPGA Interoperability Demo by MoSys - YouTube
Welcome to video demonstration of interoperability between MoSys' Bandwidth Engine IC and the Altera Stratix IV GT FPGA. In this demonstration, ...

Cisco survey: Users want video calling interoperability
Cisco survey: Users want video calling interoperability PC World Magazine Most U.S. residents want the ability to place video calls to people ...

Philips Hue blocks access to ‘untested’ third-party bulbs due to ‘interoperability issues’
... to the Philips Hue system has blocked access to some third-party bulbs, including GE Link LED (above) and Cree Connected LED , citing ‘interoperability ...

Yahoo Messenger Getting Less Chatty with Loss of Windows Live Interoperability, Phone Calling
... remaining balances. Yahoo said free voice calling from Yahoo messenger user to another will continue to be offered. Yahoo also said that interoperability ...

Chrome Update Ushers In Interoperability With Other Google Apps
... its popular Chrome browser for iOS devices with a number of new features and enhancements. Most importantly, version 28.0.1500.12 brings interoperability ...

Verizon, AT&T pledge Voice Over LTE interoperability coming in 2015
The two largest carriers in the U.S., Verizon and AT&T, both announced on Monday that they plan to allow Voice Over LTE connections between customers ...