Once a week Kerberos failure between IIS6 web server and SQL Server 2000 db server

Hi,

Regularly once a week we get problems with a Kerberos failure on
ouintranet application. Kerberos is set up with Constrained Delegation
and Protocol Transition.

Configuration:
S3

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services,
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13 424 TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1 CD NR 14 688 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (c) Microsoft CD NR 15 412 SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Enterprise (c) Microsoft please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr, zorba@mail.gr ...

MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Ser
MicroSoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 2, AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs], TransTrainer for Designing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Databases v1.1, SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services, (Enterprise), Developer Edition 64 Bit, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! CD NR 4203 MicroSoft SQL Server 2000 4in1 CD NR 9452 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 2 CD NR 11 298 AppDev SQL Server 2000 Accelerated Training [3 CDs] CD NR 12 000 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit CD NR 13...

Once a week kerberos failure between web and db server.
Hi, Once a week to the second we get a Kerberos failure between our web server and db server. This is causing us considerable problems. Everything runs fine the rest of the week. The problem lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes, apparently dependent on the number of users on at the time. The website is running IIS6 on Windows 2003 SP2. The db server is running SQL Server 2000 SP4 on Windows 2003 SP1. The domain controller is running Windows 2003 SP1. We are using constrained delegation and protocol transition. The message on the KDC/DC is (where S03 is the dc, S72 with the web server and S10 is the db server): Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Account Logon Event ID: 673 Date: 06/09/2007 Time: 17:01:56 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: S05010003 Description: Service Ticket Request: User Name: S05010072$@CORP.DNSDOM.NET User Domain: CORP.DNSDOM.NET Service Name: MSSQLSvc/S05010010.corp.dnsdom.net:1433 Service ID: - Ticket Options: 0x40830000 Ticket Encryption Type: - Client Address: 10.1.1.88 Failure Code: 0xB Logon GUID: - Transited Services: - 0xB is the error code for KDC_ERR_NEVER_VALID, but I've checked the times and timezones on the servers and there aren't any differences, certainly not the 5 minutes necessary to cause this message. A second after this message we get a successful ticket issued to the account that sql server runs under: Event Type: Success Audit Event Source: Security Eve...

Server to server = Server client to server?
For a server to server connection, is the connecting server considered as a client of the accepting server or is it not? I have the following classes: Connection <--- base class of the following two ClientConnection <--- client ServerConnection <--- server ServerClientConnection <--- server as a client of another server. But then I came across something that states "A client is anything connected to a server that is not another client". Comments please... Just remember! Server ( programm ) is always listening a connections!!! - wrote: &g...

Kerberos Web Server to file Server
Hello, Is Kerberos delegation needed to write a file from a web app to a file server within the same network? If so, I will be setting up constrained delegation. The problem is what is the service on the file server that I will let the web service be delegated for? ...

Multiples Instance of SQL server 2000/SQL server 7.0 on Windows server 2003
Hi, Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance and SQL server 2000 as a named instance. Thanks for your answer. riless (g.carali@voila.fr) writes: > Is it possible to install on a Windows server 2003, > SQL SERVER 2000 in the folowing configuration : > > SQL server 7.0 as a default Instance > > and > > SQL server 2000 as a named instance. If SQL 7 can be installed on Win2003, yes. But I would not really expect SQL 7 to be welcome on Windows 2003, although I don't...

Can Analysis Server and Report Server run on SQL Server 2000 Cluster
I have installed Analysis Server (AS) and Reporting Services (RS) on SQL Server 2000 before. Now I have been asked to install these on a failover Cluster we have. Previously I just ran the SQL Server 2000 install program off our network disk and then ran the SP4 patch to install AS. When I ran the install and chose AS there was no indication from the software that it recogned that I wanted it to install on a cluster. After it said it successfully installed the SP4 upgrade failed with a buffer overflow problem. Anyone out there know the proper procedure (url)? -- Mark D Powell -- On Aug ...

Windows 2000 Server / IIS / SQL Server 2000
Hi, We are using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed. Can IIS be uninstalled without affecting SQL Server? Thank you! Mike wrote: > Hi, > > We are using SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed. > Can IIS be uninstalled without affecting SQL Server? > > Thank you! Just disable it in the services (unless it's being used for .net etc) ...

SQL Server 7 vs SQL Server 2000
I am looking for some document or resource that shows the difference between SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000. Any information is greatly appreciated. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! On 31 Oct 2003 19:21:09 GMT in comp.databases.ms-sqlserver, Bryan Bitzer <juniper2000@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am looking for some document or resource that shows the difference >between SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000. >Any information is greatly appreciated. Don't know of any documents but you m...

A server for SQL Server
We are considering migrating our Access backend to SQL Server or something similar. I am hearing rumors that our server will have to be a really expensive, beefed-up version. Can anyone shed some light on that? Thanks, Hank Reed No, because it's bogus. You can run SQL Server on some *very* minimal equipment, but remember that you get what you pay for. Running SQL on a under-powered machine works, but you loose time as the employees wait for it to respond. Think of it as owning a high performance car (Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) as your desktop machine. It will seem like q...

Oracle DB to MS Sql Server DB Replication question...via Sql Server Views??
Hi, I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not allowed to configure or change the db). We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to query the Oracle database. With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the delta for subsequent replications? Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! Thanx, Doemon doemon@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I've been asked to look > into replication from Oracle to Sql Server. He's the situation: > We have access to a remote Oracle database, but only read access (not > allowed to configure or change the db). > We own a Sql Server database with Views that use a link server to > query the Oracle database. > > With this setup, is it possible to replicate the Oracle database? Can > we do a replication from the Sql Server with the Views into another > Sql Server database, and if we can, will it be able to only pull the > delta for subsequent replications? > > Any tips and hints would be helpful. Pleeease! > I don't know the answer to the second question, nor your versions, but the first sh...

Exchange Server and Campus Kerberos server ?
Hi - I hope this is the right place to post this query - if not, I apologize. Does anyone have any experience with Exchange Server and Kerberos who might be willing to talk to someone from another University. I have no experience with either kerberos or exchange and would be unable to answer their questions. If you are interested, please contact BK directly. Thanks, Kirky --------- attached email ---------- Kirky - I've been contacted my a Director of Network Security at a Mid-Atlantic-based University who is looking to speak with a peer that has experience syncing up an Exchange server to a campus-wide Kerberos server. Do you think the folks on IT Partners would know themselves or of someone who migh have such experience? Feel free to have them contact me directly. Best Regards, B.K. DeLong Dir. of Partner Member Services & Research Institute for Applied Network Security 15 Court Square, Suite 1100 Boston, MA 02108 617.399.8100 617.399.8101 facsimile www.ianetsec.com[1] Links: ------ [1] http://www.ianetsec.com/ ----- End forwarded message ----- ...

Explicitly fail a SQL Server Job in SQL Server 2000
I have a SQL Server job, which runs mutiple steps. One of the steps (step 3) looks for a record in the database. How can I explicitly fail the SQL server job if the database record does not exist? You can use RAISERROR with a severity level of 11 or higher to indicate failure. Simon Thanks Simon. That worked. ...

SQL Server 2000 standard on Windows 2000 Advanced Server
What is the limitation of memory that SQL Server 2000 Standard can use when running on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server platform? barbd@infocision.com (Barb) wrote in message news:<c0281467.0401290832.3d8ebcb2@posting.google.com>... > What is the limitation of memory that SQL Server 2000 Standard can use > when running on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server platform? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274750&Product=sql2k Simon ...

SQL Server 2000 SQL Agent Error [393] Waiting for SQL Server to recover databases
While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job has not ran. The error log for the SQL Agents has the message listed in the subject line. I have not found any useful articles on the MS SQL Server site. Anyone know what might be wrong and how to fix it. HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > While I was out of the office the Lan Team moved one of my SQL Server > 2000 servers to a new network domain. Since then the maintenance job > has not ran. > &...

Java Web Server 6.1 & Pooled SQL Server 2000 JDBC Connections
If anyone can shed some light on this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I am unsuccessfully trying to use a database connnection retrieved from a pool configured using Java System Web Server 6.1 with the SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver. The background: 1. I have downloaded the SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver and installed it on the web server. 2. I used the Administration GUI to add the .jars(namely msbase.jar, msutil.jar, and mssqlserver.jar), to the classpath. 3. Upon creating a simple JSP to access connection metadata using the direct connect method, ie., Class.forName( com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver); Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection( "jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:// .... I am shown a successful output of... JDBC Test Registering JDBC Driver driverClass: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver loaded and registered. Driver Information Driver Name: SQLServer Driver Version: 2.2.0037 Database Information Database Name: Microsoft SQL Server Database Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17 2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: ) Avalilable Catalogs catalog: master catalog: msdb catalog: Northwind catalog: pubs catalog: tempdb 4. This tells me that the web server has access to the files necessary and the classpath is configured correctly. Now the fun begins... In order to set up the JDBC Connection Pool I hav...

Sql Server 2000 linked server to Access 97/2000 incompatability
We are experiencing a problem with Sql Server 2000 linking to an Access 97 file. We have two machines that link to this .mdb file, and we recently upgraded one to newer hardware, SP3a, MDAC 2.8, etc. The link on this upgraded machine no longer works, giving this message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize r...

Linked Servers, 32bit SQL Server 2000 and P.SQL V9
I would like to set up a Linked Server in my SQL Server to access an accounting database running in P.SQL V9. Reading over the posts here I conclude that the KB articles on the Pervasive site are outdated, and that the OLE DB driver should work these days. Is this correct? I hope it is, because the tables I need to access are very large and indexes are an absolute requirement (in fact, it's the ODBC performance problem I'm trying to fix). If the OLE DB provider does work, can anyone offer guidance on the setup? It _appears_ that the various input boxes in the Linked Server s...

Restore SQL Server 6.5 database in SQL Server 2000
Hi, Do you know if it is possible to restore database (backup) from SQL Server 6.5 in SQL Server 2000? Best Regards, Wojtek -- (Remove bez.syfu get my e-mail address) ...

SQL Server 2000 Failover Cluster upgrade to SQL Server 2005
I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) to SQL Severer 2005 EE 32 bit and while the prereqs passed the installer will not let me select the version 8.00.x (2000 SP4) database that it finds on the server. When I ckeck the install details it tells me that "Your upgrade is blocked becuase of cluster upgrade rules" I have tried searching the MS site but none of the entries I found appear to apply. Any ideas? -- Mark D Powell -- Mark D Powell (Mark.Powell@eds.com) writes: > I attempted to upgrade my SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition (32 bit) > to ...

Java Web Server 6.1 & Pooled SQL Server 2000 JDBC Connections
If anyone can shed some light on this problem I would greatly appreciate it. I am unsuccessfully trying to use a database connnection retrieved from a pool configured using Java System Web Server 6.1 with the SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver. The background: 1. I have downloaded the SQL Server 2000 JDBC Driver and installed it on the web server. 2. I used the Administration GUI to add the .jars(namely msbase.jar, msutil.jar, and mssqlserver.jar), to the classpath. 3. Upon creating a simple JSP to access connection metadata using the direct connect method, ie., Class.forName( com.m...

Matlab web server and Windows 2000 Server
Hi My matlab web server refuses to work under windows 2000 server. On my XP machine, everything works right, and I have exactly the same setup on my windows 2000 Server. But when the server tries to access the cgi executable matweb.exe, it says "file not found". I have two machiens, with the exact same setup, and one of them doesnt work. That makes me think that Windows 2000 Server is not capable of running the matlab web server for some reason. Has anyone experienced the same thing? BJ ...

Linked Server Limit in SQL Server 2000
I am about to start working on a project where I would be required to dynamically create linked servers during the execution of an application. One of the requirements is for the Link Servers to be created and dropped before and after the retrieval of the data. My question is about any type of cap on the number of linked servers SQL Server 2000 can have registered at any single time. If I find out that there is some type of cap, I would need to look into another way to deal with my linked server needs. Thanks for any help/information you might be able to provide. TBlair (tblair23221@yahoo.co...

MS Access, SQL Server, Web server
Scenario -------- I am planning to write an application using MS Access as front-end. User enters records (mostly 15 records or less per user per day) into an Access database. Having done that, users click a button to transfer these records to a web server hosting an SQL Server database (set up by a service provider). Each record represents a job; provider will update its status when a job is done. At the end of day, user will open up the database to enquire the records status, which will be retrieved from the web server (through HTTP protocol) A service provider will probably have 200...

Web resources about - Once a week Kerberos failure between IIS6 web server and SQL Server 2000 db server - comp.protocols.kerberos

Kerberos (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MIT developed Kerberos to protect network services provided by Project Athena . The protocol is based on the earlier Needham-Schroeder Symmetric ...

Trekkies miss out after push to name Pluto moon 'Vulcan' fails; Kerberos and Styx chosen instead
BAD news, 'Star Trek' fans: Pluto's fourth and fifth moons have been named Kerberos and Styx, despite 'Vulcan' being the top suggestion.

Meet Pluto's smallest moons: Kerberos and Styx
Pluto's two smallest known moons have been officially named after characters associated with the underworld of Greek and Roman mythology.

Pluto's moons named Styx and Kerberos, despite vote for Vulcan
... Astronomical Union vetoed a public vote to name one of Pluto's two most recently discovered moons Vulcan and named the moons Styx and Kerberos. ...

Meet Styx and Kerberos, Pluto's newly named moons
... of new moons orbiting Pluto (at SETI's behest), it decided to do some planetoid naming, too. Today, SETI announced those names: Styx and Kerberos. ...

Microsoft Issues Emergency Patch for Kerberos Bug
The vulnerability could enable an attacker to elevate privileges. Microsoft recommends that organizations consider rebuilding their Windows domains. ...

Kerberos Productions Offers Expertise to President on the Weaponization of Outer Space
... game violence to the President and Vice-President of the United States, Sword of the Stars 1 & 2, Fort Zombie, and NorthStar developer Kerberos ...

The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx, respectively.
The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx , respectively. The Earth's moon is still named fucking "Aiden." ...

Poll For Pluto's Moons Closes, Vulcan and Kerberos Win - Geekosystem
First the SETI Institute put it up for vote, then the geeks and nerds swarmed the Internet, and now it's as certain as it can be before the International ...

Kerberos unleashed at last: Pluto’s dog-bone moon poses another mystery
NASA’s New Horizons probe has finally filled out its family portrait of Pluto and its moons – and Kerberos, the last moon to get its closeup, ...