RE: Server not found in Kerberos database error on ldapsearch #3

Ok, I got it now! I set up the AD server to run as ad.example.com and
replaced the ip's in my krb5.conf with dns names and now it works! Thank you
very much for your help. Still, if you have any howto on this topic (AD and
UNIX), I would apreciate if you could send me a link to it.
Evgeniy Zhaovsky (aka Jeck)

-----------------

Evgeniy Zharovsky

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet
Ref. IIIA5 (Sicherheitstechnik und Verzeichnisdienste)
Martiusstr. 4 / 207
80539 Muenchen

email  mailto:evgeniy.zharovsky@verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de

RE: Server not found in Kerberos database error on ldapsearch
> You should not need these. Ok. > Some things to try: > > Wireshare or other trace program to see DNS and Kerberos requests. > This should show name of the "Server not found in Kerberos database" I captured the request dialog with wireshark and got this (the things I think are important): MSG Type: KRB-ERROR Error_code: KRB5KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN (7) Realm: EXAMPLE.COM Server Name (Unknown): krbtgt/COM Name-type: Unknown (0) Name: krbtgt Name: COM I guess that indicates an error in my krbtgt setup. But where should I search for it and what does the right setup look like? > On the unix side, do you have a /etc/krb5.conf or /etc/krb5.conf? > Is the default realm (in uppercase) the same as the AD domain name? > if not, you may need a krb5.conf, or the -R option on ldapsearch. Yes, I do have a krb5.conf on the unix side. Here it is: [libdefaults] default_realm=EXAMPLE.COM dns_lookup_realm = false dns_lookup_kdc = false # default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc # default_tgs_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc kdc_timesync = 1 ccache_type = 4 forwardable = true proxiable = true # v4_instance_resolve = false # v4_name_convert = { [realms] EXAMPLE.COM = { kdc = 192.168.10.4:88 admin_server = 192.168.10.4:749 } [domain_realm] .example.com = EXAMPLE.COM As you can see, it is a setup for some tests... ----------------- ...

RE: Server not found in Kerberos database error on ldapsearch #2
I don't know, if I got you right (I'm not quite good in networks and especially AD; thats a new thing for me, so I'm a noob) So I just ask again: Douglas E. Engert wrote > > I captured the request dialog with wireshark and got this > (the things I think > > are important): > > > > MSG Type: KRB-ERROR > > Error_code: KRB5KDC_ERR_S_PRINCIPAL_UNKNOWN (7) > > Realm: EXAMPLE.COM > > Server Name (Unknown): krbtgt/COM > > Name-type: Unknown (0) > > Name: krbtgt > > Name: COM > > This looks like cross realm, where the client is working its > way up the realm > tree to get the the realm of the server, say AD.DOMAIN.COM. > Client is using TGT > from EXAMPLE.COM to get TGT for realm COM (which does not > exist) If it did, it > would then try and get a TGT from COM for DOMAIN.COM, then > get one from > AD.DOMAIN.COM and the get service ticket from AD.DOMAIN.COM. > > I thought you where trying to use Active Directory, and the > domain name > was something like ad.domain.com. So why does you unix system have > a realm named EXAMPLE.COM? Have you setup cross realm trust > between them? > > If you are not using cross-real, then you should be using the > AD domain name as > the realm name. It should have a realm named AD.DOMAIN.COM. > Either the user and server must be in the same realm, or you > need cross realm > trust. The domai...

Server not found in Kerberos database error on ldapsearch
Good afternoon! I have the following problem: I need to connect securely to a AD and search it via ldapsearch. When I try to do so the "Server not found in Kerberos database" error appears. I'm not quite sure, why. I have extracted a keytab of the AD and kinit seems to work fine for the same user as I want to use with ldapsearch. The hosts-files are set up correctly (a ping on DNS-names looks fine). There is nothing that indicates an error in the AD-logs (only successful logons). Could anyone give me a hint, why I get this reaction? -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Server-not-found-in-Kerberos-database-error-on-ldapsearch-tf4777894.html#a13667697 Sent from the Kerberos - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com. ...

Error: Server not found in Kerberos database
Hello, I want to enable someone the access to my account by using the .k5login file. I did all necessary things and immediatly started off by trying: shell% ksu toka Nevertheless I wasn't able to get toka's ID but /home/toka contains the ..k5login file with my principal. Furthermore there's the following error message: ksu: Server not found in Kerberos database while geting credentials from kdc Authentication failed. ^ typo in krb5 I looked for solutions on google and discovered the url http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/UserInfo/Resources/Software/kerberos/ troubleshooting.html#misc_2 which describes the issue. My /etc/hosts file is fully qualified (including its entries) and the hostnames are correctly mapped to the IPs and vice versa. So where could the source of failure be located? Thanks in advance - Marcel Karras ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Contact: toka@freebits.de karma@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de http://www.freebits.de http://www.tu-chemnitz.de Unix, Linux && OpenSource Student of Chemnitz University of Technology ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Server not found in Kerberos database #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010801060200000807020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit hello list, we want to use kerberos for authentication and to secure connections for telnet sessions. so i installed kerberos v5 for the debian system via apt-get and did the configuration. attached are the configs for this system. kinit works for a user, but the start of a telnet session is refused with the message "Authentication failed". i used the command "kinit stefan" and "telnet.krb5 -a -F vxr-r.imos.net." "vxr-r.imos.net" is the cisco router i want to connect to. when i look into the logs i see the following messages: Nov 11 09:49:28 alpha krb5kdc[8745](info): AS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 192.168.3.3(16417): NEEDED_PREAUTH: stefan@IMOS.NET for krbtgt/IMOS.NET@IMOS.NET, Additional pre-authentication required Nov 11 09:49:30 alpha krb5kdc[8745](info): AS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 192.168.3.3(16417): ISSUE: authtime 1100162970, etypes {rep=1 tkt=16 ses=1}, stefan@IMOS.NET for krbtgt/IMOS.NET@IMOS.NET Nov 11 09:49:33 alpha krb5kdc[8745](info): TGS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 192.168.3.3(16417): UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1100162970, stefan@IMOS.NET for host/vxr-r.imos.net@IMOS.NET, Server not found in Kerberos database Nov 11 09:49:33 alpha krb5kdc[8745](info): TGS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 192.168.3.3(16417): UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1100162970, stefan@IMOS.NET for host/vxr...

newbie: error getting credentials: Server not found in Kerberos database
Hi! I never found the time to deal intensively with kerberos so please indulge me if this is ought to be a stupid question: kinit works. krsh does not: krsh server error getting credentials: Server not found in Kerberos database trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin) So, this is what I did so far: server: /etc/krb5.conf: [libdefaults] default_realm = LOCALDOMAIN [realms] LOCALDOMAIN = { kdc = server.localdomain:88 admin_server = server.localdomain:750 } [domain_realm] .localdomain = LOCALDOMAIN localdomain = LOCALDOMAIN [logging] kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmin.log default = FILE:/var/log/krb5lib.log /etc/hosts: 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.0.2 server server.localdomain real hostname is actually *not* "server"! kadmin.local: addprinc foo client: /etc/krb5.conf [libdefaults] ticket_lifetime = 600 default_realm = LOCALDOMAIN default_tkt_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc default_tgs_enctypes = des3-hmac-sha1 des-cbc-crc [realms] LOCALDOMAIN = { kdc = server.localdomain:88 admin_server = server.localdomain:750 } [domain_realm] .localdomain = LOCALDOMAIN localdomain = LOCALDOMAIN [kdc] profile = /etc/krb5kdc/kdc.conf [logging] kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmin.log default = FI...

AD Server returning server not found kerberos database
Hi all, I am using MIT Kerberos to mutually authenticate with other user (Kerberos Server: AD Server), It is working fine with my newly installed active directory .But when I try to work with my Company AD Server to get service ticket for particular user I am getting "Server not found in Kerberos Database", But that user is there in AD . any option can change to get it work . I want to to know which option in ad makes mutual authentication between user and user makes fail. Do I need to use setspn to add service principle?? Please help me Regards, Eswar S **************************************************************************** *********** This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it! ...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos #3
Thanks for the response. Please see inline... > In Solaris 10, all of the Kerberos services are already bundled, > there is no longer any external packages that need to be added. Right. > Whoever told you 'ksu' was part of the encryption kit was mistaken, > ksu has never been part of SEAM. OK, thanks for that clarification. It was a bit of a surprise to me when I was told it was there. So, does the Solaris 10 SEAM have any functionality similar to ksu, or just the standard su command? > The encryption kit for Solaris 10 enhances the overall crypto > capabilities of the system, the only benefit Kerberos gets is > that it can support AES-256 with the S10 encryption kit. > Without the S10 encryption kit, the strongest AES crypto > available for Kerberos in S10 is AES-128. And this fits more with what I understood, before my co-worker's comments. > On the S10 system, you must make sure to enable the "eklogin" service. > Run this command (as root): > > # svcadm enable eklogin Hmm. That may be a good part of my problem. I added the inetd.conf entry for the old (MIT) eklogin, and ran inetconv. So, this is probably really confusing the system. I'll try to revert that, and do the svcadm. > For Solaris 8 with the SEAM rlogin daemon, make sure your > inetd.conf entries > are correct. We don't actually run SEAM on any Sol8 systems; it's all MIT. > Don't bother with inetd.conf in S10, ...

Server not found in Kerberos database #2
Hi, I'm a Java developer and new to Kerberos. We have a Java application that needs to be authenticated against Kerberos Active Directory. For testing purpose, we have Active Directory installed on a Win 2k server. Then, the Kerberos was turned on by a co-worker, who doesn't know much about Kerberos either. Without any manual about Active Directory, he did that based on his best judgement. Here are the basic setting information: (01) The Win2k server has FQDN: devtest.mycompany.com. (02) C:\WINNT\krb5.ini file looks like: [libdefaults] default_realm = DEVTEST.COM [realms] DEVTEST.COM = { kdc = <IP address of the Win2k server> } (03) The AD is listening on port 389 (default for LDAP server), and KDC listens on port 88. When a user logs in with Java code, apparently the user can log in successfully and get ticket from Kerberos AD. However, whenever the code tries to instantiate InitialDirContext (an Object in Java that would capture the environment context), an error would be thrown claiming that "Server not found in Kerberos database". I can't find problem in the Java code and suspect the error may be related with our Kerberos setting. I wonder what exactly the error message means in Kerberos arena. How can I verify that the Kerberos is correctly set? Also, you may notice that the Kerberos realm (DEVTEST.COM) is not the same as the machine's FQDN (devtest.mycompany.com). I wonder if that makes any difference. Our code-...

Server not found in Kerberos Database #4
Hi all, When do we get the error as "Server not found in Kerberos Database"? I have a KDC on Win2003 and a client which is a Linux (redhat) is trying to authenticate the users from this Active directory, which is on the win 2003 machine. I observed that in case we specify the wrong user name (which does not exist on the AD server) at the time of kinit command on Linux machine we get the error as "Client not found in Kerberos database". What is this server which is not found when I am trying to join the redhat client machine to the AD server? Thanks in advance for all the help Regards, Sayali --------------------------------- All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos > Hi all, > When do we get the error as "Server not found in Kerberos Database"? > I have a KDC on Win2003 and a client which is a Linux (redhat) is trying to authenticate the users from this Active directory, which is on the win 2003 machine. > I observed that in case we specify the wrong user name (which does not exist on the AD server) at the time of kinit command on Linux machine we get the error as "Client not found in Kerberos database". > What is this server which is not found when I am trying to j...

UNKNOWN_SERVER
As always with things like this, it's hard to determine whether to send this here or to openafs-info. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? This is what krb5kdc logged when I logged into 129.83.11.213. -- sshd + UsePAM -- pam_krb5.so (RHELv4) -- pam_afs_session.so (PAM session module which uses aklog to get tokens from a K5 ticket). Apr 18 16:46:07 silmaril.foo.com krb5kdc[26891](info): TGS_REQ (1 etypes {3}) 129.83.11.213: UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1176929167, jblaine@rcf.foo.com for afs/rcf.foo.com@rcf.foo.com, Server not found in Kerberos database Apr 18 16:46:07 silmaril.foo.com krb5kdc[26891](info): TGS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 129.83.11.213: UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1176929167, jblaine@rcf.foo.com for afs/rcf.foo.com@rcf.foo.com, Server not found in Kerberos database Apr 18 16:46:07 silmaril.foo.com krb5kdc[26891](info): TGS_REQ (1 etypes {1}) 129.83.11.213: ISSUE: authtime 1176929167, etypes {rep=16 tkt=1 ses=1}, jblaine@rcf.foo.com for afs@rcf.foo.com ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> writes: > Can anyone tell me what is going on here? This is what > krb5kdc logged when I logged into 129.83.11.213. > -- sshd + UsePAM > -- pam_krb5.so (RHELv4) > -- pam_afs_session.so (PAM session module which uses aklog to > get tokens from a K5 ticket). > Apr 18 16:46:07 silmaril.foo.com kr...

Client not found in Kerberos database #3
Hi, I have an Intel xseve 10.4.9 server bound to AD and also have OD configured on the same server for Mac management. Other services running are AFP and WINDOWS. I will also be using the same server as a file server for both Mac and Windows. Below are my issues. When the WINDOWS service starts on our Intel Xserve with 10.4.9 installed I receive the below error message. I have tested single sign on "SSO" from Mac and Windows systems and everything seems to work, but am concerned that this error may cause an issue at a later date. I also have an issue with windows users suddenly not being able to connect to a share on the Intel Xserve via SMB which is strange as the same user on a Mac could still connect via AFP or SMB a restart of the WINDOWS service seems to clear this problem, not sure if this is related to the below error but it's a real issue and seems to be very random. When this happen I seem to receive "broken pipe" errors in the "smbd.conf" log. I checked the "secrets.tdb" and found that this did not have the "\00" on the end of the "SECRETS/MACHINE_PASSWORD/", so I ran the script at "afp548" site under forum "10.4.8 Intel - AD, Samba kerberos machine password" which added the "\00". The strange thing is that all seemed to still work even thought the "secrets.tdb" was not correct, perhaps this could be the cause of the SMB dropouts? Below is from the SMBD.LOG...

Microsoft SSPI error
Hello, I have configuration of active directory 2003 r2 sp3 working with linux mod_auth_kerb. I use SPNEGO for subversion. When using Linux all work great! When using Windows XP(and Windows 7) Firefox/IE/cifs client work great. Problem is subversion which uses neon, it get the following: --- Running post_send hooks ah_post_send (#1), code is 201 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is Negotiate oYGfMIG coAMKAQChCwYJKoZIhvcSAQICooGHBIGEYIGBBgkqhkiG9xIBAgICAG9yMHCgAwIBBaEDAgEPomQwYqA DAgEXolsEWTLvPLmZvxBgaMEmPDDTIeG9bdJ5rmfTEtsj6Cv9eF9s9Z8sBWhVhPXYzIVsm/sw0hqR+1u DM9frpOeV2Y0YGtDk2flN5iOM/HdEujj0GXAYEWHvPp/3kSc2 auth: SSPI challenge. InitializeSecurityContext [fail] [80090304]. sspi: initializeSecurityContext [failed] [80090304]. --- At windows event log I see the following: --- Event Type: Warning Event Source: LSASRV Event Category: SPNEGO (Negotiator) Event ID: 40962 Date: 10/3/2011 Time: 3:55:38 PM User: N/A Computer: VALON Description: The Security System was unable to authenticate to the server HTTP/correlux-gentoo.correlsense.com because the server has completed the authentication, but the client authentication protocol Kerberos has not. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. --- Had anyone seen this before? I tried many configurations, but without success: --- Gentoo --- dev-libs/openssl-1.0.0e -> also downgraded to openssl-0.9.8f www-servers/apache-2.2.21 www-apache/mod_auth_kerb-5.4 -> also downgraded to m...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
<laugh> Yup, I learned (the hard way!) to always stay logged in to a console session as root. R > Make sure you have a root window open before testing PAM. I > stumbled on > this when I tried to su and my test pam exit failed! ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

Newbie: "Server not found in Kerberos database"
I am still in 'toy installation mode'. I have set up a KDC on a Linux machine, call it kervara.mygroup.org I have successfully set things up to the point that I can kinit from various clients. I have also set up OpenSSH 3.9p1 to use GSSAPI authentication. When I am logged into kervara, and have a valid TGT from this realm, I can successfully ssh into kervara.mygroup.org without a password; the keytab contains entries for the host/kervara.mygroup.org principal. This is the way things are supposed to work. Life is good. The problem comes when I attempt to do the same thing with the same version of OpenSSH built with the same options on a Solaris machine. In that case, the server logs a "Server not found in Kerberos database" message and gives up. I have looked at all the obvious candidates (wrong DNS entry, disagreement as to host name in /etc/hosts and DNS, etc) and come up empty. Unfortunately, the log messages do not tell me _what_ principal it was trying to find in krb5.keytab (I assume that this is where the mismatch or missing entry is). Is there a way to squeeze more diagnostic information? Or does this sound like a familiar problem? In article <d17eap$ejf$1@panix5.panix.com>, urban@panix.com (Michael Urban) wrote: .... > The problem comes when I attempt to do the same thing with the same > version of OpenSSH built with the same options on a Solaris machine. > In that case, the server logs a "Server not found in Kerberos ...

Server not found in Kerberos database while getting a service url ticket
hello, I have added to my kerberos database the following principal: "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/test" . (It' s in a url format instead of being in the format: service/host@REALM.) So, the thing is that I would like to acquire a service ticket for that principal. To request a service ticket I am using gss api and follow the next steps: class KrbClient{ main(){ ..... //I have acquired the credentials from the ticket cache .... PrincipalName serviceName = new PrincipalName("http://localhost:8080/axis/services/test"); // create the tgs_req to ask for service tickets sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsReq tgs_req = new sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsReq(credentials, serviceName); tgs_req.send(); // get tgs_rep KrbTgsRep tgs_rep = tgs_req.getReply(); } } and it gets the folllowing error: KrbException: Server not found in Kerberos database (7) at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsRep.<init>(KrbTgsRep.java:67) at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsReq.getReply(KrbTgsReq.java:235) at KrbClient.requestServiceTicket(KrbClient.java:142) at KrbClient.main(KrbClient.java:39) Caused by: KrbException: Identifier doesn't match expected value (906) at sun.security.krb5.internal.KDCRep.init(KDCRep.java:134) at sun.security.krb5.internal.TGSRep.init(TGSRep.java:59) at sun.security.krb5.internal.TGSRep.<init>(TGSRep.java:54) at sun.security.krb5.KrbTgsRep.<init>(KrbTgsRep.java:50) ... 3 more >From the debugging of gss api: >>>KRBError: sTime is Mon ...

OS 10.3.3 SERVER AND KERBEROS?
Is anyone having problems making AFP work with Open Directory and Kerberos? ...

Connecting to Exchange server: "Kerberos error: No credentials cache found"
I wonder if anyone has any ideas for figuring out what's causing the error message in the subject and how to get past it. Some details: 1. Connecting to an Exchange server, IMAP, ssl; my inbox-path looks like exchange.server/user=username/ssl/novalidate-cert 2. OS X 10.5 3. Same message occurs in PINE 4.64 and Alpine 2.00 4. I tried building Alpine with --no-krb5 and the message persists. I've used PINE for a long (long long) time and have a "when they pry it from my cold dead fingers" relationship with it. We just had a migration here from a groupwise server to this...

Subject: Help needed on "Server not found in Kerberos Database" while using "mod_auth_kerb+Apache"
Hi, My Kerberos Setup is as follows- Kerberos v5 Server- example.domain.com (Linux Box) Kerberos Realm- EXAMPLE.COM Registered User on Kerberos realm- test@EXAMPLE.COM Apache Server(with mod_auth_kerb) can be accessed as: http://apache.domain.com (Linux Box) Now I have added a principal name- HTTP/apache.domain.com@EXAMPLE.COM using the addprinc command. I have generated a keytab file for this principal (using ktadd) and then transferred it to the Apache Server(apache.domain.com). I have pointed to this keytab file in ..htaccess file. Now when I try to access APACHE.DOMAIN.COM:80 through a browser(IE) running on my desktop say CLIENT1.DOMAIN.COM, and give the proper user credentials...it doesnt authenticate. When I look this up in the Kerberos log file (krb5kdc.log) it gives the following messages...for the event- Jul 08 18:52:34 example.domain.com krb5kdc[9797](info): AS_REQ (6 etypes {18 16 23 1 3 2}) 192.168.200.27: ISSUE: authtime 1089292954, etypes {rep=16 tkt=16 ses=16}, test@EXAMPLE.COM for krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM@EXAMPLE.COM Jul 08 18:52:34 example.domain.com krb5kdc[9797](info): TGS_REQ (6 etypes {18 16 23 1 3 2}) 192.168.200.27: UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1089292954, test@EXAMPLE.COM for krbtgt/REALM1.COM@EXAMPLE.COM, Server not found in Kerberos database Jul 08 18:52:34 example.domain.com krb5kdc[9797](info): TGS_REQ (6 etypes {18 16 23 1 3 2}) 192.168.200.27: UNKNOWN_SERVER: authtime 1089292954, test@EXAMPLE.COM for krbtgt/COM@EXAMPLE.COM, Server not found i...

OS X 10.3.3 SERVER AND KERBEROS
Is anyone having problems making AFP work with Open Directory and Kerberos? ...

RE: Kerberos error
Can you explain a little more about your setup? It sounds like you have a machine named FIRM joined to a domain named firm.com. Is that correct? Is it possible that the FIRM$ account has had its password reset through administrative means? --- This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This message may originate from an unmonitored alias ("davespam") for spam-reduction purposes. Use "davidchr" for individual replies. Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily constitute those of my employer. This message originates in the State of Washington (USA), where unsolicited commercial email is legally actionable (see http://www.wa.gov/ago/junkemail). Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (including "spam") is prohibited unless by my expressed prior request. I retaliate viciously against spammers and spam sites. > -----Original Message----- > From: kerberos-bounces@mit.edu > [mailto:kerberos-bounces@mit.edu] On Behalf Of Renzi, Gary > Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 12:50 PM > To: kerberos@mit.edu > Subject: Kerberos error > > I am a MCSE at CTA in Honolulu Hawaii. I have run into this > message and > error , have search and search for a resolution, have yet to find any > reference to the error or anyone at Microsoft that can help me. After > reading your article " Kerberos: The Network Authentication > Proto...

kerberos error #3
Hi I am working on the AD (Windows 2008 R2==> DC1/DC2) with Linux clients (Redhat 5.5) integration using LDAP and kerberos. Everything works fine except one issue. When I change the password while DC1 is down, I am geting the following error. Does anyone come across this issue? Nov 11 12:41:23 broadlab54 passwd: pam_krb5[5475]: password change failed for test@KCLAB.COM: Requested protocol version not supported and gets following error in the command prompt but I can login using the new password. Password: Authentication token manipulation error Thanks, Moorthi ...

RE: [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: Serialize wxList - Found word(s) list error in the Text body
Hi Jorgen your approach is modelled along the MFC serialization idea, the approach = I mentioned is based on the XTI metadata provided for an object. So the = streaming itself is not coded anymore, but the metadata for a new class = is. The streaming process now iterates over the attributes, processes = callbacks that avoid streaming out undesired attributes (eg x and y in a = sizer dialog), suppresses default values etc. This also means that the = streaming in survives missing attributes, as long as they are either not = mandatory params for ::Create or have a default value. B...

RE: MIT Kerberos and Solaris 10 Kerberos
Greetings, and thanks for the response. > > We run a number of Solaris 8 systems using Sun's SEAM PAM > implementation > > and MIT's Kerberos (which we're up to date on). We are > starting to look > > at Solaris 10, and are hoping to move towards Sun's > implementation of > > Kerberos. We are having a bit of trouble getting the two to talk > > properly, however. > > I'm confused - you cannot use the Solaris pam_krb5 with MIT Kerberos. > It is linked directly with the Solaris Kerberos libraries (private). I am trying to get the Solaris Kerberos (SEAM) on the Sol 10 system to talk to the MIT Kerberos on the KDC and other Solaris 8/MIT systems. > Solaris 10 Kerberos interops very well with MIT, Heimdal, and > Microsoft. > It has support for all of the enctypes (AES, RC4, 3DES, DES) finally. But I can't seem to get it to work. > > If we SSH (from production to test, for example) to a > Solaris 8 machine, > > then we can rlogin (Kerberized) to the Solaris 10 machine and, from > > there, rlogin to a Sol8 machine again. If, however, we SSH > directly to > > the Solaris 10 machine, we cannot rlogin to a Solaris 8 > machine. Doing > > various experiments (for example, trying to ksu on the Sol > 10 machine), > > the only error we ever get is: > > > > ksu > > WARNING: Your password may be exposed if you enter it here and are &g...

Web resources about - RE: Server not found in Kerberos database error on ldapsearch #3 - comp.protocols.kerberos

APPLE-SA-2013-10-22-3 OS X Mavericks v10.9

Servers - Datamation
News and analysis of IT management topics related to Servers

Delicious - Discover Yourself!
Keep, share, and discover the best of the Web using Delicious, the world's leading social bookmarking service.

apps - Splunk Blogs
Splunk.com Documentation Apps Answers Wiki .conf2015 Blogs Developers Blogs : apps Building Splunk Solutions Splunk is delighted to announce ...

VCSA - virtuallyGhetto
Here is a consolidated page on all the articles I have written about the VCSA (vCenter Server Appliance). Hopefully this will be useful when ...

Latest entries - Tag CA
Latest entries for the tag CA

Samba - Release Notes Archive
The Samba Team is proud to announce the availability of thefirst official, stable release of the Samba 3.0.0 code base. The source code can be ...

Tips & Tricks - Splunk Blogs
Splunk.com Documentation Apps Answers Wiki Blogs Developers Blogs : Tips & Tricks Universal Forwarders and the Splunk App for Active Directory ...

microsoft - Splunk Blogs
Splunk.com Documentation Apps Answers Wiki Blogs Developers Blogs : microsoft Universal Forwarders and the Splunk App for Active Directory About ...