Updated Kerberos Extras for Mac OS X is released

tlyu (271)

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

Mac OS X Kerberos
Is there anywhere a guide how to work with the Mac GSS Framework ? There are many functions marked as deprecated, but I could not find any instruction how to replace them. Example: error: 'krb5_init_context' is deprecated: use GSS.framework [-Werror,-Wdeprecated-declarations] code = krb5_init_context(&kcontext); ^ Thank you markus ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Added hand cursor panning [AM]. Added autocomplete for most fields [NRi]. Added support for user defaults ("Remember Settings" menu command, command line arguments to GUI) [JSc, RPa]. Fixed click on popup menu unexpectedly selecting "..." [AM]. Fixed small zooms sometimes preventing full scrolling [DJu]. Fixed allowing fonts starting with "." to be selected [NRi]. Fixed transparent backgrounds rendering opaque in bitmap output. Fixed width or height > 32767 pixels unexpectedly cropping bitmap output [AM]. Improved toolbar interaction. Improved settings descriptions and tooltips. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Kerberos in Mac OS X 10.4?
I just upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4, and have been having problems with its implementation of Kerberos. In OS 10.3, I could access my mail on MIT's POP server using Kerberized POP. Now, in 10.4, whenever I try to access it, I get an error in the Console: "krb_sendauth() failed: error code 255". When I run the Kerberos app hidden in the System directory, I see that while on 10.3 my tickets were listed as "v4/v5", in 10.4 I only see "v5". Could this be why my email isn't working? If so, how do I convince 10.4's Kerberos to get v4 tickets? If not, any idea what the problem actually is? I have a support request in with Apple about this, but I doubt they'll get to it for a while. Also, I'm not on this list, so if you could include me in your replies, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Alex Valys ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Kerberos, external-keyx authentication, Mac OS X
Hello: I am trying to build OpenSSH with Kerberos support on my iBook and having a lot of trouble. The configure script lists --with-kerberos5 option and if I compile with this, the libraries are found and I get this at the end of configure OpenSSH has been configured with the following options: User binaries: /usr/bin System binaries: /usr/sbin Configuration files: /usr/etc Askpass program: /usr/libexec/ssh-askpass Manual pages: /usr/share/man/manX PID file: /var/run Privilege separation chroot path: /var/empty sshd default user PATH: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin Manpage format: doc PAM support: no OSF SIA support: no KerberosV support: yes SELinux support: no Smartcard support: no S/KEY support: no TCP Wrappers support: no MD5 password support: no libedit support: no Solaris process contract support: no IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no Translate v4 in v6 hack: no BSD Auth support: no Random number source: OpenSSL internal ONLY Host: powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0 Compiler: gcc Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized - Wsign-compare Preprocessor flags: -I/usr/in...

Kerberos & Mac OS X login authentication
Mr. Ling, et all, My name is Kraig Schmidt, and I am a member of the Computer Technology staff at the University of Virginia School of Architecture. In our attempt to implement improved security measures for our network, we are trying to Kerberize the login process for all of our public Mac OS X clients. Mr. Ling, I saw your note from March on the kerberos mailing list archive and I though perhaps you might have some advice for the problem we have encountered... We are using Mac OS 10.2.6, and a Windows 2000 Server for ActiveDirectory and KDC services. We have successfully implemented LDAPv3 against active directory to store our users and their associated information which we use for logging in users (without kerberos). We set up a KDC on our Windows2000 Server, created client edu.mit.Kerberos files, and have successfully acquired tickets for several users [in Active Directory] via the OS X GUI Kerberos Manager. Modifying the /etc/authorization file on the client has been successful both for acquiring a ticket for the user as a consequence of logon, and verifying users against Active Directory [Options 1 and 2 as discussed in Apple Knowledge Base article 107154.] We then created a 'user' account in active directory for the client computer [the host] and used Win2000's Ktpass utility to create a host principal and keytab file, which was ftp'd into /etc on the client machine. c:\>ktpass -princ host/testg4.dns.com@DNS.COM -mapuser te...

Disable Mac OS X Kerberos Auto Prompting
Is there a way to programmatically or in a configuration file to disable Mac OS X auto-prompting for the user's kerberos password? I'm interested in only disabling auto-prompting in one particular application. Thanks, Christopher Nebergall ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos In Panther you can #define KERBEROSLOGIN_NEVER_PROMPT 1 I'm not sure that this works with earlier releases. Nebergall, Christopher wrote: > Is there a way to programmatically or in a configuration file to disable Mac > OS X auto-prompting for the user's kerberos password? > > I'm interested in only disabling auto-prompting in one particular > application. > > Thanks, > Christopher Nebergall > > ________________________________________________ > Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu > https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos > In 10.3 (Panther), you can set the environment variable KERBEROSLOGIN_NEVER_PROMPT (it doesn't matter what it is set to) in your application before making any Kerberos calls. If you can't rebuild the application, you can set it in a wrapper script which calls your application. There is no way to turn off automatic prompting in 10.2 or earlier. On Apr 11, 2004, at 7:05 PM, Nebergall, Christopher wrote: > Is there a way to programmatically or in a configuration file...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G wil...

adjusting token size
--Apple-Mail-3-131072070 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 good day, is there a way to configure the cache size of kerberos token in mac os x = client (10.6) just the way you can in windows. the size of the cache = hit's a limit when a AD user is member of many groups as described here.=20= http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327825/en-us thanks for advice or help. greetings from snowy munich Allan M. Schmid =EF=A3=BF Apple Certified Trainer =EF=A3=BF Apple Certified Technical Coordinator =EF=A3=BF Apple Certified System Administrator brainworks Training - Germany www.brainworks-training.de --Apple-Mail-3-131072070-- ...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

[News] Mac OS X Filemaker ODBC update released
From MacMinute.com ... Filemaker ODBC update released ------------------------------ � FileMaker has released a new ODBC update for Mac OS X for use with FileMaker Pro 7, Developer 7 and Server 7 Advanced. The update includes the FileMaker ODBC Client Driver for Mac OS X (10.3.x or 10.2.x), which was previously only available for Windows. "The ODBC Client Driver software gives Mac users the ability to use FileMaker products as an ODBC data source for sharing information with a wide range of Mac desktop, database or web applications. In...

Kerberos/ssh ticket forwarding sometimes fails in Mac OS X
Hi, I can always get kerberos tickets on my Powerbook, but the tickets don't always get forwarded if I ssh to a kerberized host (i.e. I can ssh to a remote host without getting prompted for a password, but logging in from there to another remote host does prompt for a password), and the ssh loging hangs for some 10s of seconds; it tends to work directly after restarting my computer, but I haven't been able to figure out under which exact circumstances it works or doesn't work. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a thread in this or another newsgroup that talks about it? An FAQ somewhere? Here are all the details of the problem I could think of: I use Mac OS X 10.3.8 with Kerberos for Macintosh version 5.0.1 and OpenSSH_3.6.1p1+CAN-2004-0175, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090702f I have a powerbook, so I move around a bit between my home and two offices, typically setting the computer to sleep in between. I get an IP number via DHCP at all locations. I can always get Kerberos tickets and ssh to the kerberized host at my home institution. However, under some circumstances, my kerberos tickets do not seem to get forwarded properly to the login host at my home institution, even though I always request addressless forwardable tickets. I.e. on my powerbook I get kerberos tickets, and klist -f yields this output after sshing: Kerberos 5 ticket cache: 'API:Initial default ccache' Default Principal: XXX@XXX.XXX Valid Starting Expires...

New Kerberos for Macintosh ships with Mac OS X 10.3

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler...

Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier)
Your Mac won't start up in Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier) Nothing can be more frustrating than turning on your Mac only to find that it won't start up. Instead of seeing the Finder, you see a blue or gray screen, an icon of a broken folder, a kernel panic, a flashing question mark, or a computer that just sits there. What can you do? Don't worry. It could be a simple issue that you can fix yourself. Note: This article applies to Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier. Tip: If your computer won't start at all, skip to "You see a blank, gray screen" below. The first step to help your Mac start up again is to identify which symptom you see. Once you know what the symptom is, you can try to fix it. Here's a list of the most common things you might see if your Mac turns on but doesn't start up. Click the link for the symptom you see, then follow the steps to fix it. You see an empty, blue screen. You might also see a progress indicator, which looks like a colored pinwheel or spinning disc. A "broken folder" icon, a prohibitory sign, or "kernel panic" message appears. Sam Walker Apple Specialist You see a blank, gray screen. A flashing question mark appears. None of the above happens, but your Mac doesn't start up. You see an empty, blue screen. You might also see a progress indicator, which looks like a colored pinwheel or spinning disc There are several different things you can try to fix this symptom. Go through eac...

Mac OS X kerberos : kerberized SMB, but no access to AD Server (W2K3)
Hi, I am having a problem accessing my W2K3 server in a SSO environment, consisting of a Mac OS X 10.3.6 Server and two W2K3 Servers. SSO wise, everything is supposedly setup correctly; my smb.conf has been edited to contain the following lines required for SSO: Security = ads Encrypt password = yes //samba default Workgroup = FOO Realm = FOO.BAR.COM Use spnego = yes Client use spnego = yes Domain logons = yes Client use ntlmv2 auth = yes ....and evrything works like a charm on the Windows side of the fence.... The majority of out clients run Mac OS X, however, and from these machines I cannot get in contact with the W2K3 servers when using Kerberos. Using Apple's standard setup is no problem... ....I even have SSO for AFP (Apple File Protocol) working with customised Kerberos principals on the W2K3 servers... ....The only bit missing is the re-acceptance of the once granted (Active Directory) Kerberos TGT for SSO use with Mac OS X.... This ticket is encrypted with Arcfour HMAC-MD5 and this seems to be valid enough, since the exact same type of ticket gives us SSO from W2K client -> Mac OS X 10.3.6 server.... Does anyone have a clue as to what might be skewing things up, kerberos-wise? Best regards, S�ren Gr�nning ...

samba/kerberos compile question on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6
--===============43516580462007148== Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha1; protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z" --=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I have been = asked to=20 relay this question to the kerberos list, having already contacted both the= samba and UM macsig lists. I'm trying to get samba compiled on mac os x server With active directory s= upport. =20 Samba 3 with active directory will in theory let somebody authenticate thro= ugh AD,=20 so users on machines connected to a samba 3 PDC could in theory login with=20 their Kerberos credentials. I am getting several kerberos related errors i= n=20 getting samba to compile properly. One of the problems is that I'm not exa= ctly sure what version of kerberos is installed on mac os x server, nor if it is poss= ible to upgrade it. Any information you might have on recognizing and/or fixing this error= would be appreciated. I've managed to get samba 3_0 (still in late beta) to compile cleanly as=20 long as I disable AD, by passing the --disable-ads flag to ./configure.=20 While this has allowed me to get samba to act as a PDC that then=20 authenticates to the OpenLDAP server built-in to Mac OS X Server, it=20 doesn't achieve my goal of kerberized logins from windows with samba, and I= =20 don't want to have ...

Mac OS X 10.10.2 and Security Update 2015-001 Released
APPLE-SA-2015-01-27-4 OS X 10.10.2 and Security Update 2015-001 OS X 10.10.2 and Security Update 2015-001 are now available and address the following: AFP Server Available for: OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 Impact: A remote attacker may be able to determine all the network addresses of the system Description: The AFP file server supported a command which returned all the network addresses of the system. This issue was addressed by removing the addresses from the result. CVE-ID CVE-2014-4426 : Craig Young of Tripwire VERT bash Available for: OS X Yosemite v10.10 and v10.10.1 Im...

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume.
Hi Group, Decided to reinstall OSX today on my MAC Book. _ Boy was this a mistake_ I booted off the DVD and changed the partition setup to two instead of one using the disk utility program. Selected MAC OSX Extended Journaled for both paritions. Now in the installer when I come to select the drive to install on I get the message "You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume." There is a red explaination mark on the drive. I have reboot, reformatted the drive back one parition using the disk util program and I still have the same proble...

Kerberos failing pthreads assert when running in php+Apache2? (Mac OS X 10.4.5)
Hello, I've been using a port of phpkrb5 (PHP3/4) to PHP5 (http:// homepages.nyu.edu/~jcw9/phpkrb5php5.tar.gz ~12 K, run `phpize` to make all the Makefiles, etc.). This is *REALLY SIMPLE* code. One of Apple's most recent updates to Tiger seems to have caused Kerberos within the Apache2 context to fail a pthreads assertation. (However, applications using mod_auth_kerberos for HTTP Authentication are working fine still.) error.log: [Tue Mar 14 17:49:06 2006] [notice] child pid 24389 exit signal Abort trap (6) .../../../include/fake-addrinfo.h:687: failed assertion `pthread_equal((&(&krb5int_fac.lock)->os)->owner, pthread_self())' Apache is and has been using the prefork mpm, not the pthreads one. Disabling threads support in kerberos5 yields a different error message: ../../include/k5-thread.h:667: failed assertion `(&m->os)->initialized == K5_MUTEX_DEBUG_PARTLY_INITIALIZED' [Tue Mar 14 18:54:24 2006] [notice] child pid 8617 exit signal Abort trap (6) However, the same code executed within the standalone CLI PHP binary works fine. Perhaps the update broke pthreads? It worked before(tm). Is there someway I can change the source of phpkrb5 to work better within Apache2? -- Jonathan C. Williams Web Programmer Steinhardt School of Education jonathan.williams@nyu.edu :: 212-998-5308 ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listin...

Web resources about - Updated Kerberos Extras for Mac OS X is released - comp.protocols.kerberos

Kerberos (protocol) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MIT developed Kerberos to protect network services provided by Project Athena . The protocol is based on the earlier Needham-Schroeder Symmetric ...

Trekkies miss out after push to name Pluto moon 'Vulcan' fails; Kerberos and Styx chosen instead
BAD news, 'Star Trek' fans: Pluto's fourth and fifth moons have been named Kerberos and Styx, despite 'Vulcan' being the top suggestion.

Meet Pluto's smallest moons: Kerberos and Styx
Pluto's two smallest known moons have been officially named after characters associated with the underworld of Greek and Roman mythology.

Pluto's moons named Styx and Kerberos, despite vote for Vulcan
... Astronomical Union vetoed a public vote to name one of Pluto's two most recently discovered moons Vulcan and named the moons Styx and Kerberos. ...

Meet Styx and Kerberos, Pluto's newly named moons
... of new moons orbiting Pluto (at SETI's behest), it decided to do some planetoid naming, too. Today, SETI announced those names: Styx and Kerberos. ...

Microsoft Issues Emergency Patch for Kerberos Bug
The vulnerability could enable an attacker to elevate privileges. Microsoft recommends that organizations consider rebuilding their Windows domains. ...

Kerberos Productions Offers Expertise to President on the Weaponization of Outer Space
... game violence to the President and Vice-President of the United States, Sword of the Stars 1 & 2, Fort Zombie, and NorthStar developer Kerberos ...

The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx, respectively.
The fourth and fifth moons of Pluto have officially been named Kerberos and Styx , respectively. The Earth's moon is still named fucking "Aiden." ...

Poll For Pluto's Moons Closes, Vulcan and Kerberos Win - Geekosystem
First the SETI Institute put it up for vote, then the geeks and nerds swarmed the Internet, and now it's as certain as it can be before the International ...

Kerberos unleashed at last: Pluto’s dog-bone moon poses another mystery
NASA’s New Horizons probe has finally filled out its family portrait of Pluto and its moons – and Kerberos, the last moon to get its closeup, ...