Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba

Hi,

I need to access from an JSP application in a Linux server to a
Microsoft Access database (only read) that is in another Windows server

(only accepts users in its domain, that are different from Linux server

users)

I have configured Samba so that I can access to the database file. When

I access through the folder navigator of Linux it requests me user,
domain and password and access without problems.

I do not know, how to access from a Java/JSP application, it's possible

to do it? what driver I must use? it is necessary to configure Samaba
to have permission some user in particular (tomcat, apache...)

Thanks!

0
JC
6/18/2006 1:52:39 PM
comp.protocols.smb 1481 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Access to zipped Microsoft Access database
Hello, I have no problems with connecting to ms access database, although now I want to connect with a mdb file which is zipped. Is it possible to unzip it only in memory (without saving to a hard-drive) and connect to such database? The reason is that I just don't want to publish mdb file which can be easily accessed and modified by other and putting it in zip with different file extensions can make that task little harder. Regards, mark mark wrote: > I have no problems with connecting to ms access database, although now > I want to connect with a mdb file which is...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") **************...

'Microsoft Access Database' with Java.
Hi, is there any way to get the data of a 'Microsoft-Access-Database' with Java under Linux?I have got only the .mbd file and no Windows... greez fabian Fabian Rossbacher wrote: > is there any way to get the data of a 'Microsoft-Access-Database' with Java > under Linux?I have got only the .mbd file and no Windows... No, JDBC isn't magic. If you want to use a database, you'll need DBMS software to do it. No one is likely to rewrite all of the core functionality of Microsoft Access in a JDBC driver any time soon. -- www.designacourse.com The...

How to create Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) in Java
I want to create a blank Microsoft Access 97 Database in Java and later connect to it and create tables and insert data. I know how to connect to an existing .mdb database, but I have no idea how to create one using Java. Can you help me figure out how to make it. Thank you! "Pony" <bjliu@21cn.com> wrote in message news:krkMd.259672$6l.241163@pd7tw2no... >I want to create a blank Microsoft Access 97 Database in Java and later > connect to it and create tables and insert data. I know how to connect to > an > existing .mdb database, but I have no idea ho...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and sc...

Samba Gains Legal Access to Microsoft Network File Protocols
All, This might be of interest to this newsgroup. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2239112,00.asp "Samba and the Software Freedom Law Center sign an agreement with Microsoft= that gives them full access to Microsoft's server protocols." "On Dec. 20, the Samba Group and the Software Freedom Law Center announced = a deal with Microsoft that places all of Microsoft's network protocols needed for progr= ams to work with Windows Server into the hands of the newly formed Protocol Freedom Informat= ion Foundation. The PFIF is a U.S.-based nonprofit corporation. It will...

Web resources about - Java access to Microsoft Access database through Samba - comp.protocols.smb

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message