get-next-request and get-request

What is the real difference between the two commands ?

What will be used when ?

With the sniffer, it looks exactly the same.

0
Yoram
12/30/2003 6:04:30 PM
comp.protocols.snmp 1995 articles. 1 followers. broonie27 (2) is leader. Post Follow

In article <3ff1bea6$1@news.barak.net.il>,
Yoram Orzach <yoram@n-d-com.com> wrote:
>What is the real difference between the two commands ?
>
>What will be used when ?
>
>With the sniffer, it looks exactly the same.

The get-request will only match exactly the OID specified in the request.
It will fail of no such OID exists on the target.  The get-next-request
will return the OID that is the "next" OID in the "tree".

The get-next-request can be used to "walk" the OIDs in a system, or simply
to request subsequent pieces of information for a portion of data you are
inquiring about.

The get-next-request and the get-request will both be identical when viewed
in a sniffer.

    Patrick Klos                           Email: patrick@klos.com
    Klos Technologies, Inc.                Web:   http://www.klos.com/
==================== What goes around, comes around... =====================
0
patrick

SNMP GET REQUEST
Hey everyone, I'm new at snmp. I am wondering how to use the SNMP GET REQUEST to retrieve a value from the agent. I believe i have the OID and i know that it is a string octet. I am trying to code this is in vb.net, or if someone has it in c# that is fine too. Thanks for the help This is not a trivial task that can be easily accomplished. I would suggest you to look at SNMP library. There are many implementations available. For example: www.net-snmp.org - GPL, open source Hope this helps, Sincerely, NetMechanica support team (Network Management made simple) http:/...

Sending a GET request and getting the response using fsockopen.
Hi, I need to use fsockopen to open a connection, send a GET request and read in the response. At the moment I'm trying the following code, but I think it's ignoring the actual URL included in the $request variable. $host = "www.myhost.com"; $request = "/myurl.php?param1=1&param2=2&param3=3"; $fp = fsockopen($host, 80, $errno, $errstr, 3.0); if ($fp) { # Send the get request then, with timeout... fwrite($fp, "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n" . "Host: $host\r\n". "Connection: close\r\n". "Content-Lengt...

gets gets
I'm a little surprised at this. In irb, I tried puts gets gets. Why? I don't know. but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! myString = gets gets puts myString On Mar 26, 2007, at 3:17 AM, John Joyce wrote: > I'm a little surprised at this. > In irb, I tried puts gets gets. > Why? I don't know. > but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! > myString = gets gets > puts myString It's not surprising at all. First, let's insert the parentheses so we can see it as Ruby does: puts(gets(gets())) Now we see th...

mrtg getting different values from same snmp request
Hi, First of all, i don't know if this problem is due to mrtg or snmp. I configured my mrtg to get a graph of spams/virus and passed mails received on the mail server. This consist in two graphs: first is spam detected vs passed mails, and second is virus catched vs passed mails. This should work nicely, except that on the two graphs, one out of two to four values (i get it hourly) are different in the two graphs/logs. Has anyone an idea about what could cause it ? It seems to frequent to be dropped udp packets. Here is the part of the conf file: Target[mail-spam]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3...

SoapClient: __doRequest doesn't get XML SOAP Request in its $request parameter?
Hello, to work around an interoperability problem with the PHP5 SOAP extension, I'd like to modify the generate XML SOAP request. (as described in http://www.schlossnagle.org/~george/blog/index.php?/archives/235-Salesforce.com-and-PHP.html ) To acheive this, I subclass SoapClient and overwrite the __doRequest() method. According to the PHP documentation and the article above, the $request Parameter of __doRequest() should contain the entire XML SOAP Request. However, in my test it only contains the parameter of the SOAP call. Here is my code: --- class MySoapClient extends SoapCli...

Fraud 7, do I get my money back if my space-doors get stuck closed? (2nd request)
"This type of gearbox is intended for high end applications where the gear reduction needs to be variable to solve the problem. A high end application for example is to guarantee a space door can open in space. Normal doors open and close with relative ease, but in space, doors and actuators can jam because of unforseen bonding problems between surfaces, thermal issues or some accident that leaves a structure bent out of shape. Fitting a Halogen Gear Drive with 6 moving parts can guarantee that door will open if and when required to do so under exceptional circumstances. Other act...

Is it possible to get the next hyperlink location in "EACH HTTP REQUEST HEADER?"
regards: Is it possible to get the next hyperlink location in "EACH HTTP REQUEST HEADER?" Or, --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Does the following programming architecture make sense? http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=otp&b=1&f=1114017894&p=4 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Any positive suggestion is welcome. thank you May goodness be with you all mike wrote: > Is it possible to get the next hyperlink location in "EACH HTTP REQUEST ...

get request dynamicaly
Hi I try to get dynamicaly all requests made to DB2 I process like this: 1) I stop then start my instance of database in the db2 control center 2) I use : db2 update monitor switches using statement on 3) then: db2 get snapshot for dynamic sql on <MyDatabase> I manage to get logs between instant t1 and t2, but i would like to see dynamicaly request which come to db2. I mean i would like to see in a console or a file for exemple request which come when i do an action on the soft link to the database. Could you help me ? Even if it doesn't give you what you ask for ...

HTTPS GET request.
Hi, I'm testing an application that sends an HTTPS GET request in the form of: https://localhost/cgi-bin/parse_eas.cgi?vers=2+"&msg=This+is+a+simple+%26+short+test. I need to get a hold of that entire request for comparison / verification purposes. The closet thing I found is Sebastien Martini's Simple HTTP server supporting SSL recipe (http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/ Python/Recipe/442473). In this recipe Sebastien created a SecureHTTPRequestHandler by extending the SimpleHTTPRequestHandler class. The SimpleHTTPRequestHandler extends the BaseHTTPRequestHandler...

HTTP GET request

Where to get 24
alt.binaries.multimedia.24 and please try downloading Tron the original movie from Ka*aa "Hg" <hg@gh.hg> wrote in message news:41ead55b$0$108$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > > alt.binaries.multimedia.24 > > > and please try downloading Tron the original movie from Ka*aa > > Nooooooooo! Second time in a week I've sent a personal message to the newsgroups. I must be losing it. Many apologies, my fellow CBMers. ...

problem with GET request reads
Hello, I have simple http "proxy" code written in Visual C++ (winsock) which should read 'GET' request from browser on some arbitrary port number and send it to http server (Apache) on port 80 socket_recv_buffer[8192]; int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { int nret, nret1; int len = 8192; //default buffer size process_args(argc, argv); // get arbitrary port number connect_to_browser (); //accept connection from browser on localhost:port_number connect_to_server(); //connect to http server // read GET from browser nret = clientSocket, socket_...

how to get newline with gets?
Hello. I like the -nonewline option of puts, and wonder why there isn't a counter option in gets? The reason I need it is effectively I am doing this: set line [gets -withnewline stdin] if {[lindex $line end] eq "\r" } { # do something } if {[lindex $line end] eq "\n" } { # do something different } I guess without such an option I have to read byte-by-byte to achieve this, right? Thanks. On 5/11/11 1:21 PM, =E5=90=95=E9=9F=A6=E7=94=AB wrote: > Hello. I like the -nonewline option of puts, and wonder why there isn't= a > counter option in gets? &g...

Setting variables from GET request
PHP Newb here... How do I configure php to take a url like this mydomain.com/index.php?v1=value1&v2=value2&v3=value3 and automagically create varialbe $v1 throught $v3 and assign the corresponding values? Thanks. Sean Berry wrote: > PHP Newb here... > > How do I configure php to take a url like this > mydomain.com/index.php?v1=value1&v2=value2&v3=value3 > > and automagically create varialbe $v1 throught $v3 and assign > the corresponding values? extract($_GET) will do that. Personally I like to be able to see at a glance where my variables come ...

Web resources about - get-next-request and get-request - comp.protocols.snmp