significance of 'not-accessible' MAX-ACCESS

Hi,

Can anyone suggest what's the significance of 'not-accessible' MAX-
ACCESS on an object. I mean why they can't be accessed?

Thanks in advanced.
0
astonishs
8/6/2008 4:52:03 AM
comp.protocols.snmp 1995 articles. 1 followers. broonie27 (2) is leader. Post Follow

astonishs@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest what's the significance of 'not-accessible' MAX-
> ACCESS on an object. I mean why they can't be accessed?
>
> Thanks in advanced.

Well, INDEX objects for instance are not accessible, because to retrieve
the value of the index you first need the value of the index - so
it wouldn't make much sense to have a readable index.

Table objects or conceptual rows are not accessible because they
are intermediate nodes in the OID tree.

Maybe this post I wrote some times ago can help clarify a few
things:
http://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc/entry/understanding_the_structure_of_management

Hope this helps,

-- daniel
http://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc
0
Daniel
8/6/2008 10:41:03 AM
On Aug 6, 5:41=A0am, Daniel FUCHS <removethis.daniel.fu...@sun.com>
wrote:
> astoni...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Can anyone suggest what's the significance of 'not-accessible' MAX-
> > ACCESS on an object. I mean why they can't be accessed?
>
> > Thanks in advanced.
>
> Well, INDEX objects for instance are not accessible, because to retrieve
> the value of the index you first need the value of the index - so
> it wouldn't make much sense to have a readable index.
>
> Table objects or conceptual rows are not accessible because they
> are intermediate nodes in the OID tree.
>
> Maybe this post I wrote some times ago can help clarify a few
> things:http://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc/entry/understanding_the_structure_of_m=
ana...

> Hope this helps,
>
> -- danielhttp://blogs.sun.com/jmxetc

Thanks Daniel.
0
astonishs

A 'datagrid' or 'table' in MS Access
I'm developing a form in Access with VBA. But i didn't found a good way to display the results of a query. I would like to show the results in a way simular to a table in access. (and not as a subform) Any suggestions how to implement this ? Regards, Jon S. wrote: > I'm developing a form in Access with VBA. > > But i didn't found a good way to display the results of a query. > > I would like to show the results in a way simular to a table in > access. (and not as a subform) > > Any suggestions how to implement this ? Ummm.... A subform in datasheet...

'^=' and '~='?

Using Access to 'access' an sql database on a webserver
Is this possible? I know about a bit about ODBC and found how to import an ODBC database stored on the computer, however I am after accessing an SQL database stored on a webserver. I'd like to keep it up to date, but that could probably be done with a macro. At the moment I'm just considoring possible options, so just need to know if it can be done, how easy and a rough idea of how. Any help would be much appreciated! Flic On 6 Oct 2006 03:59:25 -0700, "Flic" <FelicityP@gmail.com> wrote: I typically create an ADP, then connect to such db specifying the IP address...

'is not' or '!='
A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements like: if x is not None: and if x != None: Without any context, which one should be preferred? IMHO, the latter is more readable. On 2014-08-18 21:35, ElChino wrote: > A newbie question to you; what is the difference between statements > like: > if x is not None: > and > if x != None: > > Without any context, which one should be preferred? > IMHO, the latter is more readable. > "x == y" tells you whether x and y refer to objects that are equal. "x is y&qu...

Rails
I suppose I should post this in a Rails mailing list or wiki, but the medium I'm used to is USENET, so I thought I'd try here first. (I don't think there's a Rails newsgroup - please correct me if I'm wrong - and I see some Rails postings here sometimes, so I'm assuming this is appropriate.) I'm using the book "Ajax on Rails" to learn about Rails development and after following along for the first example, in chapter 2 (pg 20), I'm encountering the error: #28000Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) This happ...

'Pushing' Status of Access Application to another Access App
Hi, I've created two access Apps. App A calls App B to perform some lengthy and computational processes. Currently I'm using the acSysCmdSetStatus cmd to update the status of App B, and I'm wondering if there's a way to 'push' the status of B to A when the status changes. I'm thinking I might be able to achieve the same result if I can open both apps in the same application object but hide B when it is performing its calculations; then when B updates the application status, it will be visible from A. I might also have to use the DoEvents() command. Has anyone d...

access built-in shell commands like 'history' or 'fc'
How do I access built-in shell commands (like 'history' or 'fc') with a system call? Not what I was expecting: % ruby -e 'puts `history`' -e:1: command not found: history But this works fine: % ruby -e 'puts `pwd`' /home/john I've tried this: % ruby -e 'system "history >tmp.tmp"; puts IO.read("tmp.tmp")' And no errors are generated, but there is nothing in tmp.tmp, either. Thanks bwv549 wrote: > How do I access built-in shell commands (like 'history' or 'fc') with a > system call...

'Access denied for user 'root'
I've just installed mysql5 under Solaris 10. I installed it as root. Every thins seemed to go well, and then I attempted to execute: /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'mysqls1rgu3' and I receive the error: /opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)' I've verified: # ps -ef|grep mysql root 261 1 0 16:11:39 ? 0:00 /bin/sh /opt/csw/ mysql5/bin/mysqld_safe --pid-file=/opt/csw/mysql5/var/mysql.pi mysql 421 ...

Trying to login to phpMyAdmin and I get: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks -- Rob On 2004-12-02, Rob <newsgroup@marine.com> wrote: > Trying to login to phpMyAdmin and I get: > > #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) > > Anyone know how to fix this? Very informative :) Anyway, just as a guess. There's MySQL database in the background. Usually to access this database user 'root' is given access without...

Trying to login to phpMyAdmin and I get: #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks -- Rob In comp.os.linux.setup, Rob uttered these immortal words: > Trying to login to phpMyAdmin and I get: > > #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) > > Anyone know how to fix this? That's an error from MySQL not phpMyAdmin. It looks like you didn't enter a password when trying to login. If you did enter a password you're going ...

error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
Hi, I just installed mysql 4.0.21 from sources on a Sun. When I try to run mysqladmin to set the root password, it will not let me connect. I've checked it sesms to be running. # bin/mysqladmin --user=root password 'whoops' bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)' Any ideas? The server is running. Dave wrote: > # bin/mysqladmin --user=root password 'whoops' > bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed > error: &...

Bugzilla
I am trying to install the bugzilla package on Debian, and I have chosen to configure the software using the dbconfig-common configuration tool. I enter a password in response to a prompt: What is the password for the administrative account with which this package should create its mysql database and user? Password of your database's administrative user: This is producing an error: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Unfortunately at the time of writing, I know absolutely nothing about SQL. Will I be able to use the...

how-to write output in 'n' columns through 'n' access of the output file?
Hello everybody, I am using g77 since a while and there is a problem that i've never managed to solve. And this time I really would like to find out a possible solution... I have a code. This code simulates something. The output of each simulation is a t (time steps)-row column. Now I have to do 2000 simulations. What I would like to do is: 1. do a simulation run 2. write the result in a output file 3. do a second simulation run 4. open the output file and write the output on a second column next to the first simulation. so on... A solution would be to store all the simulation in ...

pg_autovacuum causes 'create database' to fail when the first is accessing 'template1'
Hi, I noticed that when using the single commandline: drop database <name>; create database <name>; this sometimes fails due to a pg_autovacuum process running on the background. When this happens, the error returned is: db2=# drop database db1; create database db1; DROP DATABASE ERROR: source database "template1" is being accessed by other users The logs shows that pg_autovacuum kicks in right after the drop database, but right before the create database, causing the latter to fail: 2003-11-08 10:50:15 [1422] LOG: unexpected EOF on clie...

Web resources about - significance of 'not-accessible' MAX-ACCESS - comp.protocols.snmp