TFTP "File not found error"

I about which is standard for a TFTP server about sending this error
message.

I am using a free TFTP server TFTPD32 on my windows machine and I can
"put" any files to this server either the file previously exists under
the TFTP directory or not. But on a Fedora Core 5 PC, when the file
does not exists under the TFTP directory, TFTP server on the Linux PC
sends an error packet indicating that "File not found".

As far as I have examined RFC1350 I colud not find any specification
about the transfer file existance.

I need a pointer for the standard about this issue.

Thanks a lot...

comp.protocols.tcp-ip 4448 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In article <1164106636.073705.176470@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
a R T u n <muratartun@gmail.com> wrote:
>I about which is standard for a TFTP server about sending this error
>message.

>I am using a free TFTP server TFTPD32 on my windows machine and I can
>"put" any files to this server either the file previously exists under
>the TFTP directory or not. But on a Fedora Core 5 PC, when the file
>does not exists under the TFTP directory, TFTP server on the Linux PC
>sends an error packet indicating that "File not found".

>As far as I have examined RFC1350 I colud not find any specification
>about the transfer file existance.

>I need a pointer for the standard about this issue.

It doesn't have to be in the standard. It is a long-standing security
measure, designed in part to prevent third-parties from using the
tftp server as a file storage location without the owner's permission;
designed too so that third parties could not fill up the disk and
potentially crash the machine (or prevent important information from
being logged.)
0
roberson