Datum Time no longer supported after merger?

Last year I installed a few free NTP clients for Win2K, and I selected
DatumTime as my favorite - can't remember details on exactly *what* I
liked about it, probably it was easiest to configure/use. It performed
admirably for me on several computers, I was extremely happy with it.

However, it now complains that its own time zone library is
out-of-date and that I need to visit www.datum.com to obtain this
year's library.

But, that web sight now indicates "On October 29, 2002, Datum became
part of the Symmetricom family", and there is no discernable link to
the DatumTime product anymore.

Is anyone familiar with this product and whether Symmetricom intends
to continue supporting it?

If the product appears dead, what are your favorite ntp clients on
Win2k? - preferably w/a free license.

thanks,
-bob
 andover, ma
0
tsreyb

In article <a8cd904e.0306291849.2f9cb98d@posting.google.com>,
	tsreyb@yahoo.com (Bob - Andover, MA) writes:

[SNIP]

> If the product appears dead, what are your favorite ntp clients on
> Win2k? - preferably w/a free license.

How about the w32time service. It's not proper NTP, (Microsoft have
broken it somewhat as usual) but it keeps the clock accurate, is
installed on every Windows 2000/XP machine and is fine as client.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195
0
jonathan
6/30/2003 8:20:59 AM
In article <bdp0rr$snr$1@nntp.webmaster.com>,
	"David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com> writes:

> "Jonathan Buzzard" <jonathan@buzzard.org.uk> wrote in message
>
>> How about the w32time service. It's not proper NTP, (Microsoft have
>> broken it somewhat as usual) but it keeps the clock accurate, is
>> installed on every Windows 2000/XP machine and is fine as client.
>
>     It's never worked for me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have a
> WinXP machine sitting right next to a stratum one time server that it never
> manages to sync to. Times are frequently as far as three seconds off, though
> the time server does get queries from the XP machine.

Works just fine for me.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195
0
jonathan
6/30/2003 11:00:06 AM
tsreyb@yahoo.com (Bob - Andover, MA) wrote in message news:<a8cd904e.0306291849.2f9cb98d@posting.google.com>...
> Last year I installed a few free NTP clients for Win2K, and I selected
> DatumTime as my favorite - can't remember details on exactly *what* I
> liked about it, probably it was easiest to configure/use. It performed
> admirably for me on several computers, I was extremely happy with it.
>
> However, it now complains that its own time zone library is
> out-of-date and that I need to visit www.datum.com to obtain this
> year's library.
>
> But, that web sight now indicates "On October 29, 2002, Datum became
> part of the Symmetricom family", and there is no discernable link to
> the DatumTime product anymore.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this product and whether Symmetricom intends
> to continue supporting it?

Hi Bob,

Symmetricom has renamed the DatumTime product to SymmTime.  It is
still a free download, now located at http://www.ntp-systems.com

Enjoy,

roy

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  Please do
not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to