define second ntp for different network on Meinberg Lantime M600

Hello,

can somebody help me how to configure eth1 for ntp on Meinberg Lantime M600 for different network as the default used for eth0?
I have found in web interface under Network panel --> Network Interfaces, where i can add  under Interface 02 - lan1:1 ip, mask,gateway.
Note: default Interface 01 - lan0:0 is currently used/defined - and working.

Is it the correct way to have two different networks served by same Meinberg device?

What is the output of command 'ntpq -p' on ntp-client on new network if IP of lan1:1 is defined as ntp-server?
Will it get same hostname as ntp-clients on old network?

Can ntp keys be used for this lan1:1 as well?

Thanks for the explanation in advance.

Ardi
0
ardi

Hello Ardi,

ardi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can somebody help me how to configure eth1 for ntp on Meinberg Lantime M600 for different network as the default used for eth0?
> I have found in web interface under Network panel --> Network Interfaces, where i can add  under Interface 02 - lan1:1 ip, mask,gateway.
> Note: default Interface 01 - lan0:0 is currently used/defined - and working.

Why don't you simply ask the Meinberg support guys at
techsupport@meinberg.de? I'm sure they can help you and will reply quickly.

> Is it the correct way to have two different networks served by same Meinberg device?
>
> What is the output of command 'ntpq -p' on ntp-client on new network if IP of lan1:1 is defined as ntp-server?
> Will it get same hostname as ntp-clients on old network?
>
> Can ntp keys be used for this lan1:1 as well?
>
> Thanks for the explanation in advance.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Meinberg LANTIMEs run
ntpd, which listens by default on all interfaces, and replies via all
interfaces.

So a client on a specific subnet should get a reply from the server, and
the source address should be the IP address assigned to the interface
for that subnet. It's simple.

Eventually you should tell more details on what you're trying to achieve.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren