GPS Clock problem sept 3 2016, around 20:14 EST

Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart) drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14

By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec offset around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP sources keep the network running without problem.

Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something they wrongly interpret???
0
bourque

On 04/09/2016 16:44, bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
> Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart) drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14
>
> By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec offset around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP sources keep the network running without problem.
>
> Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something they wrongly interpret???

No jumps here with multiple different GPS/PPS devices, times in UTC:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php

However, all these PPS systems also have Internet servers as well as
some using the NMEA output from the GPS.  I don't currently have any
completely stand-alone devices (except for the LeoNTP server).

--
Cheers,
David
> On 04/09/2016 16:44, bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
> > Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  =
Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart)=
 drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14

> > By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec off=
set around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP so=
urces keep the network running without problem.

> > Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something the=
y wrongly interpret???
>=20
> No jumps here with multiple different GPS/PPS devices, times in UTC:
>=20
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php
>=20
> However, all these PPS systems also have Internet servers as well as=20
> some using the NMEA output from the GPS.  I don't currently have any=20
> completely stand-alone devices (except for the LeoNTP server).
>=20
> --=20
> Cheers,
> David
> Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

Well in fact, one of the GPS base clock show a hit at the same time I was a=
ffected: =20
PC Kiruna
Intel i7-4770K 16 GB
Windows-10/64 Pro
Interactive
Stratum-1 GPS/PPS kernel-mode sync
Sure GPS, antenna indoors
0
bourque
9/4/2016 4:51:19 PM
Le dimanche 4 septembre 2016 12:33:05 UTC-4, David Taylor a =C3=A9crit=C2=
=A0:
> On 04/09/2016 16:44, bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
> > Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  =
Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart)=
 drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14

> > By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec off=
set around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP so=
urces keep the network running without problem.

> > Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something the=
y wrongly interpret???
>=20
> No jumps here with multiple different GPS/PPS devices, times in UTC:
>=20
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php
>=20
> However, all these PPS systems also have Internet servers as well as=20
> some using the NMEA output from the GPS.  I don't currently have any=20
> completely stand-alone devices (except for the LeoNTP server).
>=20
> --=20
> Cheers,
> David
> Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

I though I saw one of the clock with a jump at the same time as my problem =
but I wrongly calculed the time offset for GMT
0
bourque
9/4/2016 4:56:28 PM
Le dimanche 4 septembre 2016 12:33:05 UTC-4, David Taylor a =C3=A9crit=C2=
=A0:
> On 04/09/2016 16:44, bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
> > Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  =
Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart)=
 drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14

> > By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec off=
set around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP so=
urces keep the network running without problem.

> > Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something the=
y wrongly interpret???
>=20
> No jumps here with multiple different GPS/PPS devices, times in UTC:
>=20
>    http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_ntp.php
>=20
> However, all these PPS systems also have Internet servers as well as=20
> some using the NMEA output from the GPS.  I don't currently have any=20
> completely stand-alone devices (except for the LeoNTP server).
>=20
> --=20
> Cheers,
> David
> Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

And, I just realized you are the David Taylor that make the NTPMonitor tool=
 I am using!!!  Thank you for the tool, it help me a lot yesterday night
0
bourque
9/4/2016 5:03:28 PM
On 04/09/2016 17:51, bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
[]
> Well in fact, one of the GPS base clock show a hit at the same time I was affected:
> PC Kiruna
> Intel i7-4770K 16 GB
> Windows-10/64 Pro
> Interactive
> Stratum-1 GPS/PPS kernel-mode sync
> Sure GPS, antenna indoors

Noted, and on the wrong offset, but in fact PC Kiruna was rebooted then:

   http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_kiruna.php

Glad you're enjoying the software!

--
Cheers,
David
bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
> Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart) drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14
>
> By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec offset around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP sources keep the network running without problem.
>
> Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something they wrongly interpret???

Do you know which type of GPS receiver is assembled in your clock? A
problem with a Trimble Acutime 2000 has been reported on the NTP pool
mailing list:
https://lists.ntp.org/pipermail/pool/2016-September/007944.html

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont
Germany
0
Martin
9/5/2016 12:31:56 PM
Le lundi 5 septembre 2016 11:20:11 UTC-4, Martin Burnicki a =C3=A9crit=C2=
=A0:
> bourque.daniel@gmail.com wrote:
> > Were they any problem reported yesterday night with GPS clock source?  =
Our 2 very old (+15 years) Lantronix GPS clock (on 2 building, 15 km apart)=
 drift/jump simultaneously at 20h14
> >=20
> > By the time I was advised, they were returning time with an 800 sec off=
set around 21:45 , to finally resync about 20 min later.  2 Internet NTP so=
urces keep the network running without problem.
> >=20
> > Anybody saw something or my GPS clock are too old and saw something the=
y wrongly interpret???
>=20
> Do you know which type of GPS receiver is assembled in your clock? A
> problem with a Trimble Acutime 2000 has been reported on the NTP pool
> mailing list:
> https://lists.ntp.org/pipermail/pool/2016-September/007944.html
>=20
> Martin
> --=20
> Martin Burnicki
>=20
> Meinberg Funkuhren
> Bad Pyrmont
> Germany

Yes this is the Trimble with an RS-422 interface bought more then 15 years =
ago
The Lantronix NTS doesn't give access to any data so I don't know what happ=
en exactly except the 2 of them were returning very bad data and were consi=
dered insane, invalid by our Cisco 6509 and the time frame is the same then=
 the one they are reporting
0
bourque