Help for registration

All hello! Directly I apologize for my English, I use an online translator =
:)
Question on control of servers. Once long ago registered the accounting ent=
ry and attached to it a time server (217.8.84.205), it is twisted on mikrot=
ik. This to the accounting entry forgot, registered one more e-mail address=
 and one more mikrotik with a time server. How to me to drag my first addre=
ss to this new accounting entry?
  Thanks for understanding, yours faithfully Vladimir.
0
Wan

Wan Kakaxa wrote:
> All hello! Directly I apologize for my English, I use an online translator :)
> Question on control of servers. Once long ago registered the accounting entry and attached to it a time server (217.8.84.205), it is twisted on mikrotik. This to the accounting entry forgot, registered one more e-mail address and one more mikrotik with a time server. How to me to drag my first address to this new accounting entry?
>   Thanks for understanding, yours faithfully Vladimir.

Sorry, from the automatically translated text it is not clear what you
want, and what the problem is.

I'm assuming "microtik" is your router?

Do you have problems to access and configure the router? Then you should
contact microtic support.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont
Germany
0
Martin
11/29/2016 8:07:39 AM
=D0=B2=D1=82=D0=BE=D1=80=D0=BD=D0=B8=D0=BA, 29 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F=D0=B1=D1=
=80=D1=8F 2016 =D0=B3., 13:10:03 UTC+5 =D0=BF=D0=BE=D0=BB=D1=8C=D0=B7=D0=BE=
=D0=B2=D0=B0=D1=82=D0=B5=D0=BB=D1=8C Martin Burnicki =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=
=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BB:
> Wan Kakaxa wrote:
> > All hello! Directly I apologize for my English, I use an online transla=
tor :)
> > Question on control of servers. Once long ago registered the accounting=
 entry and attached to it a time server (217.8.84.205), it is twisted on mi=
krotik. This to the accounting entry forgot, registered one more e-mail add=
ress and one more mikrotik with a time server. How to me to drag my first a=
ddress to this new accounting entry?
> >   Thanks for understanding, yours faithfully Vladimir.
>=20
> Sorry, from the automatically translated text it is not clear what you
> want, and what the problem is.
>=20
> I'm assuming "microtik" is your router?
>=20
> Do you have problems to access and configure the router? Then you should
> contact microtic support.
>=20
>=20
> Martin
> --=20
> Martin Burnicki
>=20
> Meinberg Funkuhren
> Bad Pyrmont
> Germany

You not correctly understood, I have difficulties not with setup of the NTP=
 server.
One of my mikrotik is bound to other email and I want to transfer it to oth=
er account, but on what it is registered I I don't remember
0
Wan
12/3/2016 2:11:00 PM
Wan Kakaxa wrote:
> All hello! Directly I apologize for my English, I use an online translator :)
> Question on control of servers. Once long ago registered the accounting entry and attached to it a time server (217.8.84.205), it is twisted on mikrotik. This to the accounting entry forgot, registered one more e-mail address and one more mikrotik with a time server. How to me to drag my first address to this new accounting entry?
>   Thanks for understanding, yours faithfully Vladimir.

I've also struggled to keep up with changes.

<http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/ManagingYourListEntries>

! Creating a new List entry
!
! ALERT! You must be a registered TWiki member to create a List
! entry for your Time Server. You will be prompted to login when
! necessary.

I've never registered as a TWiki member as TWiki probably
didn't exist when my servers were added to the pool (2 in
2009 then another 2 in 2012/2013).

my scores are still at

<http://www.pool.ntp.org/scores/[ipv4 address]>

and there is a link to:

<https://manage.ntppool.org/manage>

David

0
David
12/3/2016 5:59:50 PM
On 27/11/16 14:00, Wan Kakaxa wrote:
> his to the accounting entry forgot, registered one more e-mail address and one more mikrotik with a time server.

NTP doesn't use email addresses for any purpose and has no concept of an
account.

You appear to talking about some sort of, commercial, device, or service.

0
David
12/4/2016 10:45:01 AM
I need this http://take.ms/MPMly

http://take.ms/O9Ph7
0
Wan
12/4/2016 4:14:11 PM
On 2016-12-04, Wan Kakaxa <wan666@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need this http://take.ms/MPMly
>
> http://take.ms/O9Ph7

You do not need it. Those pages are for registering your ntp server into
the pool where other people can then use your server to set their own
time. It is NOT for you getting time from the pool. That is free and
needs no registration.

If what you want is to register your ntp server into the pool so others
can use it, make sure that your server is a) up almost all the time, b)
has sufficient bandwidth that you can handle the traffic. c) that your
ntp server really has a good reliable source of time itself.
Nothing is more useless than a pool server which gives bad time.

0
William
12/4/2016 6:15:55 PM
Wan Kakaxa wrote:
> I need this http://take.ms/MPMly
>
> http://take.ms/O9Ph7

The discussion in the news group is mainly about the NTP software, but
your problem is more related to the management of the pool servers.

I think the best solution would be to contact the pool administrators.
Eventually you can use this contact form:
https://manage.ntppool.org/manage

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont
Germany
0
Martin
12/5/2016 8:21:00 AM
On 2016-12-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
> Wan Kakaxa wrote:
>> I need this http://take.ms/MPMly
>>
>> http://take.ms/O9Ph7
>
> The discussion in the news group is mainly about the NTP software, but
> your problem is more related to the management of the pool servers.
>
> I think the best solution would be to contact the pool administrators.
> Eventually you can use this contact form:
> https://manage.ntppool.org/manage

Certainly good advice. But I would interpret the mandate of this group
more bradly than you. The pool has become such an integral part of
timekeeping using the ntp protocol thatdiscussions of it are not out of
place. My main problem is that I have not been able--perhaps due to
problems with his English-- to figure out what his problem is.

0
William
12/5/2016 12:53:46 PM
William,

William Unruh wrote:
> On 2016-12-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
>> Wan Kakaxa wrote:
>>> I need this http://take.ms/MPMly
>>>
>>> http://take.ms/O9Ph7
>>
>> The discussion in the news group is mainly about the NTP software, but
>> your problem is more related to the management of the pool servers.
>>
>> I think the best solution would be to contact the pool administrators.
>> Eventually you can use this contact form:
>> https://manage.ntppool.org/manage
>
> Certainly good advice. But I would interpret the mandate of this group
> more bradly than you.

I agree with you that the mandate of this group is more broadly than you
thought I'd mean. ;-)

I *don't* think discussions related to the pool, chrony, or even w32time
are off topic here. In fact I just said "The *discussion* in the news
group is mainly about the NTP software", just because most postings deal
with the way ntpd works.

> The pool has become such an integral part of
> timekeeping using the ntp protocol that discussions of it are not out of
> place.

I absolutely agree.

> My main problem is that I have not been able--perhaps due to
> problems with his English-- to figure out what his problem is.

I had the same problem so I tried to get more information to find out
what he really intended to do.

Even if discussion about the pool is welcome here, I'm not sure if one
of the pool admins is following this list closely so that they can help
him quickly to recover the user name and/or password he used originally
to register his pool server.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont
Germany
0
Martin
12/5/2016 3:28:49 PM
On 2016-12-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
> William,
>
> William Unruh wrote:

>>> The discussion in the news group is mainly about the NTP software, but
>>> your problem is more related to the management of the pool servers.
>>>
>>> I think the best solution would be to contact the pool administrators.
>>> Eventually you can use this contact form:
>>> https://manage.ntppool.org/manage
>>
>> Certainly good advice. But I would interpret the mandate of this group
>> more bradly than you.
>
> I agree with you that the mandate of this group is more broadly than you
> thought I'd mean. ;-)
>
> I *don't* think discussions related to the pool, chrony, or even w32time
> are off topic here. In fact I just said "The *discussion* in the news
> group is mainly about the NTP software", just because most postings deal
> with the way ntpd works.
>
>> The pool has become such an integral part of
>> timekeeping using the ntp protocol that discussions of it are not out of
>> place.
>
> I absolutely agree.
>
>> My main problem is that I have not been able--perhaps due to
>> problems with his English-- to figure out what his problem is.
>
> I had the same problem so I tried to get more information to find out
> what he really intended to do.
>
> Even if discussion about the pool is welcome here, I'm not sure if one
> of the pool admins is following this list closely so that they can help
> him quickly to recover the user name and/or password he used originally
> to register his pool server.

If that was his problem, then certainly directing him to the pool
aministrators is the right thing to do. I did not get that that was what
his problem was, but then I had no other theory either.

> Martin
0
William