Motorola Oncore receivers and Leap Second bug

Motorola's announcement, dated 19-Jul-2003, at

  http://www.motorola.com/ies/GPS/docs_pdf/notification_oncore.pdf

says that Oncore VP,UT, GT, and M12 models will report the wrong calendar
date at 11/28/2003 00:00:00 UTC, instead reporting that the date is
11/29/2003 for that single second.

*My* inference is that this will only happen when the Oncore is reporting
UTC (as opposed to GPS) time, but I could be mistaken.

Tim.
0
shoppa
8/10/2003 8:36:29 PM
comp.protocols.time.ntp 4791 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tim Shoppa wrote:
> Motorola's announcement, dated 19-Jul-2003, at
>
>   http://www.motorola.com/ies/GPS/docs_pdf/notification_oncore.pdf
>
> says that Oncore VP,UT, GT, and M12 models will report the wrong calendar
> date at 11/28/2003 00:00:00 UTC, instead reporting that the date is
> 11/29/2003 for that single second.
>
> *My* inference is that this will only happen when the Oncore is reporting
> UTC (as opposed to GPS) time, but I could be mistaken.

If it really only occurs for that single second, I'm not going to worry
about my server:

The 24 hour off time stamp will simply be discarded as obviously bogus,
and then a second later everything will be OK again, right?

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen@hda.hydro.com>

Terje

multiplier of 4 for tcp send-receive buffers ?
Hi. I have a question about the way the AIX 52 kernel handles tcp socket send/receive buffers internally, that I was hoping that someone here would be able to answer. It appears to me as if AIX is using a multiplier of 4 for allocating socket send/receive buffer sizes internally. For example, when I set a sockets send/receive buffer using setsockopt to 65536 (or just let the program use the system default of tcp_sendspace/tcp_recvspace) everything appears to work as expected. The setsockopt completes without errors, and getsockopt returns the exact same amount as I have set. However, when...

screen randomly goes blank for 1-2 seconds
Just built a PC using an ASUS K8S-MX motherboard and Sempron 2600/64 skt754 cpu. Board has onboard graphics and uses an SIS chipset. After installing Windows XP sp2 and getting everything up and running the PC has one annoying problem. Every so often the screen will go blank for about 1-2 seconds, almost like it was changing video mode. I have checked all power management settings to make sure there isn't a setting causing this. I use a 17 inch TFT monitor and the onboard graphics are set to 64 meg in the BIOS. Thinking this could be a problem with the SIS chipset or a driver ...

How to get the time seconds UTC
Hi , I want to get the system time seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' On the Linux I can use "date +%s", but I find the date command without %s parameter on Irix, Who can tell me how to get the seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' on Irix. Thanks a lot, Bill "billchen" <billchen@gentek.com.cn> wrote in message news:c7dd66f1.0311060030.12893975@posting.google.com... > Hi , > I want to get the system time seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 > UTC' > On the Linux I can use "date +%s", but I find the date command withou...

Dirt cheap infrared transmitter? (receiver not needed)
In a few days I am releasing onto SourceForge a piece of Open Source software (GPL), that controls a Robosapien robot. Currently the software supports a $50 USB infrared transceiver. The current supported transceiver is an excellent product, but I am hoping to find a dirt cheap alternative for my users; especially since there is no cost for the software. I do not need any IR receiving or learning capability at all, only transmit. A serial port device instead of a USB port device is fine, if that would reduce the cost. Note: I am looking for a fully assembled unit from a reliable ...

[ace-bugs] SOCK_Acceptor patch

Second Query Question
Greetings again: The databade we are using at the office here has an Access 2002 front end (client) on each user's work station. The data tables are stored on the server located elsewhere in our office. Each client links to the tables on that server allowing shared access by the 25 users we have here. Is there a way to have the queries run on the server side, the back end, rather than on each individual client? I have not found a way to link queries stored server side like a shared resource, though I have been told it is possible. Is it possible? How is it done? Thanks again ...

Send/Receive using MPI_Type_struct
Hi all, I'm trying to send and receive a structure array "TABLE". I tried using MPI_Type_struct but I got "Segmentation fault" when the processor (P1) is supposed to receive the structure. Assuming there are only 2 processors, my program is as follows: #include <stdio.h> #include <mpi.h> typedef struct { int previ; int prevj; int prevrank; double value; }TABLE; void Build_derived_type(TABLE *cell, MPI_Datatype *stable) { int block_lengths[4]; MPI_Aint displacements[4]; MPI_Aint addresses[5]; MPI_Datatype typelist[4]; typelist[...

Motorola's New Additions to Motorola DCT3080 and Motorola DCC100
New additions to set-top product line underscore the Motorola commitment to all-digital broadcasting. http://technology-post.com/tech/?p=636 ...

[News] OpenSUSE Receives Google Funds for GNU/Linux Projects

dsl and fax receiving on analog modem?
Hello, I have had dsl for about two years. The service has worked fine we have been able to have internet traffic and receive faxes through a analog modem simultaniously. Reciently, with in the last 2 - 3 weeks we have lost this ability. We can send faxes simultaniousaly but are not able to receive simultaniousaly. We spoke to our isp and the provider of the telephone line. Both parties say that their service has nothing to do with our problem. I don't think we have donHello, I have had dsl for about two years. The service has worked fine, I have been able to have internet traffic and r...

Motorola DSP memory troubles
Hello In my code I have the following statement memcpy( dest, src, size ); dest and src are UWord16*. When I run the program with the codewarrior debugger, everything goes fine. When I run without debugger, the memcopy does not succeed. (I've seen it because I have some leds to debug) any experiences?? Regards Steven Cool >In my code I have the following statement > > memcpy( dest, src, size ); > >dest and src are UWord16*. > >When I run the program with the codewarrior debugger, everything goes fine. >When I run without debugger, the memcopy does n...

[ace-bugs] ACE_Time_Value truncation on assignment
--_000_B123726B195B6C4C99D665E7C50C7C9A08F45B91A7mxe1_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ACE VERSION: 6.0.0, 6.0.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: x64, Windows 7. winsock2.h TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Microsoft Visual C++ (Visual Studio 2005) THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: ace/config-win32.h THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE Not relevant ...

Second account root

Bug in expr?
The following behaviour is confusing me: Tcl/Tk 8.4.x: expr 8.45 * 100 845.0 Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 expr 8.45 * 100 844.9999999999999 I could not find anything about it in the release notes nor in the news groups. Torsten Torsten wrote: > The following behaviour is confusing me: > > Tcl/Tk 8.4.x: > expr 8.45 * 100 > 845.0 > > Tcl/Tk 8.5.2 > expr 8.45 * 100 > 844.9999999999999 > > I could not find anything about it in the release notes nor in the news > groups. No bug, 8.5 is returning the correct value -- 8.4 was "rounding" it w...

when change ntp servers, log print "localhost: timed out, nothing received"
When I change ntp servers by "toish setobject cfg.ntp.servers 192.168.1.101" in linux, ntp server print logs "localhost: timed out, nothing received", the ntp server change fails. Why is that ? Appreciate so much for your help. catherine.wei1989@gmail.com writes: > When I change ntp servers by "toish setobject cfg.ntp.servers 192.168.1.101" > in linux, ntp server print logs "localhost: timed out, nothing received", the > ntp server change fails. Why is that ? > Appreciate so much for your help. What sort of 'restrict' li...

wxStandardPaths, bug or feature? (wxMSW, 2.6.0)
Hi, the wxStandardPaths functions are not static according to the source, and they are according to the docs. Which one is true? (I believe that the source is primary, but I doubt if constructions like wxStandardPaths S; m_FileDirectory = S.GetUserDataDir(); are really necessary. If they are, the docs shall be changed.) Janos --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:16:37 +0200 "VE...

Windows 7 licenses sold at the rate of 8 per second over the last 2 years
"Today, Microsoft has announced quite the milestone for Windows 7: since its launch in October 2009, a full 450 million licenses have been sold. The numbers are somehow more impressive when broken down; just a hair over 650,000 licenses are sold each day." http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/13/microsoft-sold-450-million-copies-of-windows-7/ 4,592,000 per week 656,000 per day 27,333 per hour 456 per minute 8 per second MS is doomed. "DFS" <nospam@dfs.com> schreef in bericht news:jehhd3$ohc$4@dont-email.me... > "Today, Microsoft has announced quite the mi...

Re: SUM statement paradox (bug)? #6
Tim, I do not see how the superfluity of explicitly retaining an auto-retained variable makes it excusable for the compiler to fail to initialize a SUM statement variable to 0 when the documentation clearly and unambiguously says that that is what it does without any ifs, ands, or buts. Of course it is natural (and logical) that any variable identified by the compiler in a data set descriptor is initially set to missing, and if it is not subsequently populated at the execution time, they will remain null, which is easy to prove by, say, data _null_ ; put _all_ ; stop ; set sashelp....

How to receive SMS on J2ME?
Hi everyone! I am working on Eclipse 3.1 and testing communicationm between SMS and J2ME. Is it possible to receive SMS on J2ME? Standard J2ME does not provide this functionality for security reasons. However, some manufacturers include SMS functionality in their own APIs. I'm not really sure which ones though. Remon van Vliet "com" <poserpro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143537952.704999.275150@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi everyone! I am working on Eclipse 3.1 and testing communicationm > between SMS and J2ME. Is it possible to receive SMS on J2ME?...

Motorola Bluetooth
Has anyone managed to use a Motorola V 525 bluetooth phone with Mac OS X and iSync? If not does the USB data cable work? I want to transfer photo's and ringtones to and from my iMac. Thanks, Adam Standen ...

Client only receive a white page when sending a fax whit WinXP
I use the fax in WinXP for sending some documents to my clients (just a cover page and a word (.DOC) document). But one of my client only receive a white page. On my side Windows say that the fax was sent succesfully. Every time i send him a fax he only receive a white page. Did someone have a idea why this happen? ...

one for the bug bin :)
Unless it has allready been reported. Ok, saving package fails when following conditions are met: - package contains layout manager - package contains presenter that has attached view that uses above mentioned layout manager - you add an instance variable to the layoutmanager it walksback while checking some dependencies prior to save, and doing some STB-ing (which in turn probably bangs because instance layout of the layout manager has changed for the new var) rush -- http://www.templatetamer.com/ Rush, > Unless it has allready been reported. > > Ok, s...

which 2.6 linux PPS API for oncore modules??
I have just got an ONCORE VP and am trying to tie it to my Mandrake 2.6.8.1 distrib with ntp 4.2.0. I have reconfigured, with ./configure --enable-ONCORE and connected it to my homegrown pc's serial port 1 with the modules PPS output is cabled to the DCD line. I have the links: [root@quark dev]# ls -l oncore* lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Aug 8 15:11 oncore.pps.1 -> ttyS1 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Aug 8 15:10 oncore.serial.1 -> ttyS1 and ntp.conf lines:- server 127.127.30.1 fudge 127.127.30.1 stratum 0 refid VP-1 my ntp.oncore.1 config file has [root@quark dev]# cat /etc/ntp...

Re: [ace-bugs] ACE_OS::SOCKET has memory leak ?
Hi Richard, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: >> 5.4.1 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Windows XP >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> VC6.0 + SP5 >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: >> #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 >> #include "ace/config-win32.h" >> >> CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unles...

Android powered motorola Xoom goes Boom
BAWAWWWAWAAAAA!!!!! Another linux powered device fails miserably!!!!! So who is going to refund the $899 to the poor suckers who bought this piece of shit and are now stuck with a expensive paper weight? http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2011/03/30/one-month-on-developers-still-ignoring-android-tablets/ A month after the launch of the Motorola Xoom, which runs on Google's Android operating system, developers are all but ignoring Android tablets. "Based on my criteria, I found 20 apps in the Android Marketplace for the Motorola Xoom. There are reports that Motorola has canceled ...