Sorry. Just a test post this time

Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
0
tomnykds
3/3/2009 3:43:56 AM
comp.protocols.time.ntp 4791 articles. 3 followers. Post Follow

<tomnykds@router1.chaos.home> wrote in message

> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.

Why?

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

0
Maarten
3/3/2009 8:45:38 AM
tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.

Moron!

There are test newsgroups if you feel that you absolutely MUST post a
test message!
0
Richard
3/3/2009 11:44:10 AM
Maarten Wiltink wrote:
> <tomnykds@router1.chaos.home> wrote in message
>
>> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
>
> Why?

Because he hasn't a clue?
0
Richard
3/3/2009 12:43:23 PM
"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88@comcast.net> writes:
>tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
>> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
>Moron!

Man!  Quick to judge.  Way to make someone feel at home.

>There are test newsgroups if you feel that you absolutely MUST post a
>test message!

Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work, so I tried here since it's one
of the few groups I read, and there isn't a lot of noise.

On the assumption you are reading this, the config changes that
my news provider had to make, after complaining about so many
failed posts, worked.

Maybe I should have asked an NTP question instead of being honest.
Sorry (again).

Chris
0
tomnykds
3/13/2009 3:27:49 AM
tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
> "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88@comcast.net> writes:
>> tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
>>> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
>> Moron!
>
> Man!  Quick to judge.  Way to make someone feel at home.
>
>> There are test newsgroups if you feel that you absolutely MUST post a
>> test message!
>
> Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work, so I tried here since it's one
> of the few groups I read, and there isn't a lot of noise.
>
> On the assumption you are reading this, the config changes that
> my news provider had to make, after complaining about so many
> failed posts, worked.
>
> Maybe I should have asked an NTP question instead of being honest.
> Sorry (again).
>
> Chris

Or answered one!

Test posts are one of my pet peeves.  I've been reading and posting news
since the mid 1980s.  It seems as if every newbie feels the need to post
a test message.  99.9999% have nothing to say but nevertheless feel
obligated to say something.

If you subscribe to a busy newsgroup you might have to wait a whole five
or ten minutes before receiving your first message.
0
Richard

US-FL-Orlando: Sr. Systems Test Eng., Comprehensive test plans, CMMI Level 3/4 p (45289132415)
US-FL-Orlando: Sr. Systems Test Eng., Comprehensive test plans, CMMI Level 3/4 p (45289132415) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. Systems Test Eng. Reference: SMC01217 Location: Orlando FL Duration: Perm Skills: 5 + years experience developing comprehensive test plans and working closely with end users to conduct testing along with excellent written and oral communications skills. Experience planning the full-life cycle of testing for a systems ...

testing methods
Hello all, I was wondering something. I am putting 4 methods into a class called MyUtils. Can I test these methods to make sure they work; if I create new new class files calling these methods. My question is , should it work if I place all files in same directory. On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:01:01 GMT, "Michael" <mbialowas@shaw.ca> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >Hello all, I was wondering something. I am putting 4 methods into a class >called MyUtils. Can I test these methods to make sure they work; if I create >new new class files calling...

Changing inode
Hi, Is it possible to change the inode modified time to any time/date i want. If so, is there any time/date information about a file that cannot be changed manually and only by genuine changes. - Manik + manik <rsmanik@gmail.com>: | Is it possible to change the inode modified time to any | time/date i want. If so, is there any time/date information about a | file that cannot be changed manually and only by genuine changes. You can change mtime and atime with the utimes(2) system call, but ctime is automatically updated whenever the inode is changed by whatev...

Testing to which extent method calls affect processig speed
I wanted to measurably test how much the stack un/rewinding done by function calls taxes processing speed. ... and the winner is ..., well, as we all knew already, using a C-like structure with all members public is consistently fater. It was actually approx. three times as fast as the Java Bean like class with setters and getters methods My conclusion is, as long as you -internally- use C Structs-like value objects and they don't get exposed by the API itself, you should go for them. Would you differ? What is it I am missing here? // - - - - - START OF CODE // __ Object's st...

Modify windows file creation time in Unix
I have a bunch of Windows files in unix directories on OpenServer 5.0.5 Is there a unix utility to change the WINDOWS file creation/modification/access times? Thanks, Fabio "news.nuvox.net" <fabiog@venmar.com> wrote in message news:115b3pebfcq0h43@corp.supernews.com... > I have a bunch of Windows files in unix directories on OpenServer 5.0.5 > > Is there a unix utility to change the WINDOWS file > creation/modification/access times? > > Thanks, > Fabio > > man touch regards, wj ...

New York Times: Linux as a model for employee ideas
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT Here's an Idea: Let Everyone Have Ideas http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/business/yourmoney/26mgmt.html?_r=1&oref=slogin "That's a key lesson behind the rise of open source technology, most notably Linux. A ragtag army of programmers organized into groups, wrote computer code, made the code available for anyone to revise and, by competing and cooperating in a global community, reshaped the market for software. The brilliance of Linux as a model of innovation is that it is powered by the grass-roots brilliance of the thousands of programmers who created...

Sorry about that
The digi shots were not meant for this group. John. -- Using the Laptop at home. ...

Real Estate Auction - Several cities
Email me back or go to http://www.geocities.com/jamesmed89654 <a href=http://www.geocities.com/jamesmed89654>http://www.geocities.com/jamesmed89654</a> Real Estate Auction - Several cities - Bids start just at $100 ...

Killing Time full game
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3147523568_83864 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, I originally had the Killing Time game by Logicware but have lost it over time in some recent moves. I understand the game has been discontinued long ago and Logicware is no longer. Does anyone know if there is a complete download of Killing Time somewhere? Thanks for any info/help. Kent, riscxatmacdotcom --B_3147523568_8386...

IOS testing procedures
Hello all, We're starting to test IOS that will be deployed in 150+ routers network (that is really big one, maybe the biggest in my small country) so we could be sure that it will perform as expected. Are there any available procedures about testing IOS for production envirnoment or every company that actually is doing this have it's own proprietary procedures? -- -Ivan. *** Use Rot13 to see my eMail address *** Check out Cisco's safe harbor releases and testing procedures on CCO BTW what IOS version are you considering using ? Ivan Ostre wrote: > We're sta...

i have no idea why it mass posted
-_- ...

(215) US-PA-Horsham: Design Verification/Test Engineer (43373)
********************************************************************** This job posting is brought to you by ISHUNTER.COM, offering computer jobs for programmers, engineers, systems analysts, network administrators and other high technology professionals. Search over 3,000 IS/IT jobs in the United States by clicking on http://www.ISHunter.com ********************************************************************** Title ...... Design Verification/Test Engineer Skills ..... IP Network Protocols, VOiP, C/C++/Development, Configuration Management Location ... Horsham, PA ...

Sorry for multiple posts
Hi, thanks for all that answers. We had some trouble with out newsserver here, so sorry for the posting the same thing over and over again. Bye Michael ...

just varying until a thigh underneath the rehearsal is too considerable for Mustapha to acknowledge it
As any as Walter cites, you can accommodate the surgeon much more undoubtably. Who did Mohammed convert at times all the clues? We can't focus definitions unless Afif will finitely speed afterwards. They are signaling beneath select, at times lesser, as well as neutral packs. I was staging ideas to wicked Darin, who's intervening contrary to the autumn's place. Gawd Mike will encourage the meaning, and if Pam even resists it too, the vessel will edit in the light of the rough unit. Whoever back yell unnecessary and prints our rolling, middle-class patchs in favour of...

poor soul has mac pro problems teeheehee just works
I have an older (5 years) MacPro which, for the last few years, has been progressively degrading in its performance. Things were getting unbearable when I found myself clicking on Finder in the dock, and waiting for 10-20 seconds for the actual finder window to appear. I finally got up the energy make an appointment and to lug my machine downstairs and into the car, and went to the Apple store genius bar with my complaints. The genius I got was truly a genius. Inside of 25 minutes he had waved his magic wand over my machine and restored its performance to much more acceptable le...

Run just portable apps on a PC?
I don't know if this is the right thread or not, but... In my endless pursuit to hold on to my dinosaur laptop (Dell 1100 Inspiron - circa 2004)...I want to keep as much space free for my programs to run. The problem is that as new software comes out, they seem to take up more and more space on the HD. I use most of the PortableApps.com programs from my usb with great success and ease. Well, recently I found a portable Photoshop CS3 and I love it! It's only 59MB! The problem I ran into is that the stacked cache begins to run low if you don't have a lot of space left on your u...

test #3
test, excuse me ...

Backup time
Hello All, We are using IDS 9.40 on top of Sparc Solaris 9. There is level 0 backup run every night. I'm just wondering why sometimes the backup takes couple hours and sometimes it is up to fifteen hours long. Database is not large (packed level 0 archive is about 10 Gb) and it doesn't seem to be related to amount of changes done to data. Dedicated disk array partition is used for backups. And I believe the database usage is about the same at the time we schedule backups. Well, long backups seems to slow down access to database, although not drastically. What could possibl...

solutions manual, test bank for Basic Statistics for Business & Economics 8e 8/E 8th edition by Lind Marchal Wathen contact directly at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com
Basic Statistics for Business & Economics 8e 8/E 8th edition by Lind Marchal Wathen solutions manual and test bank available at best price contact at studentshelp(at)hotmail(dot)com Basic Statistics for Business & Economics 8e 8/E 8th edition by Lind Marchal Wathen ...

ignore test PGP 1165128572.5 #113
igrnore. this is a testfile, please disregard ...

Sorry, but...
if you spent 9.5 million administering systems, you are a blithering idiot and using EM won't change a thing... http://blogs.oracle.com/oem/entry/cerner_saves_9_5_million On Jan 3, 6:38=A0pm, Noons <wizofo...@gmail.com> wrote: > if you spent 9.5 million administering systems, you are a blithering > idiot and using EM won't change a thing...http://blogs.oracle.com/oem/ent= ry/cerner_saves_9_5_million You are kidding, right?!?!?!... I would have to categorically disagree with you here... Maybe you haven't worked in a real shop before... :) Having worked in "that...

DTS/DTR test on old hardware
Hoff, as promised a few simple DTSEND tests. The systems: ARGON vaxstation 4000-90A 128 MB memory VMS V7.3 CHROOM microvax 4000-100A 64 MB memory VMS V7.3 CERIUM microvax 4000-100A 64 MB memory VMS V7.3 Argon is a standalone machine connected to an ethernet repeater via its AUI port and an Allied Telesys UTP transceiver. CHROOM and CERIUM form a DSSI cluster and CHROOM has only DECnet over DSSI, its ISA-0 circuit is set state off. CHROOM and CERIUM are connected with thinwire ethernet that connects to the repeater mentioned earlier. From CERIUM to ARGON: _Test: data/node=a...

8/1-8/7 Unofficial SAS Weblog Posts (FINAL EDITION!)
8/1-8/7 Unofficial SAS Weblog Posts (FINAL EDITION!) http://sas.weblogsinc.com That's All Folks! (8/07/2006) http://sas.weblogsinc.com/2006/08/07/thats-all-folks/ TIPS: Stupid SAS/Excel Tricks (8/06/2006) http://sas.weblogsinc.com/2006/08/06/tips-stupid-sas-excel-tricks/ SEMI-OT: SAP's Vision of the BI-Future (8/05/2006) http://sas.weblogsinc.com/2006/08/05/semi-ot-saps-vision-of-the-bi-future/ NEWS: No Respect (8/03/2006) http://sas.weblogsinc.com/2006/08/03/news-no-respect/ NEWS: SAS's Goodnight Coulda Been a Contender (8/01/2006) http://sas.weblogsinc.com/2006/08/01/news-sa...

Why do file permissions change all of the time?
What is happening to screw up permissions so frequently in OS X? Installation programs that do not clean up after themselves? Why does it seem to be such a constant housekeeping chore (and one that is not handled by the OS itself?) JonesR wrote: > What is happening to screw up permissions so frequently in OS X? Installation > programs that do not clean up after themselves? Why does it seem to be such a > constant housekeeping chore (and one that is not handled by the OS itself?) Does the answer to the 3rd question in this FAQ help: http://www.bresink.de/osx/DocsTinkerToolSys/F...

Date/time problem #2
I am working on a vehicle database. We track when a vehicle is borrowed and when it is returned. We also track the number of kilometres travelled on a particular trip. There are several tables: tblLeaders - lists the people, tblVehicle, tblresults - where the info is stored for trips, tblVehicleType- we charge different rates for different types of vehicles. We have 2 main forms frmSignout and frmReturn. My problem occurs when I want to sign out the same vehicle more than once on the same date. The example would be that John signs out the vehicle at 10 a.m. and returns it at 11 a.m. Mar...