Sorry. Just a test post this time

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
0
Reply tomnykds 3/3/2009 3:43:56 AM

See related articles to this posting


<tomnykds@router1.chaos.home> wrote in message
news:3af3f$49aca77c$47c546f2$29404@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.

Why?

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

0
Reply Maarten 3/3/2009 8:45:38 AM

tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.

Moron!

There are test newsgroups if you feel that you absolutely MUST post a 
test message!
0
Reply Richard 3/3/2009 11:44:10 AM

Maarten Wiltink wrote:
> <tomnykds@router1.chaos.home> wrote in message
> news:3af3f$49aca77c$47c546f2$29404@news.flashnewsgroups.com...
> 
>> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
> 
> Why?
> 

Because he hasn't a clue?
0
Reply Richard 3/3/2009 12:43:23 PM

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88@comcast.net> writes:
>tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
>> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
>Moron!

Man!  Quick to judge.  Way to make someone feel at home.

>There are test newsgroups if you feel that you absolutely MUST post a 
>test message!

Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work, so I tried here since it's one
of the few groups I read, and there isn't a lot of noise.

On the assumption you are reading this, the config changes that
my news provider had to make, after complaining about so many
failed posts, worked.

Maybe I should have asked an NTP question instead of being honest.
Sorry (again).

Chris
0
Reply tomnykds 3/13/2009 3:27:49 AM

tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
> "Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88@comcast.net> writes:
>> tomnykds@router1.chaos.home wrote:
>>> Just testing.  I'm expecting this to fail to post anyway.
>> Moron!
> 
> Man!  Quick to judge.  Way to make someone feel at home.
> 
>> There are test newsgroups if you feel that you absolutely MUST post a 
>> test message!
> 
> Yeah, I tried that, and it didn't work, so I tried here since it's one
> of the few groups I read, and there isn't a lot of noise.
> 
> On the assumption you are reading this, the config changes that
> my news provider had to make, after complaining about so many
> failed posts, worked.
> 
> Maybe I should have asked an NTP question instead of being honest.
> Sorry (again).
> 
> Chris

Or answered one!

Test posts are one of my pet peeves.  I've been reading and posting news 
since the mid 1980s.  It seems as if every newbie feels the need to post 
a test message.  99.9999% have nothing to say but nevertheless feel 
obligated to say something.

If you subscribe to a busy newsgroup you might have to wait a whole five 
or ten minutes before receiving your first message.
0
Reply Richard 3/13/2009 2:59:25 PM
comp.protocols.time.ntp 4711 articles. 3 followers. Post

5 Replies
196 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19


  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sorry for test posting
just want to know I can post to this newsgroup -- Tetsuji Rai (in Tokyo) aka AF-One (Athlete's Foot-One) Born to be the luckiest guy in the world! May the Force be with me! http://www.geocities.com/tetsuji_rai http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=view_feedback&id=1855 fax: 1-516-706-0320 On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:17:26 GMT, Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji_rai@yahoo.co.jp> wrote: > just want to know I can post to this newsgroup .... test failed, you cant post -- << http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com/ >> While your friend holds you affectionately by ...

just a test post
thanks ...

just a test .sorry
sorry ...

sorry just testing
had some problems with google groups recently. Dirk ...

Just testing ... Sorry!
I needed to test that my setup is OK. Sorry! wildblue_111@hotmail.com (ByrgB) wrote in news:a6e8b14d.0409231727.d47c8b4 @posting.google.com: > I needed to test that my setup is OK. > Sorry! There are test groups for this kind of garbage. -- John MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/ personal page: http://johnbokma.com/ Experienced programmer available: http://castleamber.com/ Happy Customers: http://castleamber.com/testimonials.html JRS: In article <a6e8b14d.0409231727.d47c8b4@posting.google.com...

Just a post test.
Testonly "Lipei" <kickoutboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bpahtc$7kv$1@mail.cn99.com... > Testonly What's wrong with using alt.test for testing? I just want to test the post function. "Peter van Merkerk" <merkerk@deadspam.com> д���ʼ� news:bpaint$1matv6$1@ID-133164.news.uni-berlin.de... > "Lipei" <kickoutboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:bpahtc$7kv$1@mail.cn99.com... > > Testonly > > What's wrong with using alt.test for testing? > > "Lipei" <kickoutboy@hotmail.com> wrote ...

sorry just testing
just testing ...

sorry for test posting
want to test I can post a message to this newsgroup. ...

test test test test test test
test test test test test test test ...

TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING
TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING TESTING ...

Test
Testing - See? I told you. Today Roadsign spoke these views with conviction for everyone's edification: > Testing - See? I told you. > RS, if you're looking for info or help on PSP, don't spend much time here unless you like Uni and Artist Mike's strange comments. Much more information on cnews.corel.com. -- ATM, aka Jerry ...

Test
Testing - See? I told you. Today Roadsign spoke these views with conviction for everyone's edification: > Testing - See? I told you. > RS, if you're looking for info or help on PSP, don't spend much time here unless you like Uni and Artist Mike's strange comments. Much more information on cnews.corel.com. -- ATM, aka Jerry ...

Test, just a test
Hello. And Bye. -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

Just testing guys, sorry
Fou Fou ... 1 2 3 fouf Just testing guys, sorry ...

Sorry, just a test ignore.
Thanks. ...

test test test test
...

sorry for test posting #2
just want to know I can post a message to this newsgroup -- Tetsuji Rai (in Tokyo) aka AF-One (Athlete's Foot-One) Born to be the luckiest guy in the world! May the Force be with me! http://www.geocities.com/tetsuji_rai http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=view_feedback&id=1855 fax: 1-516-706-0320 ...

Can I post with NO_SPAM_ADDRESS? Just a test.
Just a test. Do not reply. Thanks for your patience. ...

Cnews
Looks like the servers are back up. Gail -- Nightingail's Gallery www.nightingail.com "Nightingail" <gail@nospam.com> wrote in message news:46f418e4$0$18987$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Looks like the servers are back up. > > Gail > > I replied But I dont see any older post arriving "Nightingail" <gail@nospam.com> wrote in message news:46f418e4$0$18987$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Looks like the servers are back up. > > Gail > > > -- > Nightingail's Gallery > www.nightingail.com > Somebody at ...

Sorry about the double post
...

I'm sorry, just for a test
Because of homework, I need to show my teacher that I can use the usenet. So I'm sorry, just for a test. Thanks a lot. Sn2+ wrote: > Because of homework, I need to show my teacher that I can use the > usenet. > So I'm sorry, just for a test. Do you see the difference between writing empty posts on USENET and actually making good use of USENET?? -- Phlip http://www.greencheese.us/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!! ...

It's just a test.. sorry
sorry ...

Test post and long time no see
Long time, no see. Finally enough time to actually do something again. Not been away from computers but time has been a premium. Nice to see you all alive and kicking even if there seems to be a lot more spam here these days. -- guess who (aka the shingouz) On May 1, 6:38 am, shingouz <shingouz.INVA...@hotpop.com> wrote: > Long time, no see. > > Finally enough time to actually do something again. Not been away from > computers but time has been a premium. Nice to see you all alive and kicking > even if there seems to be a lot more spam here these days...

Cnews
Looks like the servers are back up. Gail -- Nightingail's Gallery www.nightingail.com "Nightingail" <gail@nospam.com> wrote in message news:46f418e4$0$18987$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Looks like the servers are back up. > > Gail > > I replied But I dont see any older post arriving "Nightingail" <gail@nospam.com> wrote in message news:46f418e4$0$18987$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Looks like the servers are back up. > > Gail > > > -- > Nightingail's Gallery > www.nightingail.com > Somebody at ...