unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING

Have installed Meinberg NTP installation on Windows XP. Works fine on install but fails to start when PC rebooted. Looking through the event log there is the error:

unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING

I get this if I try to start service manually and I can't see any obvious services that are likley to interfere.

Running installer again starts the service.
0
martin

On 15/10/13 12:06, martin.d.price@gmail.com wrote:

> unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING

Have you disabled w32time?

0
David

#if 0?0?0:0:0
The following 4-lines source fragment test.c (fourth line empty) #if 0?0?0:0:0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} cause: test.c(1) : fatal error C1017: invalid integer constant expression when compiled by cl.exe aka "Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for 80x86". On the other hand this compile and runs fine. #if 0?(0?0:0):0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} Did I hit a but it this compiler's preprocessor? Francois Grieu On 3/30/2010 12:47 PM, Francois Grieu wrote: > The following 4-lines source fr...

(= 0/0 0/0)
Hi, shouldn't > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL or > (= 0/0 0/0) => T instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different from 1/0, which is the non-existent number n such that 1 x n = 0. The actual result of that expression depends of what you think 0/0 is. I personally feel that 0/0 is any number n such that 0 x n = 0, that is all numbers. hal9@cyberspace.org (Hal Niner) writes: > Hi, > > shouldn't > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL > > or > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => T > > instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different fro...

0,0 not 0,0
hi all, i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a point on the grid i get the same readings for both drawings however, when i xref one into the other or both into a new drawing they come in in different locations. i've checked they're both using world UCS and the same units. any ideas? i thought with autocad 0,0 was always 0,0? cheers rob "Coro, Rob" <RE-Coro@bdp.co.uk> schrieb: >hi all, > >i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a >point on the grid i get the same readings for both drawings however, >when i xref one into the other or both into a new drawing they come in >in different locations. i've checked they're both using world UCS and >the same units. any ideas? i thought with autocad 0,0 was always 0,0? UCS? INSBASE? Tom Berger -- ArchTools: Architektur-Werkzeuge f�r AutoCAD (TM) ArchDIM - architekturgerechte Bema�ung und H�henkoten ArchAREA - Fl�chenermittlung und Raumbuch nach DIN 277 Info und Demo unter http://www.archtools.de insbase, that's the bugger. thanks tom rob -----Original Message----- From: Tom Berger [mailto:berger@archtools.de] Posted At: 13 July 2004 12:24 Posted To: autocad Conversation: 0,0 not 0,0 Subject: Re: 0,0 not 0,0 "Coro, Rob" <RE-Coro@bdp.co.uk> schrieb: >hi all, > >i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. wh...

IP 0.0.0.0/0
Hi Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Thanks in advance! The Dude In article <Jp6Hg.458762$IK3.24918@pd7tw1no>, The Dude <The Dude@thedu.de> wrote: >Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Urrr -- 0.0.0.0/0 is the *entire* IPv4 address range, and 0.0.0.0/32 is just the single IPv4 address 0.0.0.0. For any given network, the lowest address in the network is reserved. Historically, the lowest address was one of the two allowed choices for the broadcast address; later, the broadcast a...

0.0**0 = ?
I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors (different vendors do different things, unhappily). Thanks, Joost Joost VandeVondele wrote: > I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as > per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors > (different vendors do different things, unhappily). > > Thanks, > > Joost Surely, 0.0**0.0 is mathematically undefined? Therefore, I wouldn't expect the standard to make any pronouncement about the ...

Simplifying {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}
Hello, In brief: Is there a way that I can specify that "X" is a matrix and will resolve to zero when dot multiplied with a vector of zeros? I'm constructing a swathe of expressions that contain things like (when expanded): {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}, where X is an arbitrary (well, positive definite) square matrix of obvious size, and I'd like to be able to have mathematica simplify that for me without much intervention. My only option at the moment is to manually perform the replacements {{0, 0, 0}.X._ -> 0, _.X.{0, 0, 0} -> 0} (the left and right vectors won...

"some\0\0\0\0\0\0"
can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' them with zeros ? or this is not guwranteed to work? need that for assuring that strings for example arepadded to some amount of bytes thus using fast compare which only checks some amount of data and do not bother for checking ends, etc 9you know what i mean) On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:30:19 -0700, fir saw fit to publish the following: > can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' > them with zeros ? Yes you can. (I feel SOOO presidential right now) > or this is n...

0:0:0:0:phone
Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to mean? MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote: > Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone > > where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to > mean? That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY port. Block that IP outright. -- Cinemuck, n.: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie thea...

what is the significance of 0.0.0.0
is this the default gateway of whole internet. or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. please explain it pragmatically with regards novice wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards Written that way, it's nothing more than an IP address. On 10/04/2010 02:53 PM, novice wrote: > is this the default gatewa...

make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Hi, I installed Apache on win2000 Server and everything worked fine. After restarting the machine it didnt come up anymore. THe eventlog said: The Apache service named reported the following error: >>> (OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 The Apache service named reported the following error: >>> no listening sockets available, shutting down . EitherIIS is not running, nor Kazza or skype. can someone help me to fix this problem ? Rolf ...

*.so , *.la , *.a , *.so.0.0.0 , *.so.1.0.0 ...
I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where I can find information about these extensions in details. regards, Onkar onkar <onkar.n.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux > system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other > extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where > I can find information about these extensions in details. Sorry, but you're in the wrong group with this. This group is about the C programming language, but what you want to know is something concerning the naming conventions for some types of files under Linux which is completely unrelated to C. You probably will find much more help in a newsgroup dedicated to programming under Linux, e.g. comp.os.linux.development.apps, or a group for programming under Unix, comp.unix.programmer (since your question is actually not Linux specific). Regards, Jens -- \ Jens Thoms Toerring ___ jt@toerring.de \__________________________ http://toerring.de onkar wrote: > I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux > system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other > extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where > I can find informati...

How to interpolate a [0 0 0 1 0 0 ...0 1 0 0 0 ...0 0] vector please help
dear friends, i have t vector; t=linspace(0,.00007,76); k vector is [0 0 0 1......1 0 0 ..], its like all zeros except two 1`s, on a different time instants. when i apply this command ; k=interp1(tau,k,t); tau is also the same as t. one question is that,do we need to interpolate the vector k from one time vector to another of the same length? as here length(t)=length(tau). second question is that when i apply this command, the vector k is returned as a single entry???? please help me on this one. thanks "salman " <salmanabdullah9@gmail.com> wrote in message <iujd42$s...

Re: Simplifying {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}
Hi Jens, and others, On Mar 7, 6:10 pm, Jens-Peer Kuska <k...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote: > Hi, > > X /: Dot[X, a : {0 ..}] := a > > will help. Ah! TagSet, I get it; very useful. Mathematica is rather amazing. Its syntax is more flexible than I can imagine, coming from another system & TeX. Thanks all, Will ...

Problem: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Hi, When installing Apache 2.0, I get the following error message in the DOS command prompt. (32548)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down. The Apache HTTP Server instance does not exist in Services. I don't know how to solve this problem. I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance! Ben. do u have IIS installed and running? "Ben" <blam_mo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5eba615e.0403311745.1497d...

Problem: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Hi, When installing Apache 2.0, I get the following error message in the DOS command prompt. (32548)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down. The Apache HTTP Server instance does not exist in Services. I don't know how to solve this problem. I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance! Ben. do u have IIS installed and running? "Ben" <blam_mo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5eba615e.0403311745.1497d...

recvfrom, source address 0.0.0.0
Hi, Is there a way I can pick UDP packets(data) through recvfrom call on a UDP socket, when the source IP address is 0.0.0.0 in the UDP packet. Right now, those packets are coming to my system(seen on tcpdump), but somehow not reaching the application. Thanks in advance. - Angshuman In article <1161300294.819453.188430@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, am.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way I can pick UDP packets(data) through recvfrom call on a > UDP socket, when the source IP address is 0.0.0.0 in the UDP packet. > Right now, those pa...

trap source address 0.0.0.0
Hi all i'm using Debian with net-snmp 5.1. If i receive a trap from this host 147.87.19.197 it sends the trap with source address 0.0.0.0 instead of 147.87.19.197. Does somebody know why it is like that? And if i can configure it somewhere. I'm also using net-snmp on RedHat PC's, there it is the version of the rpm package, 5.0.6. It works fine on these PC's, that means they're sending their IP as source address. Thanks for helping Angela HI, I would say that this is correct behavior! You need to get the agent address from the source address when receivi...

Forbid connections on 0.0.0.0 address.
As well as where in a kernel it is possible to forbid to open tcp/udp connections on 0.0.0.0 address? And it is better to insert the handler, type: if (requet_open_addr == ' 0.0.0.0 ') return requet_open_addr = ' 192.168.0.1 '; In comp.os.linux.development.system Pavel Vasilyev <linux@nextmail.ru> wrote in part: > As well as where in a kernel it is possible to forbid to > open tcp/udp connections on 0.0.0.0 address? For inbound connections, the standard place would be /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny > if (requet_open_addr == ...

Bind named to 0.0.0.0 (INADDR_ANY)
Hello, I'm trying to get named to listen on IPv4 0.0.0.0:53 (INADDR_ANY): * http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/academic/class/15441-f01/www/assignments/P2/htmlsim_split/node18.html I've tried: listen-on { 0.0.0.0; }; This gives no binding at all. listen-on { any; }; listen-on { localhost; }; listen-on { localnets; }; These explicitly bind named to the configured local IP addresses. Is there another way to do this? Thanks in advance. -RichardW. System Information * BIND 9.4.2-P1 * Linux 2.6.24 -- Richard Wall Support Engineer ApplianSys Ltd http://www...

Why does python break IEEE 754 for 1.0/0.0 and 0.0/0.0?
I've read over and over that Python leaves floating point issues up to the underlying platform. This seems to be largely true, but not always. My underlying platform (IA32 Linux) correctly handles 1.0/0.0 and 0.0/0.0 according to the IEEE 754 standard, but Python goes out of its way to do the wrong thing. 1/0 is defined by the standard as +Inf and 0/0 is NaN. That's what my platform does for programs written in C. Python apparently checks for division by zero and throws and exception rather than returning the correct value calculated by the underlying platform. Is there any way...

Network 0.0.0.0 needed?
When redistributing a default route learned via EIGRP into BGP it seems the route will not propagate into the BGP table unless you have network 0.0.0.0 configured under BGP. Does anyone know why this is necessary? A safety measure perhaps? Thanks! You can also do this with a "neighbor x.x.x.x default-originate" command under "router bgp" BGP was designed for the Internet, where there is no default-route. Scott "Paul Thompson" <shinobi2@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:v5o2t2dpq2653k37q2ki830dsae2728n5q@4ax.com... > When redistributing a default...

Portably replacing -0.0 with 0.0
So my program has the following function at the moment to replace -0.0 with +0.0 in a function argument: static inline double sign_flat(double v) { if (v == 0.0) return 0.0; return v; } But when compiling with the Intel Compiler icc at optimization level -O2 or higher the above still produces -0.0. This raises two questions: 1. is the compiler free to convert above function into a NOP? 2. does anyone know a work-around or even more suitable formulation to achieve the same? Preferably not some integer operations using signbit since our main system is a Power6 which...

What is the significance of 0.0.0.0 as a gateway?
I have a cable router/firewall for my small LAN, and it allows several computers to access the internet. It is a Linksys BEFSX41DS. My LAN is wired, FWIW. I have looked at the routing table within the router: Routing Table Entry List Destination Mask Gateway Hops Interface 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x 1 WAN x.x.x.x 255.255.252.0 0.0.0.0 1 WAN 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 1 LAN I've obscured my cable modem's unique IP address wi...

route 0.0.0.0 twice
Hi, I some doubts question regarding a Cisco config. In the config I can see the following two lines: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.2 I know that these addresses are active in two interfaces. We had a 2Mbit connection that was upgraded to 4 Mbit. Our ISP told us to add the routes and that with those two routes we would be able to use the two links as one. Is this true with Cisco's CEF? My question is: 1. what's the route selected by the packets? Thanks, NC Nuno Cristelo wrote: > Hi, > > I some doubts question regarding a C...

what is telnet 0.0.0.0 supposed to do?
Hi all. on windows it seems to be an illegal address, on solaris/linux it gives you a login on the localhost. could someone point to some more info on 0.0.0.0 ? yes, I already googled. On Jul 30, 7:08=A0am, adirtymindisajoyforever <getridofthes...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi all. > > on windows it seems to be an illegal address, on solaris/linux it > gives you > a login on the localhost. > > could someone point to some more info on 0.0.0.0 ? In principle, if you mean 0.0.0.0 as a destination address, it could just as well be illegal. I don't t...

Web resources about - unable to bind to wildcard address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING - comp.protocols.time.ntp

WildCards Automotive Service
This page uses frames, but your browser doesn't support them.

Wildcard certificate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In addition, wildcards themselves can have subjectAltName extensions, including other wildcards. For example: The wildcard certificate *.wikipedia.org ...

Wildcard Vidyut (@Vidyut) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Wildcard Vidyut @ Vidyut ...

xip.io: Wildcard DNS for Everyone
One of those “can’t believe no one did this before” ideas. Great service for web developers from 37signals. More info here .

Wildcard - Browse a Better Mobile Web on the App Store on iTunes
Get Wildcard - Browse a Better Mobile Web on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

US oil production marches on while Iran wildcard looms
... at the end of next month. The steady rise in US oil production continues as the dominant supply side issue for the market, while the big wildcard ...

Brett Lee backs Sean Abbott to be World Cup wildcard
Brett Lee says Sean Abbott has the "perfect package" to be Australia's World Cup wildcard and should be picked in the 15-man squad for the tournament. ...

Tomic to play wildcard in Wimbledon opener
Tomic to play wildcard in Wimbledon opener

Roger Federer could face Australian wildcard at Brisbane International, Simona Halep, Maria Sharapova ...
QUEENSLAND tennis battler Ben Mitchell is one win away from a dizzying change of scene in which he would go from sleeping on the floor at his ...

St Louis Cardinals sink Atlanata Braves in MLB wildcard playoff to earn shot at Washington Nationals
Reigning World Series champions St Louis defeated Atlanta 6-3 in a Major League Baseball wildcard playoff game, advancing to a best-of-five playoff ...