Uruguay NTP time error (Summer time error)

For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.

This year in my country was canceled the switch to summer time.

Any idea how to fix this or notify someone to update.

This is the official web site of the presidency.

The repeal of the old decree.

http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf

Thx for your help.
0
Juan

Juan,

Juan Ignacio Pazos wrote:
> For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.
>
> This year in my country was canceled the switch to summer time.
>
> Any idea how to fix this or notify someone to update.
>
> This is the official web site of the presidency.
>
> The repeal of the old decree.
>
> http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf

Please note that NTP doesn't care and knows nothing about local time
zones and summer time.

It just synchronizes the UTC times of computers all over the world, and
each computer has to have a set of rules how to convert this to local time.

In Windows the rules are in the registry, and on Linux and other
Unix-like systems there is the Olson/IANA TZ database whipped with the
operating system. The registry, or the TZ database have to be updated
whenever the rules are changed by a country's government.

The Olson TZ DB is maintained by some volunteers:
https://www.iana.org/time-zones

You can report changes via the tz mailing list:

Regards,

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren
Bad Pyrmont
Germany
0
Martin
10/5/2015 4:16:36 PM
Juan Ignacio Pazos <juan.ignacio.pazos@gmail.com> writes:

>For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.

NTP servers do not care about timezones.  They distribute
the "Coordinated Universal Time".  It is in the client
that convert that time to the local time.  These
are either hardcoded or stored in tables.  Either
the code or the tables need to be updated.

This will needs to be fixed on each and every *client*.

Casper
0
Casper
10/5/2015 4:19:01 PM
El lunes, 5 de octubre de 2015, 14:01:02 (UTC-2), Juan Ignacio Pazos escrib=
i=F3:
> For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.
>=20
> This year in my country was canceled the switch to summer time.
>=20
> Any idea how to fix this or notify someone to update.
>=20
> This is the official web site of the presidency.
>=20
> The repeal of the old decree.
>=20
> http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf
>=20
> Thx for your help.

Thanks for your answers and help.

Regards.
0
juan
10/5/2015 4:42:43 PM
On 2015-10-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
> Juan,
>
> Juan Ignacio Pazos wrote:
>> For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.
>>
>> This year in my country was canceled the switch to summer time.
>>
>> Any idea how to fix this or notify someone to update.
>>
>> This is the official web site of the presidency.
>>
>> The repeal of the old decree.
>>
>> http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf
>
> Please note that NTP doesn't care and knows nothing about local time
> zones and summer time.
>
> It just synchronizes the UTC times of computers all over the world, and
> each computer has to have a set of rules how to convert this to local time.

The tzdata 2015g has the new rules already included. Note that the user
has to download these.

> In Windows the rules are in the registry, and on Linux and other

Which means that on Windows evertime there is change the people affected
have to download an update. Is there a procedure to do so?
> Unix-like systems there is the Olson/IANA TZ database whipped with the
> operating system. The registry, or the TZ database have to be updated
> whenever the rules are changed by a country's government.

Most linux distributions try to keep up with updates to this, but they
may lag a bit. Thus Mageia has the 2015f as their updates.
which appears to already have the Uruguay changes in it.

> The Olson TZ DB is maintained by some volunteers:
> https://www.iana.org/time-zones
>
> You can report changes via the tz mailing list:
>

> Regards,
>
> Martin
0
William
10/5/2015 8:30:13 PM
On 2015-10-05, William Unruh <unruh@invalid.ca> wrote:
> On 2015-10-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
>> Juan,
>>
>> Juan Ignacio Pazos wrote:
>>> For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.
>>>
>>> This year in my country was canceled the switch to summer time.
>>>
>>> Any idea how to fix this or notify someone to update.
>>>
>>> This is the official web site of the presidency.
>>>
>>> The repeal of the old decree.
>>>
>>> http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf
>>
>> Please note that NTP doesn't care and knows nothing about local time
>> zones and summer time.
>>
>> It just synchronizes the UTC times of computers all over the world, and
>> each computer has to have a set of rules how to convert this to local time.
>>

> The tzdata 2015g has the new rules already included. Note that the user
> has to download these.
>

>> In Windows the rules are in the registry, and on Linux and other
>
> Which means that on Windows evertime there is change the people affected
> have to download an update. Is there a procedure to do so?
>> Unix-like systems there is the Olson/IANA TZ database whipped with the
>> operating system. The registry, or the TZ database have to be updated
>> whenever the rules are changed by a country's government.
>
> Most linux distributions try to keep up with updates to this, but they
> may lag a bit. Thus Mageia has the 2015f as their updates.
> which appears to already have the Uruguay changes in it.

However 2015d does not have the fix. So get f or g.

>> The Olson TZ DB is maintained by some volunteers:
>> https://www.iana.org/time-zones
>>
>> You can report changes via the tz mailing list:
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Martin
0
William
10/5/2015 8:53:24 PM
On 05/10/2015 22:30, William Unruh wrote:
> On 2015-10-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
>> Juan,
>>
>> Juan Ignacio Pazos wrote:
>>> For time in Uruguay all servers are providing wrong time.
>>>
>>> This year in my country was canceled the switch to summer time.
>>>
>>> Any idea how to fix this or notify someone to update.
>>>
>>> This is the official web site of the presidency.
>>>
>>> The repeal of the old decree.
>>>
>>> http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf
>>
>> Please note that NTP doesn't care and knows nothing about local time
>> zones and summer time.
>>
>> It just synchronizes the UTC times of computers all over the world, and
>> each computer has to have a set of rules how to convert this to local time.
>>

> The tzdata 2015g has the new rules already included. Note that the user
> has to download these.
>

>> In Windows the rules are in the registry, and on Linux and other
>
> Which means that on Windows evertime there is change the people affected
> have to download an update. Is there a procedure to do so?

They are issued along with the other routine OS updates via "Windows
Update".

Note that on August 18, 2015, Microsoft took the opportunity to
simultaneously release a timezone update (KB3077715) and an unrelated
update (KB3080149) with a title that said it was "UTC" related, and a
release note originally saying it was about "UTC - Universal Time
Coordinated", though it had nothing to do with that at all (it was
about backporting the extremely unpopular UTC - Universal Telemetry
Client from Windows 10).  They have since changed the release note to
be a bit closer to the truth, however by now, most users will have
already decided if they want to install that update or not.

Enjoy

Jakob
Transformervej 29, 2860 S�borg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10
Jakob
10/5/2015 9:04:33 PM
On 05/10/2015 21:30, William Unruh wrote:
> On 2015-10-05, Martin Burnicki <martin.burnicki@meinberg.de> wrote:
[]
>> In Windows the rules are in the registry, and on Linux and other
>
> Which means that on Windows evertime there is change the people affected
> have to download an update. Is there a procedure to do so?
[]

Of course. It's Windows Update.  A regular monthly event.

--
Cheers,
David

time.clock() or time.time()
What's the difference between time.clock() and time.time() (and please don't say clock() is the CPU clock and time() is the actual time because that doesn't help me at all :) I'm trying to benchmark some function calls for Zope project and when I use t0=time.clock(); foo(); print time.clock()-t0 I get much smaller values than when I use time.clock() (most of them 0.0 but some 0.01) When I use time.time() I get values like 0.0133562088013, 0.00669002532959 etc. To me it looks like time.time() gives a better measure (at least from a statistical practical point of view). peterb...

time.time or time.clock
I'm having some cross platform issues with timing loops. It seems time.time is better for some computers/platforms and time.clock others, but it's not always clear which, so I came up with the following to try to determine which. import time # Determine if time.time is better than time.clock # The one with better resolution should be lower. if time.clock() - time.clock() < time.time() - time.time(): clock = time.clock else: clock = time.time Will this work most of the time, or is there something better? Ron On Jan 14, 7:05 am, Ron Ad...

time.time()
am I doing this wrong: print (time.time() / 60) / 60 #time.time has been running for many hours if time.time() was (21600/60) then that would equal 360/60 which would be 6, but I'm not getting 6 so I'm not doing the division right, any tips? On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:01:40 -0500, Bart Nessux <bart_nessux@hotmail.com> wrote: >am I doing this wrong: > >print (time.time() / 60) / 60 #time.time has been running for many hours > >if time.time() was (21600/60) then that would equal 360/60 which would >be 6, but I'm not getting 6 so I'm not doing the divisi...

Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to thinking about Python. The question was, is the statement: time.time() < time.time() always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't Python work this way? (PS, I wasn't smoking anything, its a figure of speech :) ) On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> wrote: > So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to th...

Time limit for NTP to do timing correction??
It is said that there is a limit of the time difference that NTP would correct the timing between the server and client. That is, if the time difference is more than the limit, NTP would just stop its service and quit without doing any time correction. Any one knows what is this limit for NTP Release 4 (for Microsoft Windows NT) ? And, how to change this limit? Cheers :> Crystal wrote: > It is said that there is a limit of the time difference that NTP would > correct the timing between the server and client. That is, if the time > difference is more than the limit, NTP would just ...

Local time and NTP server time
Hello when I specify for example a ntp that is located in a different Time Zone, how ntp records my local time? thx Melanie Pfefer <melanie_pfefer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > when I specify for example a ntp that is located in a different Time Zone, how ntp records my local time? > It doesn't as ntp always uses UTC. Conversion to local time is up to the system. -- Jim Pennino Remove .spam.sux to reply. Melanie Pfefer wrote: > Hello > > when I specify for example a ntp that is located in a different Time Zone, how ntp records my local time? > ...

Re: [ntp:questions] Re: How application get precise time from Win NT/XP system time that synchronies to NTP
----- Original Message Follows ----- > Martin, > > If my application polls the system time once every tick, i.e. 10 > millisecond, can I get nanosecond resolution and accuracy that NTP can > provide? > The simple answer is no way. The more complicated answer is that you would need an real atomic clock directly connected on a machine running a realtime O/S with absolutely no other processes that the absolute essential ones. Windows wouldn't even be in the picture here, it's not designed for what you are asking. What exactly are you trying to do and why? A little ex...

RE: Is time.time() < time.time() always true?
Chris Mellon wrote: > On 21 Nov 2006 15:10:25 -0800, flamesrock <flamesrock@gmail.com> > wrote:=20 >> So, I was blazin' some mad chronix, as they say, and got on to >> thinking about Python.=20 >>=20 >> The question was, is the statement: >>=20 >> time.time() < time.time() >>=20 >> always true? Seems it should be false, since the statement itself >> occurs at one time instant.. but of course we know that python >> doesn't execute code that way.. So my question is, why doesn't >> Python work this way?=...

time in milliseconds by calling time.time()
I am trying to measure some system response time by using the time.time () or time.clock() in my script. However, the numbers I get are in 10s of milliseconds. For example, 1248481670.34 #from time.time() 0.08 #from time.clock() That won't work for me, since the response time may be only a few milliseconds. My environment is Solaris 10 with Python 2.4.4 (#7, Feb 9 2007, 22:10:21). SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc i386 i86pc The tricky thing is, if I run the python interpreter and import the time module, I can get a time floating number in better precision by cal...

GMT time to local time, according to timezone and summer/winter time.
Hi, is there an already made function , or some easy method, where I can convert a gmt time to local time or vice versa. It should also account for Summer and winter time 1 hour differences, apart from that it should support also timezones. Any suggestions before I dive in the coding. David David Joseph Bonnici wrote: > Hi, is there an already made function , or some easy method, where I can > convert a gmt time to local time or vice versa. It should also account for > Summer and winter time 1 hour differences, apart from that it should support > also timezones. Ther...

what happens if ntp server jumps time BIG TIME
Hi, Scenario: - I'm in control of a NTP server and can change the time on this server as I please (this server is "sync'ed to the hw-clock) - I have a client that is sync'ed with the server above (and only that server) What happens if I change the time on the server, lets say 5 years forward? Will the client sync to the server? and If so, how? big leap? small steps? Will the flag "-g" affect how the client reacts to this changes? Yes, I do realise that this scenario is stupid in many ways. Only one server, big time changes on the server etc etc, and I do know how t...

sample time error due to loss in time step precisi
Hi all: This question is about how to determine sampling/frame time correctly. I have a simulink model and set the solver to discrete, variable time step. There are two independent signal sources with different sampling time in this model. And the two signal source combine together after a series process in the same frame time without precision loss. In fact,there is precision loss in calculation of the sampling time/frame time. If the precision loss is under the tolerance of simulink, the model is OK to simulate. Once the precision loss is over the tolerance of simulink, a wrong ...

delta time = time stop
I'm using Python to parse a bunch of s/w test files and make csv files for later report generation by MS ACCESS....(my boss loves the quick turn-around compared to C). Each log file may contain one or more 'sessions', and each session may contain one or more 'nodes'. Each session in the log has an ASCII start and stop time, as does each node. I have the basic parse part done for parameters, errors, etc., but noticed my routine for determining how long each session/node took (delta time) was a bit repetitive, so decided to make a 'stand-alone' routine to handle th...

Can NTP affect the time even when not running? (with platform details this time)
Dear all, My hardware clock used to lose about 1 minute a week so I decided to start using ntp. I had problems with ntp that I haven't been able to resolve, so I have reverted back to just the hardware clock. But the clock now drifts (loses) several hours each day. Is it possible that ntp could have caused this? e.g. a drift parameter set by ntp? Any suggestions much appreciated, PJ Platform: linux Fedora Core 2, kernel 2.6.8-1.521, ntp-4.2.0-7 on NEC Versa LX 400MHz laptop Will post config files and logs if it helps. ___________________________________________________________...

Web resources about - Uruguay NTP time error (Summer time error) - comp.protocols.time.ntp

ARA Uruguay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... Year 1880: Armstrong guns , two 90 mm and one 150 mm. Year 1893: Armstrong guns, two 120 mm and two 66 mm The corbeta ( corvette ) ARA Uruguay ...

Let them swim: Frank Lowy flips bird at Uruguay
Frank Lowy is leaving the building, and he's flipped the bird at Uruguay's soccer team on his way out.

Rugby World Cup 2015: England v Uruguay, live scores, blog, updates, video, highlights, preview
IF ever there was a definition of a ‘no-win’ game, England’s final match of the 2015 Rugby World Cup against Uruguay in Manchester on Sunday ...

Rugby World Cup 2015: England thrashing Uruguay won't save Stuart Lancaster from coaching axe
England ended their World Cup with a meaningless 60-3 rout of Uruguay in Manchester and will now begin their inquest into the calamitous group ...

German-Based Spirea Promotes Decentralized PV Applications In Uruguay
After posting a story about clean energy in Uruguay, we received some interesting info from German-based Spirea GmbH, a boutique cleantech advisory ...

Midday open thread: Robots in aging Japan; Cheney's bust unveiled in Senate; Uruguay's clean energy
... was sculpted by William Behrends of North Carolina, and the Capitol Hill publication Roll Call recently put its cost at about $50,000. Uruguay ...

Former Gitmo detainee arrested on domestic violence charge in Uruguay
Former Gitmo detainee arrested on domestic violence charge in Uruguay

Uruguay Is Putting the World's Largest Carbon Emitters to Shame
... attempt to one-up each other with commitments in Paris this week, one country is quietly snickering from the sidelines. That’d be Uruguay, which ...

'Uruguay, Argentina should host World Cup 2030' - Goal.com
Uruguay and Argentina co-hosting World Cup 2030 is "the most seductive project", according to the AUF president.

Over 100,000 flee flooding in Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay
More than 100,000 people have had to evacuate from their homes in the bordering areas of Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina due to severe ...