Why doesn't the offset in the ntpq table change???

Hello,
I am trying to verify that the offset shown in the "ntpq -c peer" table do
reflect the difference of time between the server and client clocks.  I
found that regardless of how much increase in the difference of time that I
produced by resetting the client clock using the UNIX "date" command, the
offset resulted in the "ntpq -c peer" table remain under 5 milliseconds.  By
the way, as RFC1305 specified, the peer.offset value is half of the sum of
the time it takes for the client to server query and the server to client
response.

Could anyone let me know what is the reason for this?  How would I manually
make the offset shown in the "ntpq -c peer" table to increase?

Thanks.

Edward

0
Tseng