Roxio CD Creator 5 with Windows Server 2003

Hey All,

Anyone have any experiences with Easy CD Creator 5 and WindowsXP
updates with Server 2003? I cant find any information on their
website.

Thanks,
Greg
0
gregho
8/26/2003 11:44:47 PM
comp.publish.cdrom.software 1610 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[This followup was posted to comp.publish.cdrom.software and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

In article <60c4d147.0308261544.550d5ea@posting.google.com>,
gregho@earthlink.net says...
> Anyone have any experiences with Easy CD Creator 5 and WindowsXP
> updates with Server 2003? I cant find any information on their
> website.

  I would doubt that there is official support, or ever will be. Server
2003 came out after EZCD 6. Even EZCD 6 doesn't list Server 2003 as
supported.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
0
Andrew
8/27/2003 9:19:01 PM
..            --------------------------------------
                Mike Richter, were you born with
             "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
             --------------------------------------
              ( Reduced to living off the trash? )
              (    ... my thanks to Tim ...      )

Greg wrote:

> Anyone have any experiences with Easy CD Creator 5 and WindowsXP
> updates with Server 2003? I cant find any information on their
> website.

Had Mikey responded, it might have been similar to these:

======================
From:    Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Re: EZCD 5 and Windows 2K (Very long post, sorry)
Date:    4/29/01

> I installed EZCD 5 on a Win2K server that had been running great for 4 months.
> Bad idea.  This was a backup server with 10 RAS clients connecting to an
> on-line backup software.  This piece of crap tosted all the connections
> somehow. I can log in to the server via RAS but that is as far as I can go.  I
> am looking at a complete reinstall.  I should have known....;-{

The surprising thing is that Roxio tells you what OS's it runs under.

Windows 2000 Professional is named.
Windows 2000 Server is not.

Might that have given you a clue?

======================
From:    Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Re: Roxio and Win2k Server Installation program
Date:    5/12/01

> I try to install from the cd that I bought and I get the following error
> with win2k. "This installation package could not be opened. Contact the
> application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package"
> It works just fine when installed on my Millenium machine so I know it isn't
> the disk.  Any help would really be appreciated.

Have you any reason to believe that the program will run on Win2K
Advanced Server?

Roxio does not support it on that OS and I have no reason to believe
that it will work.

0
smh