eBook Compiler for Palm hand-held ??

..
I'm seeking an eBook compiler that will enable me to auhtor in, say,
HTML or PML (Palm Markup Language) (hyperlinks capability essential)
that will compile the finished product into a stand-alone programme
for use on Palm (and preferrably also Pocket PC) hand-helds.

Ideally, my preferance would be for a programme that does not require
Royalty payments on distributed eBooks.  It's not the Royalty cost
that's the problem:  it's the accounting. Royalties are a headache
(been there, done that).

There are many such compilers for Windows desktop computers - does
anyone know of similar authoring programmes for use in developing
software for hand-helds ?

Note: I'm not interested in anything that requires a special 'Reader'
to view the finished product on a Palm or Pocket PC - the need for
such a proprietory Reader is only an impediment to sales.

Thanks in advance,
David Berghouse
email:  info at microbiz dot com dot au
(you know how to rewrite this)
Note: The email address in the header is no longer valid.
..
0
djbsubs
2/16/2004 2:12:37 AM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I think a little tool can help you. I often download .chm ebooks and
use Pocket CHM to convert .chm ebook to html files that can be read on
Pocket IE. Pocket CHM can rebuild content struct from .chm file and
creat a index file --- as same as the ebooks' index page. And it's
very easy to use. You can download it at http://www.fs3000.com

Regards

djbsubs@ihug.com.au (David) wrote in message news:<99176a6d.0402151812.754a946d@posting.google.com>...
> .
> I'm seeking an eBook compiler that will enable me to auhtor in, say,
> HTML or PML (Palm Markup Language) (hyperlinks capability essential)
> that will compile the finished product into a stand-alone programme
> for use on Palm (and preferrably also Pocket PC) hand-helds.
>
> Ideally, my preferance would be for a programme that does not require
> Royalty payments on distributed eBooks.  It's not the Royalty cost
> that's the problem:  it's the accounting. Royalties are a headache
> (been there, done that).
>
> There are many such compilers for Windows desktop computers - does
> anyone know of similar authoring programmes for use in developing
> software for hand-helds ?
>
> Note: I'm not interested in anything that requires a special 'Reader'
> to view the finished product on a Palm or Pocket PC - the need for
> such a proprietory Reader is only an impediment to sales.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> David Berghouse
> email:  info at microbiz dot com dot au
> (you know how to rewrite this)
> Note: The email address in the header is no longer valid.
> .
0
samuel