POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange off to a strong start

--  ) 36 poets signed on to our 5th annual Great Poetry Exchange since we
announced
   this year's launch on Wednesday. Join in...send your book to someone,
get a book
   from someone else.

   Click on "GREAT POETRY EXCHANGE " from the main Poetry Super Highway menu
   for the details as well as to see the 36 books pledged so far.

THE POETRY  SUPER HIGHWAY  WEEKLY  VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
ISSN: 1523-6587

   February 6 - 12, 2006

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from AUSTIN, TX and PORTLAND, OR

   ~ 4 new poetry and writing related links added this week.

   ~ CHEATING THE SPHINX by HOWARD CAMNER featured this
   week in the Poets of the Week section of the PSH Bookstore.

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS  OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are JOE BLANDA and SU TAYLOR:

   JOE BLANDA (Austin, Texas) has had poems appear in the Texas Poetry
   Calendar 2006, The Austin Writer, and the anthologies of the Houston Poetry
   Fest and the Austin International Poetry Fest. He's also produced
several CDs of
   original music, including "The Moon in the Man" and "Acoustic Muse."

   SU TAYLOR (Portland, Oregon) loves to read good poetry. She is
originally from
   Michigan which may account for her fascination of Plath, Sexton, and
suicidal or
   depressed poets.

   Click on "FEATURED POETS" from the main PSH menu to read their work.

NEW  POETRY SUPER  HIGHWAY  LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's 3 links
   sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to add your
   poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW  INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES  LISTINGS THIS WEEK:

   ~ ANONYMOUS POET.COM, THE
   i am no poet. from within the lifeline of american culture i give you a
modern and
   unique life perspective.

   ~ TOWARDS UNDERSTANDING
   For poetry excerpts & information about Towards Understanding. This book of
   120 poems is written in chronological order. It is a story of survival,
of breaking
   the chains of inner demons, finding value and purpose in life and growing
   towards understanding - but not quite reaching it. The poems also embrace the
   environment and question society. Towards Understanding will reach today's
   female audience because it is a true chronological story of a young woman
   growing through childhood trauma, being independent at age 13, moving through
   healing, finding self-worth and questioning society. I truly believe,
and hope, that
   the book can help others.

   ~ CREATING DREAMS FROM NIGHTMARES OF HELL
   after a life of destructive behaviors, dreams have been found in the
reality of
   sobriety...

   ~ DOGS ON LINOLEUM
   Site Dedicated to the work of the author of "Dogs On Linoleum" Jeffrey M.
   Lewis.

POETRY  SUPER HIGHWAY  BOOKSTORE

   Featured this week in the Poets of the week section of the PSH Bookstore:

   CHEATING THE SPHINX by HOWARD CAMNER

   Cheating the Sphinx is a collection of selected poems by
   Howard Camner. Many of these poems have been published in
   literary journals throughout the U.S. and Great Britain. In
   addition, there are many new works. This collection is a solid
   superb sampling of Camner's bizarre take on things

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super Highway
   AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let me know so
   we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway Bookstore in a new
   section just for former featured poet's books. Write
   books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of the book.

AND SO  ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 676 times since last week.

POETRY  CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the Poetry Super
   Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an e-mail to:
   classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com
   _____

   150 FREE POETRY  CONTESTS: FREE  NEWSLETTER  AND  GUIDE
   Get monthly news about quality free poetry contests and literary resources.
   Subscribe to the free Winning Writers email newsletter. You'll get
access to our
   online guide, The Best Free Poetry Contests, as your gift when you subscribe.
   We'll keep your email address confidential. We've found over 150 quality free
   contests to date. Winning Writers is one of the "101 Best Web Sites for
Writers"
   (Writer's Digest, 2005). Subscribe today at http://www.winningwriters.com/
   _____

   DELIVERY Fictional forays into home grocery service. Making the rounds, a
   student working part-time gets more than bargained for: "Miss Ann Thrope,"
   goings on at the airport; a military retiree who collects classic autos is
   confronted by vandalism ! or worse; a chef seeking to launch a restaurant
   loses his longtime companion but unexpectedly gains an angel.
   http://www.edalbaugh.com/
   _____

   Passager Poetry Contest
   For Writers Over 50

   Deadline: February 15, 2006.
   Reading fee: $20, check or money order payable to Passager
   includes a one-year subscription to Passager (2 issues)
   Winner receives $300 and publication.
   Honorable mentions will be published.
   Submit 3-5 poems, 50 lines max. per poem.
   Include cover letter, bio, SASE for contest results.
   No previously published work.
   No e-mail submissions.
   Send to:
   Passager
   1420 N. Charles Street
   Baltimore, MD 21201
   Questions? E-mail passager@saysomethingloudly.com
   Visit us at http://www.passagerpress.com
   _____

   Announcing the 2nd annual Skysaje Enterprizes Poetry Contest!

   Guidelines:

   1. Entries are being accepted now through April 30th 2006
   2. All poetric forms are eligible: Free verse, lyric, haiku what ever!
   3. All entries must be post marked by April 30th 2006.

   Sorry but we are not accepting on line entries.

   4. a $5.00 us non - refundable reading fee must accompany all entries.

   5. We will be awarding the One hundred dollar prize to someone! Why not you?
   Make checks payable to L. Berger and send them to:

   Skysaje Enterprizes
   50 Amesbury Rd.
   Rochester, New York 14623
   _____

   THE GREAT  AMERICAN  POETRY  SHOW  is a hardcover serial poetry
   anthology open year-round to submissions of poems on any subject, in any
   style and in any number with a SASE. Email poems only from outside USA.
   Simultaneous submissions and previously published poems are welcome.
   Each contributor receives one free copy of the volume in which his/her
   work appears. Volume 2 is now accepting submissions at: The Great
   American Poetry Show, P.O. Box 69506, West Hollywood, California 90069
   (or) info@tgaps.net.

   Please check out our website ( http://www.tgaps.net/ ) where you can also
   preview and purchase a copy of Volume 1 of TGAPS.
   _____

   UNSCRAMBLED    EGGS : Profound and riveting! Awarded Best
   Poetry Book by American Authors Association for 2006. Nominated
   for Muses Prize, (in the Best Poem of Year 2005 category). This is
   Nadia Brown's first book which was released in July 2005. Read
   sample poems, reviews of 'Unscrambled Eggs' and order the book.

   Anthony Liccione, New York: Wherever one turns, words fly out
   and blind the reader. She is truly a gifted writer, brilliant in both mind
   and spirit.  Read this entire review and visit the Writer's Board at
   http://www.nadiabrown.com
   _____

   Participate in The Valentine Peace Project - an effort to expand Valentine's
   Day to express peace, love and community. Poems on this type of love will be
   accepted through the website www.valentinepeaceproject.org and will be
   attached to hundreds of carnations for distribution throughout the city on
   Tuesday, February 14. Schools, artists and youth programs are involved -
   contact us to be a distributor or contribute words of wisdom.
   _____

   Call For Submissions: The Circle Magazine is accepting submissions for
   both the print and online versions. Pays in copies of the quarterly print
   zine. Currently, we are seeking short stories, features and poetry...any
   topic, any style. Also accepting artwork and photographs. We are also
   seeking columnists for the web edition on a variety of subjects. We are
   a literary magazine and respect those working to advance ideas through
   language, preferably without the gratuitous use of obscene language or
   content. Press run is usually between 2,000-5,000+ copies, depending
   on ad revenue.

   E your submissions to circlemag@aol.com or put a stamp on it to:
   The Circle Magazine, 173 Grandview Road, Wernersville, PA 19565.
   More info can be obtained at our site:
   http://www.circlemagazine.com/

   Copies of The Circle can be ordered at the same address...$4.00.

   Direct your poetry submissions to: Michael Clipman, Poetry Editor

   All other submissions to: Penny Talbert, Editor
   _____

   PUT YOUR  POEMS  ON T-SHIRTS!

   (or your pictures, images, website logos, poetry on t-shirts, sweatshirts,
   coffee mugs, and mouse pads, hats, picture frames, lunch boxes, stickers,
   postcards, calendars, frisbees, and more!)

   Set up your store for free and earn commission from every sale or order
   merchandise for yourself or for gifts.

   visit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=rickpoet
   for the details.
   _____

   Please join us for a Dramatic Reading of "Voices in Wartime." This will be
   an evening of entertainment - a poetry slam embodied in the idea of a play
   filled with lights, images, sound, music and the spoken word where you
   will enjoy an all star line-up of gllobal poets, screen talent and a guest
   speaker. The proceeds will go to "An Opening of the Heart Education
   Project" where students are taught to find alternate solutions to conflict.

   EVENT : A Dramatic Reading of "Voices in Wartime"
   LOCATION : Japanese American Cultural and Community Center
   ( http://www.jaccc.org )
   DATE: February 9, 2006
   Time: 7:30 pm
   TICKETS: $37, $40
   BOX  OFFICE: (213) 680-3700 (Mon. - Sat. Noon - 5pm; Sun. Open for
   performances only.)
   DONATIONS:
   http://www.voicesinwartime.org/OpeningOfTheHeart/Donate/Donate.aspx
   _____

   Publish your book from your computer! As little as $1.00 a copy!
   http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional quality,
   perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you lay out yourself
   directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer, lay
   out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft Word,
   Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're ready, you
   print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide ISBN
   and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover design if you
   need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your poetry or
   any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for more info!
   _____

[...]

   I'D LIKE TO BAKE YOUR GOODS: The Poet's Experience on
   His Honeymoon in Paris, Rome and Venice is Rick Lupert's
   latest release and the author's 10th book written during two weeks
   of bliss in the summer of 2004. Read sample poems, order the
   book, and see a picture of the back of the author's wife's head
   here: http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/byg.html
   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

    --

Visit the Travel  Super   Highway    for all of your discount
 airfare needs:   http://TravelSuperHighway.com/