POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange starts Monday

   � SEND A BOOK, GET A BOOK
   The 2010 Great Poetry Exchange (our 9th annual) begins tomorrow night
   at midnight. Watch for the special announcement in your e-boxes with
   all the details and/or click on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main
   PSH Menu starting on February 1st. (Tomorrow night at midnight
   [pacific])

   � PSH LIVE OPEN READING NEXT SUNDAY!
   Tune in, call in, read in...(okay that may have been one too many
   "ins" but the point is that the next PSH Live open reading is next,
   Sunday, February 7 at 2:00 pm (pacific). You're invited to tune in to
   hear the reading as well as call in and read your poetry during the
   live show. Click on PSH LIVE from the main PSH Menu for the details.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 643 - ISSN: 1523-6587

February 1 - 7, 2010

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from ELLIOT LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA and
     ALBANY, NY

   ~ 2 new poetry and writing links added this week.

   ~ EMPTY SHOES: POEMS ON THE HUNGRY AND THE HOMELESS edited by PATRICK
     T. RANDOLPH featured this week in the PSH Bookstore. All profits
     from the sale of this book go to programs helping the hungry and
     homeless.

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Next Reading Feb 7, 2pm (pacific) - Next Week!

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are: RYAN QUINN FLANAGAN and STEPHEN MEAD

   RYAN QUINN FLANAGAN (Elliot Lake, Ontario, Canada,) is a transient by
   nature. He is the author of three books of poetry and a chapbook
   entitled Epicurus Cunnilingus. His work has recently appeared in The
   New York Quarterly, Vallum, Poetry Super Highway, Quills, and The
   Antigonish Review.

   STEPHEN MEAD (Albany, New York) is a published artist, writer and
   maker of short collage-films. Please feel free to put his name in any
   search engine for links to his art, writing and merchandise.

   Click on "POETS OF THE WEEK" from the main PSH menu to read their
   work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK:

   ~ ADAM J. POWELL AUTHOR, SPEAKER, POET
   Adam Powell is an author, speaker, and poet. He is the author of
   Phoenix Origins which has a spiritually inspiring quality. Also check
   out his religious articles and booklets. Powell writes on a number of
   religious topics such as Islam, Christianity, Polygamy, and Creation.

   ~ UNDULATIONS OF THOUGHTS
   Own writing - poetry

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   Featured this week in the PSH Bookstore:

   EMPTY SHOES: POEMS ON THE HUNGRY AND THE HOMELESS editd by
   PATRICK T. RANDOLPH

   151 poems about hunger and homelessness, from 80 poets, many with
   direct experience, such as: Dori Appel, a Red Cross disaster
   volunteer; Mary L. Downs, a volunteer at LEAVEN; Barbara Flaherty,
   former treatment center supervisor; Nancy Gauquier, formerly homeless
   in NY; Randall Horton, a Ph.D. candidate who advocates for the
   homeless and prison reform, having been homeless and in prison;
   Michele Leavitt, a teenage runaway in the 1970s, who later worked as
   a public defender; John J. Quirk, a member of Chicago's Homeless
   Action Committee; Nancy Scott, a social worker who helps find
   housing; and Julian I. Taber, who treated homeless veterans in the
   V.A. Also includes: Ellen Kort, Wisconsin's first Poet Laureate;
   Linda Aschbrenner, publisher of the first 100 issues of Free Verse;
   Pushcart nominees Sharmagne Leland-St. John and Ellaraine Lockie; and
   Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets presidents Jeri McCormick and Lester
   Smith.

   All profits go to programs helping the hungry and homeless.

   Click here for more and to order:
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/144951779X/poetrysuperhighw

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.You can listen to the shows
   through your web browser as well as call in and ask questions live
   through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during the live broadcast.Can't or
   don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the show's
   broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on AIM.If
   you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show by
   visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the show's
   title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through iTunes or
   any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   Upcoming Shows:

   January 2010 Worldwide Open Reading - Next Week!
   Sunday January 10, 2010
   Our January 2010 Show featured poets from Newark, NJ, Eska, MN and
   Portland Oregon, plus a lot of crazy talk about the weather.

   February 2010 Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday February 7, 2010 ~ 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Listen to and participate in our monthly open reading. Call in and
   read your poetry. No content or style restrictions. Hosted by Poetry
   Super Highway's Rick Lupert.

   Recently Archived broadcasts:

   December 2009 Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday December 6, 2009
   Our December 2009 Show featured poets from Orange County, CA, Newark,
   NJ, Sioux St. Marie, Canada, Columbus, OH, Columbia, SC, New South
   Wales, Australia, Santa Monica, CA, Birmingham, AL and Saskatchewan,
   Canada.

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 772 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   TOM HOWARD/JOHN H. REID SHORT STORY CONTEST - CLOSING NEXT MONTH

   18th year. Ten cash prizes totaling $5,550. Top prize $3,000. Seeks
   short stories, essays and other works of prose, up to 5,000 words.
   Winning entries published online. Both published and unpublished work
   accepted. Fee per entry is $15, payable to Winning Writers. Postmark
   deadline: March 31. Judges: John H. Reid, Dee C. Konrad. Submit
   online or mail to Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard Short Story
   Contest, 351 Pleasant Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060. Winning
   Writers is one of the "101 Best Websites for Writers" (Writer's
   Digest, 2005-2009). More information:

   http://www.winningwriters.com/tomstory

   _____

   Re)verb � Last Call for Submissions!

   . . . and we�re breaking character and accepting email submissions.
   We feel snail mail submissions lead to better quality writing, but
   PLEASE, PROVE ME WRONG.

   Email (editor@rvpress.net) your submission for Re)verb Issue 6 in the
   body of an email. But please do me a favor, include everything you
   would with a snail mail submission: name, postal address, a short
   note to say hello (very important to me), a quick bio and 3 to 5 of
   your BEST UNPUBLISHED poems. And please, pass along this info to
   every good writer you know.

   Close date for this issue is March 1st, so please mail out your subs
   right away.

   Cheers! Kevin, Editor, R)v Press

   _____

   Available now for purchase at lulu.com, a new, contemporay poem-play:

   Mammon: A Poem In Three Acts by John A. Mills

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/mammon-a-poem-in-three-acts/81
46516

   In this poem-play, four people come to terms with the reality of the
   current economic crisis. Two are a working class couple trying to
   make a family. The other two are financial workers living in the
   flush of the recent economic boom. The poem-play unfolds as each
   deals with the ubiquitous and universal greed manifested in today's
   world. Their lives are shattered as the deep immorality of the
   present global economic system grinds to a disaster. The play is in
   rhymed iambic pentameter to raise readers above the current profane
   and uncivil arguments of this day and encourage them to bear witness
   to the brutal inhumanity of greed. Click here for more information
   with preview... http://home.att.net/%7ejohn.a.mills/mammon/

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   I AM MY OWN ORANGE COUNTY - 11TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION by RICK LUPERT

   "Irreverent and yet somehow deeply empathic, many of the pieces
   showcase Lupert's Prevert-like instinct for finding the profound in
   the absurd."

                  - Brendan Constantine

   Rick's second book, originally published in 1997 with all of the
   original selected poems from artwork, introduction and orange-ness,
   along with a newly written "Re-Introduction" and a "bonus material"
   section featuring a selection of 29 additional (sometimes even MORE
   sophomoric) poems from the I Am My Own Orange County 'era'.
   http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/iamooc.html

   _____

   A Poet's Haggadah: Passover Through the Eyes of Poets edited by Rick
   Lupert

   36 Poets reinterpret the traditional themes and text of the Passover
   Haggadah through their own unique lenses. Guaranteed to add something
   different to your own seders and a great read! Edited by Los Angeles
   Poet Rick Lupert (Creator of the Poetry Super Highway) Includes work
   from Helen Bar-Lev, Lynne Bronstein, Salvatore Buttaci, Howard
   Camner, Larry Colker, devin davis, Barbara Elovic, Robert Klein
   Engler, David Gershator, Leslie Halpern, Claudia Handler, Daniel Y.
   Harris, Elizabeth Iannaci, Marc Jampole, Rachel Kann, Beth Kanter,
   Peggy Landsman, Michael Levy, Jake Marmer, Ellyn Maybe, Heather
   McNaugher, Daniel Olivas, Judith Pacht, Jaimes Palacio, Jonathan
   Penton, Joan Pond, Lanie Shanzyra P. Rebancos, Richard Schiffman, G.
   David Schwartz, Adam Shechter, Diana Sher, Scott Alixander Sonders,
   Julia Stein, S. Thomas Summers, Pam Ward and Misha Weidman.

   More info and get the book here: http://www.poetseder.com/

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

Rick
1/30/2010 8:17:43 PM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow