POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY More ebooks, Holocaust Poetry, Online Reading Tomorrow

   � 29 E-BOOKS SO FAR WILL BE GIVEN AWAY IN THE E-BOOK FREE-FOR-ALL -
     JOIN IN!
   29 e-books have been sent in for the Poetry Super Highway's 6thAnnual
   Great E-Book Free-For-All so far. Join in! Send us your e-book during
   the month of April and we'll add it to the pile of e-books which will
   be freely available to download by anyone on earth for 24 hours on
   May 1st, 2010...a free-for-all.

   More info? Click on "Great E-Book Free-For-All" from the main PSH
   menu or e-mail ffa-guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have them
   sent to you.

   http://poetrysuperhighway.com/Poetlinks.html

   � PSH LIVE OPEN READING TOMORROW!
   Tune in Tomorrow, Sunday, April 11 at 2:00 pm (pacific) for the next
   PSH Live open reading. Hear poets from all over the world read their
   work and call in to read yours! It's a world-wide open reading and
   you're invited. Listen to our past shows in the archive.

   http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh

   � CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE DAY
   Holocaust Remembrance Day (Yom Hashoah) is this Sunday, April 11th.
   We're looking for submissions of poetry written in response to the
   Holocaust for next week's Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day)
   issue. Please send your work, along with a bio of any length which
   includes what city you live in to POTW@PoetrySuperHighway.com by this
   Friday, April 16th to be considered for this special issue.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 653 - ISSN: 1523-6587

April 12 - 18, 2010

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from PHOENIX, AZ and PITTSBURGH, PA

   ~ 3 new poetry and writing links added this week.

   ~ FOLLOWING RICHARD BRAUTIGAN by COREY MESLER N featured this week in
     the PSH Bookstore.

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Open Reading April 11 - TOMORROW!

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are: DAVID CHORLTON & KELLI STEVENS KANE

   DAVID CHORLTON (Phoenix, Arizona) was born in Austria, grew up in
   England, and spent several years in Vienna before moving to Phoenix
   in 1978. His newest published books reflect this concern for the
   natural world. They are Waiting for the Quetzal, from March Street
   Press, and The Porous Desert, from Future Cycle Press. He recently
   had a poem included in the anthology, BIRDS, from the British Museum,
   won the Ronald Wardall Poetry Prize for his chapbook The Lost River,
   from Rain Mountain Press, and the Slipstream Chapbook Contest with
   From the Age of Miracles.

   KELLI STEVENS KANE (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) has had work appear or
   is forthcoming in Spider Magazine, Denver Syntax, Word Riot, Mythium
   Literary Journal, and The Mom Egg. She is the recipient of a Serpent
   Source Foundation grant for an oral history work in progress about
   the Hill District of Pittsburgh. She was a selected participant in
   the 2009 VONA (Voices of Our Nations Arts Foundation) workshop,
   "Building a Poetry Collection," taught by Willie Perdomo. Her first
   poetry manuscript is currently making the rounds in multiple first
   book contests.

   Click on "POETS OF THE WEEK" from the main PSH menu to read their
   work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW ONLINE PUBLICATIONS LISTINGS THIS WEEK:

   ~ DOPE MAGAZINE
   Publishing the very best poetry, prose, photography and art in the
   small press. Submissions now open!

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK:

   ~ NOTHING HYPOTHETICAL
   poem-a-day

   ~ LADY EVELINE�S ARTISTIC ATTIC
   The artistic site of Lady Eveline.

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   FOLLOWING RICHARD BRAUTIGAN by COREY MESLER featured this week in the
   PSH Bookstore:

   Following Richard Brautigan concerns a young writer of bad poetry
   living in Oklahoma City in the late 80s, who is visited by the ghost
   of the hippie writer Richard Brautigan. Jack, when the visitation
   occurs, is recovering from an aborted love affair, which
   coincidentally happened in San Francisco. That city becomes the focal
   point of the story, the place where magic can happen, a place
   seemingly out of time and between-worlds. The novel is a whimsical
   recounting of Jack s feckless life, his friends and lovers, his
   struggles with writing, and, then out of the blue, his singular
   haunting. Stylistically, it attempts to borrow some of Brautigan s
   goofball surrealism while establishing its own integrity. What begins
   as an off-center love story becomes for a while a road novel, as Jack
   and his ghost take to the highway and travel back to the scene, not
   only of Jack s affair but of the last days of Richard s life. Along
   the way they encounter lovely, loving women and an assemblage of
   Richard s friends, dead, alive, both. In San Francisco a
   transformative denouement awaits both of the novel s central figures.
   A portion of this novel won the Plan B Press Beat Writing Contest and
   was published by them as a chapbook.

   Click here for more or to order:
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1604890479/poetrysuperhighw

   Paperback, 160 Pages, Published by Livingston Press, (March, 2010)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.You can listen to the shows
   through your web browser as well as call in and ask questions live
   through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during the live broadcast.Can't or
   don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the show's
   broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on AIM.If
   you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show by
   visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the show's
   title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through iTunes or
   any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   Upcoming Shows:

   April 2010 Worldwide Open Reading!
   Sunday April 11, 2010 ~ 2:00 pm (pacific) - TOMORROW!
   Listen to and participate in our monthly open reading. Call in and
   read your poetry. No content or style restrictions. Hosted by Poetry
   Super Highway's Rick Lupert.

   Recently Archived broadcasts:

   MARCH 2010 WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday March 7, 2010
   The March 2010 PSH Live Open Reading begin with an impromptu poem
   from Dracula from beyond this mortal world, as well as callers from
   Laguna Hills, CA, Lake Wells, FL, Valley Center, CA, Columbus, OH,
   Newark, NJ, and Elkins Park, PA. We won't blame you if you tune out
   after the impression of Arnold Schwarzenegger from one of our callers.

   FEBRUARY 2010 WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday February 7, 2010
   The February 2010 PSH Live Open Reading featured poets from Newark,
   NJ, Desert Hot Springs, CA Colombus, OH, Lake Wells, FL, Santa
   Barbara, CA, Valley Center, CA, Birmingham, AL, North Hollywood, CA
   and Sonoma, CA.

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 590 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   WERGLE FLOMP HUMOR POETRY CONTEST - NO FEE � LAST CALL!

   Ninth annual free contest. Fifteen cash prizes totaling $3,600. Top
   prize $1,500. New simplified online entry process. Submit one humor
   poem by April 1 deadline. No entry fee. Winning entries published
   online. Final judge: Jendi Reiter. Sponsored by Winning Writers, one
   of the "101 Best Websites for Writers" (Writer's Digest, 2005-2009).
   Guidelines and online submission at

   http://www.winningwriters.com/wergle

   _____

   SECOND SUNDAY POETRY SERIES: This open mic poetry reading series,
   hosted by Alex M. Frankel, takes place on the second Sunday of every
   month at the Cafe Alibi in Old Town Pasadena. Great local and
   national poets are featured. They perform their work, sell and sign
   books and mingle with audience members and open mic participants.
   Admission is free but there is a one drink minimum.

   Next reading: April 11, 5 pm. Features: Barbara Maloutas, John Cross
   and Paul Lieber. This is Pasadena's leading poetry event! For more
   about the series go to http://www.secondsundaypoetry.com/

   The Cafe Alibi is at 84 South Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, near Green St.

   _____

   CALL FOR ENTRIES:
   THE DREAM QUEST ONE POETRY & WRITING CONTEST is open to anyone who
   loves expressing innermost thoughts and feelings into the beautiful
   art of poetry or writing a story that is worth telling everyone!
   Guidelines: (1) Write a poem, thirty lines or fewer on any subject,
   form or style. And/or (2) Write short story five pages maximum,
   single or double line spacing, on any subject or theme, fiction or
   non-fiction. Multiple entries are accepted. (www.dreamquestone.com)
   Postmark deadline: July 31, 2010. Prizes: Writing Contest First Prize
   is $500; Second: $250; Third: $100. Poetry Contest First Prize: $250;
   Second: $125; Third: $50. All contest winners works will be published
   online in the Dare to Dream pages, on August 31, 2010. Entry fees:
   Writing Contest: $10 per short story. Poetry Contest: $5 per poem. To
   send entries by mail: Include title of poem(s) or stori(es), name,
   address, phone#, email, brief biographical info. (Tell us a little
   about yourself) on the coversheet; add a self-addressed stamped
   envelope for entry confirmation. Fees payable to:
   �DREAMQUESTONE.COM�- Mail to: Dream Quest One Poetry & Writing
   Contest, P.O. Box 3141, Chicago, IL 60654. Visit
   http://www.dreamquestone.com for details and to enter!

   _____

   A Poet's Haggadah: Passover Through the Eyes of Poets edited by Rick
   Lupert

   36 Poets reinterpret the traditional themes and text of the Passover
   Haggadah through their own unique lenses. Guaranteed to add something
   different to your own seders and a great read! Edited by Los Angeles
   Poet Rick Lupert (Creator of the Poetry Super Highway) Includes work
   from Helen Bar-Lev, Lynne Bronstein, Salvatore Buttaci, Howard
   Camner, Larry Colker, devin davis, Barbara Elovic, Robert Klein
   Engler, David Gershator, Leslie Halpern, Claudia Handler, Daniel Y.
   Harris, Elizabeth Iannaci, Marc Jampole, Rachel Kann, Beth Kanter,
   Peggy Landsman, Michael Levy, Jake Marmer, Ellyn Maybe, Heather
   McNaugher, Daniel Olivas, Judith Pacht, Jaimes Palacio, Jonathan
   Penton, Joan Pond, Lanie Shanzyra P. Rebancos, Richard Schiffman, G.
   David Schwartz, Adam Shechter, Diana Sher, Scott Alixander Sonders,
   Julia Stein, S. Thomas Summers, Pam Ward and Misha Weidman.

   More info and get the book here: http://www.poetseder.com/

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   I AM MY OWN ORANGE COUNTY - 11TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION by RICK LUPERT

   "Irreverent and yet somehow deeply empathic, many of the pieces
   showcase Lupert's Prevert-like instinct for finding the profound in
   the absurd."

                  - Brendan Constantine

   Rick's second book, originally published in 1997 with all of the
   original selected poems from artwork, introduction and orange-ness,
   along with a newly written "Re-Introduction" and a "bonus material"
   section featuring a selection of 29 additional (sometimes even MORE
   sophomoric) poems from the I Am My Own Orange County 'era'.
   http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/iamooc.html

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

Rick
4/10/2010 6:09:53 PM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange / Open Reading Tomorrow
� SEND A BOOK, GET A BOOK 45 poets signed on to our 9th annual Great Poetry Exchange since we announced this year's launch last weekend. Join in...send your book to someone, get a book from someone else. See the entire list of books pledged so far by clicking on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH menu! � PSH LIVE OPEN READING TOMORROW! Tune in, call in, read your poetry in our monthly online ope reading! The next PSH Live open reading is tomorrow, February 7 at 2:00 pm (pacific). You're invited to tune in to hear the reading as...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY online open reading tomorrow
� PSH LIVE OPEN READING TOMORROW Join us next Sunday, January 10th at 2:00 pm (pacific) for the next PSH Live Open Reading. Plan on calling in to read one of your poems or just listen in. Click on PSH Live from the main PSH menu for all the details or to listen to past shows. ______________________________________________________ THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ Issue # 640 - ISSN: 1523-6587 January 11-18, 2010 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from CHARLOTTESVILLA, VA and LA, CA ~ 3 new poetry and ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY online open reading tomorrow #2
� 42 OF 86 BOOKS HAVE BEEN EXCHANGED SO FAR We've heard from 42 of the 86 poets who participated in this year's Great Poetry Exchange that their books have been mailed. The deadline to send your book, if you participated, is next Monday March 15th. If you didn't receive the email letting you know where to send your book, please send us a note and we'll resend it. Click on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH menu! to see all of this year's participants. � PSH LIVE OPEN READING TOMORROW! It's that time of month agai...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY open reading tomorrow!
� PSH Live Open Reading Tomorrow! Tune in, call in, read in...(okay that may have been one too many "ins" but the point is that the next PSH Live open reading is tomorrow, Sunday, December 6 at 2:00 pm (pacific). You're invited to tune in to hear the reading as well as call in and read your poetry during the live show. Click on PSH LIVE from the main PSH Menu for the details. � Online Conversation with Rick Lupert on Wednesday I'll be the featured guest on the Moe Green Poetry Discussion this Wednesday, December 9 at 3:00 pm (pacific) ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY e-book free-for-all / Holocaust Poetry Submissions
� 40 E-books so far will be given away in the E-Book Free-For-All - Join in! 27 e-books have been sent in for the Poetry Super Highway's 4th Annual Great E-Book Free-For-All since we announced it on Tuesday week. Join in! Send us your e-book during the month of April and we'll add it to the pile of e-books which will be freely available to download by anyone on earth for 24 hours on May 1st, 2008...a free-for-all.More info? Click on "Great E-Book Free-For-All" from the main PSH menu or e-mail ffa-guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange closes tomorrow night!
� GREAT POETRY EXCHANGE DEADLINE IS TOMORROW NIGHT! 81 poets have signed on to our 9th annual Great Poetry Exchange so far. Join in...send your book to someone, get a book from someone else. See the entire list of books pledged so far by clicking on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH menu! The deadline to join in is tomorrow night, Sunday, February 28th at midnight (pacific.) http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/pshgpe.html � PSH LIVE OPEN READING NEXT WEEKEND. It's coming up on that time of month again - your chance to participate in our ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY ebooks, free ebooks, your free ebooks
� THE E-BOOKS ACCUMULATING - JOIN THE FREE-FOR-ALL! 7 e-books have been sent in for the Poetry Super Highway's 6th Annual Great E-Book Free-For-All since we announced it on Thursday. Join in! Send us your e-book during the month of April and we'll add it to the pile of e-books which will be freely available to download by anyone on earth for 24 hours on May 1st, 2010...a free-for-all. More info? Click on "Great E-Book Free-For-All" from the main PSH menu or e-mail ffa-guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have them sent to you. http:/...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY live open reading TOMORROW
THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ Issue # 529 - ISSN: 1523-6587 November 19-25, 2007 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from CHICAGO, IL and TAKOMA PARK, MD ~ 7 new poetry and writing related link added this week. ~ THE EDNA WEBSTER COLLECTION OF UNDISCOVERED WRITINGS BY RICHARD BRAUTIGAN featured this week in the PSH Bookstore. ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Open reading TOMORROW ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads. ______________________________________________________ POETS OF THE WEEK ~ T...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY live open reading tomorrow #2
� PSH Live Open Reading Tomorrow! The next edition of PSH LIVE is tomorrow, December 16th at 2:00 pm (pacific). It's an open reading and you're invited to share your work and listen to the live show. Can't wait 'til then to get your fix, click on PSH LIVE from the main PSH menu and listen to our archived shows...poets reading poetry from all over the world. Tune in. ______________________________________________________ THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ Issue # 533 - ISSN: 1523-6587 December 17 -2...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY live open reading tomorrow #4
� ENTER THE 2010 PSH POETRY CONTEST: EVERYONE GETS A PRIZE! The 2010 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest is well under way. Thanks to our many sponsors, in addition to the cash prizes to the contest winners, everyone will get a poetry/writing related prize just for entering! Enter now! Click on "2010 Contest" from the main PSH Menu for all the details, or email guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines automatically e-mailed to you. � PSH LIVE OPEN READING TOMORROW! Our next live open reading will be broadcast next Sunday, Augus...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY PSH Live open reading tomorrow
� PSH LIVE Open Reading TOMORROW! kJoin us next week, Sunday, June 8th at 2pm (pacific) for a liveopen reading. Call in and read your poetry or just tune in and listento the show. There are no content or style restrictions. We'd love to hear your work! Click on PSH Live from the main PSH menu to joinin or visit our page at BlogTalkRadio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh � Join the 24 sponsors who have offered over 80 prizes so farfor our 11th annual summer Poetry contest. We will undoubtedlybe able to, once again, offer a prize of interest to poets andw...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY live open reading tomorrow #3
� PSH LIVE OPEN READING TOMORROW: SUNDAY, JUNE 13 ~ 2PM (PACIFIC) It's that time of the month again...tune in and/or call in and read your work during next weekend's PSH Live reading broadcast. Click here for the details and to listen to past shows in the archive: http://poetrysuperhighway.com/pshlive.html � OVER 75 PRIZES DONATED SO FAR TO THIS YEAR'S POETRY CONTEST We're looking for prize donations for our 13th annual summer poetry contest. If you'd like to donate, books, subscriptions, services, or anything of specific interested to P...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY world-wide open reading tomorrow
� World-Wide Open Reading on PSH Live Next Sunday: Call in and Read! You are invited to call in and read your poetry live on the next PSH LIVE broadcast next Sunday August 5th at 2:00 pm. (pacific) Click on PSH LIVE from the main PSH menu for the details and get ready to call in and read! Click on 2007 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu for all the details on how to enter, or e-mail Guidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com to have them automatically e-mailed to you. � Enter our Poetry Contest!: Everyone Get's a Prize The 2007 Poetry Super Hig...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY live open reading tomorrow / contest update
�� � Enter our Poetry Contest!: Everyone Get's a Prize �� Almost 200 paid entries have been sent to the judges so far. �� 100% of the entry fees will be divided amongst the top three scoring �� points, in addition to the many prizes, offered by our sponsors, �� which will be given to everyone who enterrs, just for entering. �� Click on "2008 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu for all the �� details on how to enter, or e-mailGuidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com �� to have them automatically e-mailed to you. �� � PSH Live Open Reading - TOMORROW �� Sunday, August 10th...

Web resources about - POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY More ebooks, Holocaust Poetry, Online Reading Tomorrow - comp.publish.electronic.misc

The Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Selektion " on the Judenrampe , Auschwitz , May/June 1944. To be sent to the right meant slave labor; to the left, the gas chamber . This image ...

Chronik-Fotos - Yad Vashem: World Holocaust Center, Jerusalem - Facebook
Apple CEO Tim Cook visited the Holocaust History Museum today. He left the following message in the guestbook at the conclusion of his visit: "I ...

UN Holocaust Program (@UNHOP) on Twitter

All sizes - The "Holocaust Mahnmal (Memorial)" in Berlin - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Extras: Kate Winslet hopes for a holocaust oscar - YouTube
A short clip from Ricky Gervaise's great sitcom "Extras".

Holocaust survivor's lifelong search for her dead parents
As she has done for so long, Vivianne Spiegel searches the fading photographs for her parents' faces among the piles of bodies.

Holocaust survivor's lifelong search for her dead parents
As she has done for so long, Vivianne Spiegel searches the fading photographs for her parents' faces among the piles of bodies.

Holocaust remembrance teaches lessons for humanity
... about protecting human rights, it should codify and enforce them. The emergence of international human rights law and the tragedy of the Holocaust ...

Muslim woman comparing plight of American Muslims to Holocaust ejected from Trump rally
A Muslim woman wearing a shirt saying "Salam, I come in peace" and a yellow star saying "Muslim" on it was ejected from a Trump rally in Rockhill ...

MSNBC’s Harry Smith Compares the Refugee ‘Pause’ to Japanese Internment, Refusing Jews During the Holocaust ...
Watch: MSNBC's Harry Smith Compares the Refugee Pause to Japanese Internment, Refusing Jews During the Holocaust