POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY poetry from FishKill and Macau

   � THE 2008 POETRY CONTEST PRIZE ROSTER KEEPS EXPANDING: JOIN IN!
   Join the 27 sponsors who have offered over 90 prizes so far for our
   11th annual summer Poetry contest. We will undoubtedlybe able to,
   once again, offer a prize of interest to poets andwriters to every
   single contest entrant, just for entering,regardless of their entry's
   score. Join in! If you'd like to donate,books, subscriptions,
   services, or anything of specific interestedto Poets and Writers in
   exchange for promotional mention in ourclassified section and in all
   contest correspondence for theduration of the contest, please click
   on "SPONSOR THE 2008 POETRY CONTEST" from the main PSH menu for all
   the details.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 560 - ISSN: 1523-6587

June 23 - 29, 2008

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from MACAU, CHINA and FISHKILL, NY

   ~ 3 new poetry and writing related link added this week.

   ~ THE SECRETS OF FALLING by LADDONNA WITMER featured this week in th
     Poets of the Week section of the PSH Bookstore.

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Open Reading - July 6th, Contest Chat - July 13

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are:

   CHRISTOPHER (KIT) KELEN and ROSEMARIE CRISAFI:

   CHRISTOPHER (KIT) KELEN's (Macau, China) most recent volumes of
   poetry are Dredging the Delta(book of Macao poems and sketches),
   published in 2007 by Cinnamon Press (UK) and After Meng Jiao:
   Kelen has taught Literature and Creative Writing for the last eight
   years at the University of Macau in south China.

   ROSEMARIE CRISAFI (Fishkill, New York) works in for a non-for-profit
   agency that serves individuals with disabilities. Her poetry has been
   published most recently in BlazeVO 2k8,, ken *again, Flutter Poetry
   Journal, Snow Monkey#18, Ghoti No. 9, The Potomac, Red River Review,
   Unlikely Stories, Eclectica Magazine, and The Adroitly Placed Word.
   Her chapbook, Days of Reckoning, is available at the Lily Literary
   Review.

   Click on "POETS OF THE WEEK" from the main PSH menu to read their
   work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW ONLINE POETRY RESOURCES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ WASHINGTON POETRY ASSOCIATION
   The mission of the Washington Poets Association is to serve and
   inspire individuals and communities across the state by supporting
   the creation, presentation and appreciation of poetry through events,
   publications, recognition and education.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ WENDY BOUCHOUX'S LULU STOREFRONT
   This is where to find Wendy Bouchoux's e-book COLORFUL, SEASONAL &
   EMOTIONAL POETRY at Lulu.com.

   ~ 53 POEMS BY GOD AND I
   Spiritual poems

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   Featured this week in the Poets of the Week section of the PSH
   Bookstore:

   The Secrets of Falling by LaDonna Witmer

   The Secrets of Falling is a collection of poems that chronicle a
   woman's fall from grace, her climb back up, and everyone she meets on
   the long way down. Written with equal parts razor and lipstick, this
   book includes poems that span nearly 10 years of falling and climbing
   and falling again. Designed by artist Kathy Azada and featuring the
   photography of Patti Monaghen and Bruce Willems, Secrets is a
   different kind of poetry   book - a book that tells a story not only
   with words, but with moods and with moments and shadows of hope.
   Inspired by the seemingly ever-present San Francisco fog, LaDonna
   Witmer writes about things that live in grey spaces and on the tips
   of tongues. She has published two other books of poems, Shedding the
   Angel Skin in 2000 and a limited edition chapbook called She is a
   Death Star in 2007.

   Paperback, 122 pages, published by This Blank Page Productions, (May,
   2007)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.You can listen to the shows
   through your web browser as well as call in and ask questions live
   through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during the live broadcast.Can't or
   don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the show's
   broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on AIM.If
   you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show by
   visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the show's
   title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through iTunes or
   any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   Upcoming Shows:

   JULY WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday July 6, 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Call in and read your poetry, open mic style. No content or style
   restrictions. Share details about your local poetry community with
   our listeners. We want to hear you!

   CHAT WITH 2008 POETRY CONTEST JUDGES
   Sunday July 13, 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Listen in to a conversation with the 2008 Poetry Contest Judges to
   learn what they look for when they are scoring your contest entry
   poems. Rick Lupert will also be on hand to answer any questions
   regarding how the contest is run, the rules, the entry guidelines etc.

   Recently Archived broadcasts:

   JUNE WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday June 8
   The June, 2008 edition of our open reading featured readers from East
   Canton, Ohio, Washington, DC, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Delray Beach,
   Florida, Ontaro, Canada, Calabasas, California, Tacoma Park,
   Maryland, Seattle, Washington, Hunterton County, New Jersey,
   Evenston, Illinois and Los Angeles, California.

   MAY WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday May 4
   The May, 2008 edition of our open reading featured readers from
   Cambrilla, CA, Princeton, West Virginia, Augusta, Maine, Calabasas,
   CA, Birmingham, AL, Long Beach, CA, British Columbia, Canada,
   Barrington, New Jersey and Del Rey Florida. This show also included
   several callers whose work appeared in the Poetry Super Highway's
   Holocaust Remembrance Day issue reading their poems that appeared in
   that issue. Listen to the show in our archive!

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 847 times since our last
   update.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   MARGARET REID POETRY CONTEST FOR TRADITIONAL VERSE - LAST CALL!
   Fifth year. Fourteen cash prizes totaling $5,250. Top prize $2,000.
   Submit poems in traditional verse forms, such as sonnets and free
   verse. Winning entries published online. Both published and
   unpublished work accepted. Entry fee is $6 for every 25 lines,
   payable to Winning Writers. Postmark deadline: June 30. Judges: J.H.
   Reid, D.C. Konrad. Submit online or mail to Winning Writers, Attn:
   Margaret Reid Poetry Contest, 351 Pleasant Street, PMB 222,
   Northampton, MA 01060. Winning Writers is proud to be one of "101
   Best Websites for Writers" (Writer's Digest, 2005-2008). More
   information: http://www.winningwriters.com/margaret

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   PUT YOUR  POEMS  ON T-SHIRTS!

   (or your pictures, images, website logos, poetry on t-shirts,
   sweatshirts, coffee mugs, and mouse pads, hats, picture frames, lunch
   boxes, stickers, postcards, calendars, frisbees, and more!)

   Also custom make your own books and CDs with full color art and
   professional packaging.

   Set up your store for free and earn commission from every sale or
   order merchandise for yourself or for gifts.

   visit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=rickpoet
   for the details.

   _____

   A Poet's Haggadah: Passover Through the Eyes of Poets edited by Rick
   Lupert

   36 Poets reinterpret the traditional themes and text of the Passover
   Haggadah through their own unique lenses. Guaranteed to add something
   different to your own seders and a great read! Edited by Los Angeles
   Poet Rick Lupert (Creator of the Poetry Super Highway) Includes work
   from Helen Bar-Lev, Lynne Bronstein, Salvatore Buttaci, Howard
   Camner, Larry Colker, devin davis, Barbara Elovic, Robert Klein
   Engler, David Gershator, Leslie Halpern, Claudia Handler, Daniel Y.
   Harris, Elizabeth Iannaci, Marc Jampole, Rachel Kann, Beth Kanter,
   Peggy Landsman, Michael Levy, Jake Marmer, Ellyn Maybe, Heather
   McNaugher, Daniel Olivas, Judith Pacht, Jaimes Palacio, Jonathan
   Penton, Joan Pond, Lanie Shanzyra P. Rebancos, Richard Schiffman, G.
   David Schwartz, Adam Shechter, Diana Sher, Scott Alixander Sonders,
   Julia Stein, S. Thomas Summers, Pam Ward and Misha Weidman.

   More info and get the book here: http://www.poetseder.com/

   _____

   A Man With No Teeth Serves Us Breakfast
   is Rick Lupert's latest release and the author's 11th book written
   during two weeks in Boston and London during the summer of 2006. It's
   a reverse trip through the American Revolution with a special stop to
   tread on the remains of King George The III and an introduction by
   Brendan Constantine. Read sample poems and learn how to get your copy
   here: http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/noteeth.html

   See a video of Rick reading from this book here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESl6nId6Mro

   See an interview with Rick at his weekly open reading here:
   http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyHYN0gXGP4

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

    --

Visit the Travel  Super   Highway    for all of your discount
 airfare needs:   http://TravelSuperHighway.com/

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY have you entered the Poetry Contest?
� Enter our Poetry Contest!: Deadline: September 20, 2008 Almost 200 paid entries have been sent to the judges so far. 100% of the entry fees will be divided amongst the top three scoring points, in addition to the many prizes, offered by our sponsors, which will be given to everyone who enterrs, just for entering. Click on "2008 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu for all the details on how to enter, or e-mailGuidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com to have them automatically e-mailed to you. � Listen to Archived PSH Live Shows Last week's ...

The 2010 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Poetry Contest
______________________________________________________ THE 2010 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY POETRY CONTEST this years contest is sponsored by: Ain't Got No Press, Colin Galbraith, Corey Mesler, Delika Creations, Don Kingfisher Campbell, Edgar & Lenore's Publishing House, Ellaraine Lockie, Full Of Crow Press And Distribution, Jerry Garcia, Jim D. Babwe, LB Sedlacek, Linda Leedy Schneider, Lori Romero, Lovely Trinkets, Magnapoets, Marie Lecrivain, Mike Scheidemann (Voices; The Israel English Poetry Assoc., Moonrise Press, Poet Caldwell Lee, R. S. Carlson,...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY your weekly poetry snackage
� PSH Live:ave you tuned in? We've had several great open readings the last several months on Poetry Super Highway Live. Many of the people who have been Poets of the Week here have called in and read their work. You can hear all of our past shows in the archive. Click on PSH Live from the main PSH Menu to listen (and subscribe via podcast/iTunes etc to future shows if you so desire.) Our next show is Sunday, April 6th...save the date and call in and read! � Great Poetry Exchange Follow Up: Thanks to the 55 (of 90) poets who have beat the 2 week...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY spanning the months with poetry
THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ Issue # 526 - ISSN: 1523-6587 October 29 - November 4, 2007 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from LOS ANGELES, CA and NEW YORK CITY, NY ~ 2 new poetry and writing related link added this week. ~ 2008 Poetry Speaks boxed calendar featured this week in the PSH Bookstore. ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Contest announcement in the archive. Open reading Nov 18. ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads. ______________________________________________________ POETS OF T...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY your intra-holiday poetry extravaganza
______________________________________________________ THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ ISSN: 1523-6587 December 18-24, 2006 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from CHEYENNE, WY and BEIJING, CHINA. ~ 5 new poetry and writing related link added this week. ~ THE BEST AMERICAN POETRY 2006 edited by BILLY COLLINS and DAVID LEHMAN featured this week in the PSH Bookstore. ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads. ______________________________________________________ POETS OF THE WEEK ~ This wee...

The 10th Annual Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest
______________________________________________________ THE 2007 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY POETRY CONTEST this years contest is sponsored by: Anthony Liccione, Assume Nothing Press, bottle rockets press, Brandon Cesmat, Christine Bruness, Chrystine Julian, Cloudy Day Art - Poetry Podcast, Daniel E. Levenson, Deborah P Kolodji, Egoboy Studios, Ellaraine Lockie, Evvy Garrett, Feel the Flow Publishing, Fickle Muses, Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, Frances Macaulay Forde, from east to west: bicoastal verse, Helene Cardona, Ink Publications, J. Graham Publishing, Jerry ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY: LAST WEEK to enter poetry contest
-- ) One week left to enter the 2006 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest. The deadline is this Saturday, October 7th. Everyone gets a prize just for entering thanks to our many sponsors! Don't miss your chance to win the cash prize (100% of the entry fees collected divided amongst the top 3 scoring poets). See the entire prize list along with all the entry guidelines by clicking on "2006 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu or e-mail Guidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com to have them automatically e-mailed to you. Over 300 Paid entries ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange off to a strong start
-- ) 36 poets signed on to our 5th annual Great Poetry Exchange since we announced this year's launch on Wednesday. Join in...send your book to someone, get a book from someone else. Click on "GREAT POETRY EXCHANGE " from the main Poetry Super Highway menu for the details as well as to see the 36 books pledged so far. ______________________________________________________ THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ ISSN: 1523-6587 February 6 - 12, 2006 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from AUS...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange begins Friday
� The 2008 Great Poetry Exchange begins Friday, February 1st. Watch your e-boxes for all the info on how to participate. � You may have seen the special announcement earlier in the week about the new Poets' Seder Project we're helping to organize. Interested in submitting work for a reinterpretation of the Passover Haggadah? Visit www.PoetSeder.com for the submission guidelines. (And please follow them if you'd like to participate as we won't be able to consider your work if you don't.) __________________________________________________...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY your official mid-December poetry update
- > We're pleased to announce that we've been awarded the "PointofLife.com Award of excellence by Michael Levy at PointofLife.com. Thanks Michael! ______________________________________________________ THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ ISSN: 1523-6587 December 11-17, 2006 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from PAISLEY, SCOTLAND and LAKE CITY, FL. ~ 3 new poetry and writing related link added this week. ~ THE BEST AMERICAN POETRY 2006 edited by BILLY COLLINS and DAVID LEH...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Great Poetry Exchange starts Monday
� SEND A BOOK, GET A BOOK The 2010 Great Poetry Exchange (our 9th annual) begins tomorrow night at midnight. Watch for the special announcement in your e-boxes with all the details and/or click on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH Menu starting on February 1st. (Tomorrow night at midnight [pacific]) � PSH LIVE OPEN READING NEXT SUNDAY! Tune in, call in, read in...(okay that may have been one too many "ins" but the point is that the next PSH Live open reading is next, Sunday, February 7 at 2:00 pm (pacific). You're invited...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY update your links / soon random poetry
� UPDATE YOUR LINKS In our quest to have the most extensive and accurate directory of poetry and writing website links, we frequently go through our database and remove links to sites which have disappeared. If you've moved your website, we encourage you to make sure you're still listed with us. Click on "Online Poetry Resources", "Online Publications" or "Individual Poets Pages" from the main Poetry Super Highway menu, where you'll find your listing arranged alphabetically by the title you originally submitted it un...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY More ebooks, Holocaust Poetry, Online Reading Tomorrow
� 29 E-BOOKS SO FAR WILL BE GIVEN AWAY IN THE E-BOOK FREE-FOR-ALL - JOIN IN! 29 e-books have been sent in for the Poetry Super Highway's 6thAnnual Great E-Book Free-For-All so far. Join in! Send us your e-book during the month of April and we'll add it to the pile of e-books which will be freely available to download by anyone on earth for 24 hours on May 1st, 2010...a free-for-all. More info? Click on "Great E-Book Free-For-All" from the main PSH menu or e-mail ffa-guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have them sent to you. h...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY suggests filling 11:35 pm with poetry
______________________________________________________ THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/ Issue # 642 - ISSN: 1523-6587 January 25 - 31, 2010 this week: ~ This week featuring poets from VENTURA, CA and ROCHESTER, NY ~ 2 new poetry and writing links added this week. ~ EMPTY SHOES: POEMS ON THE HUNGRY AND THE HOMELESS edited by PATRICK T. RANDOLPH featured this week in the PSH Bookstore. All profits from the sale of this book go to programs helping the hungry and homeless. ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Next R...

Web resources about - POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY poetry from FishKill and Macau - comp.publish.electronic.misc

Fishkill Farms Apple Orchard: Pick-Your-Own Apples, Diversified Fruits and Vegetables from New York's ...
An Ecological Pick Your Own Orchard. Fishkill Farms is an apple orchard and diversified fruit and vegetable farm in the town of East Fishkill, ...

Fishkill (town), New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... /  41.52778°N 73.91500°W  / 41.52778; -73.91500 Coordinates : 41°31′40″N 73°54′54″W  /  41.52778°N 73.91500°W  / 41.52778; -73.91500 Fishkill ...

New superintendent named at Fishkill prison
Robert Cunningham will look into conditions where inmate died ALBANY — The state has named a new superintendent for the Fishkill Correctional ...

New superintendent named at Fishkill prison - POLITICO
Robert Cunningham will look into conditions where inmate died ALBANY — The state has named a new superintendent for the Fishkill Correctional ...

Jim Turner (@jim_turner) on Twitter

BibliOdyssey
In addition to being US (and Canadian!) title pages from county map and atlas books, the images below were selected for their wonderful 19th ...

Family Kitchen
Trying to feed a family? Check out Babble.com's destination for parents in need of family recipes, healthy eating tips, time-saving tactics, ...

Bloglines
Bloglines

List of Private Companies Worldwide, Letter N - Businessweek
Browse the Private Company Directory with over 300,000 companies worldwide. Find a list of private companies letter N by business name, industry ...

Traffic « CBS New York
Traffic News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY