POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY spanning the months with poetry

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 526 - ISSN: 1523-6587

October 29 - November 4, 2007

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from LOS ANGELES, CA and NEW YORK CITY, NY

   ~ 2 new poetry and writing related link added this week.

   ~ 2008 Poetry Speaks boxed calendar featured this week in the PSH
     Bookstore.

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Contest announcement in the archive. Open
     reading Nov 18.

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are:CHRISTOPHER MULROONEY and I.B. RAD:

   CHRISTOPHER MULROONEY (Los Angeles, California) has written poems and
   translations in City Works, Merge,�New Translations, Vanitas and
   Guernica.

   I.B. RAD (New York City, New York) is an irreverent civic poet who
   uses a variety of styles that he thinks are suitable for
   civic/satirical poetry. His sometimes-controversial work has been
   published in a number of electronic and hardcopy publications. I.B.
   and Mrs. Rad live in New York City with an adorable dog, who allows
   them the run of the house.

   Click on "FEATURED POETS" from the main PSH menu to read their work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW ONLINE PUBLICATIONS LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ POETIC ART
   MUST HAVE QUICKTIME TO view VIDEOS...escape the cookie cutter life
   and get ORIGINAL artwork for your home/office. Just try it out...and
   peace.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ POETRY, MUSIC, ART
   Poetry Music and art of Andrew Johnson aka Easy Skanking IREALIZASHON

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   Featured this week in the Poets of the Week Books section of the PSH
   Bookstore:

   2008 POETRY SPEAKS BOXED CALENDAR

   A year of poets and poetry based on the bestselling book with audio,
   bringing you short poetry from the greatest poets past and present,
   along with their thoughts and reflections on their craft and
   fascinating biographical information. Includes much-loved favorites
   and little-known works by well-known as well as new poets, and
   introduces the reader to many new talents working today.

   Calendar, 366 pages, published by Sourcebooks, Inc., (May, 2007)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.

   You can listen to the shows through your web browser as well as call
   in and ask questions live through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during
   the live broadcast.

   Can't or don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the
   show's broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on
   AIM.

   If you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show
   by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the
   show's title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through
   iTunes or any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   UPCOMING SHOWS:

   Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday November 18, 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Call in and read your poetry, open mic style. No content or style
   restrictions. Share details about your local poetry community with
   our listeners. We want to hear you!

   RECENTLY ARCHIVED BROADCAST:

   2007 Poetry Contest Winners Announcement
   Sunday October 7, 2:00 pm (pacific)
   We announced the winners here first in the 10th annual Poetry Super
   Highway Poetry contest. Tune in to hear all the statistics...how many
   people entered, average scores, and all the names of the poets who
   scored in the top 10 positions.

   GOT A SHOW IDEA?

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 712 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   WERGLE FLOMP HUMOR POETRY CONTEST (no fee)Seventh annual free contest
   with a special twist. The winner of our first contest was Poetry
   Super Highway's Rick Lupert! Fifteen cash prizes totaling $3,336.40.
   Top prize $1,359. Submit one poem by April 1 deadline. No entry fee.
   Winning entries published online. Judge: Jendi Reiter. Sponsored by
   Winning Writers. Winning Writers is proud to be one of "101 Best
   Websites for Writers" (Writer's Digest, 2005-2007). Guidelines and
   online submission at http://www.winningwriters.com/wergle

   _____

   The Poet's Haven - 10th Anniversary of PoetsHaven.com!

   Come join us at 8:00 PM on Saturday, November 17th at Muggswigz
   Coffee & Tea Co. in Canton, Ohio for an open-mic poetry event. This
   will be recorded and podcast on PoetsHaven.com! Visit PoetsHaven.com
   for directions and more details.

   The Poet's Haven Digest Issue Zero is getting republished as a FREE
   e-book download! The e-book will be available on October 31st.

   The Poet's Haven is an online magazine that has published over 5,100
   pages of poetry, stories, and artwork from over 1,900 creators. We
   are open to submissions from writers of all ages and experience
   levels, with no restrictions on style, length, or genre, and minimal
   restrictions on content. Submission guidelines can be found on the
   website.

   http://www.PoetsHaven.com/

   _____

   Cheney is in love with Larry. Her whole world revolves around him;
   that is until he convinces her to do the unimaginable, abort their
   baby. Find out more about Pat and her book Guilty of Love�in our
   Featured Books section. Authors--Advertise Your Books with Us!��Get
   greater online book publicity�on http://www.author-promotion.com/

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   PUT YOUR  POEMS  ON T-SHIRTS!

   (or your pictures, images, website logos, poetry on t-shirts,
   sweatshirts, coffee mugs, and mouse pads, hats, picture frames, lunch
   boxes, stickers, postcards, calendars, frisbees, and more!)

   Also custom make your own books and CDs with full color art and
   professional packaging.

   Set up your store for free and earn commission from every sale or
   order merchandise for yourself or for gifts.

   visit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=rickpoet
   for the details.

   _____

   A Man With No Teeth Serves Us Breakfast
   is Rick Lupert's latest release and the author's 11th book written
   during two weeks in Boston and London during the summer of 2006. It's
   a reverse trip through the American Revolution with a special stop to
   tread on the remains of King George The III and an introduction by
   Brendan Constantine. Read sample poems and learn how to get your copy
   here: http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/noteeth.html

   See a video of Rick reading from this book here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESl6nId6Mro

   See an interview with Rick at his weekly open reading here:
   http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyHYN0gXGP4

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

    --

Visit the Travel  Super   Highway    for all of your discount
 airfare needs:   http://TravelSuperHighway.com/