POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY three weeks left to contest

   � 3 WEEKS LEFT TO ENTER THE 2010 PSH POETRY CONTEST: DEADLINE OCT 2!
   The 2010 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest is well under way.
   Thanks to our many sponsors, in addition to the cash prizes to the
   contest winners, everyone will get a poetry/writing related prize
   just for entering! Enter now! Click on "2010 Contest" from the main
   PSH Menu for all the details, or email
   guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines
   automatically e-mailed to you.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 674 - ISSN: 1523-6587

September 13-19, 2010

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from BLAINE, WA and AUSTIN, TX

   ~ 1 new poetry and writing link added this week.

   ~ WALKING WITH ELIHU: POEMS ON ELIHU BURRITT, THE LEARNED BLACKSMITH
     by TAYLOR GRAHAM�featured this week in the�PSH Bookstore

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Next show: Next Show
     Sept 26

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are: KEITH MOUL and RICK BELDEN:

   KEITH MOUL (Blaine, Washington) has had work appear for more than 40
   years in the US and Canada; more recently in Britain and Australia.
   He was born in St. Louis, but lived mainly in the Pacific Northwest.
   His schooling includes a Phd. Keith now lives in the picturesque
   coastal and border town of Blaine, several hundred feet from Canada.

   RICK BELDEN (Austin, Texas) is the author of Iron Man Family Outing:
   Poems about Transition into a More Conscious Manhood. Iron Man Family
   Outing is widely used in the United States and internationally by
   therapists, counselors, and men's groups as an aid in the exploration
   of masculine psychology and men's issues, and as a resource for men
   who grew up in dysfunctional, abusive, or neglectful family systems.

   Read their work by clicking on "POETS OF THE WEEK" from the main PSH
   menu.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETRY PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK:

   A MENTE DE CL�UDIO TALESMAN
   Anthology of new brazilian poets.

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   WALKING WITH ELIHU: POEMS ON ELIHU BURRITT, THE LEARNED BLACKSMITH�by
   TAYLOR GRAHAM�featured this week in the PSH Bookstore

   TAYLOR GRAHAM's poetry captures the life of an exceptional man of the
   nineteenth century. Elihu Burritt, born into a poor Connecticut
   family,�was acclaimed "The Learned Blacksmith" by the Governor of
   Massachusetts when it was discovered he had mastered 50 foreign
   languages�while working at the forge. Corresponding with Longfellow
   and others, Elihu Burritt became one of the most ardent peace
   activists in his�century, helping organize international peace
   congresses, campaigning for a Congress of Nations, international law,
   and a World Court. Born�nearly 200 years ago, he was well ahead of
   his time. President Lincoln appointed him Consular Agent to
   Birmingham, England. In her�inimitable style, poet Taylor Graham,
   portrays Burritt's passion for peace and the betterment of man's
   condition in 94 beautiful poems. This is�truly poetry for history.
   Click here for more and to order

   Paperback, 104 Pages, Published by CreateSpace, (June, 2010)

   Click here for more and to order:
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1452896216/poetrysuperhighw

   Paperback, 104 Pages, Published by CreateSpace, (June, 2010)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.You can listen to the shows
   through your web browser as well as call in and ask questions live
   through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during the live broadcast.Can't or
   don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the show's
   broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on AIM.If
   you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show by
   visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the show's
   title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through iTunes or
   any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   Upcoming Shows:

   September 2010 Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday September 26, 2010 ~ 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Join our monthly open reading. Tune in to hear poets from all over
   the world read their work and/or call in and read one of your poems.
   There are no content or style restrictions. We'd love to hear your
   poem! Hosted monthly by Poetry Super Highway's Rick Lupert.

   Recently Archived broadcasts:

   AUGUST 2010 WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday August 22, 2010
   Listen to the eclectic mix of poets from our August open reading
   which featured callers from Newark, NJ, Milwaukee, WI, Woodland
   Hills, Laguna Hills, Desert Hot Springs and the rest of Southern
   California, as well as Elkins Park, PA, Huntersville, NIC and the St.
   Louis Area of Illinois.

   CONVERSATION WITH 2010 POETRY CONTEST JUDGES
   Sunday July 25, 2010
   Listen in to our conversation with the 2010 Poetry Contest Judges to
   learn what they look for when they are scoring your contest entry
   poems. Rick Lupert was on hand filling in the details regarding how
   the contest is run, the rules, the entry guidelines etc. If you're
   considering entering the contest, this is a great opportunity for you
   to learn directly from the contest judges valuable insights to help
   you do well in the contest!

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 628 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   TOM HOWARD/JOHN H. REID POETRY CONTEST - LAST CALL!

   Eighth year. Ten cash prizes totaling $5,550. Top prize $3,000.
   Submit poems in any style or genre. Both published and unpublished
   work accepted. Winning entries published online. Entry fee is $7 for
   every 25 lines, payable to Winning Writers. Postmark deadline:
   September 30. Judges: John H. Reid, Dee C. Konrad. Submit online or
   mail to Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard Poetry Contest, 351
   Pleasant Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060. Winning Writers is
   one of the "101 Best Websites for Writers" (Writer's Digest,
   2005-2010). More information: http://www.winningwriters.com/tompoetry

   _____

   SECOND SUNDAY POETRY SERIES: This open mic poetry reading series,
   hosted by Alex M. Frankel, takes place on the second Sunday of every
   month at the Cafe Alibi in Old Town Pasadena. Great local and
   national poets are featured. They perform their work, sell and sign
   books and mingle with audience members and open mic participants.
   Admission is free but there is a one drink minimum.

   Next reading: Sunday, September 12, 5 pm. Features: Cecilia Woloch,
   Marie Lecrivain and Judith Terzi. This is Pasadena's leading poetry
   event! For more about the series please email
   alexmfrankel2000@att.net The Cafe Alibi is at 84 South Fair Oaks Ave,
   Pasadena, near Green St.

   The Cafe Alibi is at 84 South Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, near Green St.

   _____

   "A Breath of Paint" by LB Sedlacek is a new chapbook
   featuring travel and adventure poems. Only $2 (US).
   Order at http://tinyurl.com/24zqb9z
   http://www.lbsedlacek.com/

   _____

   Full Of Crow Press and Distribution produces print and web based
   publications of poetry, fiction, art, essays, interviews, reviews,
   audio, and more. We are pleased to launch a new chapbook series,
   featuring poetry and short fiction. Come check us out at our
   poetry/small press fest this October 23 in Akron, Ohio! All welcome.
   Contact: Lynn Alexander through www.fullofcrow.com/akronfest.html

   _____

   COREY MESLER : It's unprecedented, two novels released on the same
   day, March 31, 2010,from two different presses: Following Richard
   Brautigan (Livingston Press) and The Ballad of the Two Tom Mores
   (Bronx River Press). They may be ordered signed or inscribed from
   http://www.burkesbooks.com. Tom Piazza said, "Corey Mesler�s writing
   is scary, funny, smart, and deeply twisted."

   _____

   Art. Poetry. http://2C3DB.com/

   _____

   Unfound Gems

   Roy Anthony Shabla is hailed as the spiritual heir to Rumi. His book
   of ecstatic poems, eating God, is a rare delight. "If poets could be
   superstars... Roy Anthony Shabla is the man to watch!" ~ Spirit of
   the Valley. roy anthony shabla .com

   Zero One is a black, gay, homeless, rap poet living on the streets of
   Los Angeles. His book, Revolution Rapture, is a raw and poignant
   comment on our modern society. lulu.com/zeroone revolution rapture

   _____

   PERMANENT OBSCURITY
   Inspired by the underground sexploitation films of the 1960s, this
   bold updating of the "roughie" subgenre and lampoon of auteur
   filmmaking largely takes place in New York City's East Village (circa
   2006), and it chronicles the rise and fall of a unique and intense
   relationship. Dolores and Serena, two chemically dependent,
   down-and-out artists set out to take control of their lives by making
   a fetish-noir/femdom movie. Of course, things don't exactly turn out
   as planned. For more visit: http://permanentobscurity.com/
   To purchase:

http://www.amazon.com/Permanent-Obscurity-Cautionary-Misadventures-Pornog
raphy/dp/0971341540

   _____

   EXPERIENCED POETRY AND WRITING MENTOR LINDA LEEDY SCHNEIDER
   Collaborate through telephone conferences and E-mail with an
   award-winning internationally published poet, college writing
   instructor, psychotherapist and Pushcart nominee

   Beginning or experienced writers welcome. Most writers published if
   that is one of their goals. 616-942-7179 or Loschneide@AOL.com
   http://www.pw.org/content/linda_leedy_schneider

   _____

   Voices Israel proudly sponsors the 21st international Reuben Rose
   Poetry Contest. http://www.freewebs.com/voicesisrael/
   Prizes: US$500; US$200; US$100. 10 hon.mentions. Entries considered
   for publication in Voices 2011 anthology.
   Conditions. Entries unlimited (40 lines per poem). All styles of
   challenging, humorous & curious poetry in 2 copies/one without info.
   of entrant. Entry fee US$5 per poem. Deadline Oct. Ist. Winners
   announced Dec/Jan. Judge. Prof Seymour Mayne,
   Ottawa University. Address: Voices Israel, P.O.Box 236, Kiriat Ata
   28101, Israel. (Cash/checks to 'Voices Israel').

   _____

   PSH website viewers get a 50% discount on chapbook printing services
   from Palabra Productions for the duration of the PSH contest. Go to
   http://palabraproductions.blogspot.com for very inexpensive pricing
   to produce your next chapbook. And don't forget to mention you saw
   this on the PSH.

   _____

   After twelve years of Internet-based self-abuse, UnlikelyStories.org
   is finally unveiling its first year of paperbacks! Check out My Hands
   Were Clean by Tom Bradley, bound together with Dr. Gonzo by Deb Hoag,
   Monolith by Anne McMillen, bound together with Soy solo palabras but
   wish to be a city by Le�n De la Rosa, and Unlikely Stories of the
   Third Kind, a 400-page project of all things UnlikelyStories.org,
   including a CD and DVD! Keep appraised at
   http://www.facebook.com/unlikely.stories and
   http://www.UnlikelyStories.org!

   _____

   We Put Things In Our Mouths by Rick Lupert

   "Lupert] writes to us as if we were together, in a library say, a
   room where speech is forbidden. His poems are passed to us with a
   nod, a smile librarians can�t see."

                  - Brendan Constantine

   A new collection of humorous European poetry from poetic
   observationalist Rick Lupert, master of the poetic travelogue. Join
   Rick as he travels through Amsterdam with Rembrandt and Van Gough and
   discovers his hesitance with the city�s slogan �I Am Amsterdam.�
 Taste Belgium�s chocolate and beer in the cities of Brussels and
   Brugge (that�s how THEY spell it.) Stop in to Magritte�s house.
   Re-visit Paris, its cheese. its Monet, its wild eyed man with a giant
   toothbrush in Montmartre. Travel through Europe with Rick Lupert as
   his wife earnestly tries to get the pen away from him. Rediscover
   your poetic sense of humor�put these poems in your mouth.

   http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

   _____

   A Poet's Haggadah: Passover Through the Eyes of Poets edited by Rick
   Lupert

   36 Poets reinterpret the traditional themes and text of the Passover
   Haggadah through their own unique lenses. Guaranteed to add something
   different to your own seders and a great read! Edited by Los Angeles
   Poet Rick Lupert (Creator of the Poetry Super Highway) Includes work
   from Helen Bar-Lev, Lynne Bronstein, Salvatore Buttaci, Howard
   Camner, Larry Colker, devin davis, Barbara Elovic, Robert Klein
   Engler, David Gershator, Leslie Halpern, Claudia Handler, Daniel Y.
   Harris, Elizabeth Iannaci, Marc Jampole, Rachel Kann, Beth Kanter,
   Peggy Landsman, Michael Levy, Jake Marmer, Ellyn Maybe, Heather
   McNaugher, Daniel Olivas, Judith Pacht, Jaimes Palacio, Jonathan
   Penton, Joan Pond, Lanie Shanzyra P. Rebancos, Richard Schiffman, G.
   David Schwartz, Adam Shechter, Diana Sher, Scott Alixander Sonders,
   Julia Stein, S. Thomas Summers, Pam Ward and Misha Weidman.

   More info and get the book here: http://www.poetseder.com/

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   I AM MY OWN ORANGE COUNTY - 11TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION by RICK LUPERT

   "Irreverent and yet somehow deeply empathic, many of the pieces
   showcase Lupert's Prevert-like instinct for finding the profound in
   the absurd."

                  - Brendan Constantine

   Rick's second book, originally published in 1997 with all of the
   original selected poems from artwork, introduction and orange-ness,
   along with a newly written "Re-Introduction" and a "bonus material"
   section featuring a selection of 29 additional (sometimes even MORE
   sophomoric) poems from the I Am My Own Orange County 'era'.
   http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/iamooc.html

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

Rick
9/11/2010 8:51:34 PM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY 1 week left to enter contest
�� � 1 WEEK LEFT TO ENTER POETRY CONTEST �� The deadline for entering the 2009 Poetry Super Highway Poetry �� Contest is Saturday, September 19. That's three weeks from today. �� Don't miss your chance to win the cash prize (100% of the entry fees �� collected divided amongst the top 3 scoring poets) and to get a prize �� just for entering thanks to our many generous sponsors! (38 of them �� to be exact) �� Click on "2009 Contest" from the main PSH Menu for all the details,� �� or email guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines �� automatically e-m...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY: LAST WEEK to enter poetry contest
-- ) One week left to enter the 2006 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest. The deadline is this Saturday, October 7th. Everyone gets a prize just for entering thanks to our many sponsors! Don't miss your chance to win the cash prize (100% of the entry fees collected divided amongst the top 3 scoring poets). See the entire prize list along with all the entry guidelines by clicking on "2006 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu or e-mail Guidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com to have them automatically e-mailed to you. Over 300 Paid entries ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY two weeks left to join the Great Poetry Exchange
� Send a Book - Get a Book 59 poets so far will send a book and get a book in our 7th Annual Great Poetry Exchange. Join in...send your book to someone, get a book from someone else. See the entire list of books pledged so far by clicking on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH menu! � Our apologies for those who attempted to tune in or call in to last week's PSH Live Open reading. Because of a technical error at Blog Talk Radio (our 'air-waves' provider) we weren't able to log in to host the show. We hope you'll tune in n...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY contest begins in 2 weeks
=95 THE 2009 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY CONTEST BEGINS IN 2 WEEKS OVER 50 PRIZES HAVE BEEN DONATED SO FAR - JOIN IS AS A SPONSOR! We're looking for prize donations for our 12th annual summer poetry contest. If you'd like to donate, books, subscriptions, services, or anything of specific interested to Poets and Writers in exchange for promotional mention in our classified section and in all contest correspondence for the duration of the contest, please click on "SPONSOR THE 2008 POETRY CONTEST" from the main PSH menu for all the details. ____...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY last week to sponsor contest
� ENTER THE 2009 PSH POETRY CONTEST: DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 19, 2009! Almost 200 paid entries have been sent to the judges so far. 100% of the entry fees will be divided amongst the top three scoring points, in addition to the many prizes, offered by our sponsors, which will be given to everyone who enterrs, just for entering. Click on "2009 Contest" from the main PSH Menu for all the details, or email guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines automatically e-mailed to you. � INTERESTED IN SPONSORING? - Sponsorships close in 1 week!...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY your weekly poetry snackage
� PSH Live:ave you tuned in? We've had several great open readings the last several months on Poetry Super Highway Live. Many of the people who have been Poets of the Week here have called in and read their work. You can hear all of our past shows in the archive. Click on PSH Live from the main PSH Menu to listen (and subscribe via podcast/iTunes etc to future shows if you so desire.) Our next show is Sunday, April 6th...save the date and call in and read! � Great Poetry Exchange Follow Up: Thanks to the 55 (of 90) poets who have beat the 2 week...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY have you entered the Poetry Contest?
� Enter our Poetry Contest!: Deadline: September 20, 2008 Almost 200 paid entries have been sent to the judges so far. 100% of the entry fees will be divided amongst the top three scoring points, in addition to the many prizes, offered by our sponsors, which will be given to everyone who enterrs, just for entering. Click on "2008 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu for all the details on how to enter, or e-mailGuidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com to have them automatically e-mailed to you. � Listen to Archived PSH Live Shows Last week's ...

The 2010 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Poetry Contest
______________________________________________________ THE 2010 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY POETRY CONTEST this years contest is sponsored by: Ain't Got No Press, Colin Galbraith, Corey Mesler, Delika Creations, Don Kingfisher Campbell, Edgar & Lenore's Publishing House, Ellaraine Lockie, Full Of Crow Press And Distribution, Jerry Garcia, Jim D. Babwe, LB Sedlacek, Linda Leedy Schneider, Lori Romero, Lovely Trinkets, Magnapoets, Marie Lecrivain, Mike Scheidemann (Voices; The Israel English Poetry Assoc., Moonrise Press, Poet Caldwell Lee, R. S. Carlson,...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY 1 week left to send a book and get a book
� ONE WEEK LEFT TO SEND A BOOK, GET A BOOK 73 poets signed on to our 9th annual Great Poetry Exchange so far. Join in...send your book to someone, get a book from someone else. See the entire list of books pledged so far by clicking on "Great Poetry Exchange" from the main PSH menu! The deadline to join in is next Sunday, February 28th at midnight (pacific.) � ERICA ERDMAN GONE This week saw the untimely passing of Los Angeles poet Erica Erdman. Erica was present when I first went to a poetry event here in 1990 at the Iguana Cafe. She was par...

The 10th Annual Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest
______________________________________________________ THE 2007 POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY POETRY CONTEST this years contest is sponsored by: Anthony Liccione, Assume Nothing Press, bottle rockets press, Brandon Cesmat, Christine Bruness, Chrystine Julian, Cloudy Day Art - Poetry Podcast, Daniel E. Levenson, Deborah P Kolodji, Egoboy Studios, Ellaraine Lockie, Evvy Garrett, Feel the Flow Publishing, Fickle Muses, Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, Frances Macaulay Forde, from east to west: bicoastal verse, Helene Cardona, Ink Publications, J. Graham Publishing, Jerry ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY contest has begun
� 2010 POETRY CONTEST HAS BEGUN! We just announced our 13th annual poetry contest on Thursday and entries are already flowing in! Everyone who enters will get a prize of interest to poets and writers just for entering (in addition to the cash prize for the top three scoring poems.) Enter now! Click on "2010 Contest" from the main PSH Menu for all the details, or email guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines automatically e-mailed to you. This week we're featuring the 3 contest judges as our Poets of the Week. Click on &quo...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY an impending electronic free-for-all
-- ) Many of the 137 participating poets have already sent their books pledged in our 5th annual Great Poetry Exchange. If you were one of the participants and didn't receive the e-mails last week letting you know where to send your book, let us know and we'll let you know. Click on "GREAT POETRY EXCHANGE" from the main Poetry Super Highway menu to see all 137 books pledged. -- ) Stay tuned for info soon on our next project: The 2nd Annual Great Poetry E-book Free-For-All, coming to a month of April near you. _________________________________...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY contest off to a great start!
� Our 10th annual Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest is off to a great start! Thanks to all of our sponsors for helping to insure that everyone will get a prize just for entering, in addition to the cash prize to the top three scoring poets! Enter the contest! Click on "2007 Poetry Contest" from the main PSH menu for all the details or e-mail Guidelines@PoetrySuperHighway.com to have them automatically e-mailed to you. � Introducing PSH LIVE: We'll be broadcasting our annual chat with our contest judges live next week (Sunday July 1...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY Contest Deadline TODAY!
-- ) LAST DAY to enter the 2006 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest. The deadline is today, Saturday, October 7th at 11:59 pm (pacific). All poem entries must be received via e-mail by this deadline. All entry fees must be postmarked by today (if mailing) or received via PayPaltoday. There are no exceptions. Everyone gets a prize just for entering thanks to our many sponsors! Don't miss your chance to win the cash prize (100% of the entry fees collected divided amongst the top 3 scoring poets). See the entire prize list along with all the ent...

Web resources about - POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY three weeks left to contest - comp.publish.electronic.misc

Highway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A highway is any public road or other public way on land. It is used for major roads, but also includes other public roads and public tracks: ...

Highway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A highway is any public road or other public way on land. It is used for major roads, but also includes other public roads and public tracks: ...

Prosecution urges jail for driver who caused fatal Monaro Highway crash
Canberra magistrate urged to lock up driver who caused a fatal collision on the Monaro Highway.

Man threw objects from ute at other cars on highway near Yass, police allege
In the latest incident, a 25-year-old woman was driving a Honda Civic in a 100km/h zone on the Olympic Highway at Yass.

Chainsaw, shovel fight blocks Surf Coast highway in Geelong
A man armed with a shovel and another with a chainsaw stopped traffic during a bizarre daytime brawl in the middle of a busy Geelong highway. ...

Pauline Hanson blasts LNP over Bruce Highway petition billboard
LNP MPs feature on billboard urging motorists to sign a petition to urge their own government to fund highway upgrades.

Norseman police charge Belgian national with driving at 191km/h on Eyre Highway
A Belgian national has been charged with reckless driving and had his car seized, after allegedly driving at more than 190km/h in the state's ...

Lucinda Williams releasing 'The Ghosts of Highway 20' and touring
by Andrew Sacher Alt-country vet Lucinda Williams is set to release her twelfth album, The Ghosts of Highway 20, the followup to 2014's Down ...

Highway Officials Prepare For Major Snow Event This Weekend
Two important weather stories: light snow coating some parts of Maryland Wednesday night, and a Blizzard Watch is already posted for a big storm ...

Duquesne team bus stuck in snow on highway after win vs. George Mason
The Dukes beat George Mason 86-75 on Friday in a game that was moved up because of the snow but then got stuck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. ...