POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY update your links / soon random poetry

   �  UPDATE YOUR LINKS
   In our quest to have the most extensive and accurate directory of
   poetry and writing website links, we frequently go through our
   database and remove links to sites which have disappeared. If you've
   moved your website, we encourage you to make sure you're still listed
   with us. Click on "Online Poetry Resources", "Online Publications" or
   "Individual Poets Pages" from the main Poetry Super Highway menu,
   where you'll find your listing arranged alphabetically by the title
   you originally submitted it under. If you need to update your link or
   description, send us an e-mail and we'll happily do it. If you're
   website isn't listed with us, please click on "Add Your Link Here"
   from the main PSH menu or any of the links sections, fill out the
   form, and we'll add it during our next weekly update. Please make
   sure to only do this if you're adding a new link. (Send us an e-mail
   to update existing links...make sure to include your site title along
   with which of our links sections your site appears in.

   �  The 2008 Great Poetry Exchange is coming soon.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 538 - ISSN: 1523-6587

January 21 - 27, 2008

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from PAISLEY, SCOTLAND and LOS ANGELES, CA

   ~ 4 new poetry and writing related link added this week.

   ~ A POET'S GUIDE TO DIVORCE by DAVID BREEDEN featured this week in
     the Poets of the Week Books section of the PSH Bookstore.

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Jan 13 Open Reading Archived

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are:

   GRAHAM FULTON and CHRISTIAN AVERY BRYANT:

   GRAHAM FULTON (Paisley, Scotland) has been writing poetry for over 20
   years and has been published in many major magazines, anthologies,
   online journals and newspapers, in both the UK and USA, including
   Illya's Honey, California Quarterly, Ambit, Orbis, Chapman, Blood
   Lotus, Concho River Review, Amarillo Bay, Neon Highway, Poetry
   Nottingham, Other Poetry, Nthposition, Iron, The North, Edinburgh
   Review, Envoi, Word Riot, Poetry Cemetery, Snakeskin, Fire, Scottish
   Poetry Library Best 20 poems of 2006, Scottish Literature in the 20th
   Century. His previously published collections include Humouring the
   Iron Bar Man Polygon, 1990, This Rebel Inc, 1993, Knights of th
    Lower Floors Polygon, 1994, Blissed-out for Five (contributor)
   Neruda Press, 1997, Ritual Soup and other liquids Mariscat Press,
   2002. Gaham has 2 chapbooks, Upside Down Heart and Black Motel,
   awaiting publication from Glasgow Publisher Dreadful Night Press in
   2008 and 2009.

   CHRISTIAN AVERY BRYANT (Los Angeles, California) is a California
   writer. His short fiction and poetry has appeared in many magazines
   including The Horror Express, Horror Carousel, Peep Show, Poems
   Niederngasse and Poet Express.

   Click on "FEATURED POETS" from the main PSH menu to read their work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW ONLINE PUBLICATIONS LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ GREAT NEW BOOKS THAT ARE A MUST READ
   Highlighting new books from great authors, including fiction
   nonfiction, poetry, graphic novels, self-published books, and much
   more. Highlights include book reviews, summaries, and blurbs from
   small publishers, self-publishers, independent presses, major
   publishing houses, and others in the printing and publishing world.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ CAROLYN JOYCE CARTY WIKIPEDIA
   A Living Legend Carolyn Joyce Carty World Renowned Footprints Poem
   Author

   ~ DIMITRIS VAROS - MIND GAMES
   Greek poet and author. Extracts from his books, new poems and photo
   galleries.

   ~ DOUGLAS A. MARTIN
   readings, books, etc.

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   Featured this week in the Poets of the Week Books section of the PSH
   Bookstore:

   A POET'S GUIDE TO DIVORCE by DAVID BREEDEN

   Dad, JJ Wade, is a used bookshop owner. Son Buck is a screenwriter
   trying to make it on the west coast. Between them is the long shadow
   of a divorce. When Hollie Ivie, a Goth grrrl, becomes the obsession
   of JJ's life, Buck steps in with shock therapy-he steals Hollie.
   Mixing journals, email, and third-person narration, this novel tells
   the story of a wasted, bitter artist who still might pull it out, his
   son headed in the same direction, and a woman who doesn't intend to
   be owned by anyone. Where does Marcus Aurelius, the great Roman
   emperor and Stoic philosopher fit in? A frumpy professor and email,
   of course.

   "If Jack Kerouac were from Texas, his name would be David Breeden."

            -Kinky Friedman

   "A joyous and thought-provoking journey that probes matters of the
   heart in the midst of various collisions we call
   �relationships.�"

            -JJ Sargent

   Paperback, 288 pages, published by Fine Tooth Press, (April, 2005)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.

   You can listen to the shows through your web browser as well as call
   in and ask questions live through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during
   the live broadcast.

   Can't or don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the
   show's broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on
   AIM.

   If you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show
   by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the
   show's title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through
   iTunes or any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   UPCOMING SHOWS:

   Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday February 10, 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Call in and read your poetry, open mic style. No content or style
   restrictions. Share details about your local poetry community with
   our listeners. We want to hear you!

   RECENTLY ARCHIVED BROADCASTS:

   January Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday January 13
   The January edition of our open reading featured callers from Tacoma
   Park, Maryland, Sioux City, IA (Our first call in regular!), a slew
   of callers from North Carolina, Valley Center, California and
   Virginia (D.C. area.) Please ignore all the wrong buttons I pressed.

   December Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday December 16
   Hear callers including the poet laureate of New Hampshire, as well as
   callers from Lawrenceville, NJ, Sioux City, IA, Birmingham, AL,
   Chicago, IL and Atlanta, GA in our December 2007 open reading.

   GOT A SHOW IDEA?

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 513 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   Announcing the fourth annual Skysaje Enterprises poetry contest.
   All entries must be typed in 12pts font preferably in times new roman
   or better font. All entries must be in English/American
   standard. $250.00 top prize and three $25.00 Honorable mentions will
   be awarded. $15.00 US entry fee must accompany all submissions,
   submit up to five pieces per entry. Make checks payable to L.Berger
   and send your entries to:

   Skysaje Enterprises
   50 Amesbury RD.
   Rochester, NY 14623

   _____

   New from Assume Nothing Press -

   "Get the Rollax Repliccas You Watned, Vermin: Poems, Directly
   Marketed" by E.V. Noechel: Noechel presents a chapbook of poems
   inspired by email subject lines. She has created poems that transform
   and reveal the social commentary these intruding emails hold.
   http://tinyurl.com/2ona8a

   Also available: "Peripheral Visions" by Scott Virtes
   http://assumenothingpress.blogspot.com
   http://www.thepoetrymarket.com

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   PUT YOUR  POEMS  ON T-SHIRTS!

   (or your pictures, images, website logos, poetry on t-shirts,
   sweatshirts, coffee mugs, and mouse pads, hats, picture frames, lunch
   boxes, stickers, postcards, calendars, frisbees, and more!)

   Also custom make your own books and CDs with full color art and
   professional packaging.

   Set up your store for free and earn commission from every sale or
   order merchandise for yourself or for gifts.

   visit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=rickpoet
   for the details.

   _____

   A Man With No Teeth Serves Us Breakfast
   is Rick Lupert's latest release and the author's 11th book written
   during two weeks in Boston and London during the summer of 2006. It's
   a reverse trip through the American Revolution with a special stop to
   tread on the remains of King George The III and an introduction by
   Brendan Constantine. Read sample poems and learn how to get your copy
   here: http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/noteeth.html

   See a video of Rick reading from this book here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESl6nId6Mro

   See an interview with Rick at his weekly open reading here:
   http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyHYN0gXGP4

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

    --

Visit the Travel  Super   Highway    for all of your discount
 airfare needs:   http://TravelSuperHighway.com/