POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY you've got poems, we've got prizes

   � ENTER THE 2010 PSH POETRY CONTEST: EVERYONE GETS A PRIZE!
   The 2010 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest is well under way.
   Thanks to our many sponsors, in addition to the cash prizes to the
   contest winners, everyone will get a poetry/writing related prize
   just for entering! Enter now! Click on "2010 Contest" from the main
   PSH Menu for all the details, or email
   guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines
   automatically e-mailed to you.

   � INTERESTED IN SPONSORING?
   Join the 30 sponsors who have offered almost 200 prizes to be awarded
   to our contest entrants. If you'd like to donate, books,
   subscriptions, services, or anything of specific interested to Poets
   and Writers in exchange for promotional mention in our classified
   section and in all contest correspondence for the duration of the
   contest, please click on "SPONSOR THE 2010 POETRY CONTEST" from the
   main PSH menu for all the details.

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 669 - ISSN: 1523-6587

August 9-15, 2010

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from AUSTIN, TX amd DAYTONA BEACH, FL

   ~ 2 new poetry and writing links added this week.

   ~ B IS FOR BAD POETRY BY PAMELA AUGUST RUSSELL featured
     this week in the PSH Bookstore (more guilty pleasure)

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: Next show: Judges Conversation Archived / Open
     Reading August 22

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are: JOE BLANDA and A.J. HUFFMAN:

   JOE BLANDA (Austin, Texas) makes his living editing technical stuff
   and playing music. He also writes poetry and songs.

   A.J. HUFFMAN (Daytona Beach, Florida) is a poet and freelance writer
   in who has previously published work in literary journals, in the
   U.K. as well as America, such as Avon Literary Intelligencer, Eastern
   Rainbow, Medicinal Purposes Literary Review, The Intercultural
   Writer's Review, Icon, Writer's Gazette, and The Penwood Review.

   Read their work by clicking on "POETS OF THE WEEK" from the main PSH
   menu.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAGES LISTINGS THIS WEEK:

   ROUGH VERSE PROJECT
   A poet's quest to conquer writer's block by writing one poem every
   day for a year. (And possibly longer!)

   THE VERY BAD POET
   A melange of words stitched up with dubious intent by Pamela August
   Russell

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   B IS FOR BAD POETRY by PAMELA AUGUST RUSSELL featured this week in
   the PSH Bookstore.

   PSH Editor says: another guilty pleasure.

   Forget Shakespeare. Don�t count on Donne. Shelley and Keats:
   banished! And there�s absolutely no poet laureate from the golden or
   any other age. So fawning PhDs in love with little-understood verses
   by long-dead writers should go elsewhere. This is poetry for the rest
   of us�bad poetry! Pamela Russell�s unexalted (but thoroughly
   hysterical) poems mock, chide, accuse, tease, joke, undermine, point,
   and laugh at the world around us�and at anything that takes itself
   too seriously. Her non-canonical oeuvre includes: Tea For Two (A
   Tragedy); Nietzsche And The Ice-Cream Truck; Capitalism Can Fall Not
   Like I Fell For You; Inappropriately Touched By An Angel; Love Is
   Like A Toilet Bowl; and many more.

   Who knew bad poetry could be so good!

   Click here for more and to order:
   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1402767870/poetrysuperhighw

   Hardcover, 128 Pages, Published by Sterling (October, 2009)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.You can listen to the shows
   through your web browser as well as call in and ask questions live
   through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during the live broadcast.Can't or
   don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the show's
   broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on AIM.If
   you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show by
   visiting http://blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the show's
   title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through iTunes or
   any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   Upcoming Shows:

   AUGUST 2010 WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday August 22, 2010 ~ 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Join our monthly open reading. Tune in to hear poets from all over
   the world read their work and/or call in and read one of your poems.
   There are no content or style restrictions. We'd love to hear your
   poem! Hosted monthly by Poetry Super Highway's Rick Lupert.

   Recently Archived broadcasts:

   AUGUST 2010 WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday August 22, 2010 ~ 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Join our monthly open reading. Tune in to hear poets from all over
   the world read their work and/or call in and read one of your poems.
   There are no content or style restrictions. We'd love to hear your
   poem! Hosted monthly by Poetry Super Highway's Rick Lupert.

   JUNE 2010 WORLDWIDE OPEN READING
   Sunday June 13, 2010
   Great show this month featured callers from Vancouver, BC, Canada,
   Sonoma, CA, Lake Wells, FL, Newark, NJ, Los Angeles, CA, Columbos, OH
   and Valley Center, OH. Lots of information about Russian dogs in
   space as well.

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 602 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   TOM HOWARD/JOHN H. REID POETRY CONTEST - CLOSING NEXT MONTH

   Eighth year. Ten cash prizes totaling $5,550. Top prize $3,000.
   Submit poems in any style or genre. Both published and unpublished
   work accepted. Winning entries published online. Entry fee is $7 for
   every 25 lines, payable to Winning Writers. Postmark deadline:
   September 30. Judges: John H. Reid, Dee C. Konrad. Submit online or
   mail to Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard Poetry Contest, 351
   Pleasant Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060. Winning Writers is
   one of the "101 Best Websites for Writers" (Writer's Digest,
   2005-2010). More information: http://www.winningwriters.com/tompoetry

   _____

   SECOND SUNDAY POETRY SERIES: This open mic poetry reading series,
   hosted by Alex M. Frankel, takes place on the second Sunday of every
   month at the Cafe Alibi in Old Town Pasadena. Great local and
   national poets are featured. They perform their work, sell and sign
   books and mingle with audience members and open mic participants.
   Admission is free but there is a one drink minimum.

   Next reading: Sunday, August 8, 5 pm. Features: Jessica Goodheart,
   Annette Sugden and Alex M. Frankel. This is Pasadena's leading
   poetry event! For more about the series go to
   http://www.secondsundaypoetry.com/

   The Cafe Alibi is at 84 South Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, near Green St.

   _____

   LAST CALL! Extended Deadline:
   THE DREAM QUEST ONE POETRY & WRITING CONTEST. Write a poem, thirty
   lines or fewer on any subject or write short story five pages
   maximum, single or double line spacing, on any subject or theme,
   fiction or non-fiction. Multiple entries are accepted. Extended
   Postmark deadline: August 9, 2010. Awards: Writing Contest First
   Prize is $500; Second: $250; Third: $100. Poetry Contest First Prize:
   $250; Second: $125; Third: $50. All contest winners will be notified
   and published online in the Dare to Dream pages, on September 11,
   2010. Entry fees: $5 per poem, $10 per short story. Info: Include
   title of poem or story, name, address, phone#, email, brief
   biographical info. (Tell us a little about yourself) on the
   coversheet; add a self-addressed stamped envelope for entry
   confirmation. Entry fees payable to: �DREAMQUESTONE.COM�- Mail to:
   Dream Quest One Poetry & Writing Contest, P.O. Box 3141, Chicago, IL
   60654. Visit http://www.dreamquestone.com/ for details and to enter!

   _____

   Voices Israel proudly sponsors the 21st international Reuben Rose
   Poetry Contest. http://www.freewebs.com/voicesisrael/
   Prizes: US$500; US$200; US$100. 10 hon.mentions. Entries considered
   for publication in Voices 2011 anthology.
   Conditions. Entries unlimited (40 lines per poem). All styles of
   challenging, humorous & curious poetry in 2 copies/one without info.
   of entrant. Entry fee US$5 per poem. Deadline Oct. Ist. Winners
   announced Dec/Jan. Judge. Prof Seymour Mayne,
   Ottawa University. Address: Voices Israel, P.O.Box 236, Kiriat Ata
   28101, Israel. (Cash/checks to 'Voices Israel').

   _____

   PSH website viewers get a 50% discount on chapbook printing services
   from Palabra Productions for the duration of the PSH contest. Go to
   http://palabraproductions.blogspot.com for very inexpensive pricing
   to produce your next chapbook. And don't forget to mention you saw
   this on the PSH.

   _____

   After twelve years of Internet-based self-abuse, UnlikelyStories.org
   is finally unveiling its first year of paperbacks! Check out My Hands
   Were Clean by Tom Bradley, bound together with Dr. Gonzo by Deb Hoag,
   Monolith by Anne McMillen, bound together with Soy solo palabras but
   wish to be a city by Le�n De la Rosa, and Unlikely Stories of the
   Third Kind, a 400-page project of all things UnlikelyStories.org,
   including a CD and DVD! Keep appraised at
   http://www.facebook.com/unlikely.stories and
   http://www.UnlikelyStories.org!

   _____

   "A Breath of Paint" by LB Sedlacek is a new chapbook
   featuring travel and adventure poems. Only $2 (US).
   Order at http://tinyurl.com/24zqb9z
   http://www.lbsedlacek.com/

   _____

   Full Of Crow Press and Distribution produces print and web based
   publications of poetry, fiction, art, essays, interviews, reviews,
   audio, and more. We are pleased to launch a new chapbook series,
   featuring poetry and short fiction. Come check us out at our
   poetry/small press fest this October 23 in Akron, Ohio! All welcome.
   Contact: Lynn Alexander through www.fullofcrow.com/akronfest.html

   _____

   COREY MESLER : It's unprecedented, two novels released on the same
   day, March 31, 2010,from two different presses: Following Richard
   Brautigan (Livingston Press) and The Ballad of the Two Tom Mores
   (Bronx River Press). They may be ordered signed or inscribed from
   http://www.burkesbooks.com. Tom Piazza said, "Corey Mesler�s writing
   is scary, funny, smart, and deeply twisted."

   _____

   Unfound Gems

   Roy Anthony Shabla is hailed as the spiritual heir to Rumi. His book
   of ecstatic poems, eating God, is a rare delight. "If poets could be
   superstars... Roy Anthony Shabla is the man to watch!" ~ Spirit of
   the Valley. roy anthony shabla .com

   Zero One is a black, gay, homeless, rap poet living on the streets of
   Los Angeles. His book, Revolution Rapture, is a raw and poignant
   comment on our modern society. lulu.com/zeroone revolution rapture

   _____

   EXPERIENCED POETRY AND WRITING MENTOR LINDA LEEDY SCHNEIDER
   Collaborate through telephone conferences and E-mail with an
   award-winning internationally published poet, college writing
   instructor, psychotherapist and Pushcart nominee

   Beginning or experienced writers welcome. Most writers published if
   that is one of their goals. (616) 942-7179 or Loschneide@AOL.com
   http://www.pw.org/content/linda_leedy_schneider

   _____

   We Put Things In Our Mouths by Rick Lupert

   "Lupert] writes to us as if we were together, in a library say, a
   room where speech is forbidden. His poems are passed to us with a
   nod, a smile librarians can�t see."

                  - Brendan Constantine

   A new collection of humorous European poetry from poetic
   observationalist Rick Lupert, master of the poetic travelogue. Join
   Rick as he travels through Amsterdam with Rembrandt and Van Gough and
   discovers his hesitance with the city�s slogan �I Am Amsterdam.�
   Taste Belgium�s chocolate and beer in the cities of Brussels and
   Brugge (that�s how THEY spell it.) Stop in to Magritte�s house.
   Re-visit Paris, its cheese. its Monet, its wild eyed man with a giant
   toothbrush in Montmartre. Travel through Europe with Rick Lupert as
   his wife earnestly tries to get the pen away from him. Rediscover
   your poetic sense of humor�put these poems in your mouth.

   http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

   _____

   A Poet's Haggadah: Passover Through the Eyes of Poets edited by Rick
   Lupert

   36 Poets reinterpret the traditional themes and text of the Passover
   Haggadah through their own unique lenses. Guaranteed to add something
   different to your own seders and a great read! Edited by Los Angeles
   Poet Rick Lupert (Creator of the Poetry Super Highway) Includes work
   from Helen Bar-Lev, Lynne Bronstein, Salvatore Buttaci, Howard
   Camner, Larry Colker, devin davis, Barbara Elovic, Robert Klein
   Engler, David Gershator, Leslie Halpern, Claudia Handler, Daniel Y.
   Harris, Elizabeth Iannaci, Marc Jampole, Rachel Kann, Beth Kanter,
   Peggy Landsman, Michael Levy, Jake Marmer, Ellyn Maybe, Heather
   McNaugher, Daniel Olivas, Judith Pacht, Jaimes Palacio, Jonathan
   Penton, Joan Pond, Lanie Shanzyra P. Rebancos, Richard Schiffman, G.
   David Schwartz, Adam Shechter, Diana Sher, Scott Alixander Sonders,
   Julia Stein, S. Thomas Summers, Pam Ward and Misha Weidman.

   More info and get the book here: http://www.poetseder.com/

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   I AM MY OWN ORANGE COUNTY - 11TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION by RICK LUPERT

   "Irreverent and yet somehow deeply empathic, many of the pieces
   showcase Lupert's Prevert-like instinct for finding the profound in
   the absurd."

                  - Brendan Constantine

   Rick's second book, originally published in 1997 with all of the
   original selected poems from artwork, introduction and orange-ness,
   along with a newly written "Re-Introduction" and a "bonus material"
   section featuring a selection of 29 additional (sometimes even MORE
   sophomoric) poems from the I Am My Own Orange County 'era'.
   http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/iamooc.html

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

Rick
8/7/2010 6:15:13 PM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

'You've Got Problems!'
As more users turn to the vast array of content beyond AOL's walls, the Net provider is fighting back in an urgent bid to remain relevant. By Hiawatha Bray, Globe Staff, 1/26/2004 After five years, Rich Krause finally gave up AOL. The 46-year-old attorney in Stillman Valley, Ill., got his Internet access from a small local dial-up provider, but also maintained a subscription to America Online, the nation's largest Internet service provider, with its vast array of news and entertainment resources. But Krause rarely used the AOL services. "The features that they had ...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY you got poems, we got prizes
� ENTER OUR POETRY CONTEST: EVERYONE GETS A PRIZE! The 2008 Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest is well under way. Thanks to our many sponsors, in addition to the cash prizes to the contest winners, everyone will get a poetry/writing related prize just for entering! Enter now! Click on "2009 Contest" from the main PSH Menu for all the details, or email guidelines@poetrysuperhighway.com to have the guidelines automatically e-mailed to you. � INTERESTED IN SPONSORING? Join the 30 sponsors who have offered almost 100 prizes to be awarded to our c...

Re: 'You've Got Problems!'
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:39:34 -0500, Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com> wrote: > And during the game, we'll see the father-and-son cast of the cable TV > show "American Chopper" promoting a new AOL feature that will speed up > Web surfing, even for customers who use slow telephone modem > connections. It's a colorful and costly effort to convince Internet > users that one of the old titans of the Internet hasn't sunk into > irrelevance. NetZero has been offering such caching/data-compression features in their NetZero HiSpeed service for...

Microsoft: You've got it all WRONG. It's Apple's iPad playing catch-up with our Surface
<http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2013/10/24/microsoft_shaw_on_apple/> <quote> Microsoft's corporate mouthpiece and score-settler Frank Shaw has launched a war of words against the iPad, saying that compared to the Surface's pricing and productivity potential, Apple's slablet is "playing catch-up". Blogging from Nokia World in Abu Dhabi, Shaw - who is perhaps best known for griping about what he saw as unfair press coverage on Windows 8 - was commenting on new slabs from Microsoft and Apple this week. </quote> :-) -- You know your g...

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me
Quiet. Is everyone just dumbstruck by my planar ponderings, or has Echelon scooped all of you up? Shh........ I'm busy reading about the MI5 stuff. We could be next. "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:0Dcuh.68$Dw4.49@newsfe03.lga... > Quiet. Is everyone just dumbstruck by my planar ponderings, or has > Echelon scooped all of you up? Take some time and find your long forgotten projector and screen. Watch some movies, it's quiet on the group. Me, I'll just go back to digging that bunker. Like Bob, I've ...

I've Got a Upgrade 13 for UNIX I'd Like to Sell
Can I sell an Autocad Upgrade 13 for UNIX (on cd-rom)--apparently complete in box with two templates--on Ebay? I don't see much of any older Autocad products on ebay. Is it ok to sell it there, or does Autodesk frown on that? There is also a Upgrade 12 disk for Silicon Graphics Iris Indigo. This type of software isn't my kinda thing. I'd like to find a good home for it all but would rather not list something on ebay that would get pulled. Thanks for any info. blankcrows@aol.com wrote: > or does > Autodesk frown on that? Frown upon? No. It's a violat...

Hey I've got a homework problem I'm working on and am stumped.
It goes like the following: Use AdventureWorks database and HumanResources.Department table. Create a stored procedure called spDepartmentAddUpdate. This procedure accepts two parameters: Name, and GroupName. The data types are VarChar(50), and VarChar(50) respectively. Define logic in this procedure to check for an existing Department record with the same Name. If the department record exists, update the GroupName and ModifiedDate. Otherwise, insert a new department record. A. Execute your stored procedure to show that the insert logic works. B. Execute your stored procedure to show that...

I've got to stop clicking on these one-hit-wonder 'nyms
one-hit troll "Ian Curnew" wrote: > chrisv wrote: > >> I understand *far* more >> about most anything technical than does 99% of the population. > >From: chrisv >Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage >Message-ID: <qslo72523po0keq8bcb64l2f6c3dn0u5pv@4ax.com> > >"For the vast majority the 75GXP is fast and reliable." > >"Your anti-IBM slime campaign has now been widely discredited." Hehe. Thanks for the memories. Those are actually Ron Reaugh quotes. I was quoting him because, as much as I di...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY now with 25% more 'super'
� OVER 75 PRIZES DONATED SO FAR TO THIS YEAR'S POETRY CONTEST We're looking for prize donations for our 13th annual summer poetry contest. If you'd like to donate, books, subscriptions, services, or anything of specific interested to Poets and Writers in exchange for promotional mention in our classified section and in all contest correspondence for the duration of the contest, please click on "SPONSOR THE 2010 POETRY CONTEST" from the main PSH menu for all the details. � LAST WEEKS PSH LIVE OPEN READING WAS A HOOT Listen to all th...

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY now with extra 'super'
� Join over 22 sponsors have offered over 60 prizes so far for our 10th annual summer Poetry contest. Wwe will undoubtedly be able to, once again, offer a prize of interest to poets and writers to every single contest entrant, just for entering, regardless of their entry's score. Interested in sponsoring? If you'd like to donate, books, subscriptions, services, or anything of specific interested to Poets and Writers in exchange for promotional mention in our classified section and in all contest correspondence for the duration of the contest, p...

If you had a Verizon family plan in the 2000's, you've got some cash coming [telecom]
by Hunter Stuart Verizon agreed to a proposed settlement last week under which it would pay $64.2 million to settle claims that it overcharged customers who signed up for family plans. Family SharePlan customers were allegedly billed for in-network calls that were supposed to be free, according to a class-action lawsuit filed in 2006 in a New Jersey federal court. Customers with that plan were also allegedly billed more than the advertised rate for additional minutes they used over their monthly allowance. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/30/verizon-overcharging-64-mi...

You've got evidence / When will we learn that digital communication isn't private? [telecom]
Perspective You've got evidence When will we learn that digital communication isn't private? By Tom Keane November 28, 2010 Are scoundrels and villains just stupider today than they once were? It used to be that if you were going to commit a crime or merely be a bit naughty, you'd try to cover your tracks. Getting caught was an outcome to be avoided. Yet now we put our transgressions on display for the world to see. A case in point comes from the campaign of Tim Cahill, state treasurer and erstwhile independent candidate for governor. In the waning weeks...

I've got Labview 7.1; how can I build an application to run on Windows '95?
I've got Labview 7.1 with App Builder 7.1. I've been asked to modify some legacy Labview code and build it into an application that runs on Windows '95, '98, & 2000. Is this possible without getting an earlier version of Labview? Since the 7.1 runtime will not install on 95 or 98, you try making your own runtime installer. You just need to copy the correct files to the target PC to get it to work. Still no guarantee that it will run on 95, but it=92s worth a shot. Follow the discussion <a href=3D"http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=3D101&RPAG...

Want to iterate through 51 factorial card decks... don't know if I've got the hardware for it...
I hope this is the right group for this... I'm totally over my head with this one. I want to create a program that will iterate through the entire range of decks possible -- would be 52 but because of the cyclical nature of the deck I'm looking for, I'm just going to fix the Ace of Hearts at position #1 and go through the rest. Basically, I want to be able to iterate through each possible deck, so that comes out to about 10^67, I think? I might have to do as many as 500 boolean-like tests on it (IsFullHouseAt(int position) for instance) to make sure all the cards are in a suitabl...

Web resources about - POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY you've got poems, we've got prizes - comp.publish.electronic.misc