POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY your weekly poetry snackage

   � PSH Live:ave you tuned in?
   We've had several great open readings the last several months on
   Poetry Super Highway Live.  Many of the people who have been Poets of
   the Week here have called in and read their work.  You can hear all
   of our past shows in the archive.  Click on PSH Live from the main
   PSH Menu to listen (and subscribe via podcast/iTunes etc to future
   shows if you so desire.)  Our next show is Sunday, April 6th...save
   the date and call in and read!

   � Great Poetry Exchange Follow Up:
   Thanks to the 55 (of 90) poets who have beat the 2 week deadline and
   notified me they have already sent their Great Poetry Exchange
   contribution to their assigned participant. If you're a participant
   and you didn't get the e-mail telling you where to mail your book,
   send me an e-mail and I'll resend the info. The deadline to send your
   book is this Monday, March 17th and don't forget to notify me that
   it's gone out. Thanks again to everyone for participating!

THE POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY WEEKLY VIRTUAL UPDATE
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/
Issue # 546 - ISSN: 1523-6587

March 17-23, 2008

   this week:

   ~ This week featuring poets from PHOENIX, AZ and ITASCA, IL

   ~ 5 new poetry and writing related link added this week.

   ~ DRIVING WITH DANTE by BRIAN MICHAEL TRACY featured this week in the
     Poets of the Week section of the PSH Bookstore.

   ~ PSH LIVE Schedule: March 9th Show archived

   ~ Poetry / Writing related Classified Ads.

POETS OF THE WEEK

   ~ This week's featured poets are:

   DAVID CHORLTON and MICHAEL LEE JOHNSON

   DAVID CHORLTON (Phoenix, Arizona)  was born in Austria, grew up in
   England, and spent several years in Vienna before moving to Phoenix
   in 1978. He has become increasingly fascinated by the drama of the
   Arizona landscape, and continues to explore it when he can, along
   with his wife Roberta, with a birding field guide close at hand. His
   newest published books reflect this concern for the natural world.
   They are Waiting for the Quetzal, from March Street Press, and The
   Porous Desert, from Future Cycle Press.

   MICHAEL LEE JOHNSON (Itasca, Illinois) is a poet, and freelance
   writer.  He is self-employed in advertising, and selling custom
   promotional products.  He is the author of The Lost American:  From
   Exile to Freedom, He has also published two chapbooks of poetry.   He
   is also nominated for the James B. Baker Award in poetry, Sam's Dot
   Publishing.  He is a contributor in the Silver Boomers poetry
   anthology about aging baby boomers, by Silver Boomer Books.  Michael
   Lee Johnson presently resides in Itasca,  Illinois, United States.
   He lived in Canada during the Vietnam era and will be published as a
   contributor poet in the anthology Crossing Lines: Poets Who Came to
   Canada in the Vietnam War Era publication scheduled for early 2008.
   He has been published in USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia,
   Scotland, Turkey, Fuji, Nigeria, Algeria, Africa, India, United
   Kingdom, Republic of Sierra Leone, Thailand, Kuala Lumpur, and
   Malaysia.

   Click on "FEATURED POETS" from the main PSH menu to read their work.

NEW POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LINKS

   Here are all of the new sites added to the Poetry Super Highway's
   poetry and writing links sections.

   You can find the actual links on the PSH website in the 3 poetry links
   categories. Click on "Add Your Link Here" from the main PSH menu to
   add your poetry/writing website to our directory.

   NEW ONLINE PUBLICATIONS LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ ORIGAMI CONDOM
   Poetry Publication. See website for submission guidelines.

   NEW INDIVIDUAL POETS PAFES LISTINGS THIS WEEK

   ~ RANDOM THOUGHTS OF AN OBESE MIND
   The poetry of Sal Treppiedi. Check out information about his book,
   "Random Thoughts of An Obese Mind."

   ~ PO�MES
   Po�me d'amour, po�mes et je t'aime. Le po�me d'amour la glace est
   traduit en 140 langues dont Hi�roglyphes et Maya par des chercheurs.

   ~ MYSTICAL POETRY
   Michaela Sefler is an mystical poet living in Montreal, Canada. Her
   poetry is spiritual and esoteric and her poems allude to ancient
   ideals. In her poetry she draws on the Qabbala, and other ancient
   writings, to convey a message of hope, and survival describing
   present realities in the light of ancient truths . She has six
   published compilations of poetry. Still true, A fortress in my heart,
   The sun is hot, Through the ages, and Seven stars and Healing tree.

   ~ CHARLAXFABELS
   evolved poemslengthy short stories

POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY BOOKSTORE

   Featured this week in the Poets of the Week section of the PSH
   Bookstore:

   DRIVING WITH DANTE by BRIAN MICHAEL TRACY

   The book begins with a series of meditative poems. It expands to the
   comic and there are explorations of of history, religion and
   politics. We seem to meet the shade of Wallace Stevens and talk to
   Larry Levis. Finally we take a ride through Los Angeles with Dante at
   the wheel, culminating in a noir-ish, apocalyptical vision of the
   past, or is it the future? Either way it's quite a ride
         --Richard Garcia

   Brian Tracy's poetry gives the reader that instant feeling of
   recognition derived from the realization that one has just
   encountered something universal, something uniquely human that
   resonates with all of us. It is the kind of poetry that captures a
   piece of the essence of what it means to live life and connect into
   the common energy that binds us all
         --Martin Hughes Paperback,

   44 pages, published by Midnight Tea Publishing, LLC, (November, 2007)

   ~ If you are or were a featured poet of the week on the Poetry Super
   Highway AND  you have a book available through Amazon.com, please let
   me know so we can feature your work in the Poetry Super Highway
   Bookstore in a new section just for former featured poet's books.
   Write books@PoetrySuperHighway.com with your name and the title of
   the book.

UPCOMING POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY LIVE EVENTS

   Our Live events are hosted through BlogTalk Radio and can be accessed
   during the event by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and
   clicking on the "Click to Listen" button.

   You can listen to the shows through your web browser as well as call
   in and ask questions live through by dialing (646) 716-7362 during
   the live broadcast.

   Can't or don't want to call in? You can ask questions live during the
   show's broadcast time by sending an instant message to RickPoet on
   AIM.

   If you can't make the live time, you can also listen to any past show
   by visiting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/psh and clicking on the
   show's title. (As well as subscribe to all of our shows through
   iTunes or any other software you use to listen to podcasts.

   UPCOMING SHOWS:

   Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday April 6, 2:00 pm (pacific)
   Call in and read your poetry, open mic style. No content or style
   restrictions. Share details about your local poetry community with
   our listeners. We want to hear you!

   RECENTLY ARCHIVED BROADCASTS:

   March Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday March 9
   The March edition of our open reading featured readers from Santa
   Monica, CA, Valley Center, CA, North Carolina, Augusta, Maine and
   Portland Oregon.

   January Worldwide Open Reading
   Sunday January 13
   The January edition of our open reading featured callers from Tacoma
   Park, Maryland, Sioux City, IA (Our first call in regular!), a slew
   of callers from North Carolina, Valley Center, California and
   Virginia (D.C. area.) Please ignore all the wrong buttons I pressed.

   GOT A SHOW IDEA?

   Poetry Super Highway Live would love to host your reading, interview,
   contest promotion or other poetry/writing related show. Please e-mail
   your show idea to Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com, and we'll take it from
   there.

AND SO ON . . .

   The Poetry Super Highway was accessed 674 times since last week.

POETRY CLASSIFIEDS

   For information on placing Poetry Related classifieds ads on the
   Poetry Super Highway web page and weekly e-mail outburst, send an
   e-mail to: classifieds@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   _____

   TOM HOWARD/JOHN H. REID SHORT STORY CONTEST � CLOSING SOON
   Sixteenth year. Fourteen cash prizes totaling $5,250. Top prize
   $2,000. Seeks short stories, essays and other works of prose, up to
   5,000 words. Winning entries published online. Both published and
   unpublished work accepted. Fee per entry is $12, payable to Winning
   Writers. Postmark deadline: March 31. Judges: J.H. Reid, D.C. Konrad.
   Submit online or mail to Winning Writers, Attn: Tom Howard Short
   Story Contest, 351 Pleasant Street, PMB 222, Northampton, MA 01060.
   Winning Writers is proud to be one of "101 Best Websites for Writers"
   Writer's Digest, 2005-2007). More information:
   http://www.winningwriters.com/tomstory

   _____

   Advertise your book. Get extra attention! Have your book featured
   monthly on http://www.author-promotion.com . Author & Book Promotions
   showcases authors' literary works and is also a resource directory
   for aspiring and established authors -- comprised of articles,
   marketing tips, book awards, and resources on book promotion.

   _____

   Announcing the release of Within Lanaia's Garden of Darkness, take
   Lanaia's hand and come travel with her through her garden of
   darkness, collecting all the things the darkness has to offer.
   Traveling through the darkness with the supernatural and spirits,
   only if you dare. Remember at the end of the garden, there is always
   a ray of light called hope. You can get this book of poetry of the
   darkness available everywhere by February 14, 2008 but you can
   purchase from the A. G. Press web site www.agpress.50megs.com, just
   go to the bookstore

   _____

   Announcing the fourth annual Skysaje Enterprises poetry contest.
   All entries must be typed in 12pts font preferably in times new roman
   or better font. All entries must be in English/American
   standard. $250.00 top prize and three $25.00 Honorable mentions will
   be awarded. $15.00 US entry fee must accompany all submissions,
   submit up to five pieces per entry. Make checks payable to L.Berger
   and send your entries to:

   Skysaje Enterprises
   50 Amesbury RD.
   Rochester, NY 14623

   Submission deadline: April 30th 2008.

   _____

   Instant Publisher offers the ability for you to print professional
   quality, perfect bound, with glossy full color cover books, which you
   lay out yourself directly from your computer.

   Your book can be any number of pages with any design you want in black
   and white or full color for the front and back covers.

   You simply download the Instant Publisher software to your computer,
   lay out your book using any program you want (Publisher, Microsoft
   Word, Quark XPress, Adobe Indesign, etc...) and then when you're
   ready, you print over the internet to the Instant Publisher servers.

   In less than 2 weeks, you'll get your books in the mail!

   You can order as few as 25 books if you want. They can also provide
   ISBN and Barcodes for your book if you want, and full color cover
   design if you need it.

   This is the cheapest way to get bookstore quality books of your
   poetry or any other work in almost any quantity.

   Visit http://www.instantpublisher.com/default.asp?afcc=1172 for
   more info!

   _____

   PUT YOUR  POEMS  ON T-SHIRTS!

   (or your pictures, images, website logos, poetry on t-shirts,
   sweatshirts, coffee mugs, and mouse pads, hats, picture frames, lunch
   boxes, stickers, postcards, calendars, frisbees, and more!)

   Also custom make your own books and CDs with full color art and
   professional packaging.

   Set up your store for free and earn commission from every sale or
   order merchandise for yourself or for gifts.

   visit: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=rickpoet
   for the details.

   _____

   A Man With No Teeth Serves Us Breakfast
   is Rick Lupert's latest release and the author's 11th book written
   during two weeks in Boston and London during the summer of 2006. It's
   a reverse trip through the American Revolution with a special stop to
   tread on the remains of King George The III and an introduction by
   Brendan Constantine. Read sample poems and learn how to get your copy
   here: http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/noteeth.html

   See a video of Rick reading from this book here:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESl6nId6Mro

   See an interview with Rick at his weekly open reading here:
   http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyHYN0gXGP4

   _____

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/

    --

Visit the Travel  Super   Highway    for all of your discount
 airfare needs:   http://TravelSuperHighway.com/