Surface Mount Assembly

www.bleachboys.com/sma/

0
The
7/2/2003 2:26:43 PM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Observations upon the change over from old paper publishing to newer electronic publishing media.
I was even surprised how many ladies had once confused y name with old Jacks there ;) ...

RAM Mounting Systems Flat Surface Mount for Garmin GPS 60, GPSMAP 60, 60C, 60CS, 60CX, 60CSx
Price:$29.13 Image: http:///image.php?id=B000TFPKYC Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B000TFPKYC Well thought out and sturdily built, this does hold my GPS very well. It holds the GPS snugly, too snugly it seems, at least until you get the knack of how the GPS was designed to be removed, with distortion of the plastic to release it. I am quite pleased with both its design and function. As the owner of multiple GPS products with factory mounts, the RAM Mounting System Flat Surface Mount for the Garmin 60csx is far superior than anything I've encountered. The mount was ver...

normal to a surface in an assembly
If I want to get a view that is perpendicular to a flat surface in an assembly, not sure how to do it. I know that if I click on edit component and pick a plane for sketching I can get normal to that surface. But if I just want to view a surface normal to it (i.e. perpendicular) how do I do it? Thanks for any help, folks in this group are really great. Pick the face you want, ctrl-pick another face that you want "up", then hit the Normal-to icon on the view toolbar. If you want to save that view, hit the spacebar and define a new view. WT "billyb" <bhorn1@voyager...

Copied surfaces in assembly
Anyone had this problem? I copy a quilt using copy-and-paste from one part into another part. If this new copy feature fails for whatever reason (...or for no conceivable reason...), while regenerated the assembly then you would expect the quick fix/redefine menu to take you back to the assembly, right? Because that's where the feature was made. But sometimes it doesn't. It really pisses me off because I can't redefine the surface within the part, I need the assembly, and if I try to resume the failed feature (because I've clip/suppressed it) within the assembly, it jus...

Electronic publishers or traditional?
Ask these questions to make sure they're right for you: 1 - How much will it cost to turn your manuscript into a published book? 2 - What is the minimum number of books you have to purchase, and what does each book cost you? 3 - How much input do you have in the final design, layout, and cover of your book? 4 - How much input do you have on the content? Will it be edited to a point where even YOU don't recognize it? 5 - How will your book be bound an will it include an EAN barcode? (Retailers typically won't stock books that are not perfect bound and lack an ...

buy electronics, sell electronics , auction electronics new, used electronics marketplace a1
buy electronics, sell electronics , auction electronics new, used electronics marketplace http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/main.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/lie-detectors.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/light-key-chains.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/metal-detectors.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/mp3-accessories.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/pointers.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/portable-audio-video.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/projectors.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electronics/pvr.htm http://www.atoncer.com/electro...

Above Floor Surface Mount Box
Other than Hubbell ,who else makes Above Floor Surface Mount Boxes ? The cable would be coming from underneath, 12" on concrete. Coring the floor is not an option to put a floorbox. Wiremold makes a "doghouse" type outlet (Walker series), designed to sit on a floor duct opening. You can check it out here: http://www.wiremold.com/shared_content/pdf/ed784.pdf Another solution might be to use a telecom/power pole to bring the cables from above. Here is your spec on the poles: http://www.wiremold.com/shared_content/pdf/ed420.pdf Good luck! -- Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD http://www....

Prototyping surface mount microcontrollers
Hi, I am currently taking an embedded systems design class, where we are building a computer using an ARM7 microcontroller. The class used to be based on the 8086 processor, which could easily be mounted on a breadboard for prototyping. After switching to the ARM, it was more difficult to do the prototyping since the AT91M42800A only comes in a 144 pin surface mount package. A special PCB was then designed to connect the important pins of the chip to the breadboard through a DIP package. I suppose a schematic would be more understandable: http://ece.wpi.edu/courses/ece3803d07/Datasheets/AT91M...

assemblies within assemblies
I nested an assembly within an assembly and I'm not able to move the parts in the nested assembly (sliding motion). It acts like it's a solid part. Is there a way around this? A nested assembly, or sub-assembly is resolved as either 'rigid' or 'flexible' in the context of the assembly that you've inserted it into. To allow it's own components to move, right click on the sub-assembly in the feature manager and select properties, on the right you will see 2 radio buttons, one flexible, the other rigid. Zander Zander wrote: > A nested assembly, or sub-as...

Prototyping Surface Mount Components??
Greetings, I am new to surface mount components, so let me seek advice from those who are well knowlegable. What is a good way for a hobbyist to prototype these components? When I used to do bread board type work with the HC11, I would stick the chip in the programmer, then bring it back to the board, and test it. The wiring was easy enough to change, and reprogramming the controller was easy. How does this work with surface mounts? As I understand, you most likely have to build a pcb for the circuit. What is a cheap way to do this? Are there any good references out there for equipment...

Programming Surface Mount PICs
Hello All, I am working on a tiny board with a surface mount microcontroller. (PIC16F876A) I have a P16PRO40 programmer, and it works quite well for DIP packaged chips, but there's no easy/good way to program surface mount devices. So I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to pull over the critical lines from the programmer to my new PCB (that has a pic16f876a on it) and program the micro on-board. I've hooked-up V+(13V), PGD, PGC, GND, and VDD(5V), but the chip doesn't want to program. I shorted out the crystal oscillator from the chip so it shouldn't be "r...

Q: to mount or not to mount?
Let's say a Linux system boots from a software mirror on /dev/hda and /dev/hdc and that a "/" partition and a swap partition are there. There is also a SCSI device, /dev/sda, which just happens to be a hardware RAID card with a bunch of SATA drives in external swap trays. It is one large partition mounted right off the root as /storage. Is there a way to allow the system to boot up happily with either all of the trays in or all of the trays out? I don't need to add or remove this area of the file system while the machine is running, but I would like to be able to boot...

what is mounted at a mount point?
Is there any way to determine what the kernel's idea of what is mounted at a mount point is? Specifically, I'd like to find out which directory was mounted using the bind mount option. This information is not in /proc/mounts. Is it even kept at all? I suspect operationally, it only has the directory inode to work from for the mount point? That even makes me wonder what happens if a bind mounted directory gets moved around from the perspective of a mount that has it as a subdirectory. Maybe time for some sacrifical experiments. -- |-------------------------------------...

mount on the same mount point
Hello, I'm trying to mount 2 md devices (/dev/md4 and /dev/md5) on the same mount point. I have just read that it is possible. Note : MD devices are JFS. But, altough I get no error, I do not get what I expected : the second mount command makes the first mount invisible. So, my 2 questions are : 1) is it possible to mount 2 MD devices on the same mount point? 2) If yes, how? Thanks climb65 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to mount 2 md devices (/dev/md4 and /dev/md5) on the same > mount point. I have just read that it is possible. > > Note : MD devices are ...

Web resources about - Surface Mount Assembly - comp.publish.electronic.misc

Speaker of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Speaker of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly is the presiding officer of the Legislative Assembly , New South Wales 's lower chamber ...

Lacklustre choice for ACT voters in Legislative Assembly elections
Canberra people are not a very fussy, or demanding lot, at the polling booths at least. Perhaps they have become cynical or have had enough of ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
Shirley Nelson, a retired teacher and chair of the Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did ...

Venezuela Opposition Won Majority of National Assembly Seats
Venezuela’s opposition alliance won a majority in Congress for the first time in 16 years in elections on Sunday as an unprecedented recession ...

Tesla Fremont Factory Tour Video Shows Model X Assembly
With Tesla Model X production still ramping up and only a handful out on the streets for folks to catch a glimpse of, seeing a video of the elusive ...

Maryland General Assembly to consider task force's police reform recommendations
The Maryland General Assembly will consider moving ahead on some police reform items Wednesday after the Workgroup on Public Safety and Policing ...

Ben Heck's Pi Top Assembly demo
Felix and Ben build an alternative laptop based on the Raspberry Pi, the Pi-Top! The successful Kickstarter laptop which you can build yourself. ...

NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope now on track for final mirror assembly
NASA's James Webb Space Telescope has hit critical development milestones and is nearing final assembly. NASA is confident of its launch timeline, ...

Venezuela contesting elections; opposition on verge of losing supermajority in assembly
Venezuela contesting elections; opposition on verge of losing supermajority in assembly

Five New Jersey 5th Graders Arrested for Plot to "Bomb" Another School's Assembly
In a straight-to-VHS Mary-Kate & Ashley movie come to life, five New Jersey 5th graders were arrested yesterday after teachers discovered their ...