The 10th Annual Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest

   Anthony Liccione, Assume Nothing Press, bottle rockets press, Brandon
   Cesmat, Christine Bruness, Chrystine Julian, Cloudy Day Art - Poetry
   Podcast, Daniel E. Levenson, Deborah P Kolodji, Egoboy Studios,
   Ellaraine Lockie, Evvy Garrett, Feel the Flow Publishing, Fickle
   Muses, Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, Frances Macaulay Forde, from
   east to west: bicoastal verse, Helene Cardona, Ink Publications, J.
   Graham Publishing, Jerry Garcia, John M. FitzGerald, L.B. Sedlacek,
   Late Blooms Poetry Postcard Contest for Women Over 40, layalama.com,
   Magdalena Ball, Mary Brown, Mary Kennedy Eastham, Matthew Abuelo,
   Maureen Alsop, Michaela A. Gabriel, Mike Scheidemann for 'Voices' The
   Israel English Poetry Association, Poemeleon: A Journal of Poetry,
   Point of Life Inc, Pun Night Lady productions, Santiam Publishing,
   Southern California Haiku Study Group, Stellar Showcase Journal,
   Stellar Showcase Journal, Terrie Leigh Relf, The Other Voices
   International Project, The Poetry Market Ezine, The Science Fiction
   Poetry Association, Trellis Literary Corporation/Trellis Magazine,
   Trish Shields, Turtle Ink Press, Twisted Tongue Magazine, Unlikely
   2.0, Vasin, Heyn & Company, Winning Writers

   It's our tenth annual Poetry Contest featuring cash prizes and
   51 sponsors who've donated 111 additional prizes.  Last year we
   were able to send every contest entrant a prize for participating
   and with even more prizes on this year's roster, we're hoping to do
   the same.

Read below for all the Entry Guidelines, The Complete Prize List, The
Judges, and the 2006 Contest Calendar

ENTRY GUIDELINES

   ~ The Poetry Super Highway Poetry Contest Is Open to all human beings
     on planet Earth. (except for the three judges)

   ~ Enter as many poems as you like.

   ~ Please include all entered poems in a single e-mail
     (not separate e-mails for each poem entered.)

   ~ Poems may be of any style, length, or subject matter.

   ~ Please paste poems as PLAIN TEXT into the body of ONE e-mail.
     Text formattings (such as bolding and italics) and colors and
     centering of poems ALWAYS make them more difficult to work with
     and usually don't appear on my screen the way they do on yours.

   ~ Please include a separate list of your poem titles in your e-mail
     submission (un-numbered, one poem title on each line)

   ~ Please do not send your poems double spaced.
     If your poems come to us double-spaced, we will not accept them
     and ask you to re-send them single spaced.

   ~ Poems must be e-mailed to Contest@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   ~ We DO NOT ACCEPT ATTACHMENTS.  The text of your poems must be
     pasted as PLAIN TEXT INTO THE BODY OF AN E-MAIL.

   ~ This contest is separate from weekly Poet of the Week consideration
     Submissions for Poet of the week consideration must be separate
     from Contest Submissions and the same poems may not be submitted
     for both.

   ~ There is a One Dollar Per Poem entry fee.

    ____________________ PAYMENT OPTIONS ____________________

   1) PayPal

   ~ Entry fee should be sent via PayPal to my PayPal payment e-mail
   address: Rick@PoetrySuperHighway.com

   PayPal is free to use and you can make payments with your credit
   card. Head here to sign up if you don't already have an account:
   http://www.paypal.com/Include in the "Note" section of the PayPal
   form your

            Name
            Address
            E-mail address,
            and titles of poems you entered.

   OR

   2) Mail Your Payment

   We accept checks, money orders and international checks and money
   orders in US Funds made payable to "Rick Lupert"

   Mail your payment to:

            Rick Lupert
            15522 Stagg Street
            Van Nuys, CA 91406

   Please DO NOT SEND HARD COPIES OF POEMS THROUGH REGULAR MAIL WITH
   YOUR PAYMENT. We only accept poems in the body of an e-mail and we
   will throw them away unread if you send them to us with your payment.
   Include with your entry fee, on a separate sheet of paper, your

            Name
            Address
            E-mail address
            and titles of poems you entered.

    ____________________ DEADLINES ETCETERA ____________________

   ~ Deadline for postmarking entry fees or submitting the entry fee
     via PayPal is Saturday, September 22, 2007.

   ~ Regardless of when you postmark, your entry fees must be received
     by Friday, September 28, so if you're mailing your entry fee, please
     account for the amount of time it will take for your it to travel
     between your home and Los Angeles.

   ~ This is a not for profit contest. All of the collected entry fees
     will be divided between the authors of the top three scoring poems.

   ~ Once your entry fee is received, your poems will be sent with your
     name removed to the three judges who will score them 0 - 5
     (5 being best).

   ~ Your poems will not be forwarded to the judges until your entry fee
     is received.

   ~ If you have any questions or need any of the contest details
     clarified, please e-mail Contest@PoetrySuperHighway.com

COMPLETE SPONSOR AND PRIZE LIST

   ~ First Prize: 50% of the entry fees collected* plus winning poem
     featured on the PSH

   ~ Second Prize: 30% of the entry fees collected* plus winning poem
     featured on the PSH.

   ~ Third Prize: 20% of the entry fees collected* plus winning poem
     featured on the PSH.

   Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we are able to supplement
   the cash prizes with an impressive array of prizes which would be of
   interest to poets and writers.

   The following prizes will be used to bolster first through third
   prize as well as distributed to other contest entrants.

   Our goal is to be able to send every singly person who enters the
   contest something.

   If you're interested in becoming a sponsor to this years contest in
   exchange for promotional consideration, please visit the sponsor
   information page at http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/pshcospo.html

Additional Prizes:

Anthony Liccione
1 copy (Please Pass Me
the Blood & Butter) by Anthony Liccione

Assume Nothing Press
http://assumenothingpress.blogspot.com/
1 E-book copy of "Peripheral Visions" poetry chapbook by Scott Virtes.
1 Chapbook copy of "Hemlock Suicides Planned by Well-Dressed Men in
Suits" by L.B. Sedlacek.

bottle rockets press
http://www.geocities.com/bottlerockets_99
2 copies of "buddha's fingerprint" by Stanford M. Forrester
2 copies of "toy submarine" (letterpress edition) by Stanford M.
Forrester

Brandon Cesmat
http://www.csusm.edu/profe
2 copies of �Driven into the Shade� a Califor-noir poem cycle by Brandon
Cesmat.

Christine Bruness
http://www.chatnoirstudios.com
5 signed and dated copies of the poetry book �Imbalance� by Christine
McGuigan

Chrystine Julian
http://www.ChrystineDrums.com/
2 copies of the book "Sensual Spirit, poetry and thoughts from the place
where body and soul meet" by Chrystine Julian packaged with a plastic
egg shaker to add rhythm while reading.

Cloudy Day Art - Poetry Podcast
http://www.CloudyDayArt.com/
1 podcast showcase as featured poet for audio interview
1 $15 gift certificate to Amazon.com

Daniel E. Levenson
http://www.literarycomments.com
3 signed copies of the chapbook "Are These My Lions?" by Daniel E.
Levenson

Deborah P Kolodji
http://dkolodji.livejournal.com
1 copy of Red Planet Dust by Deborah P Kolodji

Egoboy Studios
http://damien.stednitz.googlepages.com/
1 Copy of the book "We Are Our Own Lions" by Damien Stednitz
1 Copy of the poetry anthology "Hellos and Goodbyes" featuring a wide
variety of poets from in and around the Burbank/Glendale area.

Ellaraine Lockie
1 signed copy of the chapbook "Finishing Lines� by Ellaraine Lockie

Evvy Garrett
http://www.evvygarrett.com/
3 copies of the e-book �Confabulations: A long poem� by Evvy Garrett via
email

Feel the Flow Publishing
http://feeltheflowpublishing.com/
4 books published by Feel the Flow Publishing each with a bookmark.

Fickle Muses
http://www.ficklemuses.com/
2 free one year advertising on Fickle Muses. Description: Free 125 x 125
pixel ad on Fickle Muses home page plus free design if needed.

Foliate Oak Literary Magazine
http://www.foliateoak.uamont.edu/
3 copies of the magazine �The Best of Foliate Oak 2007�

Frances Macaulay Forde
http://www.francesmacaulayforde.com/
2 copies of the poetry book �Hidden Capacity ~ a poet's Journey� by
Frances Macaulay Forde

From East to West: Bicoastal Verse
http://www.geocities.com/pj_nights
2 copies of the book "from east to west: bicoastal verse - print edition
#1" edited by Ray Sweatman and PJ Nights

Helene Cardona
http://www.helenecardona.com/
1 copy of the book �Spring Water� by John M. FitzGerald
1 copy of �RUNES A Review of Poetry: Hearth�

Ink Publications
http://www.inkpublications.com/
2 copies of the book "Punk Rock for Hip Statisticians" by Eric Evans

J. Graham Publishing
http://www.grahamducker.com/
2 copies of the book "Observations Of Heart And Mind" by J. Graham Ducker

Jerry Garcia
http://www.gratefulnotdead.com/
3 Prints from Jerry Garcia's eclectic collection of photographs.

John M. FitzGerald
http://jmfitzgerald.com/
1 copy of the book �The Astonished Universe� by Helene Cardona

L.B. Sedlacek
http://www.lbsedlacek.com/
1 Copy of the poetry Ebook "The Cat & The Carroll A. Deering and Other
North Carolina Poems" by L.B. Sedlacek
1 Copy of the poetry Chapbook "Alexandra's Wreck" by L.B. Sedlacek
1 Copy of the Ebook "From the Mixed Up Mind of a Real Live Genius" by
L.B Sedlacek

Late Blooms Poetry Postcard Contest for Women Over 40
http://lanaayers.com/LateBlooms.aspx
5 copies of the chapbook �Love is a Weed� by Lana Hechtman Ayers

Layalama.com
http://www.scribd.com/doc/873
2 copies of the poetry chap book "Essence of Beauty" by Pushpa Ratna
Tuladhar

Magdalena Ball
http://www.compulsivereader.com/html
10 copies of the e-book �Cherished Pulse� by Magdalena Ball and Carolyn
Howard-Johnson With original artwork by Vicki Thomas.

Mary Brown
http://www.pretty-scary.net/
1 copy of the book "From there, you see..." by Mary Brown

Mary Kennedy Eastham
http://www.RP-Author.com/MKE
1 copy of the book "The Shadow of a Dog I Can't Forget' by Mary Kennedy
Eastham

Matthew Abuelo
http://www.lulu.com/content/609313
2 copies of the book �Organic Hotels� by Matthew Abuelo

Maureen Alsop
5 poetry journals to be selected by sponsor
1 copy of the chapbook �Nightingale Habit� by Maureen Alsop

Michaela A. Gabriel
http://www.michaela-gabriel.com/
1 signed copy of the chapbook "Apples for Adam" by Michaela A. Gabriel

Mike Scheidemann for 'Voices' The Israel English Poetry Association
http://poetry-voices.8m.com/
1 copy of the hardcover book �Another Song Another Eden� by Mike
Scheidemann
2 copies of the anthology �2007 Voices�

The Other Voices International Project
http://www.othervoicespoetry.org/
1 section in the UNESCO endorsed "cyber-anthology" The Other Voices
International Project.

Poemeleon: A Journal of Poetry
http://www.poemeleon.org/
5 copies of the limited edition Poemeleon chapbook produced for the
inaugural launch reading in July 2006

The Poetry Market Ezine
http://www.thepoetrymarket.com/
1 copy of the ebook "The Poet's Survival Guide."

Point of Life Inc
http://www.pointoflife.com/
1 copy of the book "The Joys of Live Alchemy" by Michael Levy
1 copy of the book "Enjoy Yourself Its Later Than You Think" by Michael
Levy

Pun Night Lady Productions
2 chapbooks published by Pun Night Lady Productions
2 chapbooks published by other Canadian Publishers

Santiam Publishing
http://garydawg.blogspot.com/
1 copy of the book "The River Wang Transformed" by Gary Blankenship
1 $20 gift certificate to Amazon.com

The Science Fiction Poetry Association
http://www.sfpoetry.com/
1 year membership in the Science Fiction Poetry Association

Southern California Haiku Study Group
http://www.socalhaiku.org/
2 copies of "Rattle of Bamboo� the 2007 haiku anthology

Stellar Showcase Journal
http://www.stellarshowcasejournal.com/
1 six month subscription (2 issues) to the Stellar Showcase Journal
An interview and feature on Stellar Showcase Journal for the winning poet
Copies of the print journal for the top three scoring poets

Terrie Leigh Relf
Two hours of writing coaching and/or critiquing.

Trellis Literary Corporation/Trellis Magazine
http://www.TrellisMagazine.com/
1 $10 gift certificate to Amazon.com

Trish Shields
http://trishshields.tripod.com/
1 autographed copy of the book �Spirit Harvest� by Trish Shields

Turtle Ink Press
http://www.myspace.com/mondaynightpoetry
4 Chapbooks from Turtle Ink Press (Anthologies and individual poets)

Twisted Tongue Magazine
http://www.twistedtongue.co.uk/
4 copies of the chapbook �Twisted Tongue Presents Practical Devil
Worship (For all the Family)� by JwBennett
2 copies of Twisted Tongue Magazine--winner to decide which publication
they'd like

Unlikely 2.0
http://www.unlikelystories.org/
3 copies of the chapbook �Mother Love� by Gwendolyn Joyce Mintz
3 copies of the chapbook �Star-Spangled Banter� by Bob Marcacci
3 copies of the chapbook �When Red Blood Cells Leak by Anne McMillen
3 copies of the chapbook �Midnight on Moloch� by Luke Buckham
illustrated by Kelly Hoffman
1 copy of the double chapbook �Blood and Salsa/Painting Rust� by
Jonathan Penton

Vasin Heyn & Company
http://vhcoaudit.com/
3 $75.00 cash prizes added to the cash prizes taken by the top three
scoring poets

Winning Writers
http://www.winningwriters.com/
One year of access to �Poetry Contest Insider� (a $27.80 value)

MEET YOUR JUDGES

Katherine L. Gordon (Rockwood, Ontario, Canada)

   Katherine L. Gordon lives to write in a secluded Eramosa river valley
   in rural Rockwood, Ontario. Her work has been translated into many
   languages including Chinese, Spanish, French and Hindi. She is an
   award-winning poet who believes that poetry is a mighty bond between
   cultures. Katherine is the Resident Columnist for Ancient Heart
   Magazine published quarterly in Bristol, England. She is the author
   of 2 full collections, many chapbooks and anthologies. Her latest
   book MYTH WEAVERS acollection of Canadian myths and legends, was
   released by Serengeti Press this April. She belongs to a summer group
   of fine poets who produce a weekly poem to prod each other into
   creativity on a theme, very enjoyable and stmulating. try it!

Steve Norwood (Lewisville, Texas)

   The epileptic father of an autistic son, Steve is certain his
   grandchildren will be firestarters. His distinctive style does not
   fit neatly into literary, coffeehouse or slam categories. Steve's
   poetry displays lyrical, caustic and ironic wordplay that compliment
   20 years of writing. Steve has been featured in many online and print
   journals including PoetrySuperHighway, Smog, Lid, (this), Friction,
   Recursive Angel, Conspire , Grumpy Dog, SFSalvo, Atom Mind, Concrete
   Wolf, Maelstrom, the AIPF's 1998 anthology di-verse-city, too and the
   PoetWorks Press publication When I Was A Child. His poem "Two Kinds"
   won the 2006 PSH annual contest's grand prize. Steve has two print
   collections of earlier works, helen could waste away and because I
   love you so damn much I'd wait for you . He has recently finished his
   first CD of poetry, nervous laughter. He also runs the blog
   Controlled Burning.

PB Rippey (North Hollywood, California)

   PB Rippey�s poetry, fiction and book reviews have appeared in
   journals such as Zyzzyva, Runes, Pool, Slope, Solo, Mary, California
   Quarterly, The Chattahoochee Review, Poetry NZ and Phoebe and she has
   been a finalist in Glimmer Train�s Poetry Open and several GT short
   story contests. She is the current recipient of the Abroad Writers�
   Conferences 2007 Poetry Fellowship. Her poetry chapbook Nightmares
   With Moons was published by Pudding House last October. PB is
   completing her first full length collection of poetry and a novel.

2006 CONTEST CALENDAR

   July 5: Contest begins

   July 9 -15: Judges featured as Poets of the Week

   July 15, 2:00 pm (pacific): Chat Room Event: Ask us questions live
   about the contest.

   September 23: Final deadline for contest entries. (Entry fees must be
   postmarked by September 7 or they'll be returned.)

   September 30: Judges deadline for returning scored poems.

   October 4: Second round scoring deadline (in the event of tied
   scores.)

   October 7: 2pm (pacific) Chat Room Event "Winners Announced"

   October 8 - 14: Contest Winners featured as Poets of the Week.

Good luck to everyone!
--

Lupert: It's The Website - & - Poetry Super Highway
           http://PoetrySuperHighway.com/