The Great Downsizing of comp.publish.*

There is a proposal currently in news.announce.newgroups to remove 198
unmoderated newsgroups all across the BIG8. Because of the magnitude
of the group list the proposal is not crossposted to target groups.
Instead pointers are posted to a few selected groups.

The full text of the proposal is available here:

  http://www.big-8.org/wiki/Nan:2011-02-01-rfd-great-downsizing
  http://groups.google.com/group/news.announce.newgroups/msg/091abc69fd45436b

Affected groups that might interest you:

comp.publish.cdrom.multimedia		Software for multimedia authoring & publishing.
comp.publish.electronic.developer		Electronic publishing developer tools.
comp.publish.electronic.end-user		Electronic publishing end-user tools.

If you have any objections, please make them heard in moderated group
news.groups.proposals. The "Followup-To:" header is set on this message,
so simply replying to this post should do the right thing.

Big
2/7/2011 11:33:11 PM
comp.publish.electronic.misc 401 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Observations upon the change over from old paper publishing to newer electronic publishing media.
I was even surprised how many ladies had once confused y name with old Jacks there ;) ...

Publish
I would like to use the Publish feature on a Macintosh. The choices do not allow .doc (MS Word) file. I am aware this is an option for the PC. How can I setup this choice on the MAC? Or conversely what option do you recommend for a MAC user that is similar to a MS Word file? ...

Publishing Latex using publish.m
Hello all, I am trying to publish some math and m-code using MATLAB's "publish.m" function. It seems that the latex interpreter is having serious and frequent (though inconsistent) problems. Are there any particular settings that I must configure before MATLAB will allow proper interpreting of my TeX and latex strings? As an example of the problem, I can write this short script: %% Title of doc % Some text. Now I'll make a table: % % <latex> % \begin{tabular}{|c|c|} \hline % $n$ & $n!$ \\ \hline % 1 & 1 \\ % 2 & 2 \\ % 3 & 6 \\ \hline ...

Publish large images using publish()?
Hi. I have a publish script that generates plots where the fine detail is important. I would therefore like to publish plots that are on the order of 1000x3000 pixels large. That way, the person checking the image ca look at all the itty-bitty details in the plot. Unfortunately, no matter what I tell the script or the publich function, my figures seem to be limited to my screen resolution (Which, due to me using a laptop, is fairly modest). Any hints? Sincerely Daniel Armyr ...

Publish It
Where can I download Publish It - but please not the ftp.apple.asimov.net - I need a shk or sdk file where I can tell Publish IT that my Apple IIe has no mouse. Thanks for help, Lars lars wesenick <wesenick@cyberspace.org> wrote: > Where can I download Publish It - but please not the ftp.apple.asimov.net > - I need a shk or sdk file where I can tell Publish IT > that my Apple IIe has no mouse. > > Thanks for help, > > Lars http://apple2.luddite.ca/files/PUBLISHIT.4.SHK That's a shrinkit archive of my program disk... you'll need to put it on an 800K fl...

Publish-ME
Hi, Just received emails from publish me re-removel of my pad files. Any comments? I know there has been discussion about Publish-ME but not sure what the outcome was. Thanks Chris "Chris" <chrispow88NO_SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:430bcdae$0$5450$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > Hi, > > Just received emails from publish me re-removel of my pad files. > Any comments? > I know there has been discussion about Publish-ME but not sure what the > outcome was. The site owner had several authors hammering away at ...

New ebook about publishing : Self-Publishing Simplified
Hi everyone, from time to time several of us at Outskirts Press have posted with articles and tips from our free e-University courses. Lately, we've all been busy getting our ebook publishing guide finalized and now it is available for free from http://outskirtspress.com You can decide whether or not it is right for you. Here is an excerpt. Hopefully it helps some of you. Cheers, Gem ----- When the movie studio system was formed in the early 1900s, actors were signed to exclusive deals, treated like commodities, and paid pennies. The studios maintained all the control and m...

Problem loading Imp.Publisher+ files into Publisher
A customer of ours has Impression Publisher PLUS V 5.13 on one computer ant Impression Publisher V 4.13 on another. If he tries to read has Publisher Plus documents on Publisher V 4.13 he gets an error saying he needs a later version of Publisher! I thought Publisher + 5.13 & Publisher 4.13 were both the latest versions, and that they each could read each others files. Also I have no problem here reading Pub+ 5.13 docs on 4.06 Publisher! Any ideas why? and a fix? n.b. I don't think the customer can/wants to copy V5.13 to the other machine because, I can't remember why but I kn...

Electronic publishers or traditional?
Ask these questions to make sure they're right for you: 1 - How much will it cost to turn your manuscript into a published book? 2 - What is the minimum number of books you have to purchase, and what does each book cost you? 3 - How much input do you have in the final design, layout, and cover of your book? 4 - How much input do you have on the content? Will it be edited to a point where even YOU don't recognize it? 5 - How will your book be bound an will it include an EAN barcode? (Retailers typically won't stock books that are not perfect bound and lack an ...

Publisher +
Just recently when I load Publisher + several icons on the screen go monochrome. As does the prog itself. I don't remember altering anything on that prog and haven't installed any new software. Any clues? -- *A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound. ...

How to publish...
.... my own (hypothetical) game design document? Have I to send it by email to anyone I know? Or, have I to show it personally to a software house? Thanks for the answers :P In article <457dd22a$0$22397$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it>, Emanuele Colucci <emack@gameprog.it> wrote: > ... my own (hypothetical) game design document? > Have I to send it by email to anyone I know? Or, have I to show it > personally to a software house? > > Thanks for the answers :P <http://tinyurl.com/161> Hope that helps! -- Please take off your pants or I...

Where to publish?
Hello, I have made a small, but interesting observaion on the representation of suffix trees, and got my paper rejected by Information Processing Letters as the "technical contribution is not strong enough", accompanied by a suggestion to try someplace else. I'm interested in a peer-reviewed journal that would publish small, clever algorithms on data structures. Any suggestions? -- Daniel ...

Publishing
I am trying to publish my m-file using the publish tool. But i get following error. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Error in ==> m2mxdom at 39 matlabVersion = ver('MATLAB'); Error in ==> publish at 138 [dom,cellBoundaries] = m2mxdom(code); Error in ==> mdbpublish at 59 outputPath = publish(file, options); ??? Error using ==> open at 67 NAME must contain a single string. Thanks in advance. "Sonam Jamtsho" <sonamjamtsho@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h06q2l$rim$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I am trying to publish my m-file using the publish...

Publisher+
Has anybody got the dongleless Publiser+ app for sale at a reasonable price? Regards, Ralph -- ______________________________________________________________________ Ralph King rmking@nospamcwgsy.net (remove nospam to reply) ______________________________________________________________________ In message <4c0d38a601rmking@cwgsy.net> Ralph <rmking@nospamcwgsy.net> wrote: > Has anybody got the dongleless Publiser+ app for sale at a reasonable > price? Computer Concepts s...

PC Game publishers should follow what this Music publisher is thinking on doing
PC Game publishers should follow what this Music publisher is thinking on doing "EMI Considering Dropping DRM From Its CDs" http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/emi-considering-dropping-drm-from-its-cds-229929.php Basically what EMI is considering is removing copy-protection from their Retail Music CDs. That is exactly what I've been asking PC Game publishers to do, remove the copy-protection from Retail PC Game CD/DVD Some actually do it, like Relic, id, Epic, but others still insist on using copy-protection and sometime the more agressive type. If EMI really goes fo...

Web resources about - The Great Downsizing of comp.publish.* - comp.publish.electronic.misc

Downsizing: Americans are finally eating less
After decades of worsening diets and sharp increases in obesity, Americans' eating habits have begun changing for the better.

Ideal downsizing destination (00:58)
This apartment comes with its very own, private wraparound garden and terrace.

Downsizing
How to invest money freed up by downsizing

Tablet downsizing trend to quicken in second half of 2013
The shift toward smaller tablets will accelerate in the second half of the year when a slew of tablet makers, including Apple, introduce new ...

Downsizing boomers poorly catered for in suburban property market
Retirees want quality and convenience when they downsize.

Over-sized Melbourne apartments pitched at downsizing baby boomers
For Nicholas Smedley, size and quantity matter. His Prahran-based developer, Steller, focuses on oversized apartments for downsizing couples ...

Ideal downsizing destination (00:58)
This apartment comes with its very own, private wraparound garden and terrace.

Downsizing - the women turning their backs on fake breasts
When Lynne Hayes's partner cheated on her in 2009, she was convinced she knew how to fix things. &#x201C;I was an emotional wreck and my self-esteem ...

Ideal downsizing destination (00:58)
This apartment comes with its very own, private wraparound garden and terrace.

Climate change downsizing fauna, flora
Climate change is reducing the size of many animal and plant species, according to a new study.