Converting Mac Fonts "Helvetica Neue" to Window fonts

Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window?
I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work..
Can anybody help me? Or anyone like to exchange fonts?

Thank you!

0
claire516 (1)
2/25/2005 7:19:22 PM
comp.publish.prepress 3348 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Claire wrote:
> Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window?
> I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work..

The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it).
http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html

> The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I
believe it).
> http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html

Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though.

Kind regards
Bj�rn

Studio Smalbro

> Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though.

Thanks for the info.  To me, that is a major limitation.
No hurry for that upgrade then!

What "Preferences" Font Setting Determines the "Datatips" Font?
I'd like to specify a particular font ("ProFontWindows" 8pt or 9pt) for the "Datatips". Where in "File" > "Preferences" > "Fonts" do I need to go to set it? I realize this is trivial as problems go, but I can't figure it out! Thanks! Vi�arr ----------------- Hi Vi�arr, the datatips follow the font that the Editor uses: File --> Preferences --> Fonts --> "Desktop code font." (You can also specify a particular font for the Editor under Fonts --> Custom.) Jared "Vi�arr" <g-w-bush-is-...

Mac font "Capitals" for Windows?
Hello, does somebody know a similar font (or the same...) for Windows as the Mac font "Capitals"? Thanks Carlos Carlos Meira wrote: > Hello, > does somebody know a similar font (or the same...) for Windows as the > Mac font "Capitals"? > > Thanks > Carlos Is there really a font with that name? Can you point to a sample somewhere? (Or post an image and/or the font itself in alt.binaries.fonts) - Character In article <j7nTd.3264621$f47.587964@news.easynews.com>, Character <Char@cters.italic> wrote: > Carlos Meira wrote: > > ...

correct "sizing" of Helvetica font, relative to various times-new-roman fonts, to have both fonts have the same x-height
Greetings! I hope the following isn't an faq (at least, it doesn't seem to be in the UK TUG FAQ). Basically, my question comes up because I'm involved in a project that requires the use of "Times New Roman" (hereafter, TNR) as the main text font and "Helvetica" as the sans-serif font. I use both TexLive 2010 and MikTeX 2.9 on PCs and TexLive/MacTeX 2010 on an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.5. As is well known, Helvetica and TNR differ considerably in their x- heights (for a given font size of, say, 10pt or 12pt). In various packages. (The letters u,...

"Fonts" and "Faces"
Fonts and Faces, Fonts and Faces Each of them having Special Places (to be sung to the tune of "Love and Marriage" in the musical "Our Town"! I just want to anchor down the correct terminology. A "font" is such as Arno Pro and a "face" is, in the context of Arno Pro, "bold" or "italic" or "regular" and so on. So, the question is, am I correct? -- James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@me.com TaliesinSoft wrote: > Fonts and Faces, Fonts and Faces > Each of them having Special Places > > ...

Ghostscript 8,64 installation on Windows -- missing "Fonts" and "Resources"?
I installed the Windows version of Ghostscript 8.64 using the installer (from http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/GPL/current/) which was the only one I was able to find. However, I guess there is a bug in this installer in that it does not install any "Fonts" nor any "Resources" directory and also no "Fontmap" file. These items I do expect being present because the documentation ("Fonts.htm") does talk about these being distributed with Ghostscript. Did this change recently? Am I expected to install the fonts from other sources? Like, using th...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

".FRF" fonts: How to convert them?
I came across some .frf fonts and I read somewhere that you can convert them with Adobe's FontMonger (which is not available anywhere). I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert these fonts, or what software converts them now? And if you have FontMonter and would like to convert those fonts to TTF, that would be fine too. Contact me at globeartis[(at)]gmail.com. Or post a reply here. I really need to get those fonts converted. EFS wrote: > I came across some .frf fonts and I read somewhere that you can convert > them with Adobe's FontMonger (which is not available anywhere...

windows "system" font
What does it mean to say a font is a "system" font? How can i determine (in vb 6 code) if a particular font on a machine is a "system" font? thanks, russ Depends on where you are reading this. Could mean its one of the fonts required by the Operating System. Could also mean its a font thats available to the system as opposed to printer fonts. There is now code-way to determine which fonts are required by the Operating System: Some information on Core fonts: http://www.cfontpro.com/support.asp -- Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB) Veign's Resource Center htt...

"Font not available" error. How do I get the font??
Hi All, I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the alternative to replace the original fonts with some others. However, in the above described situation, how can I get this or that font? Specially when it tells me the "font family so and so" is not available? TIA, jbr On Jun 20, 2006, BigBen wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm opening some FrameMaker files, and getting error messages that > some fonts used are not available in my system, and ofering the > altern...

[fonts] Installing "local" fonts (lm)
Hello, I recently tried to install fonts locally. I've got a local directory (let's say /mydir/latex) which contains a texmf directory. This dir (/mydir/latex) is exported to appear in $TEXINPUTS and i can successfully use packages installed in /mydir/latex/texmf/latex for example. As I was trying to install fonts (lm - latin modern - http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/lm/) I ended up with an issue (cannot use the fonts). Sadly, http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=uselmfonts did not help, or i missed something trivial... Here is how I actually did this : 1/ extra...

"security" font
Hello, I need to find a "security" font to use as a background watermark on a document (ie, on a legal document, the customer's name is repeatedly printed in faint 8 point type angled at 45 degrees all over the page). I've tried to recreate this by using outline fonts, but the printed results at 300 and 600 dpi don't look very good. I've tried to stroke it using different dashed lines, by turning the glyphs into a path and filling using a stippled pattern, and by simply changing the gray level - but the results are only reliable at 1200dpi, and most of our customer...

Web resources about - Converting Mac Fonts "Helvetica Neue" to Window fonts - comp.publish.prepress