HELP -PC CDs unreadable on Mac

I'm on a G4, OS 9.2--

This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one of
our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format or
eject error message.)

One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator.
The other was Imation (same kind we use here) and I don't know what program
was used to burn it.

The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue in
the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?

Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks!
Amanda

0
nospamart (1)
6/9/2004 4:47:25 PM
comp.publish.prepress 3348 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"No Spam" <nospamart@nospamsmithbutterfield.com> wrote in message
> I'm on a G4, OS 9.2--
>
> This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one
of
> our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format or
> eject error message.)
>
> One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator.
> The other was Imation (same kind we use here) and I don't know what
program
> was used to burn it.
>
> The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
> fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue in
> the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?
>
> Anyone else have this issue?
> Thanks!
> Amanda

As far as I know, CD's are not interchangeable between MAC and PCs. I use a
memory stick that can be used with either one, but when a customer wants to
send artwork to me, I have to tell them to e-mail or ftp it if they're on a
mac.

Mary

0
mary3091 (4)
6/9/2004 4:53:19 PM
"No Spam" <nospamart@nospamsmithbutterfield.com> wrote in message
> I'm on a G4, OS 9.2--
>
> This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one
of
> our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format or
> eject error message.)
>
> One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator.
> The other was Imation (same kind we use here) and I don't know what
program
> was used to burn it.
>
> The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
> fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue in
> the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?
>
> Anyone else have this issue?
> Thanks!
> Amanda

We are having the same issue. The G4s dont like discs burnt in the newer
high speed
burners. We have an external DVD burner that reads the discs no problems
also
the G5s work okay

Good Luck
Denis

>This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one
>of our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format
>or eject error message.)
>
>One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator.

About par ofr the course for Memorex CDs, which are in my experience total
crap--the worst of the worst. About half the devices I own, both computers and
non-computer gadgets (my wife's car stereo, my Sony CD player) absolutely will
not read any Memorex CD, under any circumstances.

>The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
>fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue
>in the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?

The CD must be burned as ISO9660/Joliet, not a proprietary packet-writing
format, and must be "finalized" (session closed). CDs written in other formats
and CDs which have not been "finalized" won't work.

In some cases, some Macs (and some PCs) may have trouble reading CDs written at
32x speeds or higher; tell your client to burn at 16x or lower.

And finally, some CD-ROM drives have trouble reading CD-RW discs; use CD-R
discs instead.

--
Biohazard? Radiation hazard? SO last-century.
Nanohazard T-shirts now available! http://www.villaintees.com

0
tacitr (1750)
6/9/2004 5:28:55 PM
"Mary E. Hill" <mary@NOamericanSPAMrecycler.com> wrote in message

<snipped>
> As far as I know, CD's are not interchangeable between MAC and PCs. I use
> memory stick that can be used with either one, but when a customer wants
> send artwork to me, I have to tell them to e-mail or ftp it if they're on
> mac.
>
> Mary

I run WinXP Pro and MacDrive (www.mediafour.com) - I've never had trouble
opening a Mac CD.

Peggy

0
peggy5389 (37)
6/9/2004 7:06:15 PM
"No Spam" <nospamart@nospamsmithbutterfield.com> wrote in message
> I'm on a G4, OS 9.2--
>
> This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one
of
> our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format or
> eject error message.)
>
> One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator.
> The other was Imation (same kind we use here) and I don't know what
program
> was used to burn it.
>
> The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
> fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue in
> the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?
>
> Anyone else have this issue?
> Thanks!
> Amanda

You also need to run a system extension called joliet to be able to read
them.

Robotman.

0
NOSPAM878 (10)
6/9/2004 7:13:54 PM
No Spam <nospamart@nospamsmithbutterfield.com> wrote:

>I'm on a G4, OS 9.2--
>
>This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one of
>our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format or
>eject error message.)
>
>One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator....
>
>The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
>fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue in
>the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?

I have this argument endlessly with my relatives. Did you prepare the
CD properly. Yes, of course, [don't be stupid] I read it back myself.

The most likely problem is that they uses "packet writing" software.
That allows the CD to be treated as if it is a writeable hard disk,
and just save and write to it from any program.

The problem is that a CD isn't a hard disk. To read a "work in
progress" like this, you need compatible packet writing software on
the PC you are reading it.  Or, the CD must be properly closed, so
that a table of contents is written for the benefit of other
consumers.

You could try that, but frankly, I'd just copy it onto the hard disk
of a PC that manages to read it, then burn a new CDROM, all in one.
That also gives you a chance to check and adjust any long file names,
since Mac OS 9 won't see long names.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite (1321)
6/9/2004 7:29:14 PM
In message <BCECA94D.135FE%nospamart@nospamsmithbutterfield.com>, No
Spam <nospamart@nospamsmithbutterfield.com> wrote
>I'm on a G4, OS 9.2--
>
>This is the second time in the last month I've received a PC CD from one of
>our customers and my Mac refuses to read it. (Disk unreadable -- format or
>eject error message.)
>
>One CD was Memorex -- burned from Easy CD Creator.
>The other was Imation (same kind we use here) and I don't know what program
>was used to burn it.
>
>The kicker is that all the other PCs in the building can open them just
>fine. (We do not however, have a PC graphics station.) Is this an issue in
>the burning software? What settings should I tell customers to use?
>
>Anyone else have this issue?

Yes - but they usually solve it by downloading a *FREE* extension called
"Joliet volume extension".
Sadly my f*cking shit for brains ISP has lost most of it's servers and
it's backbone to the Net so I can't give you the URL for this handy doo
dad.
Thankfully I can still collect News :-)

Do a google for "Joliet volume extension", or Thomas Tempelmann or
"Tempel.org" and you should find it. I'm pretty sure it will solve your
problem.

Best wishes,

--
Del Tree
0
>Yes - but they usually solve it by downloading a *FREE* extension
>called "Joliet volume extension".
>Sadly my f*cking shit for brains ISP has lost most of it's servers and
>it's backbone to the Net so I can't give you the URL for this handy doo
>dad.
>Thankfully I can still collect News :-)
>
>Do a google for "Joliet volume extension", or Thomas Tempelmann or
>"Tempel.org" and you should find it. I'm pretty sure it will solve your
>problem.

Just got back on!
Here's the url:
http://www.tempel.org/joliet/
--
Del Tree
0
"Del Tree" <del@spamenot.noonehere.com> wrote in message
> In message <UeUP8a3hS3xAFwB1@sanspam.freeuk.noonehere.com>, Del Tree
> <del@spamenot.noonehere.com> wrote
> >Yes - but they usually solve it by downloading a *FREE* extension
> >called "Joliet volume extension".
> >Sadly my f*cking shit for brains ISP has lost most of it's servers and
> >it's backbone to the Net so I can't give you the URL for this handy doo
> >dad.
> >Thankfully I can still collect News :-)
> >
> >Do a google for "Joliet volume extension", or Thomas Tempelmann or
> >"Tempel.org" and you should find it. I'm pretty sure it will solve your
> >problem.
>

> Just got back on!
> Here's the url:
> http://www.tempel.org/joliet/
> --
> Del Tree

Goodness - step away from the old electronic sweatshop for a bite of lunch
and look what happens! Such drama!! And I missed it all ... <sigh>

Peggy

0
peggy5389 (37)
6/9/2004 9:15:36 PM
In message <Y5Lxc.2717$2i5.1441@attbi_s52>, Peggy Coquet
<peggy@comcast.net> wrote (snipped a byte or eight):

>Goodness - step away from the old electronic sweatshop for a bite of lunch
>and look what happens! Such drama!! And I missed it all ... <sigh>

Yeah, I know. You're not the first woman to tell me how exciting life is
around me. If only life were as exciting *with* me, Mrs Tree wouldn't
have run off with a 27-year-old Plumber's mate from Chiswick, my
daughter wouldn't be selling herself on the streets to support my crack
habit and my dog wouldn't have thrown himself under a speeding Harley
driven by an American tourist.
--
Del Tree
0

> In message <Y5Lxc.2717$2i5.1441@attbi_s52>, Peggy Coquet
> <peggy@comcast.net> wrote (snipped a byte or eight):
>
>>Goodness - step away from the old electronic sweatshop for a bite of
>>lunch and look what happens! Such drama!! And I missed it all ...
>><sigh>
>
> Yeah, I know. You're not the first woman to tell me how exciting life
> is around me. If only life were as exciting *with* me, Mrs Tree
> wouldn't have run off with a 27-year-old Plumber's mate from Chiswick,
> my daughter wouldn't be selling herself on the streets to support my
> crack habit and my dog wouldn't have thrown himself under a speeding
> Harley driven by an American tourist.

That was *your* dog?

Have you any idea how hard blood stains are to get out of fine Corinthian
leather? I've half a mind to sue!

But your daughter got together with my wife and talked me out of it. I'm
such a softie.
0
ericvgill (473)
6/9/2004 11:05:56 PM
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:31:28 +0100, Del Tree
<del@spamenot.noonehere.com> wrote:

>In message <Y5Lxc.2717$2i5.1441@attbi_s52>, Peggy Coquet
><peggy@comcast.net> wrote (snipped a byte or eight):
>
>>Goodness - step away from the old electronic sweatshop for a bite of lunch
>>and look what happens! Such drama!! And I missed it all ... <sigh>
>
>Yeah, I know. You're not the first woman to tell me how exciting life is
>around me. If only life were as exciting *with* me, Mrs Tree wouldn't
>have run off with a 27-year-old Plumber's mate from Chiswick, my
>daughter wouldn't be selling herself on the streets to support my crack
>habit and my dog wouldn't have thrown himself under a speeding Harley
>driven by an American tourist.

Shame about the dog, mate.

R.

0
rhys (175)
6/10/2004 3:25:46 AM
In article <6sGdnXw0QNju3VrdRVn-tw@buckeye-express.com>,
mary@NOamericanSPAMrecycler.com says...

> As far as I know, CD's are not interchangeable between MAC and PCs.

They most certainly are, provided you write them to an intechangeable
standard. I've been downloading the Apple OS patches and burning a CD on
my Windows PC, which I then send to a benighted ex-colleague without the
benefit of ADSL. This works fine.

You want to use ISO 9660 format, You can use the Joliet extensions if
you wish.

I've no idea what your customers are creating though, and you may have
some trouble sorting this out. Have you considered reading the CD on a
PC and making a new CD to take to your Mac ? Or just putting them on a
network ?

It may be easier than trying to do tech support for your customers and
helping them sort out the settings on the various possible CD creation
tools they might be using.....

0
ken161 (742)
6/10/2004 7:05:53 AM
In message <e5lfc09dp5hn9gs6ogpo2aao0nhj11gnod@4ax.com>, rhys
<rhys@nospam.com> wrote
>On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:31:28 +0100, Del Tree
><del@spamenot.noonehere.com> wrote:
>
>>In message <Y5Lxc.2717$2i5.1441@attbi_s52>, Peggy Coquet
>><peggy@comcast.net> wrote (snipped a byte or eight):
>>
>>>Goodness - step away from the old electronic sweatshop for a bite of lunch
>>>and look what happens! Such drama!! And I missed it all ... <sigh>
>>
>>Yeah, I know. You're not the first woman to tell me how exciting life is
>>around me. If only life were as exciting *with* me, Mrs Tree wouldn't
>>have run off with a 27-year-old Plumber's mate from Chiswick, my
>>daughter wouldn't be selling herself on the streets to support my crack
>>habit and my dog wouldn't have thrown himself under a speeding Harley
>>driven by an American tourist.
>
>Shame about the dog, mate.

Yeah, I really love that Rottweiler...

--
Del Tree
0

I use Easy CD Creator. I use XP and OSX. I have solved the
incompatibility issue by choosing UDF as the file system. UDF retains
the full file name where Joliet truncates everything to the OLD 8.3
standard. This has been the most painless for us.

Everyone posting to this thread should consider updating there tech
knowledge of standards. Especially all the DTP's who think Mac's are
the be all end all. IF YOU'RE USING OSX THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
THAT AND MY DELL IS THE MOTOROLA CHIPSET.

Buggers!

In message <dfb1cc0e.0406100846.59ead897@posting.google.com>, APS
<aps_prepress@yahoo.com> wrote
>Geeze. So many opinions, so little knowledge.
>
>I use Easy CD Creator. I use XP and OSX. I have solved the
>incompatibility issue by choosing UDF as the file system. UDF retains
>the full file name where Joliet truncates everything to the OLD 8.3
>standard. This has been the most painless for us.
>
>Everyone posting to this thread should consider updating there tech
>knowledge of standards. Especially all the DTP's who think Mac's are
>the be all end all. IF YOU'RE USING OSX THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
>THAT AND MY DELL IS THE MOTOROLA CHIPSET.
>
>Buggers!

'Jeez' indeed. The solution to Macs running pre-OS X os's as I posted
yesterday, has been around for years. It is a tiny little extension one
only needs to bung in the extensions folder and any Mac running Os 8.6
to 8.2 will read and mount Joliet PC cdrom disks. End of story. I can
only conclude that folks prefer to make their lives complicated.
It is to be found here:
http://www.tempel.org/joliet/index.html

I also suggest you *read* what it does, why it was written and why older
Macs will always have problems reading many PC cdrom disks unless the
user avails themselves of this extension.
OK, it's no longer free, (my mistake!) but hell, the guy who wrote the
damn thing deserves a few bucks for producing something that can save
users like Amanda a lot more dollars in wasted time - not to mention the
frustration.
0
del7015 (43)
6/10/2004 7:20:06 PM
"APS" <aps_prepress@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Geeze. So many opinions, so little knowledge.
>
> I use Easy CD Creator. I use XP and OSX. I have solved the
> incompatibility issue by choosing UDF as the file system. UDF retains
> the full file name where Joliet truncates everything to the OLD 8.3
> standard.

Crap! Ive been using joliet cd's on the pc for years and never had any
trouble with file names on my macs.

You need to go into the options in nero and turn on the longer file name
support.

'Nuff said about i think.

Robotman.

0
NOSPAM878 (10)
6/12/2004 10:59:21 AM
aps_prepress@yahoo.com (APS) wrote in

> Geeze. So many opinions, so little knowledge.

And who are you to buck that trend?

> I use Easy CD Creator. I use XP and OSX. I have solved the
> incompatibility issue by choosing UDF as the file system. UDF retains
> the full file name where Joliet truncates everything to the OLD 8.3
> standard.

Actually, Joliet keeps both old and new for maximal backwards
compatibility, and older MacOS chooses to read just the shorter filenames.

> This has been the most painless for us.

Until you send a disc to someone with Win2K or previous who has not
installed UDF reading software, who will think you have sent them blank
discs.

> Everyone posting to this thread should consider updating there tech
> knowledge of standards. Especially

You.

Coincidentally, that wasn't the original problem under discussion.

<snip>
0
ericvgill (473)
6/12/2004 3:46:43 PM
"Eric Gill" posted:

"...Until you send a disc to someone with Win2K or previous who has not
installed UDF reading software, who will think you have sent them blank
discs. ..."

Or ... until you realize that the UDF Packet Writing setup is inherently unstable, and the
disk goes south with 600 megabytes of irreplaceable source material.

Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns95066DA7A6B1ericvgillyahoocom@24.93.44.119>...

> And who are you to buck that trend?

Your replacement.

> > I use Easy CD Creator. I use XP and OSX. I have solved the
> > incompatibility issue by choosing UDF as the file system.
>
> Actually, Joliet keeps both old and new for maximal backwards
> compatibility, and older MacOS chooses to read just the shorter filenames.

"Actually!"

Whatever. The Joliet I know truncates file names (And I do apologize
for my jubilant outburst. It seems that Easy CD Creator's default file
format saves the 8.3 convention when transferring across platforms and
Joliet is something like 64 chars across platforms). UDF has worked
the best in our environment (Windoze XP and OSX, 256 chars). Does your
Joliet have that spiffy new feature where it doesn't overwrite your
modification dates yet?

> > This has been the most painless for us.
>
> Until you send a disc to someone with Win2K or previous who has not
> installed UDF reading software, who will think you have sent them blank
> discs.

Fortunately, the offices which actually send me files have UPGRADED
THEIR OS IN THE LAST THREE YEARS to at least Windoze 2000 or that
sleek new UNIX box with the pretty interface which you lovingly refer
to as Mac OSX. (Oh what I wouldn't give for a Blue and White G3
running Mac OS 9.1!) Which, unfortunately, requires the current
bloatware and PostScript 3 headaches to flatten all their superfly
transparency effects, thirty-layer Photoshop comps, all embedded in an
InDesign PDF at screen resolution. JOY!

<last section snipped for snippiness.>

I'm going to bury my head in the sand now. Peace.

> Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> And who are you to buck that trend?
>
> Your replacement.

I'm the owner.

>> > I use Easy CD Creator. I use XP and OSX. I have solved the
>> > incompatibility issue by choosing UDF as the file system.
>>
>> Actually, Joliet keeps both old and new for maximal backwards
>> compatibility, and older MacOS chooses to read just the shorter
>> filenames.
>
> "Actually!"

Actually.

> Whatever.

Indeed. Take a valium, and get over yourself. We already have.

<snip>
0
ericvgill (473)
6/15/2004 1:19:24 PM
Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns950954B0A5887ericvgillyahoocom@24.93.43.119>...

> I'm the owner.

And I'm sure your employees love the fact your spend damn near all
your time stretching your ego in newsgroups. I'll save the curses.

> Indeed. Take a valium, and get over yourself. We already have.

You and your assumed posse know where those <snips> will fit best! I
will take you up on one of those valium--I'm still reeling from
Adobe's new nightmare.

My point was to describe my experience with CD compatibility issues
and the solution that works for me. Granted some of the old hacks have
their preferred methods and have no desire to try new things. I change
with the technology as any employee who is valued by their employer
should.

It really is too bad you're namesake is a phallic worshiping
misogynist, Eric. Now I'll just say good day.

* The opinions expressed here were solely those of the author.

No Mac Help in Mac Help?
When I go to Mac Help in Finder (latest version of OSX Tiger) I get nothing. The window pops up but it's blank. Click on the little house and the initial screen fills in but nothing beyond that. I had a simiar problem with Safari help some time back and someone suggested I remove a folder from Library/Caches, (com.apple.helpui or something similar) and that did the trick for Safari's help. I honestly don't recall if I've ever had the Mac Help or I've just never used it since this machine. The problem happens on or offline so I'm not sure where the Mac Help file re...

Help! iSync mac to mac

Help Help Help Help Help
please,help us . we have a seious problem, we are designing a radio controlled car that is guided by the PC, to send the data wireless between the PC and the Car and vice versa. we use 2 transmitter/reciever circuits from 2 seperate radio controlled car each running with a different frequency (27 MHz & 40 MHz)and modify the functionality of each to do the disered work. but on mounting a transmitter(40MHz) and reciever(27MHz) on the car, and attach another transmitter(27MHz) and reciever(40MHz) to the PC; we found that on sending signals from the car to the PC on the transmitter & rec...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac?
http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=33751 Help! I've Been Forced To Use A Mac, Online Help for Mac? Aug 29 2009, 12:23 PM Post #1 Group: Star Member Posts: 297 Joined: 31-May 06 Member No.: 14,025 Today, for a hopefully brief period of time, I'm being forced to use a Mac. Since these machines are incomprehensible, I need a simple piece of information*. I know this is heresy, but . . er . . is there anywhere on the Net where peeps answer questions without offering them the choice of (1) $15 (2) $25 or (3) $50 for the answer. ~ beau (but don't tell anyone I asked...

HELP! HELP! HELP
I hope someone out there can solve my mysterious problem. I have tried everything imaginable, even paid $35 to Microsoft to help me, but they were not able to figure out this problem: Here is the problem: I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then > imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange > reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, > it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is > lost. i have tried...

help! help!! help!!! me
hello if x=linspace(1,100,n); p=linspace(100,80,n-1); how can I get A A=[ x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; x(2) 1 -x(2) -1 0 0 0 0...0 0; p(1) 0 -p(2) 0 0 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 x(3) 1 -x(3) -1 0 0...0 0; 0 0 p(2) 0 -p(3) 0 0 0...0 0; 0 0 0 0 x(4) 1 -x(4) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 p(3) 0 -p(4) 0...0 0; ....................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0...x(i) 1 -x(i) -1...0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0...p(i-1) 0 -p(i-1) 0 ...0 0; ......................................... 0 0 0 0 0 0....x(n-1) 1 -x(n-1) -1; 0 0 0 0 0 0....p(n-2) 0 -p(n-1) 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0.... 0 0 p(n-1) 0; ] "Jim lei" <redlightlike@mathworks.c...

HELP-HELP-HELP!!!!!!!!!!
On this site par example: http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to see this a new window opens and i see a icon with ared cross in it. also on sites with games i see this... What is my problem? I have winXP-Pro firewall is out and sec. is on low..... twan1@home.nl (Twan) writes: > On this site par example: > http://communications.siemens.com/cds/frontdoor/0,2241,nl_nl_0_27443_rArNrNrNrN,00.html > u have a 3d animation, like many other sites...but if i want to...

help! help!! help!!!
x=[0 1 10] p=[100 80] how can I get A A=[3x(1) 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0; 2x(1) x(1) 1 0 0 0 0 0; 3x(2) 2x(2) x(2) 1 -3x(2) -2x(2) -x(2) -1; 2x(2) x(2) 1 0 -2x(2) -x(2) -1 0; p(1)x(1) p(1) 0 0 -p(2)x(2) -p(2) 0 0; p(1) 0 0 0 -p(2) 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(2)x(3) -p(2) 0 0; 0 0 0 0 -p(3) 0 0 0; ] In article <fkus3t$11h$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Jim lei <redlightlike@mathworks.com> wrote: >x=[0 1 10] >p=[100 80] >how can I get ...

HELP! HELP! HELP!
We are currently running R83 v3.1m (33 user) on an old 200 Mhz Pentium with 16Mb Mem and 2.x gif HD (the actual partition is smaller) We have run this for a number of years without ANY significant problems. Last week (just as my family was in the middle of "the move from Hell") the system decides to take a major dump. A bad link of some sort in the ABS area. THEN - the systems disks have disappeared. After much screaming and gnashing of teeth I got the system running again. OH! did I mention that the previous evenings file save tape was bad? Anyhow, the bo...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

HELP HELP HELP...
Hi everybody there. I have created a GUI in MATLAB's guide application. In the GUI I am appearing on the screen a frame from a camera by pushing a button. My problem that sometimes the application works fine, but some others something is going wrong and I get the following error message: ??? Assignment has more non-singleton rhs dimensions than non-singleton subscripts Error in ==> LEDsFinal>txtGrabFrame_Callback at 164 A(width, i, Blue) = abs(fread(portCMU, 1, 'uint8'))/255; What does the error message mean? What seems to be the problem? How can I overco...

Help Help Help
Q1 I want to know how to show the 8 bit planes of the image?? Q2 And also find edges of image by showing both edge magnitude and direction?? ...

Help Help Help
Hello, I am a reluctant user of the website ntsearch.com. I accidentally download a Java program called "dict" from an ebook website to my XP and now every English words that I read from my computer has got a link with your web. I found it very frustrating when I noticed all the chinese characters I read from the web now become loads of question marks. I think it has a link with the program that I accidentally downloaded from that ebook website. How can I remove the so called "dict" program and other Java Scripts from my computer? This is very urgent and please answer my ...

Help! Help! Help!
My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to setup screen. I don't know how to try to isolate the problem. (Mother board, power supply etc.) Any suggestions? sogs wrote: > My daughter has a Dell 2300 that is coincidentally 1 month past the > warranty. It will start up and shut off within 1 minute. It doesn't > matter if I boot from hard drive, floppy, go into safe mode, or go to > setup screen....

Web resources about - HELP -PC CDs unreadable on Mac - comp.publish.prepress

Unreadable license plates are illegal in New Mexico - Albuquerque Journal News
9,378 tickets were issued last year for not properly displaying a current license plate or altering one - News Article

Solve Media Claims It Can Turn Unreadable Captchas into Ad Generators - Peter Kafka - Media - AllThingsD ...
Solve Media can't make captchas go away, but it says it can make them less unpleasantby turning them into ads.

BlackBerry pimps unreadable spreadsheets as a reason to buy the Passport over Android
We'll just let this image speak for itself, but it's cute how they clunked up the notification area first before taking that screenshot. So, ...

Jailbreak your iPhone? iBookstore purchases may be unreadable
The latest greenpois0n jailbreak for iOS triggers a check in iBooks that …

"In a dark sea of unreadable terms of service, Tumblr’s version rises to the surface as a life raft..." ...
“In a dark sea of unreadable terms of service, Tumblr’s version rises to the surface as a life raft for users looking to get a grasp of what ...

The BRAD BLOG : 20 Percent of 'Paper Trails' Found Unreadable During Recount on Cuyahoga County Ohio's ...
20 Percent of 'Paper Trails' Found Unreadable During Recount on Cuyahoga County Ohio's Touch-Screen Machines

Overseas Messages Sent by Islamic Terrorist Before Failed Texas Attack Unreadable, Says FBI
FBI investigators are still unable to read 109 encrypted messages sent by one of the two men who opened fire outside the Muhammad Art Exhibit ...

e-book glitch leaves new J.K. Rowling novel unreadable
Harry Potter author's first adult novel arrives to mixed reviews, but e-book readers who bought the book today couldn't even read it.

California to replace unreadable street signs
California to replace unreadable street signs

J.K. Rowling's Newest Book is Genuinely Unreadable on Kindle - Geekosystem
... forward to reading it on your fancy Kindle, it's probably time to start reining in your expectations. The book is seriously, literally, unreadable. ...