Quark 4 Mac Number of files in File List

Is there a hack or extension that allows more than ten in the File Open
list?

moomesa (112)
11/7/2003 5:11:56 PM
comp.publish.prepress 3348 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

getting the 'files' list longer in quark 4 mac
It's limited to ten. Any hacks or third party sw to get more in the list? -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

list dict file dict file dict file dict bp
I know Pick has always had these 'filler' verbs that do nothing but can make the advertising copy look english like (well it was called English back in the day). Still it seems remarkable that I can... LIST DICT FILE DICT FILE DICT FILE DICT BP Or practically any combination of the above. LIST DICT DICT DICT DICT BP LIST DICT DICT DICT FILE FILE FILE BP I understand FILE as a meaninglss filler verb but DICT!? I wonder how these sentences behave on other versions. I'm using D3 NT 7something. Jeremy Thomson On Universe I get >LIST DICT FILE DICT FILE DICT FILE DICT BP RetrieVe: syntax error. Unexpected symbol. Token was "DICT". Scanned command was LIST DICT FILE DICT Regards, KeithJ <panzerboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151543873.838694.65080@b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I know Pick has always had these 'filler' verbs that do nothing but can > make the advertising copy look english like (well it was called English > back in the day). > Still it seems remarkable that I can... > > LIST DICT FILE DICT FILE DICT FILE DICT BP > > Or practically any combination of the above. > LIST DICT DICT DICT DICT BP > LIST DICT DICT DICT FILE FILE FILE BP > > I understand FILE as a meaninglss filler verb but DICT!? > > I wonder how these sentences behave on other versions. > I'm using D3 NT 7something. > > Jeremy Thomson ...

Find and List files matching file extension
So, I know you can find files by extension using find . -name "*.psd" -print However, I am trying to search some backups for all the psd files contained within a large number of .zip files. Can anyone provide a snippet for searching (and listing) all *.psd files found within all .zip files (recursively) Jay CompuMatter compumatter.jay@gmail.com wrote: > So, I know you can find files by extension using > > find . -name "*.psd" -print > > However, I am trying to search some backups for all the psd files contained within a large number of...

list all file lock in a file
Hi. I read the info manual of glibc for the advisory record lock using fcntl(2) function on my Linux system. It says that if the specific part of the file has more than one lock, fcntl(fd, F_GETLK, &lock) will only return information about one of them. After simple experiment, I found that fcntl(, F_GETLK, ) returns the first lock of the specific part if that part has more than two (read) locks. Is there any other way to get information of all lock in the specific part of a file? Or, is there any tool that list all locks in the given file? I tried fuser(1) and lsof(1). But both give ...

sed from a filed file list
Hi I want to > sed ..... file1 file2 file3.... > another_file but I do not want to write file1 file2 file3, I want these file names to be listed in another file, FILE say. What I want to know is, how I can extract the file names from FILE and input them to sed, to obtain the result above, any suggestions? Thank you Douglas On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:14:14 -0700 Douglas scrawled this disquisition: > Hi > > I want to > >> sed ..... file1 file2 file3.... > another_file > > but I do not want to write file1 file2 file3, I want these fil...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

FAQ 5.2 How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? #4 336911
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.2: How do I change one line in a file/delete a line in a file/insert a line in the middle of a file/append to the beginning of a file? Use the Tie::File module, which is included in the standard distribution since Perl 5.8.0. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Documents such as this have been called "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" or FAQ for short. They represent an important part of the Usenet tradition. They serve to reduce the volume of redundant traffic on a news group by providing quality answers to questions that keep coming up. If you are some how irritated by seeing these postings you are free to ignore them or add the sender to your killfile. If you find errors or other problems with these postings please send corrections or comments to the posting email address or to the maintainers as directed in the perlfaq manual page. Note that the FAQ text posted by this server may have been modified from that distributed in the stable Perl release. It may have been edited to reflect the additions, changes and corrections provided by respondents, reviewers, and critics to previous postings of t...

[Palm T3
Using a Palm Tungsten T3 and a Mac with OS X.4.2 Sync with the Palm Desktop is ok, with DocumentsToGo is mostly ok but there is one file that always comes back although I tried to delete it : - removed it from the sync list of DocumentsToGo - deleted all instances of this file and files with similar names on the Mac (found it at least at 3 places) - deleted it on the Palm Each time I synchronize (even after deleting all possible files on both sides), this file reappears on the Palm and possibly also on the Mac with an incremental number appended (eg. myfile_1.xls). There must be a hidden...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

Renaming a large number of files of files?
Is there any way for me to rename a large number of files without losing references? A client of mine has inadvertently added a suffix to all files. File names should be similar to below GDP05-1010-6001 Client added suffix GDP05-1010-6001-1 John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz "John Layne" <JohnDON'TBUGMEWITHSPAM@solidengineering.co.nz> wrote in message news:Zlc5f.1269$S24.83096@news.xtra.co.nz... > Is there any way for me to rename a large number of files without losing > references? > > A client of mine has inadvertently added a suffix to all file...

Does tar have list files or option files?
Does tar have an option for getting the archives from a list, like a list of directories, file wildcasrds to add or exclude from the list to be archived? On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:48:55 -0800, voipfc wrote: > > Does tar have an option for getting the archives from a list, switch: -T > like a > list of directories, file wildcasrds to add > or exclude switch: -X > from the list to be archived? > Note: comments inline. man tar. There are a lot of options. It definitely requires practice to ensure it will do what you want. -- Douglas Mayne On 28 Feb, 22:00, Dougl...

On Mac: File.file? behaves strangely
Or, rather, I probably just made a silly mistake which I can't see (because I had a long break since I wrote my last Ruby program). Please have a look at this program: #!/usr/local/bin/ruby dir=ARGV[0] or raise "Which directory?"; puts "Opening:"+dir Dir.foreach(dir) { |entry| puts entry if(File.file?(entry)) puts "is a file" end } No matter which directory on Max OSX 10.4 I try this out, it lists all entries in the directory, but only for the entry ".DS_Store" (which exists on the Mac automatically in every sub-direct...

how to copy a mac file that store in win2000 to other place while maintaining the file structure of mac?

Renaming files by counting the number of files
SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 all patches, etc.... I have a process that I need to run more than once a day (as it was originally designed) This process creates a directory with the julian date in it... i.e. /u/home/data/bcu253 once my program runs, there will be files there as such: 09090401.tar 09090402.tar 09090403.tar as you can see these are in mmddyy[01-99].tar format....depending on how many records it finds, it can make only 1 tar file or at the max it will make 10 of them.... So, at this point I have this directory: /u/home/data/bcu253 and I have the files in this directory called: ...

diff files from two file listings
I have two file listings of the files (file elements of the same name but in different Clearcase branch), what is the easiest way to run diff on each of the file from the file listings? Perhaps Perl script? Example: listing1.txt file1@@branch1 file2@@branch2 .... listing2.txt file1@@branch2 file2@@branch2 .... The script would do the following: diff file1@@branch1 file1@@branch2 diff file2@@branch1 file2@@branch2 and so on. Thanks! /WT In article <8718404c-9611-4783-b61b-95a170f36d3d@googlegroups.com>, Why Tea <ytlim1@gmail.com> wrote: > I hav...

File monitor and listing of config files
Does anyone know of a Linux substitute for Filemon in Windows? Google shows a lot of links referring to a Linux version of Filemon, but there is no such thing. I found something called strace but it appears to be a primitive single-process tracker. What I want is something with a good GUI that tracks all file system activity in real time. The main purpose I have for such a tool right now is that I want to get acclimated to where Linux keeps configuration files. So any links to that info. would also be helpful. Example: In Mandrake, the menudrake applet (I think) gives me little contr...

How to publish dependent files in parent file.
I am trying to use the Matlab Publish tools so that I can either point to a piece of code that was written and used as a function in a main file. In this example the stripwidth.m is the child code. stripwidth.m function W=stripwidth(epr,Z0,b) %Calculates width of Stripline. %From Pozar p. 139 y=sqrt(epr)*Z0; x=30*pi/(sqrt(epr)*Z0)-0.441; if y<120 Wb=x; else Wb=0.85-sqrt(0.6-x); end W=Wb*b; And the Parent code is the following: %% DOCUMENT TITLE % INTRODUCTORY TEXT clc,clear all, close all, format compact, format short eng %% Problem 3.19 % Problem Statemen...

JAR files reading list files
I have written an application which is a kind of search engine for a book. I down loaded off the net the list files which contain the program listings for the book. So my application can allow a user to search for any program listing. The application works.However I want to put it into a JAR together with the lst files (list files), so that the application can be run by clicking on the JAR. I have got it run OK, but I have to have the lst files in the directory at which the the JAR is executed from. I can't get the application to get the list files from the JAR itself. I have the class files and the list files in a package, all contained in the JAR. I have used a manifest file. How do I get my application to look for the list files in the JAR rather than looking in the cuurent directory? I would be grateful for any suggestions! I hope my problem makes sense! Rob Hadow On Fri, 21 May 2004 12:38:40 +0100, rob hadow wrote: > How do I get my application to look for the list files in the JAR rather > than looking in the cuurent directory? <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#path> -- Andrew Thompson http://www.PhySci.org/ Open-source software suite http://www.PhySci.org/codes/ Web & IT Help http://www.1point1C.org/ Science & Technology Andrew Thanks, I,ve looked at your web site. Do I use the method Class.getResource(String name) ? File dire=new File("listing.lst"); // listing.lst is the directory containing the lst files F...

object files, header files, source files?
I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is linking?, why does a source file need an object file? etc. I have looked in The C programming Language, The C++ Programming Language, Accelerated C++, GNU make etc but they don't describe these basic subject. Any literature that covers these subjects? saneman wrote: > I can't find any books describing the anatomy of C/C++ programs. What is > an object file? Can it be generated from a header file?, what is > linking?, why does a s...

write file + input file + write file
Hi, I want to write some latex command to a file (file1), input the file at the end of the document. These command shall write to another file (file2) and at a second run I use the file2. Whatever I have tried nothing works and I don't known why. The goal is to save a set of special commands and run them at the end of the document, because they use some values which are only available at the end! Can anybody please help me with that? Thanks in advance! I should be something like: \begin{document} \usepackage{style} \input{file2} %file exists from a previous run \end{document} style.sty:...

how to tell if a file is inary file or ascii file?
Hello, Is there a way to find if a file is a binary executable file or an ASCII executable file in unix? especially, if I have a file with permission of --x--x--x. Thanks, Peter peter wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to find if a file is a binary executable file or an ASCII > executable file in unix? especially, if I have a file with > permission of --x--x--x. If in a shell you could start with man file Tobias On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:31:11 +0000, peter wrote: > Is there a way to find if a file is a binary executable file or an ASCII > executable file in...

How to copy a file to a file with a prefixed file name
I'm trying to write a program that will archive selected files to an archive directory. The files in the archive directory will have a prefix in the format yyyymmdd-hhmmss-filename.ext. So, if the file is called "somefile.dat", then the filename in the archive directory should be "20090522-164325-somefile.dat". I'm using Clipper's COPY FILE command to do the copy. I can't figure out how to get the prefix in front of the file name. Creating the prefix string is no problem, but I can't figure out how to tack that onto the front of the filename. If I...

File share, File Sharing, File Host
http://fileuplo.de File share, File Sharing, File Host -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

Web resources about - Quark 4 Mac Number of files in File List - comp.publish.prepress

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Community corrections changes could reduce prisoner number increase
Program is a unique attempt to deflect many serious offenders away from crime by addressing the causal factors that are relevant in each case. ...

Snake catchers say record numbers of tiger snakes, dugites in Perth suburbs
A Perth professional snake catcher says has seen record hauls of dugites and tiger snakes over summer, getting up to 30 callouts a week from ...

Marshmallow barely crawls past 2% adoption in March Android distribution numbers
Last month, Marshmallow finally reached a full percentage point in the Android distribution numbers. In March, helped by numerous OEMs releasing ...

Juniper: Hybrid, plug-in numbers will jump 42% by 2020
Filed under: Green , Electric , Hybrid World's hybrids, plug-ins may total 17 million by the end of the decade, according to Juniper Research. ...

Shake Shack's expansion by the numbers
The number of Shake Shack restaurants in the world has expanded by a third since the beginning of 2015.

Clinton: 'Try Everything That Works' to Limit the Numbers and Kinds of People 'Who Are Given Access to ...
"I think we have to try everything that works to try to limit the numbers of people and the kinds of people who are given access to firearms," ...

Obama Admin Releases Stunning New Numbers On Gitmo Detainees
Obama Admin Releases Stunning New Numbers On Gitmo Detainees

Butterfly Holds Record Number of Vision Cells in Its Eyes
The common bluebottle has no fewer than 15 classes of cells known as photoreceptors.