Floppy disks and floppy drives.

Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to
be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds
of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing).

Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of
micro storage cards and dvd+rws.

Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from
stripping the drives for their motors.

TR
0
Trail
2/17/2008 9:26:22 PM
comp.robotics.misc 7077 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Trail Rat wrote:

>Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to
>be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds
>of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing).
>
>Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of
>micro storage cards and dvd+rws.
>
>Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from
>stripping the drives for their motors.

I can do better than just answering your question; I can tell
you how to answer it and all future questions like it.

Go to eBay, and search on floppy disks / floppy disk drives.
Click the box to show completed listings only.  If every
auction has many bids and the final price is high, the
item is valuable.  If many auctions end with no bids and the
ones that do have low final prices, it has no worth on the
market.  It also means that you can dump the ones you have,
knowing that if you ever have a need for one it will be easy
and cheap to get.

--
misc.business.product-dev: a Usenet newsgroup
about the Business of Product Development.

     -- Guy Macon <http://www.guymacon.com/>

0
Guy
2/18/2008 5:48:43 AM