IR Receiver

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi,

I'm new to robotics and found a IR receiver. It has three posts on it. What
do these posts do? Thanks Michael

0
Reply Himszy 1/16/2005 4:27:28 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Himszy" <michaelhimsAT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm new to robotics and found a IR receiver. It has three posts on
> it. What do these posts do? Thanks Michael

One is power (+5 or +3.3 usually), the other ground. The third will be
the recovered signal. Usually, it will be a low when an IR rcvr sees a
modulated stream at its base frequency (38kHz, 40KHz, etc.),and when it
is absent it output is high. But there's no guarantee without knowing
the specs of the particular device. Does it have a part number on it?

Here's a popular one you might look at for comparison

http://downloads.solarbotics.com/PDF/PNA4602_datasheet.pdf

--
Randy M. Dumse

Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.

0
Reply Randy 1/16/2005 4:48:06 PM
comp.robotics.misc 7001 articles. 3 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

IR Receive and Send
Hi all, I have a home theater system with a plasma TV. Because the plasma is wallmounted, I moved all other components into a corner of my room. This looks a lot better, but now I cannot remotely control the components anymore because they are facing the tv just like me. What I am looking for is a very small solution that can receive ir signals and transmit them back. I can wallmount this next to my plasma and it should work. My question is, I think this should be fairly simple to create with a IR-led and a IR-Receiving transistor, but does anyone know how to link those two together? Or does...

Macintosh IR Receiver
Years ago I bought this IR Receiver that plugs in to the serial port on a Mac. Recently I found it in a box of junk and would like use it - but have lost the software for it. I've done plenty of searches on the net to see if I can find who made it and try to get the software for it, but to no avial. I think it came from one guy who made these cool things for cheap money. Something like Brick sticks in my head for the company name. I think he was over seas (I'm in the US). It was only like $15 and came with a little Philips remote. Here's a pic or it; http://www.sitticus.com/IRRec...

USB IR receiver
Hi, I have the following problem. OS: SuSE 9.1 Kernel: 2.6.5-7.75-default I try to setup a USB infrared receiver (sold by ASUS) but it does not work. Here is what dmesg reports: usb 1-1: new low speed USB device using address 6 usb 1-1: Product: eDio USB Multi Remote Controlle usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: ctrl urb status -2 received drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: timeout initializing reports HID device not claimed by input or hiddev hid: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5 Irda-tools are installed on the computer. Do you have any ideas rega...

Macintosh IR Receiver
Years ago I bought this IR Receiver that plugs in to the serial port on a Mac. Recently I found it in a box of junk and would like use it - but have lost the software for it. I've done plenty of searches on the net to see if I can find who made it and try to get the software for it, but to no avial. I think it came from one guy who made these cool things for cheap money. Something like Brick sticks in my head for the company name. I think he was over seas (I'm in the US). It was only like $15 and came with a little Philips remote. Here's a pic of it; http://www.sitticus.com/IRRec...

No IR Receiver on iMac?!?
Can anyone confirm that the current iMacs don't have an IR receiver for an Apple Remote? The Minis do; says so in the specs. How are you supposed to do remote control of, say, a video or iTunes music? Can't believe Apple'd leave this off a flagship machine. Just yet another reason to go for a Mini and save a bundle. -- What the flux? --Carl Friedrich Gauss In article <fmoore-761DCF.17230301092013@mx05.eternal-september.org>, Fred Moore <fmoore@gcfn.org> wrote: > Can anyone confirm that the current iMacs don't have an IR receiver for >...

Macintosh IR Receiver
Years ago I bought this IR Receiver that plugs in to the serial port on a Mac. Recently I found it in a box of junk and would like use it - but have lost the software for it. I've done plenty of searches on the net to see if I can find who made it and try to get the software for it, but to no avial. I think it came from one guy who made these cool things for cheap money. Something like Brick sticks in my head for the company name. I think he was over seas (I'm in the US). It was only like $15 and came with a little Philips remote. Here's a pic of it; http://www.sitticu...

Serial IR receiver problem
Hello all I have a strange problem. I use a home built serial IR receiver attached to the com-port of my computer. I use Winlirc and Girder to perform different tasks from my remote control. It has worked very well for many years now. The other day I installed a Skype adapter, AU-600. I trhink this device works more or less as a modem with voice capablities. It enables me to use my regular phone with Skype, making and receiving calls. It's an USB device and after I installed it my IR receiver works very poorly. It seems that the signal received is very inconsistent. I've tried to re...

IR receiver module on a cable
Does anyone know where you can buy an IR receiver module molded into a cable? These are common accessories to video capture cards that you can use with an IR remote control. They have a three wire cable with 5V, GND, demodulated IR TTL level output. Here is a picture of what I am looking for: http://www.nishioka.com/CIMG0559.JPG Alan Nishioka alan@nishioka.com ...

Strange IR receiver failure
My IR receiver has stopped working on my iMac (first generation Intel). It shows up in System Profiler: Version: 1.07 Bus Power (mA): 500 Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec Product ID: 0x8240 Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Computer, Inc.) However, it is just identified as "USB Device". It is supposed to be identified as an IR receiver. My guess was that I somehow lost a driver, so nothing is claiming this device and telling the OS what it is. To test that theory, I did a fresh Leopard install on an external drive, and booted from that--and it still shows up as "USB Device...

IR receiver for I2C bus?
Is there such a chip that receives TV remote control IR signals and stores them so they can be retreived later via I2C? I am aware that I can do that myself using a uController, but I was wondering if there is already a chip out there. If it also had a transmitter, that would be even better. Thanks Matthias PS: Yes, I did use Google, but I seem to get only hits for boards and MPU's that support IrDA and I2C... . Matthias Melcher <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote: > Is there such a chip that receives TV remote control IR signals and > stores them so they can be retreived la...

help !! receiving transmitting IR
Is there a simple code for reading and transmitting infa red for the tv, vcr, dvd etc. I have a client who has limited/no use of her hands. I've purchased a tira-2 infa red receiver/transmitter so she could control her tv, vcr,dvd via the computer using dragon speak. the program they suggested to use was Girder.. But this is a very complicated program for her to use. All I need is a simple little program that with record a infa red singal and then plays it back when I click on the proper command button. Can somebody help? Is there a program already available? or a ...

IR Receiver Mini-Plug Wiring
Hello, I have an IR connecting block that only accepts a 3 conductor mini plug and an IR receiver that has bare wires. I want to add a miniplug to the receiver but I don't know which wire goes to which conductor on the mini plug. Does anyone one know how this should be wired up? The receiver has the Signal, 12V+ and Ground. The mini-plug has the Tip, Ring, and Sleeve, of course. Which goes to which? Thanks meir410@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I have an IR connecting block that only accepts a 3 conductor mini > plug and an IR receiver that has bare wires. I want to add a mi...

help ! USB IR receiver/transmitter
Is there a simple code for reading and transmitting infa red for the tv, vcr, dvd etc. I have a client who has limited/no use of her hands. I've purchased a tira-2 infa red receiver/transmitter so she could control her tv, vcr,dvd via the computer using dragon speak. the program they suggested to use was Girder.. But this is a very complicated program for her to use. All I need is a simple little program that with record a infa red singal and then plays it back when I click on the proper command button. Can somebody help? Is there a program already available? or a simple vb code tha...

ir remotes (with serial receivers) under FreeBSD?
I have a Pinnacle PCTV stero TV card. It works with the bt878 driver. Bundled with the card is an IR remote control. The receiver is an "ir eye" that connects to a serial port. How do I make this work under FreeBSD? (I'm using FreeBSD 4.9-stable). This remote is supported under LIRC (http://www.lirc.org/), so my first thought was to use the FreeBSD port of LIRC (http://www.freshports.org/comms/lirc/), but this port doesn't have the drivers (no, not even the serial port driver). Based on some googling, it seems that it might be a quite tough job to port the dr...

Receive photos frm k750i via IR
Hi want to know if it is possible to beam photos via IR from sony ericsso k750i to my tungsten e? How to activate IR on tungsten e to receive dat via IR than -- MagiClick - The Best Palm OS Game: www.palmgear.com/?xyz=9672 ...

Saving the realtime images received from an IR camera(50FPS).
Hi I have an application developed in labview6.0 in which an IR camera is sending images(50FPS). I have to save these images into harddisk. But when I try this the system slows down and it effects the performance of the app also. It will be helpfull if somebody could suggest a way to store the images either on the system (NI PXI with 128 mb ram) in which my app is running or remotely on some other system. FOr a better answer than mine, I suggest you re-post this Q to the Vision forum. Depending on the size of your images, the issue maybe a lack of memory. 50 FPS is also pretty high. That ...

Tungsten E will IR will receive but will not send
I have a palm Tungsten E that others (Mainly from a T2) can beam me data like appointments or memo items, but I am not able to beam back. I have tried the the soft and warm resets but I am hessitant about trying the hard reset unless that is the only option. Has anyone else had a problem where the Tungsten E will recieve something beamed to it but not able to send? In article <b9c371e1.0409071017.80b22f3@posting.google.com>, mmurdock@gmail.com (mmurdock) wrote: > I have a palm Tungsten E that others (Mainly from a T2) can beam me > data like appointments or memo items...

Palm V unable to receive IR beams -cannot hotsync need help!!!
I have a Palm V. I have been trying to IR hotsync and I have been unsuccesful. I cannot hotsync with the cradle since my computer does not have a serial input. I have reinstalled the software, changed the baud rate, and hard reset the palm. I discovered that my palm is unable to receive beams, therefore it cannot accept a username to be hotsynced. I have tried turning on and off teh receive but to no avail. My palm displays 'waiting for sender' when it is near the computer but it never gets a recieve dialog box when i try to beam to the palm. How can I get my palm to receive IR...

RECEIVE-CONTROL and $RECEIVE
Hi everybody, I'm having a query about these things. A COBOL server we use uses the FILE_OPEN_ to open $RECEIVE. We are pasing the call a param value of 5 for sync-or-receive-depth. Whats this really mean, I can not get clear from the manuals what this means. Also the COBOL has no code in the INPUT-OUTPUT section and as so has no SELECT or: RECEIVE-CONTROL. TABLE OCCURS nn TIMES SYNCDEPTH LIMIT IS n REPLY CONTAINS n CHARACTERS. Should it have? The reason I investigate this is we getting errors calling it like this.. 1007* LINKMON L\ZTMINCA.$SXX2, CA...

IR
I have Palm PDA with IR transmitter that I want to use to control RCX (Lego Mindstorms micro-controler). The RCX also has an IR transmitter but it does not support IRDA. Is there a way to write a LabView&nbsp;program for my PDA that will be capable of using the IR port of the PDA to send information&nbsp;using not-IRDA types of IR (Home IR for example, like TV remotes)?&nbsp; Hi, If that doesn't work, you may want to look for the dll which will allow you communication with that port directly.&nbsp; Best Regards, AG ...

Matched Filter Receiver and Correlation Receiver?
Hi, As I know,the Correlation receiver consists of a matched filter whos output sampled at the end of each symbol interval. What's the differenc between Matched Filter Receiver and Correlation Receiver? Nothing, if you sample right at the middle of the symbol period. Lots if you don't. --Randy tplay wrote: > Hi, > As I know,the Correlation receiver consists of a matched filter whose > output sampled at the end of each symbol interval. What's the difference > between Matched Filter Receiver and Correlation Receiver? ...

[VW7.2] receiver does not receive the argument passed?
Hello, I have a bug I cannot solve through debugging. The following method ist part of an ArticleReader that will read a collection of articles from a stream. An article text block is limited by a single '#' on a line. This method reads the article text block into a buffer, created a new Article instance and delegates parsing article text to the Article. Problem: The marked line does not work as expected. Article>>readFrom: receives an argument referencing "an Article". Dont know why. One line above the debugger shows "article" as "anArticl...

Loooong distance IR detection, and IR collimation
Hi, Every body know about the IR remote controls that we use everyday for our TV, music set etc. They are short range, almost omni direction (due to reflections from almost any surface) controllers. Imagine that we have a tube/pipe of some sort with radius R, and lenth L. We have positioned the IR transmiter at the end of this tube and alligned it in such a way that its illimunation axis parallel to the tube so that the IR source can only be visible if the observer/receiver aligned with the tube/pipe. BUT the inner surface of the pipe/tube must be coating with an IR absorbi...

No IR
I went to Beam a program t'other day but my Zire 71 said that it couldn't find the VX 3 inches away. So I tried to beam a program from the VX to the Zire 71 and got the same deal. On both machines, I have been getting " Could Not Initialize Library" when trying to beam. Are the two problems related ? If I try to beam anything from the main launcher, nothing at all happens..that is, I tap on Beam, it shows me all the files, I select a file and press Beam and nothing at all happens..zilch..very odd. I have been told about No Notify resets. I've tried to hold the ...