IR Receiver

Hi,

I'm new to robotics and found a IR receiver. It has three posts on it. What
do these posts do? Thanks Michael

0
Himszy
1/16/2005 4:27:28 PM
comp.robotics.misc 7076 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Himszy" <michaelhimsAT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm new to robotics and found a IR receiver. It has three posts on
> it. What do these posts do? Thanks Michael

One is power (+5 or +3.3 usually), the other ground. The third will be
the recovered signal. Usually, it will be a low when an IR rcvr sees a
modulated stream at its base frequency (38kHz, 40KHz, etc.),and when it
is absent it output is high. But there's no guarantee without knowing
the specs of the particular device. Does it have a part number on it?

Here's a popular one you might look at for comparison

http://downloads.solarbotics.com/PDF/PNA4602_datasheet.pdf

--
Randy M. Dumse

Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.

0
Randy