IR Receiver

Hi,

I'm new to robotics and found a IR receiver. It has three posts on it. What
do these posts do? Thanks Michael

0
Himszy
1/16/2005 4:27:28 PM
comp.robotics.misc 7045 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Himszy" <michaelhimsAT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm new to robotics and found a IR receiver. It has three posts on
> it. What do these posts do? Thanks Michael

One is power (+5 or +3.3 usually), the other ground. The third will be
the recovered signal. Usually, it will be a low when an IR rcvr sees a
modulated stream at its base frequency (38kHz, 40KHz, etc.),and when it
is absent it output is high. But there's no guarantee without knowing
the specs of the particular device. Does it have a part number on it?

Here's a popular one you might look at for comparison

http://downloads.solarbotics.com/PDF/PNA4602_datasheet.pdf

--
Randy M. Dumse

Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.

0
Randy

IR
I have Palm PDA with IR transmitter that I want to use to control RCX (Lego Mindstorms micro-controler). The RCX also has an IR transmitter but it does not support IRDA. Is there a way to write a LabView&nbsp;program for my PDA that will be capable of using the IR port of the PDA to send information&nbsp;using not-IRDA types of IR (Home IR for example, like TV remotes)?&nbsp; Hi, If that doesn't work, you may want to look for the dll which will allow you communication with that port directly.&nbsp; Best Regards, AG ...

Re: Curly Telephone Receiver Cords Untangled
>> What is the trick to untangling a curly cord from the telephone >> receiver to the base? ... >> There is a particular movement that does untangles when a telephone >> receiver cord gets curled in upon itself. I actually studied one user whose cord was always tangled so tightly that she regularly had only about 6 inches of stretch left in it. The cause was this: the phone was on the left side of her desk, she would answer with her left hand, transfer the handset to her right hand to talk, then pass it back to the left hand to hang up. In that return to t...

Receive data, TCP / IP ???
Hi, I have a problem I don't even know where to start from to solve it. I have two computers, say A and B. A wants to send a raw file to B (let's say "data.csv"). B wants to receive this file in a Matlab Session, and store the contents of this file in cell-array "data". B uses the cell-array "data" to perform some operation and obtains a solution cell-array he wants to send back to A as a Raw file, say "solution.csv". Do you have any idea? I thought I could use a TCP/IP connection setting a listening port, but practically I don't know h...

IR communications
I have a Palm m130 that I'm incorporating into a portable laser measuring device. The Palm will record measurements in the field and later I want those measurements sent to the PC. The Palm is not easily removed from the device, so I wanted to use IR communications to the PC for sending the data. I'm using Visual Basic on the PC and VB/AppForge for the Palm. Originally, I assumed this would be easy since AppForge supports serial over IR with IrCOMM...but now, as I'm trying to do it, I see that Windows 2k has little/no support for IrCOMM. I've been looking for an IrDA add-on...

Receiving data via parallel port #2
Hello Dear Viwer I need to send and get data via parallel port.I could do the sending part(8 bits) . But when I read the data,the sent data by matlab is read instead of the sent data from the external world.Would you please help me with what is wrong with getting data? In the following m.file first I defined 8 pins of the port to be able to get data.S0 if I write 255 Decimal number ,All the pins will be 1. Then I closed this I/O port and defined anothe I/O to be readable port.But when I connect one of the pins to a logic 1 or 0 ,the logic will not be readable.Instead the privious data(Hear 11...

[News] Sugar (on Fedora GNU/Linux) Receives Great Review

not receiving embedded material
I know I've posted this problem before, but it's either still here or back again. I'm *repeatedly* getting the message "Could not open the file C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\eudxx.net/.......whatever..... for reading Cause: No such file or directory exists. (2) Yesterday I checked the embedded and attachment folders right after receiving an email with that message, and there was nothing in either folder for that email. In the email itself, where there should have been two pictures, there were only empty boxes. Marge On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:45:23 -05...

USB UIRT Infrared Receiver/Transmitter
has anyone written use of the subject hardware in Delphi? ...

IR between hp49g+ and HP48SX
-=[ Thursday, 2003-09-25 1:46 PM +1200 (NZT) ]=- Can anyone give me a pointer on how to send a user RPL program from the 49g+ to the 48SX via the infa red ports? I suspect I may have to install an XMODEM library on the 48SX first. Or, can the 49g+ do Kermit ? I can't find an "I/O" menu on the 49g+ where I could choose IR/Wired etc. TIA! -Tony #60 Advertisement: The most truthful part of a newspaper. Tony Hutchins <justth@csi.com> wrote in message news:<10958297ROBOTLX@news.cis.dfn.de>... > -=[ Thursday, 2003-09-25 1:46 PM +1200 (NZT) ]=- > >...

Receive buffer to MPI_Reduce
Hi, Does MPI_Reduce expect us to allocate memory to the receive buffer on processors other than the root node? Is something like this guaranteed to work: int* local_sum = (int*)calloc(sizeof(int), count); int* total_sum = 0; //processor 0 is the root node if (proc_id == 0) { total_sum = (int*)calloc(sizeof(int), count); } MPI_Reduce(local_sum, total_sum, count, MPI_INT, 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD); free(local_sum); if (proc_id == 0) { free(total_sum); } Hi, funceval wrote: > Hi, > > Does MPI_Reduce expect us to allocate memory to the receive buffer ...

ALTERNATIVE TO PALM TX // IR Tip
Hi... Having read of Paul's love-hate relationship with his Palm TX [with a lot of respect for Paul]... and not wanting to spend the bucks for the TX just now, I think I've found an alternative. This is a used T3 in great condition. It's got the same OS... Palm 0S 5.2.1 that's in my Zire 71, and this works quite well. I'm having a lot of fun doing email and a bit of Internet on the Palm with IR. Having Bluetooth as well, will be a boon to connectivity. Re: IR [infrared]: You can gain a bit of distance between the Palm device and your mobile phone, if the...

connecting 49g+ to 48g via ir
Hallo fellows i tried to connect the 2 calculators via ir but they don't link.Can someone tell me about if this is possible and how? Nicola Bertin wrote: > Hallo fellows > i tried to connect the 2 calculators via ir but they don't link.Can someone > tell me about if this is possible and how? they are incompatible. I heard it might be possible... but i doubt it xEaGLe wrote: > Nicola Bertin wrote: > >>Hallo fellows >>i tried to connect the 2 calculators via ir but they don't link.Can > > someone > >>tell me about if this is possible...

And just when we thought the IRS Phishing Scams were over ........
Despite the fact that the tax season is over and all the press on the IRS Phishing scam, the phishermen must think the IRS name is a good "lure." http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/06/and-just-when-we-thought-irs-phishing.html tedrichardson9925@sbcglobal.net wrote: > > Despite the fact that the tax season is over and all the press on the > IRS Phishing scam, the phishermen must think the IRS name is a good > "lure." > > <self serving link snipped> They WERE over until you dredged them up. Notan ...

Problem with unpacking a UDP Receive block correctly
I have a Simulink model that is receiving data from another Simulink model, via a UDP Receive block. Previously, I had had my system set up so that the 6 signals (all of type double) being passed between the 2 models each had its own UDP Send & Receive blocks in the respective models. But, I’m trying to neaten up my system, so I want to condense these 6 individual blocks into a single UDP Send and a single UDP Receive block, each of which handles a 6-dimensional signal. Converting the Send blocks wasn’t a problem (I just changed the pack block to have an input port data type of {‘doubl...

Unable to receive e-mail from particular domain
I'll be the first to admit comp.mail.sendmail is not the right place for this post, but I'm not sure where to go. I may be in over my head, but I'm not ready to shell out $100/hr (think small-to-med non-profit). I believe the problem is a network configuration (DNS, etc) issue as opposed to a mail server issue but would appreciate any input from you e-mail veterans out there. First, a little background: We've been running an Exchange 2003 (SP2) server behind NAT for some time. In December of '05, we acquired a netblock to support an additional server (Fedora Core ...

Remote control over ir
Hi, I have a Satellite 5100-501 that was not sold with in bundle remote controller as the 5100-503. I want to add, on my own, the remote control feature installing software as winlirc! The strange thing happening is the absolute absence of any signall from any remote controller to irda! Any idea? Do I need a special remote controller? thanks in advance F. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:35:49 GMT, "Filippo" <filippo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, I have a Satellite 5100-501 that was not sold with in bundle remote >controller as the 5100-503. > >I want to add, on my own, ...

OPTIMUM RECEIVER
IF ANYBODY HAS LINK FOR THE CODE OF OPTIMUM RECEIVER, PLEASE HELP ME. ...

IR remote control decoder IC
Is there an IC that takes the output from an IR receiver module (e.g. Vishay TSOP11xx) and decodes it, outputting the data bits via SPI/I2C? (signal format is RC5). I've Googled for a while and haven't found anything yet. I guess I could code up a small PIC to do the job, for instance, and that would be an interesting project, but unfortunately time is tight (familiar?!) and this is very much aside to the main work. So if there is an off-the-shelf solution, or one that came close, it would be very welcome. Many thanks, Jim "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in messa...

SPLINE interpolation on IR^3 ->IR^3
Hi, does anyone know how to achieve a spline interpolation on a IR^3 -> IR^3 function in MatLab? Thanks in adavance to anyone who can answer me. "N. Fazenda" <nuno.fazendacarrico@epfl.ch> wrote in message news:eecfda6.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know how to achieve a spline interpolation on a IR^3 > -> IR^3 function in > MatLab? > > Thanks in adavance to anyone who can answer me. help interp3 ...

how to have gawk receive user signals?
Hi there, Is there a way to have gawk respond to a user signal? I'd like to tell a gawk script to restart after logrotate does its thing and pulls a logfile out from under a log pretty-printer script. The gawk script is evoked by: # tail -f /var/log/messages | sf4sf -f /etc/sf4sf.conf And, in the main loop, there's: .... ########################### start main program ############################## !initialised { initialise(); ++initialised } # read database files .... So all I need to restart script is set 'initialised' to zero in response to ...

No IR
I went to Beam a program t'other day but my Zire 71 said that it couldn't find the VX 3 inches away. So I tried to beam a program from the VX to the Zire 71 and got the same deal. On both machines, I have been getting " Could Not Initialize Library" when trying to beam. Are the two problems related ? If I try to beam anything from the main launcher, nothing at all happens..that is, I tap on Beam, it shows me all the files, I select a file and press Beam and nothing at all happens..zilch..very odd. I have been told about No Notify resets. I've tried to hold the ...

Need help with IR Detector
Hi I'm 13 and a robotic newbie and need help with a PNA4602 - 38 Khz IR Detector that got from Solarbotics and I can't figure out how to use it. Can anyone tell me how these things work and what they are best for. -- kit These are quite standard 3-pin IR detectors. Most only differ on how the pins are connected. If you lay your IR detector down with the flat side on the table, the lens towards you and the pins down, then pin 1 is to the left. Connections are: pin 1 : output; pin 2 : GND; pin 3 : Vcc Hooking up is quite straight forward: Vcc is connected to 5V, GND conne...

receive xml

Vuescan, IR clean and FS4000us
After a long brake from scanning, I dowloaded Vuescan 7675. The IR clean function does not do anything. It has allways been Vuescans Achiles Heel, and it remains so untill today. Koumou On 4 Feb 2004 08:45:47 -0800, koumou@yahoo.com (koumou) wrote: >After a long brake from scanning, I dowloaded Vuescan 7675. The IR >clean function does not do anything. It has allways been Vuescans >Achiles Heel, and it remains so untill today. Works for me on the same scanner. It is almost perfect nowadays. Just only sometimes there is still a slight miss, and I found no pattern to it...

Program received signal SIG64 (Real-time event 64)
Ok finally got my app to compile and link. Under KDevelop it executes and comes up, however when I try to run in Debug mode under KDev, i get this popup that says: Program received signal SIG64 (Real-time event 64) with an OK button is this a unix signal that is caught? Any info on what this means? Im curious as to why it runs ok when I run it non-debug mode? Fedora Core 8, wxwidgets 2.6.8 On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:47:17 -0800 (PST) Jeff <jeep@rahul.net> wrote: J> Ok finally got my app to compile and link. Under KDevelop it executes J> and comes up, however when ...