A comparatively efficient software for embedding secret information bits into nataural language texts

Years ago in another forum I asked for software for comparatively
efficiently embedding secret informtion bits into natural language
texts, without however obtaining useful answers. I have just
implemented a scheme that should roughly satisfy my desired condition.
A Python code is available at:
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/9024439/1/.

For comments and critiques I should be very grateful.

M. K. Shen
0
Mok
12/4/2016 8:39:54 AM
comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

In article <o20koq$j6c$2@news.albasani.net>
Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:

> Years ago in another forum I asked for software for comparatively
> efficiently embedding secret informtion bits into natural language
> texts, without however obtaining useful answers. I have just
> implemented a scheme that should roughly satisfy my desired condition.
> A Python code is available at:
> http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/9024439/1/.
>
> For comments and critiques I should be very grateful.
>
> M. K. Shen

You do know that python is not the best platform for malware
construction, but your efforts are interesting. How larg is your
bot network (sorry, mine was there for an hour but only virtually)

0
Nomen
12/4/2016 4:41:16 PM
Am 04.12.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Nomen Nescio:
> In article <o20koq$j6c$2@news.albasani.net>
> Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:
>>

>> Years ago in another forum I asked for software for comparatively
>> efficiently embedding secret informtion bits into natural language
>> texts, without however obtaining useful answers. I have just
>> implemented a scheme that should roughly satisfy my desired condition.
>> A Python code is available at:
>> http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/9024439/1/.
>>
>> For comments and critiques I should be very grateful.
>>
>> M. K. Shen
>
> You do know that python is not the best platform for malware
> construction, but your efforts are interesting. How larg is your
> bot network (sorry, mine was there for an hour but only virtually)

Sorry that I don't understand you (your "malware construction").
Steganography is quite comparable IMHO to cryptography, though
comparatively difficult in my view to be done well. In sofar as doing
cryptography is basically not a sin for the normal people (of course
criminals could also employ encryption for their purposes), doing
steganography is also basically not a sin in my view. If you don't
agree, I would like very much to know some of your concrete arguments.

M. K. Shen

0
Mok
12/10/2016 6:41:43 PM
Am 10.12.2016 um 19:41 schrieb Mok-Kong Shen:
> Am 04.12.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Nomen Nescio:
>> In article <o20koq$j6c$2@news.albasani.net>
>> Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>

>>> Years ago in another forum I asked for software for comparatively
>>> efficiently embedding secret informtion bits into natural language
>>> texts, without however obtaining useful answers. I have just
>>> implemented a scheme that should roughly satisfy my desired condition.
>>> A Python code is available at:
>>> http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/9024439/1/.
>>>
>>> For comments and critiques I should be very grateful.

>> You do know that python is not the best platform for malware
>> construction, but your efforts are interesting. How larg is your
>> bot network (sorry, mine was there for an hour but only virtually)
>
> Sorry that I don't understand you (your "malware construction").
> Steganography is quite comparable IMHO to cryptography, though
> comparatively difficult in my view to be done well. In sofar as doing
> cryptography is basically not a sin for the normal people (of course
> criminals could also employ encryption for their purposes), doing
> steganography is also basically not a sin in my view. If you don't
> agree, I would like very much to know some of your concrete arguments.

[Addendum] I realize that I may have misunderstood you because I was
not accustomed to writing styles that are not frequently/commonly used.

Now (1) Python is in my view a good PL, better than a number of PLs
with which I have previously programmed quite a lot. It does have a
few issues of which a programmer should be careful so as not to
commit errors but otherwise it is very clear and expressive. Its
processing speed is surely not competitive to a number of other PLs
like C, because it is (commonly) interpreted. But, for purposes of
my targeted users, processing speed is a non-issue. (2) I did remark
in the software that a mighty adversary might be able to check
everything in the cover texts. However with due carefulness that could
be practically well avoided. (I mean the adversary may have the power
of a semi-god but not of a full god nevertheless.)

M. K. Shen
0
Mok
12/10/2016 8:57:47 PM
On Sun,  4 Dec 2016 17:41:16 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>In article <o20koq$j6c$2@news.albasani.net>
>Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:
>>

>> Years ago in another forum I asked for software for comparatively
>> efficiently embedding secret informtion bits into natural language
>> texts, without however obtaining useful answers. I have just
>> implemented a scheme that should roughly satisfy my desired condition.
>> A Python code is available at:
>> http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/9024439/1/.
>>
>> For comments and critiques I should be very grateful.
>>
>> M. K. Shen
>
>You do know that python is not the best platform for malware
>construction, but your efforts are interesting. How larg is your
>bot network (sorry, mine was there for an hour but only virtually)

	I can't find ANY malware in the code, though I don't code in
Python. Could you kindly point out the network related stuff ?
	TIA
	[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004