FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print

I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration
seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error
message, and no print.
What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Pierre
comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

Did you delete the original printer install, and re-install it, as a
networked printer?

Bill Crocker

"Pierre Feller" <pierre.feller@bluemail.ch> wrote in message
> I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration
> seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error
> message, and no print.
> What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help.
> Pierre

What I did:

- re-install printer driver
- switch on HP Laserjet 1005 before FR114P
- change parallel-cable
- there is a new menu in the firmware, not described in the manual,
you get it with: 192.168.0.1/techsup.htm . This enable you to print
directly from FR114P to the printer and to print with a special mode.
But in my case it didn't help: with each print order the printer
status change from ready to off-line.

I am looking now for the possibility to change the handshake-signal
from "ack and busy" to "busy" but where and how ?
The HP support informs that the HP Laserjet 1000 family works with a
hostbased driver and is not able to work as a network-printer ! ? This
restriction is new for me, what is your experience with what printer ?

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

"Print this", or, Printer-friendly function doesn't always print out everything
Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the 'complete' article, you will find that the inset "Tips to minimize mind-wandering" has not been printed out: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17690541 <aesthete8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1174525586.134887.103490@l75g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Concerning the article below, if you scroll to the bottom of the page > to the "Print this" icon and then click on it, when you print out the...

Printer doesn't print
I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat. What is wrong? Regards, -- Burkhard Schultheis Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim Email: schultheis@tde-online.de Phone: +49 7245 9287-21 >I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 > machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I ...

Printer sometimes doesn't print.
I have a user that I help out with computer issues and she states her printer randomly doesnt print. She has a DELL A920 All In One and running Windows XP Home. Here is what happens: 1) When printing - often in WordPerfect - the print job seems to be received because the Dell software print dialog status comes up. Then nothing happens. 2) If the users reboots the PC, sometimes the job prints. 3) Printer drivers have been reinstalled. 4) This is an Admin account. 5) Sometimes it prints fine in Notepad, Email, etc. This lead me to believe it was Wordperct, but a couple of times...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

If you haven't got a security policy, you haven't got a firewall.
Firewalls http://www.4terrorism.com/911/Firewall.htm "If you haven't got a security policy, you haven't got a firewall. Instead, you've got a thing that's sort of doing something, but you don't know what it's trying to do because no one has told you what it should do." - Marcus Ranum We hasve a listing of most firewals and a place to add a review. Help us build up our reviews: http://www.4terrorism.com/911/Firewall.htm Computer Security http://www.4terrorism.com/ComputerSecurity.htm Homeland Security:Intelligence and Security http://ww...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Printronics Printer
I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing here. Umm You could try this ... create a device for the printer CRTDEVPRT , you'll need some sort of driver if you F4 prompt on the MFRTYPMDL field, you'll get a list, you might have to pick a driver that the printer can emulate , since your Printronics 5000 might not be listed. Peter "IKNIR" <as400tip...

Separator Page For Network Printer Doesn't Print
have windows XP SP1 and HP LaserJet 8150. When trying to print with default separator page being used no separator page is being printed. As a matter of fact the BROWSE button is greyed out in the window where location of SEP file is being chosen. When printing to a second (local) printer the BROWSE button is enabled and separator page comes out just fine. Any tricks that i can use to force the separator page being printed when using the network printer. thanx a million for all the replies. ...

Tiger doesn't print well (various printers)
Hi I have printing problems since I upgraded to a G5/Tiger. My setup was working perfectly on the G4 under Panther: HP CP1700 via USB, HP driver HP DJ1120C and DJ 500 via GIMP-PRINT Now except for the DJ500 nothing is working correctly on the G5/Tiger (10.4.2). The CP1700 says it's processing the page, pulls a paper in, but nothing ever comes out while the computer says printing went ok. I tried the CP1700 using GIMP-PRINT, through my HP Print Server. The 1120C doesn't even pull in a paper but I get an error message from the Print Monitor 'imagetoprint unex...

Redhat 7.3 doesn't print to network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Epson USB printer doesn't work with D-Link print server
Is there a print server than will wok with OS 9.1, with a USB printer? And or, with a LaserWriter Select 360? -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture ...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Kyocera printer on two (2) IP OVMS 7.2-1 doesn't print.
Until now we've been able to print to a Kyocera printer queue initialized with the systartup_vms.com DCL command: $init/que/start/on=V99::"141...:9102"/proc=tcpip$telnetsym KYOCERA The print queue remains busy (doesn't print), after: 1)adding a second IP (10.60...) to the Alpha OpenVMS, 2)changing the Kyocera's address, gateway, etc to 10.60... 3)changing the DCL command to: $init/que/start/on=V99::"10.60...:9102"/proc=tcpip$telnetsym KYOCERA Rebooted the system after the changes. The HP4xxx DCPS Queues work fine after the IP change. Could I change the V9...

How to determine whether a file doesn't exist or doesn't have enough permissions
Hello everone, I am stuck in determining whether a file does not exist or does not have enough permissions so that access to this file is denied?". I am using java.io.File.exists() or java.io.File.canRead() methods to check this but both of them just return false in both above mentioned cases. In the documentation however its mentioned that these method throw SecurityException - If a security manager exists and its SecurityManager.checkRead(java.lang.String) method denies read access to the file. But then problem is to write a security manager which denies read access if the file does not...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

iproute2 fwmark doesn't work (or iptables --set-mark doesn't)
Hi, I just subscribed this group. Hello everyone! I have a problem with setting up routing. In short, I want to mark certain packets with iptables and then catch these marks with iproute2. However Linux seems to ignore these marks. I have a 3.11.4 kernel with CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER and CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES set. Here's my setup: - eth0: LAN - IP 192.168.0.1, netmask /24 - It connects to the LAN - eth1: WAN - IP 192.168.1.180, netmask /24, gateway 192.168.1.1 - It connects to the Internet - tap0: VPN (created with OpenVPN) - Local IP 172.24.25.4, remote IP (and gateway) 172.24.25.2, netmask /24 I want to pass certain traffic through 192.168.1.1 (eth1) and certain through 172.24.25.2 (tap0) - local traffic as well as routed traffic. Rules will be somewhat complicated (for locally-generated traffic and routed traffic), now just let's assume that I want to mark all packets to go through 192.168.1.1. I have added two new routing tables to /etc/iproute2/rt_tables: #v+ 2 vpn 3 wan #v- I've created two of them, so the main table will not have a default gateway. This way I can avoid errors - if I make a mistake and traffic goes through the main table, it won't get out. Tables are then populated: #v+ ip route flush table main ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 dev eth0 table main ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 dev eth1 table main ip route add 172.24.25.0/24 dev tap0 table main ip route flush table...

why the printer does't print my first requested printing task?
I 'm using web printer to print my result(graphs), I used a loop to run the program 5 times, but whenever I run the program, my first printing request is not carried out by the printer. It seemd that the printer did not respond to my first request. So I have to re-run the program one more time to get that missed "printing". and now it works. I don't know what is the real cause of this. ...

I don't see why the pipe program doesn't show up on ps when it 'hangs'
I commented out the waitpid() in the following pipe program.. [cdalten@localhost oakland]$ more pip3.c #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { pid_t pid; char line[BUFSIZ]; int fd[2]; char string[] = "hello world\n"; ssize_t n; if (pipe(fd) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "pipe error\n"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } if ((pid=fork()) < 0) { fprintf(stderr, "fork error\n"); } else if (pid > 0) { close(fd[0]); printf(&qu...

PS3: doesn't come with Linux, doesn't even run Linux by default
What other cola claims have been dashed by reality? In fact, you can install on the PS3 any OS that's been designed for it. I don't expect MS to port Vista, but you never know... http://www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/faq.html Q. What types of "Other OSs" can be installed? A. You can install any system software that is designed to run on PLAYSTATION´┐Ż3. Unfortunately we cannot provide you with specific information about what types of "Other OSs" are available because "Other OS" and the boot loader programs are produced and distributed by third-par...

Graphics Printing Oddity (some displayed stuff doesn't print)
I'm assembling 4 plots into a single (two-part) plot using the following structure: plot1 := Module[{}, DisplayTogether[ Plot[---], Plot[---], Epilog -> Text[---], PlotLabel -> "---"], DisplayFunction->Identity]; plot2 := Module[{}, DisplayTogether[ Plot[---], Plot[---], Epilog -> Text[---], PlotLabel -> "---"]]; DisplayFunction->Identi...

when an inline function doesn't inline, why doesn't compile give warning for multiple definition
hi, suppose i have the following files: one.cpp ---------------------------------------------- #include <iostream> using namespace std::cout inline void g(void) { cout<<"One cpp\n"; } void f(void); int main(void) { f(); g(); return 0; } ---------------------------------------------------- two.cpp ---------------------------------------------------- #include <iostream> using namespace std::cout inline void g(void) { cout<<"two cpp\n"; } void f(void) { cout<<"F of two cpp\n"; g(); } ------------------------------------...

Jeff Doesn't Like Pizza; Jeff Doesn't Like In-House Working Peripherals
Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. Jeff can't order a delicious pizza from the Web. He won't call the Geek Squad to fix his broken trackball. Meanwhile, Linux service explodes with In-Home Fixit People. Get these People to Fix the Track Ball ! Jeff (!) begin Steve Zissou (JBailo) nymshifted: > > Jeff sits in a tangle of trackball wires. > < snip > Fine, JBailo. So this idiot has felt the need to be mentioned again. You, in your infinite idiocy, naturally did his wishes. Idiot -- Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall. Hi ...

Detecting Mac OS X (When feature detection doesn't work?)
Hi, I don't know if there is a way to feature detect for this or not. I have a list and the user can click on items to select. I would like that they can command-click on Mac or control-click on other OS to multiple select. This matches normal file system behavior. I found this example which doesn't seem to work in Opera on Mac: the mac variable will be false. var mac = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac")!==-1) ? true : false; if (mac && e.metaKey) || (!mac && e.ctrlKey) { // do multiple selection } So is there a way to feature detect for what I'm d...

Web resources about - FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print - comp.security.firewalls