how to get rid of this

I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.

I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
have the same Internet service.

I used to have DSL.

I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.

About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
configuartion.

A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
Network Password" with the folling info:

Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
Password:

I can't closed this window not cancel.  What do I need to do?

I believe all my posrts inclduing smtp is blocked properly. Thanks.
comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in

> I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.
>
> I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
> have the same Internet service.
>
> I used to have DSL.
>
> I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
> before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
> running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.
>
> About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
> configuartion.
>
> A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
> Network Password" with the folling info:
>
> Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
> User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
> Password:

Are you using some kind of yahoo smtp email service that requires a
username and password? Maybe, some software on the machine that supplies
the information has changed.

Duane :)
0
notme13 (2648)
2/23/2004 5:17:55 AM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:17:55 GMT, Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com>
wrote:

>heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in
>
>> I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.
>>
>> I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
>> have the same Internet service.
>>
>> I used to have DSL.
>>
>> I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
>> before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
>> running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.
>>
>> About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
>> configuartion.
>>
>> A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
>> Network Password" with the folling info:
>>
>> Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
>> User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
>> Password:

    I have dsl with sbc. All that software has to uninstalled in a
certain order to get it all out. That may be the problem.

Tom

0
not32 (1022)
2/23/2004 5:50:14 AM
Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9497ED01D6BCdarnold92insightbbco@63.240.76.16>...
> heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in
>
> > I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.
> >
> > I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
> > have the same Internet service.
> >
> > I used to have DSL.
> >
> > I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
> > before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
> > running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.
> >
> > About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
> > configuartion.
> >
> > A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
> > Network Password" with the folling info:
> >
> > Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
> > User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
> > Password:
>
> Are you using some kind of yahoo smtp email service that requires a
> username and password?

All my email accounts are yahoo accounts which I log on to at
http://www.mail.yahoo.com.

>Maybe, some software on the machine that supplies
> the information has changed.

You eman. with the new configuration by the comcast tech? Then why
didn't this start happening immediately?

> Duane :)

Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005
Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security programs 2005 - Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Multi CD NR 17 543 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Base Module Multi CD NR 17 544 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Multi CD NR 17 545 Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005 CD NR 17 234 Symantec Client Security Corporate Edition v2.0 CD NR 15 321 Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 4.0 CD NR 13 364 Steganos Internet Security 7 CD NR 16 968 McAfee Internet Security Suite V7.0 2005 CD NR 16 727 Security Service (c) McAfee CD NR 11 362 Symantec Norton Internet Security v3.0 For Mac OSX CD NR 12 698 Microsoft Windows XP SP2, With Advanced Security Technologies. CD NR 16 244 PANDA PLATINUM INTERNET SECURITY V8.05 SUB100 CD NR 16 096 Panda Platinum Internet SEcurity *Englsih-Spanish* 14 184 IBM Tivoli Security Manager v5.1 (c) IBM CD NR 15 750 Finjan Vital Securit...

[...]

pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005
pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp programs 2005 - PGP.CommandLine.for.Linux.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.for.Solaris.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.v8.5.0 (week 31/2004) PGP.Desktop.v8.1.for.Windows PGP.Personal.Desktop.v8.1.for.Macintosh (week 26/2004) PGP.Enterprise.v8.0.3 (week 49/20030 PGP.v8.0.3 (week 42/2003) 15/...

pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005
pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp programs 2005 - PGP.CommandLine.for.Linux.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.for.Solaris.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.v8.5.0 (week 31/2004) PGP.Desktop.v8.1.for.Windows PGP.Personal.Desktop.v8.1.for.Macintosh (week 26/2004) PGP.Enterprise.v8.0.3 (week 49/20030 PGP.v8.0.3 (week 42/2003) 15/...

Ok how do i get rid of security package
I was one of the idiots who did fall for it. So how do I get rid of it. Non of my antivirus software will function, Kernel32 error. I have celared my address book and am only going to spend a limited time on line until i know how to cure it. Thanks for any help. http://www.fsecure.fi/v-descs/swen.shtml - Hank "Tim" <tim.crooks@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:bkq67u$c8a$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > I was one of the idiots who did fall for it. > > So how do I get rid of it. > > Non of my antivirus software will function, Kernel3...

Getting rid of need to key security pin to open iPad
A friend's iPad can't open without a few digit pin number being entered. Bloody nuisance, needs to be done every single time the cover is closed and opened! Is there a way to be rid of it without upsetting anything else like her email details etc? -- dorayme In message <lg9csp$lf$1@dont-email.me> Zack Sten <stenzack@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > On 3/18/2014 5:33 AM, dorayme wrote: >> A friend's iPad can't open without a few digit pin number being >> entered. Bloody nuisance, needs to be done every single time the cover >> is c...

Win XP SP2: How do you get rid of that ANNOYING "Security Center?"
I've recently installed WinXP SP2, and it has some annoying-ass little "Security Center" that sits in your taskbar that periodically tells you what a risk you're taking by not enabling automatic updates. These little pop ups occur all the time, usually in the middle of a game of IL2, causing all sorts of problems. How the heck to I disable this thing? You can access the Security Center via Start --> Control Panel You may enjoy the following: http://channels.lockergnome.com/windows/videotips/14/ or Google: XP Security Center -- ....Carl Frisk Anger...

Security check on firewall and workstations behind the firewall
Hi, What procedures should be carried out to thoroughly check security on a network comprised of one Windows 2000 Server running the CHX-I packet filter from http://www.idrci.net (and also configured to do NAT and share an internet connection) and several Windows 2000 Professional workstations ? It's two things that I have to analyze: 1) Security on the server itself, and 2) (In)accessibility to internal workstations from the public Internet. E-mail and web surfing are the only Internet services -so to say- they are allowed to do. I would like to know what is the standard procedure to carry out such checks, I mean, what tests should be done and what software tools (from Microsoft or third parties) for security analysis/audit should be used. As an additional note, the operating system on the server and workstations is automatically updated and Norton Antivirus (retail version on the workstations and Corporate Edition on the server) is installed. Thank you. Fernando Ronci E-mail: fernandoronci@hotmail.com ...

How secure is the security from my security form?
Hey, I have a question about how secure the following will be.... I want to have a login form that posts to itself, so when it loads it checks if there is a username and password on the query list. If there is not, it asks for one. If there is, it checks to see if the information is valid. If it is not valid, it deletes the attributes and calls itself again. If it is valid it sets a particular session variable to be some value and redirects to the next page. Every page from there on in will check to see if the session variable is set and if not will redirect back to the login page. Are ...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just...

gets gets
I'm a little surprised at this. In irb, I tried puts gets gets. Why? I don't know. but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! myString = gets gets puts myString On Mar 26, 2007, at 3:17 AM, John Joyce wrote: > I'm a little surprised at this. > In irb, I tried puts gets gets. > Why? I don't know. > but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! > myString = gets gets > puts myString It's not surprising at all. First, let's insert the parentheses so we can see it as Ruby does: puts(gets(gets())) Now we see th...

SECUR> Wireless content gets new security spec
From: NetHappenings Moderator Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:30:00 -0600 To: comp.internet.net-happenings Subject: SECUR> Wireless content gets new security spec ************************************************************** Net Happenings - From Educational CyberPlayGround ************************************************************** Wireless content gets new security spec The Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) has announced the Digital Rights Management 2.0 Enabler Release, a set of interoperability standards for protecting games, audio, and video content from piracy over wireless devices...

Should I get a firewall?
Should I get a firewall? I've been getting email letters in the past couple of days from a stranger who's complaining that she's getting unsolicited email from me. In one of her letters to me, she quoted one of the letters that was purportedly from me, which said: "Thanks for use of our software." But I didn't knowingly send her any email. Lately, I've gotten letters from strangers with the same heading and an attachment with each letter. I wonder if a firewall would protect my computer, too, from bombardment of junk email. Tony W. <not@my-real-email-ad...

Security
I've been doing some investigation into a little problem with privileges. And this is what I have found. If you want to access an Informix database via ODBC and your normal login and password are restricted then set up your odbc connection with no user name and password and you can do anything. This is what I did to prove it. 1. I created a new database called security. 2. I added two tables - opentab and securetab 3. I revoked all permissions on securetab from public 4. I granted connect to public. 5. From MS-Access I set up a new database 6. I used "link-tables" to add a new odbc connection with no username or password, and to link both tables. 7. I could SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE from both tables. 8. I then deleted both tables from my access database. and used control panel to remove the odbc connection. 9. I then repeated steps 5-7 but with a valid username and password. 10. I couldn't access the securetab. So, using a username and password is secure but not using a username and password gives full access. Can anybody spot anything wrong in my reasoning? BTW I have done this on IDS 9.4, running on AIX 5.2, and I was running Windows XP with MS-Access 2002 SP3, and Informix-Client SDK version 2.81 regards Malcolm mweallans@panacea.co.uk wrote: > I've been doing some investigation into a little problem with > privileges. And this is what I have found. > > If you want to acces...

Getting rid of
I am playing a little bit with libturpial. I got a few warnings. Most I could get rid of, but one I still get, while I have done what is said in the reference of the warning. Example code: #!/usr/bin/env python import certifi import urllib3 import urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl from libturpial.api.core import Core urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl.inject_into_urllib3() http = urllib3.PoolManager( cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', # Force certificate check. ca_certs=certifi.where(), # Path to the Certifi bundle. ) ...

How do I get rid of these
Running 10.6.7. On my top finder window, about one third of the items under places are dead and will not highlight. The only thing that I can do with them is move them with a click and drag. The trash will not highlight if I drag them to it. How do I get rid of them? -- During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>, pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote: > Running 10.6.7. On my top finder window, about one third of the items > under places are dead and...

Getting rid of warnings
I am trying to get rid of a few annoying warnings in my project - I have got rid of most of them but a few remain which I cant seem to get rid of. The first one is while using FD_SET/FD_CLR for adding and clearing sockets. I get the warning: warning C4127: conditional expression is constant The other one is using SetWindowLongPtr. I did have two warnings for this but managed to cast the result to get rid of one warning. I cant get rid of the last warning though. My code is: mOldWndProc = (WNDPROC)(long long)SetWindowLongPtr(mHwnd, GWLP_WNDPROC, (LONG_PTR)SkinWndProc); ...

got to get rid of ...
got to get rid of an A4000 - anyone want it? just postage costs required. Otherwise - skip! -- Chris de Cordova A grenade thrown into a French kitchen would result in Linoleum Blownapart. On Dec 27, 7:45=A0pm, Chris <decord...@ukgateway.net> wrote: > got to get rid of an A4000 - anyone want it? just postage costs > required. > > Otherwise - skip! > > -- > Chris de Cordova > > A grenade thrown into a French kitchen would result in Linoleum Blownapar= t. What would it cost to Nottingham UK? Is it working or for spares? Thanks Andy ...

Getting rid of Altboot
Hello QNX Community, I was trying to increase the boot time for my system and I was wondering how I could (or if I am able to) remove the "Hit ESC for Altboot" message so that it will just boot up straight away? Also, is there any other tricks to speeding up the boot time? Thanks in advance, Phil Phil <felipe.marcelino@sippican.com> wrote: > Hello QNX Community, > > I was trying to increase the boot time for my system and I was wondering how > I could (or if I am able to) remove the "Hit ESC for Altboot" message so > that it will...

How to get rid of assert here?
Hello there, Suppose I have the code pred(L1, L2):- forall( (member(M1, L1), member(M2, L2), M2=M1), myAssert(M)). myAssert(M):- assert(foo(M)). Now I want to change myAssert not to use assert/1: myAssert(M, LIn, LOut):- LOut = [foo(M) | LIn]. but how can I change pred/2 accordingly? Thanks :-) -- Best Regards, Maurizio Colucci Please remove the uppercase letters "S,P,A,M": seSgPuAsMo.forever@tin.it seguso wrote: > Hello there, > > Suppose I have the code > > pred(L1, L2):- > forall( (member(M1, L1), member(M2, L2), M2=M1), > ...

Getting rid of my C160
I am cleaning out my study, and one of the machines I've not used in years is my C160. I'm loath to throw it away, so if there is someone who wants to come and fetch it (or pay for shipping - PayPal is OK) within a reasonable timeframe, I'd be happy to give it away. Off-topic but it might be interesting for collectors (which I have ceased to be :(, I've also got an sgi Octane, a DEC PWS 500au, an IBM PowerServer 340 (32MHz) and a Sun Ultra 60 that are looking for a new home. I'll hold on to my venerable Cromemco C10 (Z80/CPM) even though the 5.25" floppies have died a...

Get rid of toolbar
I installed Acrobat 8.0. It has installed toolbars in all my office programs. I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go. I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document. The people in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution. Anyone over here? If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality PDFs. I don't want any of the fancy collaborations. All I want is to make a PDF that looks like my document. Linda Edmondson wrote: > I installed Acrobat 8.0. It has installed toolbars in all my office > programs. I don't mind the menu additions, but those toolbars have to go. > I can close them, but they pop back up with the next document. The people > in the Office group don't seem to have any resolution. Anyone over here? > > If not, are there any viable alternatives to Adobe for making quality PDFs. > I don't want any of the fancy collaborations. All I want is to make a PDF > that looks like my document. You weren't given an option when you installed the software? They're really something, aren't they? Try news://adobeforums.com/adobe.acrobat.windows in your newsreader. Or http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbeda8b/ on the web. "Linda Edmondson" <ldereg@earthlink.net> wrote: >I installed Acrobat 8.0. It has installed toolbars in all my office >programs. I don't mind the menu additions, but ...

getting rid of ubuntu
hi all my machine is running ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) and i hate it. can anybody tell me how to get rid of it? i found some instructions online but they start with entering a command at the dos prompt and ubuntu won't let me see that. any help will be very much appreciated. peace stm On 2007-11-27, Sean McIlroy <sean_mcilroy@yahoo.com> wrote: > hi all > > my machine is running ubuntu (hoary hedgehog) and i hate it. can > anybody tell me how to get rid of it? i found some instructions online > but they start with entering a command at the dos prompt and ubuntu > wo...

Web resources about - how to get rid of this - comp.security.firewalls

Did Neil deGrasse Tyson Just Support Donald Trump? Not Really
Neil deGrasse Tyson has started a Twitter firestorm yet again — this time, with a tweet that some have read as support of Donald Trump. In just ...

1 Killed; 2 Others Presumed Dead in NY Tugboat Crash
A search for two missing crew members of a tugboat that crashed into a barge and sank in the Hudson River has stretched into another day

Iraqi Official: Chemical Attacks By Islamic State Kills Child, Leaves 600 Wounded
The Islamic State has reportedly started using chemical weapons against the people of Iraq . According to a report by the Los Angeles Times , ...

What Time Is The End of The Daylight?
What time is the end of the daylight? The sun is expected to die in roughly 5 billion years. But humans—provided we survive any number of ecological, ...

Software Wins Go Match: Google’s Deepmind AI Beats Grandmaster
Artificial intelligence software has been taken to the next level after Google’s Deepmind AI software won a best out of five Go match against ...

Kids’ Choice Awards 2016 Hosted By Blake Shelton, Complete List Of Winners
The 2016 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards were hosted by Blake Shelton, who had some very special visitors during his opening sketch. While prepping ...

South Alabama prison on lockdown after unrest
A southern Alabama prison is on lockdown after violence erupts Friday night.

Justin Bieber’s world tour shirts have an embarrassing typo
Bieber’s team has recalled the shirts in question, and anyone who bought one can exchange it for a corrected shirt.

Unusually widespread flooding across Louisiana, Mississippi
CBS News Unusually widespread flooding across Louisiana, Mississippi News & Observer A Mississippi Department of Transportation worker walks ...

Kanye West Vows To Release Three Albums This Year – Avoiding Kim Kardashian Divorce Drama?
Kanye West must want to live in his studio indefinitely. The controversial rapper announced that he has two more albums planned for 2016 and ...