ip 0.0.0.0 is attempting to ....

NIS2004 told me a remote computer at ip 0.0.0.0 is trying to access my
computer, and asked if it should allow it.  I'm thinking that is probably
just the dsl modem and I should allow it.  Can anyone confirm or instruct?

comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

"Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS_adamrussell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<bro2a6$5lbqu$1@ID-122512.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> NIS2004 told me a remote computer at ip 0.0.0.0 is trying to access my
> computer, and asked if it should allow it.  I'm thinking that is probably
> just the dsl modem and I should allow it.  Can anyone confirm or instruct?

So is this the wrong newsgroup, or does no one know the answer?
On 18-Dec-2003, adamrussell@sbcglobal.net (Adam Russell) wrote:

> "Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS_adamrussell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > NIS2004 told me a remote computer at ip 0.0.0.0 is trying to access my
> > computer, and asked if it should allow it.  I'm thinking that is
> > probably
> > just the dsl modem and I should allow it.  Can anyone confirm or
> > instruct?
>
> So is this the wrong newsgroup, or does no one know the answer?

I do not know NIS2004, but the rule of thumb that makes the most sense to me
is:
When in doubt, block it.
If things (access) still work then you are good, if it don't work, then you
try allowing it.
0
par1 (6)