M. K. Shen
0
Mok
5/29/2016 9:04:14 PM
comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

On 2016-05-29, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:

> See my Post http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/7548351/1/

For those interested. If you do not want your phone tracked:
a) remove the battery.
b) wrap the phone in tin foil
c) move the phone out of the room
4) Wrap your head in tin foil, since they can read your brain waves.

(Well one of the above may be an addition to his post.)

> M. K. Shen
0
William
5/29/2016 9:18:28 PM
In article <nifmb4$kna$1@dont-email.me>
William Unruh <unruh@invalid.ca> wrote:

> On 2016-05-29, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:
> >
> > See my Post http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/7548351/1/
>
> For those interested. If you do not want your phone tracked:
> a) remove the battery.
> b) wrap the phone in tin foil
> c) move the phone out of the room
> 4) Wrap your head in tin foil, since they can read your brain waves.

5) Recharge your phone battery for 3 minutes in a microwave.

0
Nomen
5/29/2016 9:57:06 PM
[Addendum:] I just found that "Faraday bags" are on offer at
Amazon.

M. K. Shen
0
Mok
5/30/2016 10:17:58 PM
On 2016-05-30, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:

> [Addendum:] I just found that "Faraday bags" are on offer at
> Amazon.

Yes, they are for police etc preserving evidence to make sure that data
cannot be altered.
Of course the paranoid could also buy them-- or make them much more
cheaply.

> M. K. Shen
0
William
5/30/2016 10:24:58 PM
In a different Usenet Group there was also a comment questioning
the rationale of the protection. My answer was that e.g. the
location of the CEO of a large company, if that could be obtained
from the location of his mobile phone, could under circumstances
be a valuable information for the rival companies. Certainly, only
a fairly small percentage of the whole of mobile phone users would
need protection from tracking. But that there are some civilian
persons who do sometimes need such protection seems to be entirely
clear.

M. K. Shen

0
Mok
5/30/2016 10:53:25 PM
As I wrote my OP, I unfortunately didn't know that one can
very easily and cheaply (13 Euro) obtain a Faraday bag. Thus
in case of need the standard solution is evidently to simply
use such a bag.

M. K. Shen
0
Mok
5/31/2016 8:59:30 PM
On Sun, 29 May 2016 23:57:06 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
<nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>In article <nifmb4$kna$1@dont-email.me>
>William Unruh <unruh@invalid.ca> wrote:
>>
>> On 2016-05-29, Mok-Kong Shen <mok-kong.shen@t-online.de> wrote:
>> >
>> > See my Post http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/7548351/1/
>>
>> For those interested. If you do not want your phone tracked:
>> a) remove the battery.
>> b) wrap the phone in tin foil
>> c) move the phone out of the room
>> 4) Wrap your head in tin foil, since they can read your brain waves.
>>

>5) Recharge your phone battery for 3 minutes in a microwave.

;O)
--
Hom�opathie ist nichts als H�tchenspielerbetrug und organisierte Kriminalit�t
http://ariplex.com/folia/archives/565.htm http://ariplex.com/folia/archives/570.htm