need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe
file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp.
i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will
be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files?

--
wewet
wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

Help needed:Turning internal IDE drive into external USB drive
Hi guys, I need a little advice please. (Apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong place.) I was shopping for an external storage device on Ebay,and I accidentally bought an internal drive instead.(Dopey me realised my mistake 5 seconds after I bid,& alas no one out bid me.As I don't want an unpaid strike,I had to buy the damn thing.) I was going to sell it back on Ebay after it arrives,but a little reading revealed to me that you can turn an internal drive into a USB external drive with a 3.5" hard drive case enclosure. So I ask,can I convert the following: S...

External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives
I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is NTFS, and has two partitions). How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? Thanks <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164540238.912622.152430@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the > problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a > Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to > an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no > drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is > NTFS, and has two partitions). > > How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? > > Thanks aribloch: These USB external HDD non-recognition problems in the XP environment have been a source of continuing irritation (not to say aggravation) to many of us. For what it's worth we've put together a kind of checklist for troubleshooting this kind of problem which I've listed below. But before getting to them you might want to try the following... I'm assuming your reference ...

Toshiba 3500 Tablet, Redhat 9 and external USB drives (CDROM & Maxtor Toshiba 3500 Tablet, Redhat 9 and external USB drives (CDROM & MaxtorOne-Touch harddrive)
I'm running Redhat 9 linux on my Toshiba 3500 tablet. Besides the fact that the IR , MM/SD, and the digitizer/pen aren't working, now the laptop will drop the usb connection after a couple minutes of reading files from it. Attempting to remount the partitition (after a umount) results in an invalid device error. The error is repeated whether I use kernel 2.4.20-8, 2.4.20-27.9, 2.4.20-28.9, or a custom kernel. Any suggestions? dmesg excerpts follow. Lin...

Files & Folders lost after installing 180GB drive to non-compliant m/b. Poss. to recover files/folders?
I had an almost full 180GB drive on installed on a PCI IDE card that could handle a drive of that size. It was formatted as a single large partition. A couple of days ago, forgetting about the 137GB limit on my older motherboard bios I plugged the 180GB drive into it. After no obvious objection from the PC and happened to notice a bunch of files missing on my 180GB drive. I ran chkdsk (without the /f) but noticed no change. No writes have been made to the 180GB drive. I then put the drive back on the PCI IDE controller and whilst it now behaves more normally many of the files and ...

How To Reformat an External USB Drive (Firelite XPress Portable USB Hard Drive, 60 GB)
Apparently this drive comes formatted with the VFAT file system. Does anyone know how I could reformat it with ext3? -- % Randy Yates % "I met someone who looks alot like you, %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % she does the things you do, %%% 919-577-9882 % but she is an IBM." %%%% <yates@ieee.org> % 'Yours Truly, 2095', *Time*, ELO http://www.digitalsignallabs.com On 26 Oct 2007 at 13:03, Randy Yates wrote: > Apparently this drive comes formatted with the VFAT file system. Does &g...

Large file corruption using external USB drive
I'm having problems with my newly bought Xcraft RX-3HU USB2 enclosure. I fitted a new Seagate 250GB Ultra ATA100 hard drive (ST 3250820A). My system runs WinXP SP2 and the USB2 is integral to the motherboard. On boot XP sees the drive fine. I fdisked and formated the drive (NTFS). I can copy files to and from the drive. The problem occurs when I copy large files over. I used the included P&G software at first but wanted more flexibility so used Ghost V9 (and 10) and also tried Acronis True Image (V9). Both failed on backup saying the backup on the Xcraft USB drive was co...

Treo 650
I frequently carry files I've copied from my laptop on a USB thumb drive or on a mobile USB hard disk, and when I'm away from my desk, find I'd like to access them with, say, FileZ on the Treo 650. I know that the cabling would be a kluge: you'd need a Seidio USB adapter PLUS a Female-Female USB adapter. Is this at all feasible? It would be simpler to just buy a small SD card reader. That way you can make the SD card USB compatible. Palm sells a nice small card reader. Regards, Doug To clarify my intent, for example, I have my whole music and video co...

Help- Recovering overwritten files on USB Thumb Drive?
I had an unfortunate mishap the other night on my XP machine, and accidentally overwrote some important files (mostly .txt, .doc, and ..xls files) on my 64mb USB Thumb Drive. My attempts at file recovery (RecoverNT, Search and Recover, File Rescue Plus, Active Undelete, eImage, PC Inspector Smart Recovery, etc) have, at best, correctly identified the overwritten file names, but recovered garbage. While I&#8217;ve found many freeware flash picture recovery programs, I haven&#8217;t found anything that correctly restores overwritten non-media files. Does anyone have any suggestion on how...

Solaris10 Update 10: Unable to copy large file from external hard drive to system disk drive
All, I am unable to copy a large file from my seagate external hard drive(NTFS) to user directory on my Solaris10U10 system. However, I am able to copy a small file say 2GB without a hitch. Please let me know how do I overcome the limitation (if any of OS or NTFS) of copying large size file on this system? The file I am trying to copy is of 14 GB and I can't split the file as this is a virtual box based ova image file. Thanks in advance for all your help. On 10/ 6/12 09:02 PM, pariti wrote: > All, > > I am unable to copy a large file from my seagate external hard &g...

Internal Jaz drive to External Portable drive? Help!!
Hi all, I have a 1 gig Jaz drive that I was hoping to turn into a external portable drive. So I went and bought a Jaz traveler that does nothing for me since it is designed for the external drive. Is there any way to make this drive portable to connect to the parallel port or other wise? Thanks, Scott.. ...

need some help partitioning a large (250GB) usb external hard drive
Hi, I just purchased a 250GB usb external hard drive which I plan to use as a repository or sorts for my various computers. Predictably, it came with from the store with one huge vfat partition. Which is fine for GNU/Linux, but which FreeBSD cannot handle properly yet as FreeBSD has only experimental support of FAT filesystems bigger than 128GB. Since I am trying to learn FreeBSD I will need to have this drive read-writable by FreeBSD. I would also like to have it read-writable by any Windoze box. I therefore need to repartition it into several vfat partitions each smaller than 128GB. When I do fdisk /dev/sda1 here is the first message I get: The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 30400. There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024, and could in certain setups cause problems with: 1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO) 2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs (e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK) Command (m for help): while a prinout of this device gives me: Command (m for help): p Disk /dev/sda1: 250.0 GB, 250056705024 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 30400 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System Command (m for help): I first tried to simply create 3 new primary partitions with 'n' then using the first availale cylinder than doing +100GB for the size. All seemed ok until I did 'w' which gave me a...

Rsync always copies files to fat32 file system on USB drive
I have a USB thumb drive with many .mp3 files on it. I copy files from my Linux box to the USB drive (This also pertains to Unix too! <g>). The problem is that rsync always copies and replaces ALL files even though they haven't been changed. I'm guessing this is because you can't preserve file permissions on the files on the fat32 USB drive. Is there any way to handle copying only changed or added files to the USB drive? -Thanks On Sat, 10 May 2008 10:29:41 -0400, somebody wrote: > I have a USB thumb drive with many .mp3 files on it. I copy files from > my Linu...

Drive A Not Drive A??
Hi I just got an old IDE zip 100 drive. On the back, it's label for the jumpers is split into 2 boxes, labelled "Not Drive A" and "Drive A". Each box shows three different jumper settings for how to set the drive to slave/master/cable. So in other words, there's six jumper settings on the back. Three for "Drive A" - master/slave/cable and three for "Not Drive A" - master/slave/cable which are different. What does "Drive A" or "Not Drive A" mean? I don't know which jumper settings diagram is right... In arti...

External USB drives grab extra drive letters when installed
System: Windows 98SE with the Microsoft USB driver patch, internal drive partitioned to C, D, E Drives: Maxtor 120 mb USB 2.0 ADS 3.5 shell with two different 3.5" drives When either of these external units are connected during bootup, they grab both drive letter D (pushing my internal drive partitions down) and the "later" letter as specified in control panel. This naturally screws up all my software paths. So for example the Maxtor drive appears as both drive D and drive G. When disconnected, the intended drive letter disappears as expected but the D:...

drive to drive
if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? webwalker@68z28.com wrote: > if you plan to be your own manual raid, drive to drive copy, then is > there any advantage to pairing drive manufacturer & model? No. However there is the usual disadvantage, namely a higher probability of simultaneous failure. Arno -- Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno@wagner.name GnuPG: ID: 1E25338F FP: 0C30 5782 9D93 F785 E79C 0296 797F 6B50 1E25 338F ---- Cuddly UI...

Help mount external USB drive
Hi, I have the maxtox USB One-touch 250GB installed on /dev/sda1. I only can manual mount this filesystem and store data w/o a problem. But when have entry in /etc/fstab, the system cannot boot and complain "No such device or addressPossibly non-existent or wap device? while trying to open /dev/sda1" ...

Searching for drives and files on drives perl
I am trying to get this to work....it first uses FSUTIL to get the current drives, then what king of drives, they are, if they are read/ write drives I want to search for a specific file and delete it.. This is what I have so far.. open(FSUTIL,"fsutil fsinfo drives | "); while (<FSUTIL>) { $DRIVES=$_; } close(FSUTIL); chop $DRIVES; chop $DRIVES; $DRIVES=~ s/Drives://; #print "DRIVES:[$DRIVES]"; @drive=split(/\\/,$DRIVES); foreach $letter (@drive) { print "Searching drive:$letter\n"; open(FSUTIL,"fsutil fsinfo drivetype $letter|"); while (...

[help needed] usb-storage usb-cdrw drive
Hello people, i've been trying to get a LaCie usb cdrw to work but this is not working out smoothly. After reading some documentation on usb-storage i've updated my usbmgr.conf file with # Lacie Ltd. vendor 0x059f product 0xa602 module scsi_mod, sd_mod, sg, usb-storage during the bootprocess i get this returned : scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices usb-storage: host_reset() requested but not implemented after changing to having tried some variations in usbmgr.conf i now end up with this output in dmesg. scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices usb-st...

Help with calling external exe file with matlab, getting "can not open file:"
Hi all, I have a simple matlab script that creates the input file for an external programme, and then wanted hoped to call said programme; I keep getting the following message:"can not open file:" The script creates a file called input.txt which is read by GEV_Gumbel.exe. I need to run this a couple of hundred times so I really need to get it to work. I have tried the following ways to call the programme: eval(['!C:\GEV\GEV_Gumbel.exe']); and !C:\GEV\GEV_Gumbel.exe' I hope someone out there can help me here, either help with a different approach or point ...

Maxtor External USB 2.0 Drive 3000LE & Large Drives
I also have the USB2 Maxtor 3000LE external. My Windows XP machine can handle 300 gig drives... but when I try to put 1 in the 3000LE case... it only sees 137gig. Did you have to do anything special to get yours to work? Where did you see that chipset... and part #? I don't see anything that says "Cypress" on the board inside mine. Thanks. Original msg..... Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:43:15 -0500 Organization: MindSpring Enterprises Lines: 47 Message-ID: <912f5vssad7q158b98h0l7a64vll2ki58r@4ax.com> NNTP-Posting-Host: 42.a7.27.2f Mime-Version: 1...

mounting a USB drive (Re: mount usb drive)
i've described how i do this using an encrypted USB keydevice here: http://monkey.org/~jose/blog//viewpage.php?page=usb_confidential basically on my thinkpad it showed up as /dev/sd1i and as an MSDOS filesystem (normal USB key from a PC manufacturer). hope this helps, jose nazario, ph.d. co-author, "Secure Architectures with OpenBSD" ...

automounts vfat usb drives, but not ext2 usb drives
My powerpc embedded system automounts attached usb drvies with fat32 file systems, but does not automount attached usb drives with ext2 file systems. i checked fstab and there is the usbfs entry, but I didn't see an entry for vfat systems. I'm a bit lost as to where this configuration is. any suggestions? ...

are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives
i can hunt this down on websites but prefer to ask those who consistently provide good answers are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives for booting and running OS X (probably SL) from? what is the comparison of storage and usage life for flash vs. hard drives? Thanks, R.B. In article <4cfe5c52$0$23757$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>, rarebit <rarebit@wr.org> wrote: > are USB flash drives faster than USB hard drives for booting and running > OS X (probably SL) from? definitely not > what is the comparison of storage and usage life for flas...

Jump Drive/external drive
novice question, My external usb maxtor drive is dead. Why would I buy another when I can buy a jump drive? tina <freshairtraining@aol.com> wrote > novice question, > My external usb maxtor drive is dead. Why would > I buy another when I can buy a jump drive? The obvious difference is the size. An exernal USB drive is a lot bigger, and much cheaper per GB. No big deal if say you only need 2GB or something, but if you need say 200G for a full backup of the system, its much cheaper and much faster with a USB external drive. ...

Web resources about - need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file - comp.security.firewalls

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances where ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: 13,000mAh Battery Pack $25, iPhone 6/s cases from $1, WD 5TB External Hard Drive ...
... , more iPhone 6/s/Plus Accessories w/ Prime shipping: Dual-layer Cases from $3 (Reg. $8+) , Sport Armband $3.50 WD My Book 5TB USB 3.0 External ...

BuzzFeed Tries Out an External Banner Ad
... the NBCUniversal streaming comedy service Seeso, over the weekend. The digital media site has long favored custom-made native ads over external ...

ASUS Booth Tour at CES 2016: 10G Switches, External GPU Dock, USB-C Monitor and more
When ASUS emailed a couple of weeks before CES announcing that they had cancelled their press event for the show, we had a few question marks. ...

CleanMyDrive 2 for Mac makes cleaning external drives as easy as one click
... OS X 10.10 or later. It’s a free tool designed to help users monitor their hard drives and quickly clean unspecified junk files from external ...

Meet the sleek external battery your iPhone deserves
... packs, other companies in the market haven't broken stride. There is little question that Apple stands to steal a healthy chunk of external ...

Tencent to offer facial recognition technologies to external partners free of ...
Biometric Update Tencent to offer facial recognition technologies to external partners free of ... Biometric Update In an effort to improve ...

Crisis management: 70% internal, 30% external
... the importance of that early experience. Today when I talk with executives about crisis management, their focus is almost exclusively external. ...

CleanMyDrive 2 offers new tools to keep your external drives in top shape
Ever noticed how filled with digital flotsam and jetsam your Mac gets? It’s even worse with external hard drives, which tend to fill up with ...