port forwarding/ opening port

hi
i'm having P4 2.4 256MB RAM with Win XP SP-2 Pro installed.
i'm using 256 kbps connection using adsl2+ router SmartAX MT882 ADSL
Router from Huawei, china

its having NAT & built in firewall.,,, i'm also using Win XP Firewall
to protect my pc..

i want to know how to use port forwarding & how to open port on router
so that i can establish connection, also i didn't understand the UDP &
TCP, what is it all about?
i want to open port for radmin connection...

also, how to know that how much secure my pc is from internet... any
resource...

i have referred to router manual but i didn't find the information..

Thank you in advance
krunal jariwala

comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

jariwalakrunal@gmail.com wrote in news:1130958191.680401.263360
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> hi
> i'm having P4 2.4 256MB RAM with Win XP SP-2 Pro installed.
> i'm using 256 kbps connection using adsl2+ router SmartAX MT882 ADSL
> Router from Huawei, china
>
> its having NAT & built in firewall.,,, i'm also using Win XP Firewall
> to protect my pc..
>
> i want to know how to use port forwarding & how to open port on router
> so that i can establish connection, also i didn't understand the UDP &
> TCP, what is it all about?
> i want to open port for radmin connection...
>
> also, how to know that how much secure my pc is from internet... any
> resource...
>
> i have referred to router manual but i didn't find the information..

The router has a Website Support Knowledge Base and it has a Thec Support
person. I suggest you make contact with either one of them. As for
opening ports on the XP FW, there are plenty of articles out on Google.

Duane :)
0
notme13 (2648)
11/2/2005 7:28:11 PM
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/SmartAX-
MT882/default.htm

In article <1130958191.680401.263360@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
jariwalakrunal@gmail.com says...
> hi
> i'm having P4 2.4 256MB RAM with Win XP SP-2 Pro installed.
> i'm using 256 kbps connection using adsl2+ router SmartAX MT882 ADSL
> Router from Huawei, china
>
> its having NAT & built in firewall.,,, i'm also using Win XP Firewall
> to protect my pc..
>
> i want to know how to use port forwarding & how to open port on router
> so that i can establish connection, also i didn't understand the UDP &
> TCP, what is it all about?
> i want to open port for radmin connection...
>
> also, how to know that how much secure my pc is from internet... any
> resource...
>
> i have referred to router manual but i didn't find the information..
>
> Thank you in advance
> krunal jariwala

jariwalakrunal@gmail.com wrote:
> hi
> i'm having P4 2.4 256MB RAM with Win XP SP-2 Pro installed.
> i'm using 256 kbps connection using adsl2+ router SmartAX MT882 ADSL
> Router from Huawei, china
>
> its having NAT & built in firewall.,,, i'm also using Win XP Firewall
> to protect my pc..
>
> i want to know how to use port forwarding & how to open port on router
> so that i can establish connection,

>also i didn't understand the UDP &
> TCP, what is it all about?

if you want to know what it's about yo're going to be reading fat
books, and you probably won't make any practical use of the knowledge
unless you take it all even further.

all you need to know to set up port forwarding, is a)what port number
radmin server uses b)whether it is UDP or TCP.

Then you find the way to tell your router to open - say - port 1800
TCP.   You need to find the place to configure the router.

most home routers run web servers where you can configure them.
find the ip of your router.
go to command prompt   start..run..cmd <ENTER>
ipconfig /all
see where  it says Gateway, that is your Router, see the IP there.
Open a browser
http://routerip

and try  admin:admin for  user:pass

and try to configure it.  That may or may not work. the technique i
mentioned is general and works well. But there's a chance it may not
work for you. But you will see help for your specific router , as other
posters mentioned.

> i want to open port for radmin connection...
>
> also, how to know that how much secure my pc is from internet... any
> resource...

aside from paying somebody to try to break in.  just do an online port
scan. (google). AS long as a port is closed or 'shielded', it's fine.
If a port is open then you should set your firewall to restrict access.

> i have referred to router manual but i didn't find the information..

try contacting support on the manufacturer website. as soon as you get
the interface up to configire the router it sohuld be a lot easier. you
configure port forwarding from there, there's lots on google too about
that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite
See RFC 791, 792, 793, 768 http://www.rfc-editor.org

> i want to open port for radmin connection...

Do you mean RDP? This will be port 3389.

> also, how to know that how much secure my pc is from internet... any
> resource...

Not very secure after opening this port usually.

Yours,
VB.
--
"Ich bin ein freier Mensch und werde jetzt von meinen Freiheitsrechten
Gebrauch machen - und zwar ausgiebig - nat�rlich nur in dem Rahmen, den

Port Forwarding: Device:Port = Router:Port?
- Webcam's IP addr = 10.0.0.140, and it's set up to use port 8000 - Router's IP addr = 1.0.0.1, and it's port forwarding is set up to forward port 8000 to 10.0.140. - I can view the camera using 10.0.0.140:8000, no problem. The Question: Should I be able to view the camera using 10.0.0.1:8000? -- PeteCresswell On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:13:01 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote: > - Webcam's IP addr = 10.0.0.140, and it's set up to > use port 8000 > > - Router's IP addr = 1.0.0.1, and...

To Port Forward or Not To Port Forward
System: DP MDD G4, OS 10.4.9 Inet connection: DSL with static i.p.,Broadcom Gateway to Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router using DHCP, 1 computer connected via enet, 3 connected wirelessly, basic home use only Wireless security is very basic: Unique router name and pw, SSID disabled, and connections allowed by MAC addresses only, Linksys firewall is enabled with all the other features set to their defaults, Mac OS firewall is disabled I recently purchased a Logitec QuickCam Pro 5000 webcam that works just fine with iChat right out of the box. Learning how to use it I found some Apple docs and ot...

Ports for DB2 behind firewall / ssh port forward
hi newsgroup, I'd like to connect to a remote DB2 Database V 8.2 using the "DB2 Steuerzentrale" (I guess it's called something like "DB2 management console" in the English version). Since the database host is behind a firewall I tried to communicate through ssh port forwarding. Therefore, I run: ssh -L 6789:remotename:6789 -L 50000:remotename:50000 -L 50001:remotename:50001 -L 523:remotename:523 remotename Though the ssh connection is established, my "DB2 Steuerzentrale" won't connect to localhost successfully and shows an error num...

port forwarding for multiple ports
Hello, Is there any way to do a port forwarding (ssh -L localport:remotehost:remoteport) for a range of ports? If do not, can I do a port forwarding dinamically? (is there any application that do something like this?) Thanks, RFT. rodrigofteixeira@yahoo.com.br (RFT) writes: >Is there any way to do a port forwarding (ssh -L >localport:remotehost:remoteport) for a range of ports? Not readily that I'm aware. >If do not, can I do a port forwarding dinamically? (is there any >application that do something like this?) There's the -D command (which supports SOCKS right now). I've also hacked at the source to do more interesting things. It's certainly possible to do what you want with an unmodified SSH server. The trick is convincing a client to do it. I've been playing with Twisted.Conch to do this. --kyler In article <610789b8.0404261242.35824a3b@posting.google.com>, RFT <rodrigofteixeira@yahoo.com.br> wrote: >Is there any way to do a port forwarding (ssh -L >localport:remotehost:remoteport) for a range of ports? Use lots of "-L" command line options :-? >If do not, can I do a port forwarding dinamically? (is there any >application that do something like this?) It depends on what you mean by "dynamically". Some implementations (eg, PuTTY, OpenSSH, possibly others) have a "dynamic forward" option which implements a SOCKS server in the SSH client, so if you application understands...

Symantec 200R Firewall port forwarding remote desktop security
Hi, I have set up the 200R to allow a virtual server for port 3389 so that I can connect to our remote server using terminal services to the public Internet IP address. It all works OK but I have disabled it because of security reasons. Two questions:- Is there any way to tie down this access to my own PC or network? Can I make the port appear in Stealth mode rather than Open? Regards, Vic Vic Russell wrote: > Hi, > I have set up the 200R to allow a virtual server for port 3389 so that I > can connect to our remote server using terminal services to the public > Internet ...

Newbie Q: How to open ipchains firewall to forward ports to XBox Live
I am using a Linux box as a firewall between my cable modem and my home network. It's an older version of Redhat, using ipchains. I have successfully set ipchains to masquerade all my home traffic out to the net for web browsing, e-mail, etc. Now I want to add XBox Live to the mix. (Actually, I will need to do this on Christmas morning.) I have already opened up the firewall to the three ports I believe XBox Live needs: udp 88, udp 3074, and tcp 3074. The XBox still can't connect. I believe I need to forward packets on these ports from the internet to the XBox's private IP ...

What is the difference between local port forwarding (-L) and remote port forwarding (-R)
Hi! I need to do an SSH tunnel to encrypt the data sent between an agent and a the server. I'm able to establish a tunnel but there's something that I can't understand... What is the difference between the bit -L and the bit -R. I've read the man of SSH on Fedora. It's seems to be simple but in practice, I don't understand. Can somebody help me on this subject? Thanks a lot! Yann > What is the difference between the bit -L and the bit -R. -L forwards a port from the client to the server. -R forwards a port from the server to the client. -- To reply by email, replace "deadspam.com" by "alumni.utexas.net" In article <d73d6e32.0404262310.5dd662ed@posting.google.com>, Yann Laviolette <yann_laviolette@gnome.org> wrote: >What is the difference between the bit -L and the bit -R. I've read >the man of SSH on Fedora. It's seems to be simple but in practice, I >don't understand. Example: "ssh -L 2000:1.2.3.4:2000 server" is a "local" forward and will listen on the client (ie the machine you ssh'ed from) on port 2000. If something connects to the client on port 2000, a "channel" will be opened inside the SSH connection and the server will connect to 1.2.3.4 on port 2000. Any data sent or received will be forwarded over this channel. In contrast, "ssh -R 2000:1.2.3.4:2000 server" is a "remote" forward, which will cause the *server* to listen o...

ssh port forward
Hi, Im trying to set up ssh local port forward. But I dont know the ports to connect to on the remote machine beforehand. Is it possible to setup forward for a range of ports? thanks rc You can specify multiple ports to forward on the command line, or establish a VPN if you have the need for UDP. See: http://www.securitybulletins.com/mediawiki/index.php/SSH_Tunnelling for info on both types. Doug On 21 Nov 2006 15:57:54 -0800 chandranramesh@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Im trying to set up ssh local port forward. > But I dont know the ports to connect to on the remote machine > beforehand. > > Is it possible to setup forward for a range of ports? -- For UNIX, Linux and security articles visit http://SecurityBulletins.com/ In article <1164153474.108673.130230@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> chandranramesh@gmail.com writes: > >Im trying to set up ssh local port forward. >But I dont know the ports to connect to on the remote machine >beforehand. You could perhaps use OpenSSH's "dynamic" port forwarding, i.e. SOCKS - see the -D option. >Is it possible to setup forward for a range of ports? Not as such (with OpenSSH), though (with OpenSSH) you can AFAIK give any number of -L options - i.e. a range is just a matter of giving one -L option for every port in the range. A bit verbose, but the end result would be the same - ssh (any flavour) would need to open a separate socket for every port in the range, the...

how do i forward ports and allow access on some port?
Hi all, I am using Norton System Works 2005 full edition (with nortn firewall) on a windows 2000 professional OS , now i want to forward port 80,99,100 to a linux box running in the same office and I also want to allow someone access on port 101 and 102. Can someone help me out , how to do it. Regards vivek kedia india vivekkedia@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I am using Norton System Works 2005 full edition (with nortn firewall) > on a windows 2000 professional OS , now i want to forward port > 80,99,100 to a linux box running in the same office and I also want to > a...

Port forwarding through firewalls
Here is my issue I usually run a support application which is a customized version of UltraVNC server. It launches from a client machine and attempts to connect on port 5555 to my offices WAN IP. The firewall redirects the port to my computer and I can see my clients computer as soon as the connection is made to my VNC viewer operating on listening mode on port 5555. It works great but now I am traveling and I a hotel and want to have the same functionality. There fore I need to forward the data coming in on port 5555 on my office machine to my laptop which is BEHIND a hotel firewall. My solution to use Zebedee in reverse tunnel mode. So I run a client on my computer with the following configuration file. debug true verbosity 2 # Basic messages only message "client" detached false Server false Listenmode true Tunnel 8000:*:5555 I then connect to the client by running the server on my computer debug true verbosity 2 # Basic messages only message "Server" server true # It's a server detached false # Detach from terminal serverport 8000 clienthost SUPPORT I get a connection established on the client on my work machine. So I have established the connection to the client through the hotel firewall and our work firewall. However when I try and run the VNC server at port 5555 on my office machines nothing happens on my laptop. I have tried several variations of ports and commands. I think I fundamentally misu...

open a port and to forward it
Hi, I have a Cisco 800 router and I need to open a port and to forward it to an internal ip address. In addition to this, I need to modify the access-list to allow connections to this port only from some IPs. Now I have something like this: *********** ip nat inside source list 130 interface ATM0.1 overload ip nat inside source route-map nonat interface ATM0.1 overload .... access-list 130 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit route-map nonat permit 10 match ip address 110 ....... *********** Thanks, Joe Hi Joe, Lets say you want to connect to &qu...

Ports open on a firewall
Did an internal and an external port scan on a production firewall and found the following ports were opened, but seems quite unusual. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated. The external scan, i.e., scanning the server from the internet, which reported the following ports are open: TCP Ports 110 (POP3) 135 (DCE endpoint resolution) 139 (NETBIOS Session Service) 515 (Spooler 1027 (unknown or ICQ?) 3372 (Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) / TIP 2) 10000 Webmin / Network Data Management Protocol UDP Port: 137 (NETBIOS Name Service) The internal scan, i.e., scanning the ...

Firewalls and opening ports
Greetings. I am looking up info on what ports I need to open up in a firewall for a few things. Exchange 2000 Access Windows VPN Cisco VPN Any help will be apreciated. Chuckles ...

Do I need port forwarding on 25 port to send messages?
I'm using CDONTS.Newmail (It is using the local SMTP) in a contact form on a web server(IIS) which is behind DMZ. I am trying to figure out why it is not sending the messages. The machine has private IP and port forwarding is set up for 80 port. I don't need to receive, but only to send. In this case - Do I need port forwarding on 25 port if I use the SMTP for CDONTS.Newmail only. Thank you in advance, Rosica "bu" <me@buto.net> wrote in message news:9506ab65.0307161002.420d480d@posting.google.com... | I'm using CDONTS.Newmail (It is using the local SMTP) in ...

port forwarding and secured connection
Hi all, openssh 3.7.1.0 with zlib and openssl 0.9.6.7 are installed on AIX4.3. The config files are listed at the end of this mail. I have one machineA on which I have configured local port forwarding: machineA:#sshd -p 2222 machineA:#ssh -f -g -N -L 2223:machineA:23 machineA A client telnet connection to port 2223 of machine A works. If I understand local port forwarding, the connection between the client and port 2223 on machine A should be not secured, the connection between port 2223 on machine A and port 23 should be secured. But when I use ip listener on what goes out from port 2223 and what arrives to port 23, I see that the connection is not secured. What should be secured: 1/Should the connection between port 2223 on machine A and port 23 be secured in both way, I mean from 2223 to 23 and from 23 to 2223? 2/Or should connection between 2223 and 2222 not secured, and between 2222 and 23 secured? In both way? 3/Do I need to install another package? Thanks in advance. Here are extracts of sshd_config and ssh_config files: ssh_config: # Host * ForwardAgent yes # ForwardX11 no # RhostsRSAAuthentication no # RSAAuthentication yes # PasswordAuthentication yes # HostbasedAuthentication no # BatchMode no # CheckHostIP yes # AddressFamily any # ConnectTimeout 0 # StrictHostKeyChecking ask Port 2222 # Protocol 2,1 sshd_config: Port 2222 #Protocol 2,1 #ListenAddress 0.0.0.0 #ListenAddress :: # HostKey for protocol version 1 #HostKey /etc/ss...

serial port not working, but shows 2 ports open
I am having trouble getting a connection to the serial port, this is the code + result I get from MATLAB: index 3 and 109 are open Code: clc; clear all; close all; instrfind instrhwinfo('serial') s = serial('COM1'); fopen(s) Result: Instrument Object Array Index: Type: Status: Name: 1 serial closed Serial-COM1 2 serial closed Serial-COM1 3 serial open Serial-COM1 4 serial closed Serial-COM1 5 serial closed Serial-COM1 6 serial closed Serial-COM1 ...

Firewall, NAT and port forwarding
I work remotely and am trying to be able to ftp to a SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 box at my office. This server sits behind a ZyXel firewall. I have NAT enabled and have used port forwarding for port 22 to enable me being able to login using SSH, etc. No problems, that all works great. However, I'm trying to be able to ftp to this server as well, but can't seem to get the port forwarding working. What am I missing? I have set port 21 on the ZyXel firewall to redirect to the SCO server's static IP address (just as I did for SSH) but I can't get an ftp login at all. After about 30 seconds, it just says ftp: connect: Unknown error number I can ftp from the SCO box itself to the IP of the firewall, but not from externally. Any thoughts on what I'm missing here? Why doesn't the port forwarding work on the fireweall just as it does for using SSH? Thanks Scott U PDM, Inc. On Mon, Mar 22, 2010, scooter6 wrote: >I work remotely and am trying to be able to ftp to a SCO OpenServer >5.0.5 box at my office. > >This server sits behind a ZyXel firewall. I have NAT enabled and have >used port forwarding for port 22 to enable me being able to login >using SSH, etc. No problems, that all works great. > >However, I'm trying to be able to ftp to this server as well, but >can't seem to get the port forwarding working. >What am I missing? > >I have set port 21 on the ZyXel firewall to redirect to the SCO >server's s...

Forward(open) a router port
I have a question. I play a game and I want to set up a server but, with a router attached, it doesn't work. I realize that if i was to dettach the router, the server would work but i want to forward(open) the port. If anyone knows how to do this, i would like to forward or open ports 28000 - 28100. Thanks, Nick Nick wrote: > I have a question. I play a game and I want to set up a server but, > with a router attached, it doesn't work. I realize that if i was to > dettach the router, the server would work but i want to forward(open) > the port. If anyone knows how t...

How do I: Switchport port-security on Pix 501 Switch Ports
I have a bunch of remote fire stations on a nailed vpn over cable to our internal network. I need to be able to do something similar to what I do with switches: switchport port-security switchport port-security mac-address sticky These folks keep bringing in personal laptops that are virus/malware infected and putting them on our network. Does anyone have any idea on how I can control these switch ports on the 501? Some models actually show the switch ports, but the eraly models, don'/ t even show the switchports on a 'sh int' Thank-you for any idea's. Bruce D. Meyer Bru...

BEFW11S4 Port Forwarding
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router, I upgrading the firmware to Firmware Version : 1.50.14 when it came out and not the router is having port forwarding issues. Here is the setup I have 3 ports forwarding to the same port number on 3 different computers Example: External Port 111 -> Internal computer 192.168.0.1 Port 22 External Port 112 -> Internal computer 192.168.0.2 Port 22 External Port 113 -> Internal computer 192.168.0.3 Port 22 When I attempt to connect to thse ports once every 3 days I wil be able to connect, when I attempt to connect to any of these port with a ssh client...

ssh, firewall, port forwarding
Hi Everyone, I have a bit of trouble with ssh, hopefully you will have some tips where to look for the error. I have a PC with 4.9R, sshd enabled. Logged on locally, I can do an: ssh keve@localhost and I can log in, so sshd and my user id is proven to be working. The trouble comes when I try to do it remotely. To make things a bit more complicated, this PC is not directly connected to the internet. I have a DSL line connected to a commercial DSL modem/router/firewall device that takes up the routable IP I get from the ISP. Behind that device I have a private network of 10.0.0.x. There is only one device in this network, a broadband router/firewall/switch. And behind that, I have a private network of 192.168.1.x. My PC is on this 192.168.1.x network, together with a Windows PC of my friend. First of all, the internet connection on both PCs works fine. I can browse the web, use ftp, ssh or sftp, send and receive mails, etc. So the network setup should be OK. We configured port forwarding on the DSL modem, so that it forwards port 22 to the internal broadband router. We also configured that broadband router to forward port 22 to my freebsd PC. Forwarding is on for both TCP and UDP. Now, connecting to port 22 of the DSL modem I should be able to get back to my own PC, right ? But when I run an: ssh keve@external_ip.of.dsl.modem it does not work. Connection refused. Now I wonder, if this should be a problem with those port forwarding ...

security of reverse port on the firewall
I can't seem to find any discussions on the security of opening a reverse port of a firewall for NTP. I would have thought this was a fairly important point of discussion or is it not? Can anyone point me to info on this item? Don Don S wrote: >I can't seem to find any discussions on the security of opening a reverse >port of a firewall for NTP. I would have thought this was a fairly important >point of discussion or is it not? Can anyone point me to info on this item? > >Don > > If you limit port 123 to UDP, I don't see that there is much, if any, hazard...

Firewall Port Open Help
Hello, I would like to get some help with firewall configuration, even though it is not involved with PIX: It is the WatchGuard Firebox firewall that I plan to put Oracle database in behind, so that client can access it from outside. I have reached the point of seeing packet coming through firewall but the port of regular 1521 is changing to other ports at random. Then the final connection is dropped. The vendor support is not helpful, and I hope some PIX expert could bring some light about the similar network configuration. The problem is we cannot open all ports that is violate th...

Should I open port 50 on my firewall
We have two groups of people setting up an SA to our sonicwall. One has been successful without changing any access rules in the sonciwall. The other could not create a vpn tunnel without creating an access rule that looks like this: IPSEC (ESP) [0,50] Source (the remote ip address of the VPN) WAN Destination * Would a rule like this compromise our LAN and/or firewall in any way. It has always been my experience that we didn't have to open up any ports or create any services on our Sonicwall. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Tigger wrote: > We have two groups of people setting...

Web resources about - port forwarding/ opening port - comp.security.firewalls

Call forwarding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Call forwarding , or call diversion , is a telephony feature of some telephone switching systems which redirects a telephone call to another ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

Martin Taupau email mix-up highlights legal risks of forwarding misdirected message
An incredible email mix-up gave a Canadian theatre critic a cracking NRL scoop &ndash; and potentially a legal headache.

VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance_网络子站_IT专家网
VRF-VPN路由转发实例(VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance) VPN Routing & Forwarding Instance

Facebook Messenger updated to version 4.0 with groups and message forwarding
... 4.0 Groups: Now you can create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place Forwarding: ...

Facebook Messenger For IOS Adds Groups, Message Forwarding - SocialTimes
Facebook released version 4.0 of its Messenger application for iOS , and the major additions were the ability to create groups , and the ability ...

Call forwarding not working on Project Fi? It's not just you, and there's a fix
If you're using Project Fi, you may have recently noticed incoming calls no longer forwarding to your non-Fi phones as you had previously set ...

Facebook Messenger 4.0 Features Easy Group Creation And Message Forwarding
... , its messaging-focused app, to version 4.0 on iOS. Facebook Messenger 4.0 introduces a couple of significant new features: groups and forwarding. ...