sonicwall pro 3060 enhanced OS

anyone have this password to enable enhanced OS?

                http://www.usenet.com
0
benny1046 (1)
11/13/2006 3:01:45 PM
comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

Pix 501 to Sonicwall Pro 4100 (w/ Enhanced OS 3) VPN Tunnel
I have been following the Sonicwall and the Cisco guides to establish an IPSec VPN Tunnel between these two devices. When in production, it will be a Cisco Pix 515E, but that is not on my side; this is merely a proof of concept and configuration for the Sonicwall. I have followed these guides and have successfully established a VPN tunnel between these test sites. However, I cannot get traffic to pass between them. Site A Device: Pix 501 Outside IP: X.X.X.X Inside IP: 10.10.5.1/24 Site B Device: Sonicwall Pro 4100 Outside IP: Y.Y.Y.Y Inside IP: 192.168.10.50/24 The original goal here is to get traffic from 10.10.5.0/24 to/from 192.168.10.0/24. The VPN is established, but no traffic passes. I am confident that the problem is probably on the Pix side, as I used the wizard on the Sonicwall which automatically established the proper firewall permissions. I have not setup a VPN with a Pix in some time, so I may have missed something obvious, here is the Pix config: PIX Version 6.3(5) interface ethernet0 auto interface ethernet1 100full nameif ethernet0 outside security0 nameif ethernet1 inside security100 enable password **************** encrypted passwd **************** encrypted hostname pixfirewall domain-name ciscopix.com fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512 fixup protocol ftp 21 fixup protocol h323 h225 1720 fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719 fixup protocol http 80 fixup protocol rsh 514 fixup protocol rtsp 554 fixup protocol sip 5060 fixup protocol sip udp 5060 fix...

Pix 501 to Sonicwall Pro 4100 (w/ Enhanced OS 3) VPN Tunnel
I originally posted this in comp.security.firewalls, but since I believe it is an issue with my Pix configuration, perhaps this is a better place to solicit for help: I have been following the Sonicwall and the Cisco guides to establish an IPSec VPN Tunnel between these two devices. When in production, it will be a Cisco Pix 515E, but that is not on my side; this is merely a proof of concept and configuration for the Sonicwall. I have followed these guides and have successfully established a VPN tunnel between these test sites. However, I cannot get traffic to pass between them. Site A De...

Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005
Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security programs 2005 - Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Multi CD NR 17 543 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Base Module Multi CD NR 17 544 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Ser...

[...]

Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security programs 2005 - Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Multi CD NR 17 543 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Base Module Multi CD NR 17 544 Utimaco SafeGuard Advanced Security v4.30.0.335 Terminal Server Multi CD NR 17 545 Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005 CD NR 17 234 Symantec Client Security Corporate Edition v2.0 CD NR 15 321 Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 4.0 CD NR 13 364 Steganos Internet Security 7 CD NR 16 968 McAfee Internet Security Suite V7.0 2005 CD NR 16 727 Security Service (c) McAfee CD NR 11 362 Symantec Norton Internet Security v3.0 For Mac OSX CD NR 12 698 Microsoft Windows XP SP2, With Advanced Security Technologies. CD NR 16 244 PANDA PLATINUM INTERNET SECURITY V8.05 SUB100 CD NR 16 096 Panda Platinum Internet SEcurity *Englsih-Spanish* 14 184 IBM Tivoli Security Manager v5.1 (c) IBM CD NR 15 750 Finjan Vital Securit...

pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005
pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp programs 2005 - PGP.CommandLine.for.Linux.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.for.Solaris.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.v8.5.0 (week 31/2004) PGP.Desktop.v8.1.for.Windows PGP.Personal.Desktop.v8.1.for.Macintosh (week 26/2004) PGP.Enterprise.v8.0.3 (week 49/20030 PGP.v8.0.3 (week 42/2003) 15/...

pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005
pgp programs 2005 -, Security programs 2005 - , Firewall programs 2005 -, Antivirus programs 2005 -, APPDEV DOT NET SECURITY, Linux Security and Firewall programs 2005 -, CiscoWorks ( CW ) Security programs 2005 - , ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- pgp programs 2005 - PGP.CommandLine.for.Linux.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.for.Solaris.v8.5.0 PGP.CommandLine.v8.5.0 (week 31/2004) PGP.Desktop.v8.1.for.Windows PGP.Personal.Desktop.v8.1.for.Macintosh (week 26/2004) PGP.Enterprise.v8.0.3 (week 49/20030 PGP.v8.0.3 (week 42/2003) 15/...

sonicwall pro 3060 / di-604
Hello, At my office I have a sonicwall 3060 with vpn. At home I have sonicwalls client thing, to enable me to log in. All works fine. I've got a few PCs that I want to share the net with at home, so I've gone and purchased a d-link DI-604 which works fine, except I can't get the VPN passthrough to work... That is, phase 1 and phase 2 both work fine, and according to the snwl connection monitor, I have a vpn tunnel established, but I can't ping anything on the office side. According to the traffic monitor, I'm sending encrypted data, but I'm never receiving any back. No...

Help please! Sonicwall PRO 3060
I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with our internet connections coming and going. Yesterday I noticed an Alert: SYN flood Attack error message. This alert is only present when we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall in stealth mode and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help you may be able to give. mdwilson wrote: > I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with > our internet connections coming and going. Yesterday I noticed an > Alert: SYN flood Attack error message. This alert is only present when > we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall in stealth mode > and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. Any help would be > greatly appreciated. Contact your ISP about the problem. There is very little you can do at your end. If a flood attack is coming in the line is flooded regardless what protection you may have enabled on your firewall. Gerald On Mar 24, 5:03 pm, "mdwilson" <mikedwilso...@gmail.com> wrote: > I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with > our internet connections coming and going. Yesterday I noticed an > Alert: SYN flood Attack error message. This alert is only present when > we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall in stealth mode > and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. Any help would be > greatly a...

Sygate Personal Firewall PRO and my Lan security
Hi all, before to explain my problem I must explain my LAN configuration: Pc1 -> 192.168.0.1 connected with a modem USB to internet Pc2 -> 192.168.0.2 connected with Pc1 with a cross cable and surf in Internet using Pc1 On Pc1 is installed Sygate Personal Firewall PRO (last release) with these advanced rules: - 1st Rule applied on the Ethernet network interface: All allowed for IP: 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.255 (broadcast) - 2nd Rule applied for all network interfaces (also modem ADSL): Block all traffic inbound and outbound for TCP and UDP protocol for the ports 135, 1002, 1025, 17...

Sonicwall PRO 3060 VPN not Connecting to internet
I have a sonicwall Pro 3060 and have setup vpn for this. I am using the sonicwall global vpn client the client connect and then will access all internal addresses on the lan but when trying to access internet websites this fails. I have allowed split tunnels but this is not working either. has any one else had this issue / able to resolve Am Fri, 18 Jul 2008 05:40:22 -0700 schrieb SallyBridges: > I have a sonicwall Pro 3060 and have setup vpn for this. Bad idea! > I am using the sonicwall global vpn client the client connect and then > will access all internal addresses on the lan but when trying to > access internet websites this fails. worst > I have allowed split tunnels but this is not working either. where on client side? > has any one else had this issue / able to resolve Check your dns an default gateway, check the way your packet goes either. cheers The sonic wall firewall allows you to configure the sonicwall global vpn client from the actuall firewall split tunnels is therefore setup on the sonicwall firewall and this automatically pushes to the client the dns entries when connected are the same as our lan dns entries and these are working on the lan side the gateway is the main work gateway to the internet and works from office lan but not the vpn client dns resolves but when attempting to go out on to the internet then a tracertout our ping will time out Am Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:42:02 -0700 schrieb SallyBridges: > The sonic ...

Sonicwall PRO 3060 SYN flood attacks
I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with our internet connections coming and going. Yesterday I noticed a new error message on our sonicwall; Alert: SYN flood Attack. This alert is only present when we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall in stealth mode and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help you may be able to give. mikedwilson21@gmail.com wrote: > I work for a rural school system. Recently we have had problems with > our internet connections coming and going. what exactly is happening, is the box overloaded, how are the interfaces doing, what kind of connection to your ISP, what bandwidth ? how is the router doing, when this happens. can you confirm the whole network behind the sw is affected, or just a host or subnet/zone. >Yesterday I noticed a new > error message on our sonicwall; Alert: SYN flood Attack. This alert is > only present when we are having problems. We are running our sonicwall > in stealth mode and already have the SYN flood protection enabled. I see synfloods all the time, can't see how a 3060 could not handle them. what else is in the logs when your connection goes down? > Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help you may > be able to give. > M ...

Sonicwall Pro 330 vs Cisco 2611 for Firewall
I have a little project where I can use a Sonicwall Pro 330 or Cisco 2611XM with firewall feature set as a firewall. I can't decide which would be the better choice. I know the sonicwall supports about 128,000 concurrent connections, content filter, and virus. I am not sure about the concurrent connections with the cisco. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Bill Adams wrote: > I have a little project where I can use a Sonicwall Pro 330 or Cisco 2611XM > with firewall feature set as a firewall. I can't decide which would be the > better choice. I know the sonicwa...

SonicWall Pro vs. Pro 200
I have a SonicWall Pro. SonicWall is having a "special" on upgrading to a Pro200. Can anyone give me a GOOD reason for upgradin? I don't see much of a difference in the description of the Pro 200 from the Pro. Thanks! John, Thanks for your reply. My experience with their support has been a mirror of yours. Thanks, -Wayne > >Pro200. Can anyone give me a GOOD reason for upgradin? I don't see much of > >a difference in the description of the Pro 200 from the > I just went through the same thing with my Pro-300. Upgrade or not? > I have ne...

Security check on firewall and workstations behind the firewall
Hi, What procedures should be carried out to thoroughly check security on a network comprised of one Windows 2000 Server running the CHX-I packet filter from http://www.idrci.net (and also configured to do NAT and share an internet connection) and several Windows 2000 Professional workstations ? It's two things that I have to analyze: 1) Security on the server itself, and 2) (In)accessibility to internal workstations from the public Internet. E-mail and web surfing are the only Internet services -so to say- they are allowed to do. I would like to know what is the standard procedure to carry out such checks, I mean, what tests should be done and what software tools (from Microsoft or third parties) for security analysis/audit should be used. As an additional note, the operating system on the server and workstations is automatically updated and Norton Antivirus (retail version on the workstations and Corporate Edition on the server) is installed. Thank you. Fernando Ronci E-mail: fernandoronci@hotmail.com ...

SECURITY: NSA Security-enhanced Linux updated #5

SECURITY: NSA Security-Enhanced Linux Updated #7
--=-sQ+/hyAk7LN/1nBkxYfI Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable An updated NSA Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) release is available from the NSA SELinux web site; see http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/news.cfm#R050309. This release is based on Linux 2.6.11. The SELinux kernel patch for 2.6.11 includes enhanced MLS support, changes to the execute-related permission checking for legacy binaries, and an extension to the /proc/pid/attr API to allow use by scripts. Enhanced MLS support has been merged into the userspace libraries and tools. The libraries and tools have been modified to allow local customization of file contexts and users without requiring policy sources, and to preserve certain types that are marked as being customizable upon relabels. The technical reports in the selinux-doc package were updated to reflect the current SELinux code. Numerous patches for the userspace libraries, tools, and policy were merged. Updated versions of setools, slat, and polgen were added. Security-Enhanced Linux incorporates a strong, flexible mandatory access control architecture into the major subsystems of the Linux kernel. The system provides a mechanism to enforce the separation of information based on confidentiality and integrity requirements. This mechanism enables protection of application security mechanisms against tampering and bypass, and it enables confinement of the damage that can be caused by flawed and malicious...

SECURITY: NSA Security-enhanced Linux updated #2
The SELinux web site <http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/> including the mail list archive has been updated. The site includes a new release of the LSM-based SELinux prototype. The base kernel versions have been updated to 2.4.23 and 2.6.0-test11. In 2.6.0-test11 controls have been added for inheritance of signal-related state and resource limits and the network interface and node controls have been reimplemented. SysVinit has been patched to eliminate the need for a modified initrd. Login now uses a pam_selinux module. Many other updates have been made to the tools, utilities and userland patches. Security-enhanced Linux incorporates a strong, flexible mandatory access control architecture into the major subsystems of the Linux kernel. The system provides a mechanism to enforce the separation of information based on confidentiality and integrity requirements. This allows threats of tampering and bypassing of application security mechanisms to be addressed and enables the confinement of damage that can be caused by malicious or flawed applications. The SELinux web site <http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/> contains background information, documentation, source code, and archives for the selinux mailing-list. -- Howard Holm <hdholm@epoch.ncsc.mil> Office of Defensive Computing Research National Security Agency ########################################################################## # Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: cola@st...

SECURITY: NSA Security-enhanced Linux updated #4
--=-rkEGC0csFFZCLuORGQAk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The SELinux web site <http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/> has been updated. The site includes a new release of the SELinux prototype. The current prototype and the experimental NFS code are now based on Linux kernel 2.6.6. Several races and kernel socket creation have been fixed and a runtime disable has been added. The old linux 2.4-based kernel patch has been ported to 2.4.26. The userland patches have been updated from Fedora Core 2 development. There are now man pages for libselinux. X server security classes and access vector definitions were added and many policy updates were made. Security-enhanced Linux incorporates a strong, flexible mandatory access control architecture into the major subsystems of the Linux kernel. The system provides a mechanism to enforce the separation of information based on confidentiality and integrity requirements. This allows threats of tampering and bypassing of application security mechanisms to be addressed and enables the confinement of damage that can be caused by malicious or flawed applications. The SELinux web site <http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/> contains background information, documentation, source code, and archives for the selinux mailing-list. --=20 Howard Holm <hdholm@epoch.ncsc.mil> Office of Defensive Computing Research National Security Agency --=-rkEGC0csFFZCLuORGQAk Content-Type: app...

Security-Enhanced Android Released by the National Security Agency
http://thehackernews.com/2012/01/security-enhanced-se-android-released.html#main How can SELinux help Android? # Confine privileged daemons. # Protect them from misuse. # Limit the damage that can be done via them. # Sandbox and isolate apps. # Strongly separate apps from each other and from the system. # Prevent privilege escalation by apps. # Provide centralized, analyzable policy. http://selinuxproject.org/page/SEAndroid On 1/16/2012 3:25 AM, JeffM wrote: > http://thehackernews.com/2012/01/security-enhanced-se-android-released.html#main > > How can SELinux help Android? > # Confine privileged daemons. > # Protect them from misuse. > # Limit the damage that can be done via them. > # Sandbox and isolate apps. > # Strongly separate apps from each other and from the system. > # Prevent privilege escalation by apps. > # Provide centralized, analyzable policy. > > http://selinuxproject.org/page/SEAndroid When NAS did the same thing with Vista and Windows 7, the clowns in this NG blew it off. So what is so special about Android? I bet the herd is going to run around on this one hollering "HAL LAY LU YA". :) On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 03:50:34 -0500, Big Steel wrote: > On 1/16/2012 3:25 AM, JeffM wrote: >> http://thehackernews.com/2012/01/security-enhanced-se-android-released.html#main >> >> How can SELinux help Android? >> # Confine privileged daemons. >> # Protect them from misuse. >> # Limit ...

How secure is the security from my security form?
Hey, I have a question about how secure the following will be.... I want to have a login form that posts to itself, so when it loads it checks if there is a username and password on the query list. If there is not, it asks for one. If there is, it checks to see if the information is valid. If it is not valid, it deletes the attributes and calls itself again. If it is valid it sets a particular session variable to be some value and redirects to the next page. Every page from there on in will check to see if the session variable is set and if not will redirect back to the login page. Are ...

SonicWall Pro
I have a SonicWall Pro (no number) firewall device. It is pretty old, but it came from an office that we closed down. I have a small home office network that I'm thinking about using it in. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I have a small network that I keep fairly up to date with AV definitions, spyware protection, and Windows security updates. Does anyone know if installing this device would be worth it... possible... or more hassle than it is worth? Thanks in advance. Mark M mmates@sbcglobal.net wrote: > I have a SonicWall Pro (no number) firewall device. It is pretty old, > but it came from an office that we closed down. I have a small home > office network that I'm thinking about using it in. I'm sure I could > figure it out, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I have a > small network that I keep fairly up to date with AV definitions, > spyware protection, and Windows security updates. Does anyone know if > installing this device would be worth it... possible... or more hassle > than it is worth? Check for a serial number or model number. I believe SonicWall will allow you to re-register and renew the Support subscription on the item. Although the price maybe overkill for a home office. You will then be able to get the newest updates and have a cheap firewall. > > Thanks in advance. > Mark M moncho On Oct 9, 7:54=A0am, moncho <mon...@NOspmanywhe...

Security
I've been doing some investigation into a little problem with privileges. And this is what I have found. If you want to access an Informix database via ODBC and your normal login and password are restricted then set up your odbc connection with no user name and password and you can do anything. This is what I did to prove it. 1. I created a new database called security. 2. I added two tables - opentab and securetab 3. I revoked all permissions on securetab from public 4. I granted connect to public. 5. From MS-Access I set up a new database 6. I used "link-tables" to add a new odbc connection with no username or password, and to link both tables. 7. I could SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE from both tables. 8. I then deleted both tables from my access database. and used control panel to remove the odbc connection. 9. I then repeated steps 5-7 but with a valid username and password. 10. I couldn't access the securetab. So, using a username and password is secure but not using a username and password gives full access. Can anybody spot anything wrong in my reasoning? BTW I have done this on IDS 9.4, running on AIX 5.2, and I was running Windows XP with MS-Access 2002 SP3, and Informix-Client SDK version 2.81 regards Malcolm mweallans@panacea.co.uk wrote: > I've been doing some investigation into a little problem with > privileges. And this is what I have found. > > If you want to acces...

Another OS X security article on The Register (Security Focus)
Apple's in the eye of flaw finders By SecurityFocus Published Wednesday 8th February 2006 11:07�GMT At the recent ShmooCon hacking conference, one security researcher found out the hard way that such venues can be hostile, when an unknown hacker took control of the researcher's computer, disabling the firewall and starting up a file server. While such compromises have become common in the Windows world, this time the computer was am Apple PowerBook running the latest version of Mac OS X. The victim, a security researcher who asked to remain anonymous, had locked down the system p...

Web resources about - sonicwall pro 3060 enhanced OS - comp.security.firewalls

SonicWall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SonicWall (styled SonicWALL ), originally a private company headquartered in San Jose, California , and now owned by Dell , sells a range of ...

SonicWALL Mobile Connect on the App Store on iTunes
Get SonicWALL Mobile Connect on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Dell beefs up security offering with SonicWALL TZ Series Firewalls
Dell has bolstered its security offering with the release of the new SonicWALL TZ Series firewalls.

Dell to buy SonicWALL for security
Dell to buy SonicWALL for security

Dell to Acquire SonicWall for Undisclosed Amount
Hardware giant Dell said it will acquire SonicWall , a privately held maker of network security gear, for an undisclosed sum. SonicWall had been ...

Dell Buys Firewall Firm SonicWall
... ) are up 9 cents, or half a point at $17.05 in early trading after the company this morning said it intends to acquire privately held SonicWall ...

Dell's evolution continues with acquisition of firewall company SonicWall
Dell announced on Tuesday that it will be acquiring firewall and network security management company SonicWall Inc. for an undisclosed sum. Analysts ...

Dell Completes Acquisition of IT Security Leader SonicWALL
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) today announced it has finalized its acquisition of SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security, secure remote ...

Dell acquires security vendor SonicWall
Dell announced on Tuesday that it is planning to acquire SonicWall, a security vendor that specialises in firewalls, network security and antispam ...

Dell Security Chief: SonicWall Trounces Cisco On Price, Performance And Ease ...
Dell Security Chief: SonicWall Trounces Cisco On Price, Performance And Ease ... CRN The new head of Dell Security Solutions isn't pulling ...