"ssh secure file transfer" hangs!!

Hello, I am using "SSH Secure Shell 3.2.9 workstation" non-commercial
version on Windows XP. A shell client works fine. But "ssh secure file
transfer" doesn't work. It just hang. The whole application got hanged
so that I have to restart the application again. It used to work fine.
I checked a server which is linux machine. It didn't have any log about
the failure. I reinstalled it several time, but still it didn't work.

Do you have any clue?

Thanks a lot

0
pinetaj (5)

how to differentiate inside PAM "login using ssh" vs. "file transfer via scp" ?
Hi, have a PAM related question - lets say we have two linux boxes A and B - box B runs an Openssh server - I have to use cases: - UC1: ssh login from A to B - UC2: transfer files from A to B using scp - from my understanding both use cases UC1 and UC2 create a new instance of sshd and handle the case - now my question: - I have to extend the PAM handling for B in a way that I can distinguish between use case UC1 and UC2 - the reason is that I need specific handling inside PAM for UC1 vs. UC2 - currently I have no idea how to find o...

Another variant of "ssh" working interactively, but "ssh cmd" and "scp" failing
hello, world\n I've read the SSH and OpenSSH FAQ (motd/.profile issue), googled left and right and still could not find a solution to the problem. I've got an embedded box named FOO running OpenSSH_3.7.1p1 on Linux 2.4 on PowerPC, the shell is a busybox, but using bash does not change anything. No PAM. This is the situation: ssh root@FOO -- works ssh root@FOO ls -- fails, no output, no matter what command is given scp file root@FOO: -- fails, "lost connection" Here's the debug output for the client and the server. I have also appended the /etc/ssh/sshd_config. What am I doing wrong? $ ssh -vvv root@FOO /bin/ls OpenSSH_4.2p1 FreeBSD-20050903, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0 debug1: Connecting to FOO [172.28.58.13] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /home/sje2bk/.ssh/identity type -1 debug1: identity file /home/sje2bk/.ssh/id_rsa type -1 debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /home/sje2bk/.ssh/id_dsa. debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN' debug3: key_read: missing keytype debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type 'Proc-Type:' debug3: key_read: missing keytype debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type 'DEK-Info:' debug3: key_read: missing keytype debug3: key_read: missing whitespace debug3: key_read: missing whitespace debug3: key_read: missing whitespace debug3: key_read: missing whitespace debug3...

[Klicken Sie auf den Stern, um dieses Thema zu verfolgen] how to differentiate inside PAM "login using ssh" vs. "file transfer via scp" ?
Hi, - today I have a PAM related question - lets say we have two linux boxes A and B - box B runs an Openssh server - I have two use cases: - UC1: ssh login from box A to box B - UC2: transfer files from box A to box B using scp - now my question: - I have to extend the PAM handling for box B in a way that I can distinguish at PAM level between use case UC1 and UC2 (need specific handling inside PAM) - currently I have no idea how to find out inside my PAM code if the code runs UC1 or UC2 - my first plan was to differentiate via getenv("SSH_CLIENT") and getenv("SSH_TTY") but both are "null" at the time I need the info any other idea ? regards, Uwe ...

[Klicken Sie auf den Stern, um dieses Thema zu verfolgen] how to differentiate inside PAM "login using ssh" vs. "file transfer via scp" ?
Hi, - today I have a PAM related question - lets say we have two linux boxes A and B - box B runs an Openssh server - I have two use cases: - UC1: ssh login from box A to box B - UC2: transfer files from box A to box B using scp - now my question: - I have to extend the PAM handling for box B in a way that I can distinguish at PAM level between use case UC1 and UC2 (need specific handling inside PAM) - currently I have no idea how to find out inside my PAM code if the code runs UC1 or UC2 - my first plan was to differentiate via getenv("SSH_CLIENT&q...

FTP and "Secure File Transfer Protocol"
I have been asked to see if the is a "Secure File Transfer Protocol" client for FTP on the HP3000. John J. Archer ---- Opinions are my own, not my employer's. --- ph: 234-310-3102 t/l: 669-3102 fx: 234-310-3127 e-mail: jarcher@us.ibm.com IBM Global Services, GAD/CGT 1485 Corporate Woods Pkwy. Uniontown, Ohio 44685 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

differences among "ssh", "rlogin" and "telnet"
Hi, what are the differences among "ssh", "rlogin" and "telnet"? Which one is better and when are each of these are recommended to use? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, SolarisUser wrote: > what are the differences among "ssh", "rlogin" and "telnet"? Which one > is better and when are each of these are recommended to use? ssh encrypts traffic, the others don't. SSh should always be used, and there's no reason to use the others these days. -- Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, OpenSolaris CAB member President, Rite Online Inc. ...

"for" loop inside "ssh"
Hello, I try to use "ssh" command and run "for" loop in remote server. I mean something like: ssh remote_server -l remote_user "for file in `ls *.sql`; do; echo $file; done" Now I get: file: Undefined variable. OS: Sun Solaris Shell: ksh Thank you. On 2014-03-10, shulamitmi3@gmail.com <shulamitmi3@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I try to use "ssh" command and run "for" loop in remote server. > > I mean something like: > > ssh remote_server -l remote_user "for file in `ls *.sql`; do...

Problems with the free Tectia "SSH secure shell"-Client
Hi, I am using the free "SSH secure shell" -Client from tectia (ssh.com). Normally I log in as a user with key Authentication, then do the "su root" command using a password. This works fine with the shell. When i use the sftp part of that client I often get permission errors, because i am logged in as a user. so, HOW can i do this "su" command on sftp? Thanks for help! Florian Florian Meereis a �crit : > Hi, > I am using the free "SSH secure shell" -Client from tectia (ssh.com). > Normally I log in as a user with key Authentication, then do the "su root" > command using a password. This works fine with the shell. > When i use the sftp part of that client I often get permission errors, > because i am logged in as a user. > so, HOW can i do this "su" command on sftp? > > Thanks for help! > > Florian > > I may be wrong but some clients don't authorize interactive sessions, like winscp for example : each time I tried to test if I could get a shell from an sftp session, I was rejected with an error saying interactive sessions are not possible. But maybe your settings are different from mine, or maybe it is a built-in feature for sftp ? Well, not sure : just an idea. Another idea might be that your user isn't in the wheel group ? ... Cantabile Most ssh servers are not set to do this, but you could try to log in as root using "scp ... root@server.com .....

What is "Secure NDM with secure plus"?
I have Googled without success. Anyone have any info or a point in the right direction for a like on "Secure NDM with secure plus" in the context of network security on Solaris? Thank you! Chip Found the answer. Apparently, the product has been acquired by another company and rebranded. http://www.sterlingcommerce.com/solutions/consulting/con_security.html Hope this is useful for someone. Chip "Chip G" <NOSPAMchipg_98@ATyahoo.TODELETE.com> wrote in message news:MHsKb.234487$8y1.1053683@attbi_s52... > I have Googled without success. Anyone h...

"Secure" PDF
The PDF's that anyone can read but which have a flag disabling copy/print are dependent on the reading program obeying the flag. So if you have an open source program which won't work with such a file, like pdftotext from the xpdf package, you can comment out the checking code, recompile, and go ahead and use it. The files I have used this on had no were pump and dump spams (some Chinese stock is going to the moon but, alas, not taking the spammer with it) sent through remote control trojan-infected computers and so I felt no need to respect the author's intellectual property rig...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

File association misbehavior -- "Open File -- Security Warning"
This is a strange one. I have VLC and Winamp on this system. To stop video playback from clobbering the playlist in Winamp, I installed VLC to use for video playback, and told it to only grab video file associations. Next time I used Winamp, it grabbed the video file associations back. When I then went to use a video, it opened in Winamp. I found and disabled an option for it to grab file associations. Then I manually ran VLC and looked in it for an option to grab file associations without reinstalling it, but apparently there is none. So I right clicked various video files an...

Secure replacement for "Secure" web console?
Has anyone found a *secure* replacement for the HP "Secure Web Console"? We've currently got a few web consoles deployed and find them to be a wonderful tool. However, due to the well publicized security flaws in these devices, we're looking for a replacement. (See http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/bugtraq/1999/12/msg00006.html for more info on how insecure these things are.) The company that was making them for HP (Arula) at one time was making an almost identical device w/ the exception that it provided full session encryption (or so I was led to believe by the s...

Secure replacement for "Secure" web console?
Has anyone found a *secure* replacement for the HP "Secure Web Console"? We've currently got a few web consoles deployed and find them to be a wonderful tool. However, due to the well publicized security flaws in these devices, we're looking for a replacement. (See http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/bugtraq/1999/12/msg00006.html for more info on how insecure these things are.) The company that was making them for HP (Arula) at one time was making an almost identical device w/ the exception that it provided full session encryption (or so I was led to believe by the sales r...

"Secure!"
As a Day Zero, this would also be when the clock starts for determining when the patches get deployed to the installed base too. Oh, wait: "Although Zimperium sent Google patches for the bugs, which it accepted, the company warns that as few as 20 percent of phones will actually be fixed due to problems getting manufacturers to install them." <http://wraltechwire.com/major-security-flaw-revealed-in-android-phones/14796262/#U8mYAUbRHri5oY3x.99> -hh On 2015-07-27 13:57:40 +0000, -hh said: > As a Day Zero, this would also be when the > clock s...

U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team: SLAMS Windopes """Security"""
http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA04-104A.html Multiple Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Products Original release date: April 13, 2004 Last revised: April 14, 2004 Source: US-CERT Systems Affected Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Microsoft Windows Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) subsystems Microsoft Windows MHTML Protocol Handler Microsoft Jet Database Engine Overview Microsoft Corporation has released a series of security bulletins affecting most users of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Users of systems running Microsoft Windows are strongly encouraged to visit the Windows Security Updates for April 2004 and take actions appropriate to their system configurations. I. Description Microsoft has released four security bulletins listing a number of vulnerabilities which affect a variety of Microsoft Windows software packages. The following section summarizes the issues identified in their bulletins. Summary of Microsoft Bulletins for April 2004 Security Bulletin MS04-011: Security Update for Microsoft Windows (835732) This bulletin addresses 14 vulnerabilities affecting the systems listed below. There are several new vulnerabilities address by this bulletin, and several updates to previously reported vulnerabilities. Impact Remote attackers could execute arbitrary code on vulnerable systems. Systems affected Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Windows NT Server 4.0 Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Editio...

"Distro Expert" Could Replace "Security Expert"
At least some, probably many, security program developers will need new jobs as Linux grabs up the huge dropped MS security ball. Let them become Linux distro testing and recommending agents for the new future of Linux-Secure computing. Probably no average user is going have time to test even a few Linux distros, let alone the hundreds available. Further, they shouldn't have to. So hire a DDS -- Distro Difference Expert. It will be a more pleasant field of work. No need to dirty their hands with the sludge of win "programming." Instead they can deal with high quality ...

"A+" & "Security+" Expert/Trainers Needed
7 Hills Media Group is looking for a qualified Expert/Trainers to work with us on developing an upcoming video-based training titles on A+ & Security+. Summary/requirements: -Most work effort can be performed at trainers home or office location (preferably located in Mid Atlantic region of US) -2-3+ years or comparable experience in the subject matter area -Prior classroom, certifications, authoring, technical writing and/or training lab experience is a plus -Strong English verbal and writing skills -Minimal writing effort required. Majority of content is audio or video-based...

"Security" tool HijackThis "open sourced"
Those who remember the bad old days with the easily-infected OS might recall seeing an exchange like this in a help forum: "How do I fix my infected Windoze system?" "Post your HijackThis log." That "security" tool is yet another something external to Windoze which is used to unbork Redmond's easily-infected junk. Now it's been announced that HijackThis has be "open sourced". https://www.securityweek.com/trend-micro-migrates-security-tool-hijackthis-open-source From the Slashdot coverage: http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/02/19/1543245/securit...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"Open File
How do I get rid of the generic Windows "Open File - Security Warning" that appears when I try to open a database that resides on another PC on my home network? This is not the annoying macro security warning - I have my macro security set to low. The warning I am describing only appears when a database on another machine is opened. Wayne wrote: > How do I get rid of the generic Windows "Open File - Security Warning" > that appears when I try to open a database that resides on another PC > on my home network? This is not the annoying macro security warning - &...

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

Web resources about - "ssh secure file transfer" hangs!! - comp.security.ssh