"X11 connection uses different authentication protocol"

I am trying to run a remote application over ssh tunneling.
Everything works except for ONE application.  I can execute xterms,
xclock but when I try to execute "xelga" a mentor graphics application
I get an error:

"X11 connection uses different authentication protocol"

debug3: fd 8 is O_NONBLOCK
debug1: channel 1: new [x11]
debug1: confirm x11
debug2: X11 connection uses different authentication protocol.
debug2: X11 rejected 1 i0/o0
debug2: channel 1: read failed
debug2: channel 1: close_read
debug2: channel 1: input open -> drain
debug2: channel 1: ibuf empty

All other mentor graphics applications work.  Anyone with any insight
have any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this error specific to
specialized applications? or any applications in general?

    RS> I am trying to run a remote application over ssh tunneling.
    RS> Everything works except for ONE application.  I can execute
    RS> xterms, xclock but when I try to execute "xelga" a mentor graphics
    RS> application I get an error:

    RS> "X11 connection uses different authentication protocol"

    RS> debug3: fd 8 is O_NONBLOCK debug1: channel 1: new [x11] debug1:
    RS> confirm x11 debug2: X11 connection uses different authentication
    RS> protocol.  X11 connection rejected because of wrong
    RS> authentication.  debug2: X11 rejected 1 i0/o0 debug2: channel 1:
    RS> read failed debug2: channel 1: close_read debug2: channel 1: input
    RS> open -> drain debug2: channel 1: ibuf empty

    RS> All other mentor graphics applications work.  Anyone with any
    RS> insight have any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this error specific
    RS> to specialized applications? or any applications in general?

If you're using an older sshd version, perhaps this:

http://www.snailbook.com/faq/x-works-sometimes.auto.html

--
  Richard Silverman
  res@qoxp.net

0
res49 (1410)

Difference between "Connection accepts" and "Connection requests"
Hello, In output from netstat (e.g. "netstat -p tcp -a | grep -i conn"), I see lines like: 2755505 connection requests 340186 connection accepts 3086161 connections established (including accepts) 3428998 connections closed (including 2379842 drops) 0 connections with ECN capability 785 embryonic connections dropped 119647 Connections dropped due to bad ACKs What's the difference between the connection-lines? Specifically: What's the difference between "connection requests" and "connection accepts&quo...

differences among "ssh", "rlogin" and "telnet"
Hi, what are the differences among "ssh", "rlogin" and "telnet"? Which one is better and when are each of these are recommended to use? Thanks. On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, SolarisUser wrote: > what are the differences among "ssh", "rlogin" and "telnet"? Which one > is better and when are each of these are recommended to use? ssh encrypts traffic, the others don't. SSh should always be used, and there's no reason to use the others these days. -- Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, OpenSolaris CAB member President, Rite Online Inc. ...

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) ...

different between the "::" and "."

When to use "document" and when to use "this"
Hello all, Can anyone explain when one should use the "document" object and when one should use the "this" object? Also, is the "self" object the same as the "document" or "this" object? ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cy...

when to use "conv2", when to use "fft"->"multiplication"->"ifft"?
Hi all, I am doing 2D image filtering with sometimes filter size larger than image size. I am wondering which of the following scheme is the fastest, using Matlab: 1) conv2, 2D convolution directly; 2) conv2, but decompose the filter into two separable filters and then conv2 will first convolve along X axis and then convolve along Y axis; 3) fft2, multiplication, ifft2, all in 2D domain; 4) fft, multiplication, ifft, all in 1D case and work on convolutions of separable filters along X axis and Y axis; (similar to 2, but do 1D convolution all in frequency domain). Images and filters are...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

"or" and "and"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

network: "Connection Failed", no "Connect As..."
hello, i have two macs and a windows 2000 server. both macs can see the win box in the Finder's SHARED section. one mac can connect to it, using the saved Administrator credentials. the other mac (new one), cannot -- it just says "Connection Failed" each time i click it. i click "Connect As...", but it never shows me the login prompt. i have rebooted. any ideas whats up? thanks, sm ...

When to use "document" and when to use "this" #2
Hello all, Can anyone explain when one should use the "document" object and when one should use the "this" object? Also, is the "self" object the same as the "document" or "this" object? Bryan wrote on 23 sep 2006 in comp.lang.javascript: > Can anyone explain when one should use the "document" object and when > one should use the "this" object? IMHO: "window" is the default and top element of the DOM tree. So: document defaults to window.document. [However parent.document could mean the framse page.] &q...

"my" and "our"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

when should one use "and" and "or"
Hi All, just got hit w the ff > case > when x==1 or x==2 > print "yeoh!" > end SyntaxError: compile error (irb):17: syntax error, unexpected kOR, expecting kTHEN or ':' or '\n' or ';' when x==1 or x==2 ^ "or" and "and" both exhibit the behaviour in ruby1.8/1.9. workaround 1 put parens around the condition (not again) 2 replace or/and with ||/&& i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. has ruby relegated the use of "and/or"....? best regar...

Use "range," not "for"?
Thanks to everyone who suggested ways to get a proc to recognize all variables in the global scope--here's why I wanted to know. (Maybe someone has done this better already--if so, don't hesitate to let me know!) I've found that a simple "foreach" loop fairly often won't do the jobs I want done, and I need to use "for"--ugh! Well, I recently read at least part of a book about Python. It didn't look like an improvement over Tcl for the most part, but it has at least a few good features, one of which is the "range" expression. I thought a "...

Using "=" vs ":="
I'm going through Mathematic by Example, 2nd ed., (Abell and Braselton), and have come across something that puzzles me. Chapter 2, Section 2, Example 8 Define f(x,y)=1-sin(x^2+y^2) So I first try, In[1]:= f[x_, y_]:=1-Sin(x^2+y^2) No problem so far... Then, In[2]:= f[x,y] Out[2]:=1-Sin(x^2+y^2) Still no problem... Then, In[3]:=f[1,2] Out[3]:=1-5 Sin Huh? I noticed that rather than using ":=" to "simply define" this function, as opposed to (just) "=" to "define and compute" this function, I get different subsequent behavio...

Web resources about - "X11 connection uses different authentication protocol" - comp.security.ssh

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Hands on: Twitter two-factor authentication
Optus and Vodafone customers need not apply when it comes to Twitter's two-factor authentication.