configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see config.log for details) ***

I am integrating openssl-0.9.7c into my 2.6.17 IXP425 snapgear tree
and I am having this error message during the build:

configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see
config.log for details) ***

I am basically following the procedures as stated in:
http://www.ucdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/10/23/2249235&mode=thread.

The tool I am using is gcc 3.4.0.

I didnt use to have this error when I was integrating the same openssl
release into 2.6.12, using gcc 3.3.2, so I am wondering what may be
wrong... :(

Any clue?

I also cannot find any config.log file. Which file do I need to update
to enable it to generate a config.log file for debugging? If you have
a sample, can you kindly send it to me?

Thanks a lot... :)
0
dchou4u1 (12)

On Nov 28, 3:45 pm, Dennis <dcho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am integrating openssl-0.9.7c into my 2.6.17 IXP425 snapgear tree
> and I am having this error message during the build:
>
> configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see
> config.log for details) ***
>
> I am basically following the procedures as stated in:http://www.ucdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/10/23/2249235&mode=thread.
>
> The tool I am using is gcc 3.4.0.
>
> I didnt use to have this error when I was integrating the same openssl
> release into 2.6.12, using gcc 3.3.2, so I am wondering what may be
> wrong... :(
>
> Any clue?
>
> I also cannot find any config.log file. Which file do I need to update
> to enable it to generate a config.log file for debugging? If you have
> a sample, can you kindly send it to me?
>
> Thanks a lot... :)

The error seems to be coming from the configure script in snapgear/
user/ssh directory. But I still dont know why it is failing...
0
dchou4u1 (12)
11/29/2007 1:03:41 AM
Dennis <dchou4u@gmail.com> writes:

>> I am integrating openssl-0.9.7c into my 2.6.17 IXP425 snapgear tree
>> and I am having this error message during the build:
>>
>> configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see
>> config.log for details) ***

> The error seems to be coming from the configure script in snapgear/
> user/ssh directory. But I still dont know why it is failing...

I got this using the most recent Openssl with some other program I was
building. I think it was because Openssl changed its format for its
version string at some point, or another constant string changed that
applicants used to look at to determine this. Try to rip out the check
in the script and see if it works anyway. If it does, great, if not,
it might give a better clue.

What was the output in the config.log for that test, anyway?

--
 [** America, the police state **]
Whoooose! What's that noise? Why, it's US citizen's

C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables See `config.log' for more details.
Hello; The Solaris environment is killing me... I wanted to install Midnight Commander but I saw that it needs to be compiled. To compile Midnight Commander I downloaded gtk but I couldn`t install gtk. Because it needed many other dependency packages. I downloaded other dependency packages and I couldn`t have installed even them. I am really very angry at the moment. Then I found something/script `pkg-get` from www.blaswave.org and run it. Pkg-get installed many things by downloading them somewhere from internet. Actually I don`t know where am I now? Because when I run ./configure to insta...

error: error: can't find a register in class BREG' while reloading `asm'
Hi, The sample C program: #include <stdio.h> #define WORD_EAX 0 #define WORD_EBX 1 #define WORD_ECX 2 #define WORD_EDX 3 #define WORD_NUM 4 #define INITIAL_APIC_ID_BITS 0xFF000000 int get_APICID(){ unsigned int words[WORD_NUM]; unsigned int reg = 1; __asm__ ("pushl %%ebx \n\t" /* save %ebx */ "cpuid \n\t" "movl %%ebx, %1 \n\t" /* save what cpuid just put in %ebx */ "popl %%ebx \n\t" ...

Getting Error can't find '__main__' module in 'X'
Hey I am newbie in python.I have installed python 2.7.5 correctly.It is working fine but I am having some issues.I have set windows Enviroment variables. The problem is when I try to save my program in a folder(C:\Users\John\X)it shows that module error but when I save it outside this X folder ( C:\Users\John ) It runs successfully.How to fix it? On 06/02/2013 07:04 AM, meakaakka wrote: > Hey I am newbie in python.I have installed python 2.7.5 correctly.It is working fine but I am having some issues.I have set windows Enviroment variables. Please be a lot more specific. Do you have ...

Error : Internal Mach-O Importer Error File 'ImportMachO.c' Line 1112 can't find section for address
HI folks, I just installed CW 9 and it's latest update 9.1. Next I created new Cocoa based project and it doesn't compile with error: Error : Internal Mach-O Importer Error File 'ImportMachO.c' Line 1112 can't find section for address Could anyone help? Thanks Robert In article <2004022021212116807%robertcerny@maccom>, Robert ?ern� <robertcerny@mac.com> wrote: >HI folks, >I just installed CW 9 and it's latest update 9.1. Next I created new >Cocoa based project and it doesn't compile with error: Error : >Interna...

Wine-20050830: Can't find DLL 'x' needed by 'y', error=2
Obviously, Wine-20050830 is much, much different from earlier versions in that it does not even seem to consider a '.wine/config' file. And, it would seem, there's a problem or misunderstanding about locating DLLs. When I try to start 16-bit "Delphi.exe," I get an error: Could not load 'BIVBX11.DLL' required by 'DELPHI', error=2 A more detailed trace shows: [snip!] trace:module:LdrGetDllHandle 0 0 L"OLE32.DLL" -> 0x7f550000 trace:module:load_dll looking for L"ole32.dll" in L"C:\\delphi\\bin;.;c:\\windows\\syste...

Link error: can't find 'alloca'
Hi everybody, I'm fairly new to CW and Mac development. I'm using CW 8.3, copiling a fairly small test application which makes use of alloca. The linker complains that it can't find alloca, but I can't find which library to link against. I have tried the 'Find library' tool that ships with CodeWarrior, but 'alloca' is not listed there. Which library do I have to link against? Thanks. In article <TdKWc.53990$vO1.283459@nnrp1.uunet.ca>, "St�phane Perras" <perrstep@videotron.ca> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I'm fairly new to CW and Mac development. I'm using CW 8.3, copiling a >fairly small test application which makes use of alloca. The linker >complains that it can't find alloca, but I can't find which library to link >against. I have tried the 'Find library' tool that ships with CodeWarrior, >but 'alloca' is not listed there. > >Which library do I have to link against? Alloca is an instrinsic function, Be sure you include the header alloca.h and that you have require prototypes on. Ron -- Metrowerks Community Forum is a free online resource for developers to discuss CodeWarrior topics with other users and Metrowerks' staff -- http://www.metrowerks.com/community -- Ron Liechty - MWRon@metrowerks.com - http://www.metrowerks.com Great ! Thanks a lot! "MW Ron" <mwron@metro...

Compile error: Can't find catalog
Hi All, I have several users who are getting a compile error "Can't find project or library when the code hits Dim cat as ADOX.Catalog In the references dialog box it show the msadox.dll as missing BUT it's in it's folder right where it belongs. I'v tried decompiling the database using the switch to no avail. The database runs fine on my machine. No one had any problems with it yesterday and nothing has changed. I could really use a suggestion! Thanks, Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

i can't find any error in my vi but it just doesn't work please help
I'm trying to control a robot named cs-113 and I find someone has already achieved this. He wrote a vi called robot cs-113.vi and I just tried to write a same one but&nbsp;it just doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work? Thanks for your help! robot-cs113.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/1/robot-cs113.vi cs-113 test.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/2/cs-113 test.vi ...

Error 2465
"The following unexpected error occurred in Sub CopyMySQLbttn_Click, line #250, CBF on frmVehicleChooserform. 2465: "Can't find the field 'forms' referred to in your expression. You may have misspelled the field name, or the field may have been renamed or deleted." The above error is returned when running the following click code. I don't understand what the error means. Private Sub CopyMySQLbttn_Click() On Error GoTo ErrorCopyMySQLbttn_Click Dim ThisForm As String ThisForm = Me.Name 100 Dim dtxt As Object 125 Set dtxt = Me!TextHolder 150 Me!TextHolde...

Configure problem with Redhat 9. Can't find OpenSSL.
I'm trying to build 7.4-beta2 on RedHat Linux 9. I have OpenSSL installed, but the Postgres configure script seems to be looking in the wrong place for it (or RedHat has moved it to an atypical directory). I've tried specifying the directory in --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl and --includedir=/usr/include/openssl, but the configure script still balks at not being able to find ssl.h. That header file is definitely in /usr/include/openssl, but for some reason the script trips up on it. Anybody have a suggestion for what I'm doing wrong? I guess I can always try manually correcti...

Configure problem with Redhat 9. Can't find OpenSSL.
I'm trying to build 7.4-beta2 on RedHat Linux 9. I have OpenSSL installed, but the Postgres configure script seems to be looking in the wrong place for it (or RedHat has moved it to an atypical directory). I've tried specifying the directory in --with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl and --includedir=/usr/include/openssl, but the configure script still balks at not being able to find ssl.h. That header file is definitely in /usr/include/openssl, but for some reason the script trips up on it. Anybody have a suggestion for what I'm doing wrong? I guess I can always try manually correcti...

SQL Server Management Studio can't 'see' the 2005 engine?? But can see 2000 ?!?
Hello, I had SQL2000 server running fine on the windows 2003 box. I then installed SQL 2005 Express. They both worked together fine. I then uninstalled SQL 2005 Express and installed SQL 2005 Server. But when I open SQL Server Management Studio, I can only connect to the SQL 2000 engine. In the Object explorer, it says v8.0.2039 (which I think is SQL 2000 Server, because I can see the existing SQL 2000 databases). How can I get SQL Server Management Studio to 'see' the SQL 2005 database engine so I can create tables? I *think* its running because there is the 'sqlservr.exe...

SATA :windows 2000/xp 'can't find harddrive' error
I recently purchased the K8VSE DELUXE motherboard with a SATA Hard Disk (western digital 160 GIG). However I cannot get either Windows 2000 or Windows XP to see the Hard Disk during install. Here is what I have done so far: 1. Used the Disk Utilities that came with the Hard Disk. 2. Downloaded the "378ata_100104528" file from your website, and ran the "make disk" and during "Windows Setup" pressed F6 to specify a "Mass Controller Driver". However, neither of this attempts were successful. P.S. I am not using the SATA RAID so I have it disabled in the BIO...

error: can't find a register in class `BREG' while reloading `asm'
Hi, The sample =1CC=1D program: #include <stdio.h> #define WORD_EAX 0 #define WORD_EBX 1 #define WORD_ECX 2 #define WORD_EDX 3 #define WORD_NUM 4 #define INITIAL_APIC_ID_BITS 0xFF000000 int get_APICID(){ unsigned int words[WORD_NUM]; unsigned int reg =3D 1; __asm__ ("pushl %%ebx \n\t" /* save %ebx */ "cpuid \n\t" "movl %%ebx, %1 \n\t" /* save what cpuid just put in %ebx */ "popl %%ebx \n\t" /* restore t...

Can't see hard drive/can't boot.
Using an Intel Mac with 2gb ram with updated Leopard. When starting up, the hard drive does its usual whine, then stops, and starts again. I get the Apple logo on the grey background. But it refuses to go further. Just does this over and over. Its like its hitting some block on the startup. So I take that hard drive and try it on another Mac. It sees it perfectly. I try some utilities to test it - tests 100%. It behaves perfectly. Then I take the 2nd hard drive I use all the time on that system (firewire) and plug it into the other Mac. Its invisible. Nothing in the Finder. ...

Setting an object to existing form generates 'can't find form' error
Hi I am attempting to set global variable (bad practice, will replace with class later, just exploring an idea) with the following code in an startup module from globaldec.bas... Global gfrmClient As Form Global gstrClientForm As String from startup.bas.. gstrClientForm = "frmClients" Set gfrmClient = Forms(gstrClientForm) At runtime I get 'MSA can't find form "frmClients"' Thanks in advance S Is the form open at the time? If not, it's not a member of the Forms collection. HTH - Turtle "SMc" <seamusmcluskey@yahoo.ca> wrote...

error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression
i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote: > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks Do you have access to the code. If so, open up a code module for the form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. Perhaps...

Can you see why I'm getting a NoClassDefFoundError here? I can't see it :<
I'm going through the HeadFirt EJB book, and I stuck on one example. :< The code is here (simple example used to illustrate simple ejb creation/usage, but my example has that commented out). import javax.naming.*; import java.rmi.*; import javax.rmi.*; import headfirst.*; import javax.ejb.*; public class AdviceClient{ public static void main( String[] args ){ System.err.println( "BEG" ); //new AdviceClient().go(); System.err.println( "END" ); } public void go(){ try{ Context ic = new InitialContext(); Object o = ic.lookup( "Advisor" ); ...

Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro
I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has ran into this. Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the subform, and the event does not fire. When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the same time. I have never used a macro...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

Can't see print preview and can't print under Lexmark Z32!
Hi, I face a problem that my customer using lexmark z32 USB prot printer, clarion 5.5 can't generate print preview and can't to printer also. Does anybody face this problem before? How to solve this problem? TQ. Best Regards, Nelson ...

OSX: Can't install RMagick. Can't find the ImageMagick lib
Hi all I'm trying to install RMagick because one of my used plugins for RoR needs it. But I have no idea how to do this. So I just tried sudo gem install rmagick But I'm getting the following error: Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing rmagick: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install rmagick checking for Ruby version >= 1.8.2... yes checking for gcc... yes checking for Magick-config... yes checking for ImageMagick version >= 6.3.0... yes c...

can't find the error in SQL INSERT, syntax error
I echoed the vars so you can see the values. I am looping through csv files in a directory and opening the files to read the rows and do INSERTs. I implode the header row and then the data rows into arrays and do the INSERTS. I can do the INSERT directly from this page into the query browser so I don't know what is the syntax error? Is it that the cost and exC iost are number fields not text fields if so why does it work in the Query Browser and not php? I get the location_code from parsing the file name and the file_name col is well the filename. I don't know if it will help but I w...

Web resources about - configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see config.log for details) *** - comp.security.ssh